The Walking Dead

I know there was a thread on this, but I searched 3 times and found nothing. Odd!

Anyone see the season premiere? Great episode.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Oct '14

Oh I saw it. Wouldn't have missed it for the world!

What I want to know is...how Carol cleaned up so quickly!

honey badger honey badger
Oct '14

She blew up a propane tank with a single bottle rocket set in a chain link fence... cleaning up quickly was probably the least unbelievable thing she accomplished in that episode (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Very good start to the season. I'll resist spilling the spoilers.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

She shot the propane tank first

Booster90 Booster90
Oct '14

best episode ever, i'll give them poetic license on the rifle-shot-bottle-rocket-propane-tank-explosion bit.

good theater, hope they keep the pace up, i like it

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

hardest part about the propane tank explosion would have been aiming the bottle rocket. As long as it was close, the escaped propane would have blown.

Bemused Bemused
Oct '14

LOVED LOVED LOVED! Started out with nausea(I'mnot ssqueamish but Oh my Heavens! Lol) , ended with happy tears... Great episode!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Oct '14

I've never watched this, nor would I, but the amount of people in the bar Sunday night that were leaving to get home and watch it was amazing. It must have a pretty good following. Personally, I was shocked that they didn't want to watch football. But that's just me. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Football was just the stinking Giants. Zoombies are better. Lol

Oct '14

Anyone have kids that watch it? Ages of them? Do you watch with them?

dylan dylan
Oct '14

Yes, I understand that she shot the propane tank first. I also know that you can't reliably hit a person from 10 yards away with a bottle rocket if you try and it's impossible to know how far one will travel before it explodes. So, when one blows up a propane tank from 150-200 yards away after being nonchalantly stuck in a chain link fence, I have to call BS (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Re: The Walking Dead

Whether you were watching The Walking Dead or the SNF game, there were zombies in both.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '14

agree with the giants comparison, the zombies are more life like, more active, and more fleet of foot than the giants are right now, (and i am a giants fan still, ever since the early sixties, and the jets, i like them too, been a fan ever since joe 'woolly' namath, but they are also more zombie like than the walking dead right now)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

" nonchalantly stuck in a chain link fence "

but carol has got skills now, she has come of age, evolved, no longer the shy abused housewife she once was, she has come into her own, and it shows,

i like her rambo stuff, it's cool

like all the stuff that happens in 007 movies is real? and believable?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

great episode and Conan was great on Talking Dead.

darwin darwin
Oct '14

Followed a tried n true horror film set-up; get em a bit shell-shocked queasy right away in first 10 minutes and then they will be putty in your horror pocket. The first 10 minutes sure set me up.

Might have been best episode ever for action; great season start; good to see the gang back together, perhaps Rick not so much so (but he's right, they should have gone back)

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

Love this show!!! Watches all seasons so far. Can't wait for next episode. I wish it play it everyday. Also "The Strain" is very good. Too bad have to wait for next season :(

Bella76 Bella76
Oct '14

Loved It ! So much happened in one single day....all the hype on Termanus...and all in one day ....and yes, I cried with the Daryl , Carol scene....like a baby....my husband was laughing at me....cant wait for next week !!!!

bowie bowie
Oct '14

Great episode.....loved it! I watched the last 2 episodes right beforehand to refresh my memory since it seems like we waited forever for the new season! So glad it's back on!

bowie, I think I heard you from my place! ;) j/k

Lol..,, zoombies? I meant zombies. Surprised no one commented on that. You're slipping! ;)

Oct '14

Not really buying 'The Carolnator', but loved the episode nonetheless.

Guess we're not being careful of spoilers.

I don't think Rick and them should have gone back. Terminus was overrun with Walkers. Not worth it. Plus, that's how the show operates. Everyone not seen killed show up later. Very excited for the return of Morgan, aka Lennie James. He's great. Loved him in Jericho and Snatch.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

Maybe a graphic novel reader can explain why our brave bunch does not seem to invest in advance weaponry or armored all terrain vehicles. Just wondering.

Oct '14

Love the show, another good one is "Peaky Blinders" it was on Netflix, weird name but a great show. I hope I spelled that correctly.

sheryl sheryl
Oct '14

Does anyone else believe Eugene has a cure?
I don't read the comics, so I'm not sure what details they provide there.
I think its his way of controlling groups he is in, and keep him safe from walkers and other threats. Promising a cure, and everyone fighting things off to keep him safe.
He's already proved he can't hack it with weapons!
Just my 2 cents...
But I LOVE the show, and the episode was great!

av111ks av111ks
Oct '14

Eugene doesn't have the cure if they follow the comic storyline. I've never read them, but read the synopsis for each edition to see how it differs from the show. They follow the basic storyline/timeline but the rest is usually different. There's no Daryl in the comics, so that alone is a huge difference.

The season premiere was awesome, I love this show.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Oct '14

Just finished watching the premiere. Definitely very uncomfortable and upset watching the scenes with Judith. The reunion at the end made me cry too.

Tracy Tracy
Oct '14

Is it Sunday yet? Can't wait!

av111ks av111ks
Oct '14

I'm addicted to this show. I was wondering about Carol getting cleaned up so fast too! Love Norman Reedus...so glad they added that character. Can't wait for Sundays now. Season premiere was awesome.

jaemae jaemae
Oct '14

Norman Reedus wasn't added, he's an original cast member.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

Meister, jaemae was referring to the fact Daryl wasn't a character from the comics.

Daryl was created, from what I've read, after Norman tried out for the part of Merle Dixon. The creators and producers loved him, but thought he was too likable for the part. So they created a new character, who ended up being one of the best.

Oct '14

Am I the only one who doesn't like Ricks son Carl?

Booster90 Booster90
Oct '14

Cant stand Carl....just sayin.....

bowie bowie
Oct '14

Re: The Walking Dead

The first season I join the "kill Carl" fan club of which there are many chapters.

Last year he mostly turned pretty cool and so far this year he is tolerable.

It's Rick who seems to have lost a shingle from his roof top. Most often he's warm and dry, but then.........drip, drip, drip....

Oct '14

Commercial break. Oh I like Carl. I think he's sweet...and badass. He's at such a vulnerable age, its interesting watching him growing up during the apocalypse.

Oct '14

Does anyone watch the Talking Dead after the show? Such comedic relief after intense episodes!
Last night's episode was great...I have a theory about Father Gabriel...let's see how it progresses over this season!

av111ks av111ks
Oct '14

5 Things You Might Have Missed In The Walking Dead "Strangers"

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/10/20/5-things-you-might-have-missed-in-the-walking-dead-strangers-2307817?lt_source=external,manual

Oct '14

Look at the flowers , Bob

colleen26 colleen26
Oct '14

So I sort of got my answer from reading the above article. So are we to assume that Bob was bitten while in the food bank? Hence the reason for his dramatic kiss and crying out by the tree before being captured?

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Oct '14

The reason people are suggesting that Bob got bit is because in the comic book it was Dale that was captured by the hunters and lost a leg. And he was bitten prior. So people are assuming the writers are followng the same storyline just with different characters.

darwin darwin
Oct '14

Yeah, makes sense since they will never follow exactly. I heard Daryl auditioned for Merle but was considered too nice so they made a new non-comic book character. Could just be urban legend.......

Oct '14

that's what i think, it's the only thing that makes sense to me, and it will be fun to watch the cannibals start to turn , and then turn on each other while wondering what the heck is happening to them, haha, ain't karma a b*tch ?

bonus drama scene might be to have rick and the chief cannibal (who really needs to go down hard), fighting it out hand to hand and in the middle of the struggle he turns all the way zombie, that would be cool

and what is the connection between the pastor and the mystery car with the cross in the back window that took the girl (is her name julie?) away from daryl? hope he and carol catch up with them, although i didn't get why he busted the tail lights out on the car, i mean if you want to drive without the lights, can't you just turn them off? or have i been doing it wrong for the last 42 years?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

BD, have you used your brakes in 42 years?

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

apparently not . . . . .brakes just slow you down, actually didn't think about the brake lights, that makes sense the way you describe it, but, if you're going to go all technical on me, i'm out.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

Ha. That's not technical at all.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

So wouldn't it be fun if the cannibals turn for eating Bob's leg...but Bob survives because they amputated his bite (ala Hershel?!).

Oct '14

I never read the comic books but I assumed that Bob got bit anyway, based on what happened to him at the food pantry and the way he was acting afterwards. He was crying like a guy who had just lost everything after finally putting a life together for himself. With his new romantic relationship, there isn't much other reason for him to be crying like that.

I also had a similar thought to honey badger, that the Termites amputated the part of his leg that got bit by the underwater walker and saved his life and infected themselves by eating it. Poetic justice, as it were.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

There's a pretty big hole in that theory. Wouldn't the termites see a bite and then no way would they eat the leg? I don't know about you, but if there's a scrape, bruise, bite, etc., I'm not touching it if it were filet mignon nevermind Leg O' Bob.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

It's the apocalypse. People get cuts and bruises all the time. If Termites only ate people with flawless skin, they would have starved long ago. Plus, it was dark out; it's not like they were able to do a USDA inspection to determine if he was Choice or Prime, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Great episode last night!
"TAINTED MEAT!!!"

av111ks av111ks
Oct '14

Oh man, people eating people really creeps me out. Must be from seeing Night of the Living Dead before I had to shave has "tainted" me forever.

Oct '14

LOL @ mistergoogle!
Any theories on who is hiding in the woods when Daryl is revealed?

av111ks av111ks
Oct '14

Awesome episode ! Rick is pissed....really pissed.. that whole scene in the church was crazy...... but who is coming out of the woods with Daryl....I dont think its Carol....cant wait for next week....

bowie bowie
Oct '14

Maybe is Rick's old friend, the guy who lost his son in the beginning.

Bella76 Bella76
Oct '14

....Morgan returns........

JoeBee JoeBee
Oct '14

From the previews for next week, it looks like Beth is back in the picture, and looks like from the comics, were getting to the Alexandria safe zone story arc. I never read the comics, but I have read synopsises for the volumes. So far this season has been wild.

Oct '14

Don't think it's Morgan cause he is months behind them......I don't think it Beth or carol either cause why would he have them hiding.....

dismom dismom
Oct '14

ok, i love this show, but this last episode was much weaker than expected, found myself wondering when it was going to be over, my better half actually left the room and started doing something else.

not their best effort at writing i must say, i wanted more substance, less moping around, and better interactions between rick and the cannibal guy.

i would have preferred them to see bob go out about half way thorugh the episode (way too much crying and moping, get on with it already) and then show a couple of scenes with the termites worrying about getting sick and changing, and then showing them changing, and the fight scene with rick at the end would have been cool if derek changed right then in the struggle, or while they were talking.

and the illogical thing about this episode is that after the danger was eliminated the military guy took the bus and the egg head and left anyways? why? no reason to break up the team any more, the danger was past, but they split anyways, and there wasn't even a short conversation between Glen&Maggie and rick as they left? bad, writing, just terrible.

makes no sense . . . ., and that's why i vote this, 'the worst episode ever' .(inserts the simpson's comic book guy here)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

See, now I thought it was an awesome episode! Loved the tainted meat scene. The brutal revenge. Excited for the next episode. I guess other people are more dangerous than walkers.

Oct '14

Not the worst episode, far from it IMO. Loved the scene in the church, especially the red machete. I was actually surprised that they wrapped up the Termite arc so quickly. Thought they would dwell on it longer.

ianimal, you were right, I was wrong.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

yes, agreed the 'tainted meat' scene was well done, really well done, added a new phrase to the language, and yes, red machette was good, he should use it more often now going forward, like thor's hammer or something. "oh, oh, look! rick's getting the 'Red Machette' out!" that would be kinda cool, ' the red machette of justice'

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

that episode followed the comic book pretty closely. In the comic book the canibals that ate the "tainted meat" were killed before we found out if the tainted meat actually hurt them or not. left that question unanswered.

I would have preferred a flashback to explain what happened to Father Gabriel rather than him telling Rick in 30seconds.

Abe has a mission and doesn't want to waste anytime. Threat or no threat he is set on finishing his mission ASAP.

Beth looks like she is in ATL which just shows with all the running around the group has been doing all this time they are still close to ATL.

Not sure who is with Daryl, my guess it's a new character that will lead the group to Beth/Carol

darwin darwin
Oct '14

My guess is it's Carol with a prisoner who will lead them to Beth.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

"Don't think it's Morgan cause he is months behind them......I don't think it Beth or carol either cause why would he have them hiding....."

Why do you think Morgan is Months behind?
He was shown at the "Come to Terminis" sign that Rick crossed out, not long before they found the preacher on the zombie rock.
Time for more of the Morgan story!!

JoeBee JoeBee
Oct '14

The sign that Rick changed had more plants growing on it when Morgan saw it, leaving some to believe that he approached the sign months after Rick changed it rather than a few days later.

Darwin Darwin
Oct '14

Damn DVR didn't record Sunday so I have to wait till Friday night to watch it unless it comes on On Demand before that. It isn't up on Directv yet. See you next week (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Comcast has it.

Oct '14

Considering that I have DirecTV, that's very helpful, mistergoogle... thanks (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

I had read on AMC website (episode details) that it was MONTHS later that Morgan came across Rick's sign.

Also, potential ****SPOILERS***** for next episode below...so don't read if you don't want to know...

This was taken from the 5 Sep 14 Entertainment Weekly magazine:

"...just outside suite 222 of the Grant Building [in Atlanta]...filming is about to commence on a scene that will find [Daryl and Carol] investigating a particularly creepy hallway that stands between them and their secret destination."

There have been some leaks that Beth is being held (prisoner/hostage/against her will) in a high rise building in "The City of the Dead" [Atlanta] and the excerpt above leads on that Daryl and Carol are to the rescue.

We'll find out Sunday night!

Oct '14

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Are you a fan of DirecTV's on demand, ianimal? I don't use it that often. It's ok. Doesn't seem to be a ton of current stuff.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

No... I only use it when I have to, like when the DVR fails to record something. But they finally put up the most recent episode of TWD yesterday and I was able to watch it. At least I was half right about Bob... but cooking the meat probably will prevent the Termites from being infected.

I also think you're right about Daryl and Carol having a prisoner and not Beth herself.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

the word on the internet is this week's episode is suppose to be really disturbing. Beth doesn't seem to be in happy place, to put it lightly.

darwin darwin
Oct '14

Do shows come on Demand sooner with other providers like Comcast?

Can't wait for Sunday. Returning to ATL will be very interesting.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

According to mistergoogle, Comcast puts them up faster, at least TWD episodes. I really don't know if that's a fundamental truth or if it's just this one episode.

As far as Bob goes, I was also wrong in that they didn't eat the part of him that was bitten; he had a shoulder bite... plus, they didn't save him... so I was way more wrong than right, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Eh, more right than me. I don't think it would have mattered what part they ate. He was bit, period. It would have spread throughout. Moot point because the Termites are all dead.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '14

Ya know - it does kinda make the whole tainted meat scene worthless since they all just got killed anyway. It would have been funnier if they started showing symptons!

Oct '14

Should I assume from the lack of chatter that everyone else found last night's episode just as underwhelming as I did? A whole episode devoted to Beth was a bit much... she's not all that interesting.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

i love beth, she sings really good, episode was ok, better than last weeks, (imo) show needs a little more support for some of these plot lines to be honest, it's good scifi from the perspective that they show all different types of human behavior and motivations, i think that's a good thing.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Nov '14

Are you kidding? Last night's wasn't a tenth of a percent as interesting as "Four Walls and a Roof". I mean she's a sweet kid and all but dull as a butter knife. And what was up with the "Everybody Hates Chris" dude? I don't know... it just seemed disjointed and lacking direction with very little action. I'll watch it again and see if I can pick up any nuance that "embiggens" it somewhat.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

The Sleeper Dead.

seem to do this every year, must be a budget thing. I think even the special effects guys took a break from their "we gotta find a new way to zombie dispatch" contest.

Nov '14

I was bored ! Enough with Beth....got good in the last couple of minutes...hope next week is better...

bowie bowie
Nov '14

I just finished watching it and couldn't wait for it to be over.

Yes it was one of the slowest and most uninteresting hour of the series...
I love this show...but this episode was not necessary.

JoeBee JoeBee
Nov '14

Ok I just don't understand the timeframe of the Beth story. She was kidnapped well before Rick's group made it to Terminas. So how long was she out for before she woke up? How many days took place during that episode last night? Cause it seems like it was only a couple of days since she woke up. So how could Carol be there at the end? Unless Beth was out for a few weeks which doesn't make sense based on her injuries.

I'm I wrong? It took Daryl a few days/weeks to regroup with Rick and then a few days to go to Term. We don't know how many days they were there And then a few days afterwards to see the car and chase it. So I don't understand how the 2 story lines fit in the same timeline.

Darwin Darwin
Nov '14

Iaminal I will tell you Noah is a big character so expect to see him again. Perhaps coming out of the woods with Daryl??

Darwin Darwin
Nov '14

I think that Noah will come out of the woods with Daryl, and the group will try to save Beth & Carol. Beth definitely showed some spunk & intelligence this week, calmly using the walker to kill the perv guard. She has the doctor pegged. Maybe that will play out.

"So how long was she out for before she woke up? How many days took place during that episode last night? Cause it seems like it was only a couple of days since she woke up. So how could Carol be there at the end? Unless Beth was out for a few weeks which doesn't make sense based on her injuries. "

right that's what i was trying to get at, this last episode glosses over some major logical points, so it was confusing to me , i still like beth (and her signing voice) , and the episode was overall better than many of you seem to think, once again i am out in the woods all alone with my own perspective, ah well . . . what are you gonna do? i still gotta be me

i really liked them profiling the lady cop who is looking for 'structure' so she can get through her day, love that beth was quick thinking enough to smash the pervy guy in the head and to see him get bit was cool, and the zombie-kill-of-the-night was when beth foot stomped the walkers head into the pavement. hope the young guy who got away hooks up w/daryl and company and comes back to free her

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Nov '14

I really like Beth and think her character has a lot of potential. I thought the episode with her and Daryl at the end of last season was fantastic...it was like her coming of age. I've heard rumors that her character won't make it to the mid-season finale...I hope that is false...keep Beth, get rid of Maggie!

This last episode did really linger...and perhaps they were just trying to portray the calm, controlled wickedness of the group. I must confess though, that I was knee deep in a Hallmark Channel Christmas movie and spent the hour switching back and forth between amputations and holiday cheer. :)

Soooo...the meat that the Dr. was eating...did he say it was "guinea pig"?!

Nov '14

Chronologically, this episode may have only been a couple of days after Daryl lost her. Much like Morgan coming upon the Terminus sign months after Rick wrote No Sanctuary on it... the timeline of the show isn't always linear. I watched Talking Dead last night and picked up a few things... the actress who plays Beth was on it. But they mentioned something about Carol getting captured that I don't recall seeing.

My other issue with this story arc is that they seem to have been walking for months and they're still within "hunting range" of the white cross cars from Atlanta? The dinosaurs will come back before that other group gets to DC, lol.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Nov '14

Guinea pig is big in South America. They had a farm on the roof of the hospital.

One funny thing I heard on TD was that Maggie was a hell of a lot more interested in finding Glenn than she is to find her own sister. There hasn't been a peep out of her about it, lol.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Nov '14

Chronologically, this episode may have only been a couple of days after Daryl lost her

how? Daryl lost her. Then he met up with the bikers that were looking for Rick. It took a few days at least for Daryl and the bikers to find Rick. Then it took at least a few days for Daryl and Rick to get to Terminus. Then who knows how long there were there but let's say at least a day or 2. Then another day to get to the church. And then Daryl and Carol go off to follwo the car. So logically i put it from the time they took Beth to the time Carol got carted in at the end at 10days. So i guess that is short enough to make sense if it took Beth a few days to wake up at the hospital.

I guess i'm trying to analyze it too much since the episode was kind of boring and did not life up to the hype on the internet.

darwin darwin
Nov '14

here at the titles of the next upcoming episodes:

Episode 5 – The Choice
Episode 6 – Heart Drift
Episode 7 Crossed

so it looks like episode 5 focuses on the DC bound group, Episode 6 will bring us back to Daryl and Carol. how Carol ended up in the hospital and the person with Daryl being revealed. Then a mid season finale rescue mission. At least that is how i think it will happen. Just don't know if/when the DC group and Rick's group meet back up.

darwin darwin
Nov '14

I missed the part where Carol got wheeled in. The last thing I saw was Noah going through the fence and Beth with a boot on her neck and a smile on her face. (I was in a hurry to start watching the Steelers game that I was DVR'ing, lol).

I agree that the presence of Carol seems to throw the chronology way off. You're saying it may have only been 10 days, but I was imagining that it had to be at least a month since she got "savenapped" by the white crosses. But, I also kind of imagined the Beth episode running a course of a few weeks in the hospital, condensed into an hour. But I suppose it could have just as easily taken place in the course of a few days.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

Since the Hospital Dwellers saw Beth kick some ass, she will have value and they'll keep her around in the short term. They made a pretty big point of having the leader say she was weak.

Man, Daryl's bad ass cred is taking a serious hit. He can't protect anyone. Lost Beth and now Carol.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Nov '14

"Since the Hospital Dwellers saw Beth kick some ass, she will have value and they'll keep her around in the short term."

I think you missed the main theme of the episode. They don't want people who are "bad-ass"; they want weak people who are easy to control.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

I am also in the minority in liking the episode. I thought it showedgreat character development for Beth and honestly was one of the creepiest episodes to date. The pervy guard make my skin crawl!!! And I was SO rooting for her to get outta there. The cop is delusional and abusive and the dr is self-serving and manipulative. Interesting all around. I agree that the timeline is completely glossed over, but I'm ok with not overthinking it and giving them that bit of license for the sake of moving the story along.

somechik somechik
Nov '14

Could there have been a chronological gap between the time that Noah escaped and Carol got "savenapped"? Say, enough time for Noah to meet up with Daryl and Carol after escaping, relate to them that Beth is inside and that they only "rescue" people that they deem to be weak and not a threat?

Or, did it seem to have happened concurrently with the botched escape attempt by Beth?

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

good question, they wheeled carol in at the end of the episode on a gurney and beth was in the hallway and recognized her, then it fades out, not sure how much time had elapsed since they recaptured her in the yard

i wish there was a little more support for the logical timeline flow,

that's what i meant before about the plot lines were on the weak-side andd need more support.

true fans should not have to have this much difficulty piecing the threads together. hope the writers get this message.

they need to re-enforce the cohesiveness of these separate stories

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Nov '14

"true fans should not have to have this much difficulty piecing the threads together. hope the writers get this message."

Actually, I like having to piece it together. It's much more interesting than being spoon-fed.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

soooo...there's some excited chatter about Carol being wheeled into the hospital. Not sure if Carol was really hurt...or if she's faking it to infiltrate the hospital and rescue Beth. In either case, folks are speculating an eventual confrontation between Dawn and Carol.

Imagine Dawn slapping Carol as she did Beth? I wouldn't expect an instantaneous, knee-jerk reaction, but surely Carol is going to open up a calculated can of whoop-ass. I will be looking forward to that moment.

Nov '14

It seems like the time between the botched escape and carol showing up on the stretcher is at least a couple of days. Noah feels like a character that will be around and will be important to future story lines. I fully believe he encountered Daryl and carol after they had seen the car with the white cross.

The person Daryl was bringing back to the group two weeks ago, in my opinion, was Noah. That's why he wasn't shown, not only to build anticipation but revealing him would have had no significance. Going back to that after he's been introduced makes sense. He doesn't seem like the type to leave Beth for dead. He left Richmond to find his uncle and bring him back, that's a hell of a drive.

All theories. A lot of people didn't like it's slow pace compared to how the rest of the season has been, but it was good.

Nov '14

Makes a lot of sense, Penning... esp. now that we KNOW it isn't Carol with a prisoner in the woods and that they already know where Beth and Carol are. They're just looking for reinforcements.

How about that Maggie, though? Her little sister is missing and she couldn't care less. She's headed to Washington.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Nov '14

I know! That's the most off putting thing about this season, I can't wrap my head around it. She didn't even look like Daryl did for Merle. Unreal.

Nov '14

I havent seen the last 2 episodes. Maybe a few minutes. Have to catch up. Lol Sounds like its been awesome.

Nov '14

Wow ! I cant wait till it comes back.....what a finale, I was standing in front of the tv...couldnt sit down......

bowie bowie
Nov '14

It was sad. But at least we only have to wait 2 months instead of 6 for the next episode.

Dec '14

Oh man, even though it wasn't a shooting fest, the shockers were good; first Rick (get a leash on that guy) and then....... Have not been that surprised since Open Range shootout scene. Nicely played, nicely played.

Dec '14

Open Range is an underrated movie. I enjoyed that one.

Good episode. Very pleased with the season thus far. I was blindsided that it was the midseason finale. Bummed I have to wait a couple months for another episode.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '14

I knew we'd lose a long running cast member this season, and I knew it would be more than just bob. But why sweet adorable Beth?!

Dec '14

If you don't normally watch The Talking Dead, watch this last one! Emily Kinney (Beth) was a guest and she was very sweet and adorable. It sounds like her exit was unexpected. I think her character had so much potential.

Scott Kirkman was also a guest - he did not impress me. But then again. This is The Walking Dead. No character is safe. I just wasn't a fan of writing off Beth.

Dec '14

If I have the chronology right, when Rick was talking to the Atlanta cop, he said that they had picked up Carol "yesterday". So, Beth could only have been at the hospital a week or two at most. Is that really long enough for her to have been "broken" to the point where she had to stab Dawn with the scissors? She's been living in a zombie apocalypse for many months, if not years, but a couple of slaps to the face turns her into a cold-blooded murderer? I just have a hard time buying it.

ianimal ianimal
Dec '14

It may have been much longer. It really depends on how long it's been since she was abducted from the mortuary in the first half of last season. I think Beth's time at the hospital was concurrent with the 2nd half of the last season (which was significant.)

emaxxman emaxxman
Dec '14

But she still had stitches in her face from the first time Dawn whacked her, which was a day or two after she woke up in the hospital. I'm still really confused about how all this ties together temporally. Because you're right, it seems like a LONG time has passed since she got savenapped by the white crosses... but that may just be because it was so long ago in our time. Each episode this season hasn't covered that much ground time-wise, and perhaps we're just imagining gaps where we think they have to be, but really aren't?

ianimal ianimal
Dec '14

Must be fun at salary negotiation time knowing you could be offed on any episode no matter how important you think you are....."Sure, no raise, not a problem...."

Or on the set when the director says: "they're working on the last scene still, can't get it to you yet........But the good news is you're in it!!!!"

I bet these actors perform each scene as if it might be their last.

Dec '14

Every time someone dies I picture it being Carl

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '14

i thought the way beth was killed was atrocious. after ALL that she was good to go and turns around with a tiny pair of scissors that barely make their way into the she-cop's shoulder???? they could have done right by the fans and beth by having her go out in a much better way. at least make her last episode worthy. very disappointed.

Poppy Girl
Dec '14

Hmm...good point on the stitches. I think there was a significant gap in time but the stitches may be a continuity error. Have you seen the baby? Kid is huge now. No way Tyrese was carrying a kid that big all the way to Terminus.

emaxxman emaxxman
Dec '14

Yeah... and Carl looks like he's about 30 now. That's the problem with child actors and TV production schedules for a long-running series, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Dec '14

I thought Dawn was going to push Beth down the elevator shaft.....and when she didnt, I thought ok, so it's going to be Carol that gets off'd...but I was shocked at the end....great show.....sad but great....

bowie bowie
Dec '14

I saw a timeline posted on one o f the spoiler sites nd since Herschel was killed last mid season it's only been around 2 weeks..........

dismom dismom
Dec '14

Returns this Sunday February 8th. Link below shows the first 2 minutes of the mid-season premiere.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-first-2-minutes-of-the-mid-season-premiere-the-walking-dead-season-5

luvlife
Feb '15

Can't wait!!!

weebiekins weebiekins
Feb '15

Can't wait!!!

weebiekins weebiekins
Feb '15

What did everyone think of tonight's episode? Poor tyrese

townie14 townie14
Feb '15

First I was heartbroken for Noah, then I was heartbroken for Tyrese. Very powerful episode with Michone and Glenn I think also.

weebiekins weebiekins
Feb '15

First I was heartbroken for Noah, then I was heartbroken for Tyrese. Very powerful episode with Michone and Glenn I think also.

weebiekins weebiekins
Feb '15

Great opening episode. :-)

I thought it was an excellent episode - very reflective. And I liked how they showed the view of the sun thru the car window...and as it faded out.

I was never a fan of Tyrese, but I actually found myself appreciating him and empathizing with his character. Same with Father Gabriel - his character is so frustrating and annoying but his role was very befitting last night.

But seriously...all they've been thru and they didn't think to use a tourniquet?!

Feb '15

Intense episode..Sad to see Tyreese die..Parts of the episode I was having a hard time understanding until it was explained on Talking Dead..The scene with Tyreese dying in the backseat looking out the window and seeing the sun breaking through the trees reminded me of the same scene with Denzel Washington in Man of Fire..

i was pretty annoyed that they had another major character die.... didn't we just leave the mid season finale with a death.. and now to start back up another. i liked tyrese and am annoyed that the writers thought this was a good way to start back into the season. would have been much better if the guy with the mullet got bit.. his character is soo annoying even though i know he's straight from the comic. on another note i stayed up to watch call saul as i needed a pick me up and really liked the first episode!

Poppy Girl
Feb '15

I thought it was great....very intense. Looking forward for the season...so good.

bowie bowie
Feb '15

Let's march on DC!!!!

OK, we got it ---- even main characters can be killed in trade for new ones.

Don't think we traded up here......

Caught Daryl in Law and Order the other day as a rock star. Same hair cut.........

Feb '15

They've spent 4-1/2 seasons moving around without ever getting a stone's throw from Atlanta, it seems... yet, in this episode, someone snaps their fingers and they are magically 500 miles away in Richmond, VA?

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

It was sad to see Cuddy (The Wire) go last night. I liked his character.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '15

Iman: And amazingly they decided they needed to go 500 miles to find a wall. In all of this, they still can't beef up the transpo or arms. Think they need to rent Zombieland and go Tallahasse on the support tools.

Feb '15

What a crazy episode. I'm really bummed to see tyrese go, his character was complex and fantastic. Because of his inability to adapt to life in this world, and how little of his humanity has been eaten away, I really think this is a nod to a change in dynamic that's been building. The "purest of heart" characters have been dying one by one.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Feb '15

Can you believe it's only been 531 days since the initial outbreak!? I thought it was like 2-3 years!

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_Show_Timeline

Feb '15

And yet, Carl has grown about 2-1/2 feet and put on about 100 pounds, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

Anyone else getting creeped out with Rick's behavior since their re-location to Alexandria, VA? How about Carol's threat to Jessie's lil boy who wanted more cookies . . . truly love this show! I think only 3 more episodes left till next season : (

luvlife
Mar '15

I'm finding it to be a bit uneventful.

Mar '15

Those people in the safe zone are off their rockers...totally clueless. I think Rick and Co were hoping against hope that they could stop running, that the safe zone is real, but I think deep down they all know its only a facade.

I loved Sasha's reaction "THAT'S what you worry about?!"

Something big is coming down the pipeline. I wish it was on every Sunday night - 52 weeks a year!

Mar '15

No, the people in the safe zone "aren't" off their rockers... they're perfectly normal; although that's not necessarily a good thing in the dystopian zombie apocalypse.

I think that's the whole point. Rick and the gang have become feral and are having a hard time adjusting to "civilization". They have turned the corner from good guys to survivalists who trust no one but their inner circle.

Case in point... he's attracted to the hair stylist and instinctively went for his gun when he saw her walking hand in hand with her husband. He's reverted to a caveman where you take what you want, by force if you have to, and to hell with anyone who gets in your way.

But, even worse... Carol telling that little kid what was going to happen to him if he told anyone she was stealing guns may have been the most disturbing thing I've seen on the show yet... and that's definitely saying something, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

That was my point - acting "normal" when the world outside your walls is crumbling is *not* normal. Building a government is a start, but it's under false pretenses. What are they doing to mitigate the ZA? Their survivial strategy is denial.

And they are fortunate to have a caveman like Rick, a psycho like Carol, a badass like Daryl, and Glenn....and Maggie...and Carl...and Sasha - cuz you know what? Those feral survivors are going to be the ones saving their asses.

Mar '15

So... in retrospect, the Governor was a good guy?

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

Nah the Governor was horrid & way too greedy! Tend to agree with honeyb I think Rick & Company will end up saving many of the clueless Alexdria folk, but have a hunch Rick will be sure hairdresser's (Jessie) hubby won't make it out alive. : )

luvlife
Mar '15

Something's creepy in Mayberry, that's for sure.

Like Rick says: these folks are really lucky and just got luckier. But how did they miss being over run by humans like the governor or terminus.

Alexandria means "defender of men," but I really don't see too much defending here except the magic wall.......so far.

Methinks there is going to be a weapons lock-down coming.

Mar '15

****!!!!

six long months until a new episode!

Mar '15

Awesome finale tonight!!

townie14 townie14
Mar '15

Amazing finale. I love Morgan I'm so glad he'll be in the mix next season.

I was worried about character deaths, and I'm so glad no major character died in the finale. New and old, both are growing. Deanna's husband and Pete were straight out of the comics, I haven't read them but I've read the basic outline for the stories.

The wolves aren't the scavengers from the comics, I think they're the saviors, who are a huge story arc. The scavengers were not a big part of the story, and rick killing the walkers and showing the people of Alexandria how dangerous the world is now is basically the same concept as rick killing the scavengers.

We have a long way to go until next season, which is sad, but I'm excited for the spin off show that will premiere in August/September.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Mar '15

A friend just shared this web site with me...basically an encyclopedia for The Walking Dead. Search any character or episode and get the DL. Have fun!

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(TV_Series)

Mar '15

if you're keeping track, last night's season finale followed issue #77 of the comic books. Don't click on future issues if you don't want spoilers. the comic book currently has 130+ issues so the show is roughly at the halfway point of the comic right now.

darwin darwin
Mar '15

Best finale so far!! I really thought Glenn was a goner . . . Hope his decision to let that dirt bag live doesn't come back to "bite him" . . . Till next season.

luvlife
Mar '15

Did anyone watch Talking Dead after? It's weird to hear "Rick" and "Morgan" speak with British accents, lol...

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

yeah it is weird, and i gotta ask the question: is this another example of jobs that americans just don't want to do? acting in a top rated TV show?

good finale, and a good season, very strong scripts and shows, they are going good right now,

FX is advertising some new show of a dystopic future started by a 'virus', AMC is producing a spin off with Morgan i think, and wpix has a ne show called 'iZombie'

they say imitation is a form of flattery

really looking forward to the next episode, (is it October yet?)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '15

I don't usually watch TTD, but I think I must after seeing this. Great episode.

And no, I don't think it's all that weird to hear Rick and Morgan speak with British Accents because I remember them from other roles (Andrew Lincoln in Love Actually and Lennie James in 'Jericho', 'Snatch', 'Lie to Me', and 'Human Target'.) where they spoke in their native tongue. But that's just me.

As Dominic West (McNulty in 'The Wire') once said when asked why he thought there were so many Brits in American TV: 'Maybe it's because we work cheap'.

Lauren Cohan actually has a bit of a British accent as well because she lived over there awhile.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '15

I'm sorry... did you just admit to seeing "Love Actually"? I hope it was at gunpoint (-;

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

Haha. It's not a bad movie. Liam Neeson is in it after all. And Claudia Schiffer and Keira Knightley. Sometimes you have to watch one with the lady, ianimal.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '15

Luckily, my wife hates Hugh Grant, so I'm never subjected to any of his crappy rom-coms. I *have* been victimized by Girl, Interrupted and Sweet November more than once... so I can empathize somewhat with the forced chick flick viewing. Luckily, she prefers to watch "Beaches" alone... not sure if I'd get through that one without excusing myself to go to the kitchen and stick my head in the oven, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

i think lauren cohen is austrailian ? is that right?

again we need these immigrants to do the jobs that americans just don't want to do,

acting/starring in/playing the leading role in an award winning, hugely popular tv series is beneath most americans, that's why we need immigration reform. so that all these poor aussies and britts have a chance at a decent life. :)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '15

I do have to say, I saw the 'Rick is a badass, he's good for protecting us' storyline coming a mile away. It was the best plot to have him in good standing for next season. I still enjoyed it. And as for the wolves, they got schooled by Morgan and yet they seem to be mastermind people hunters / zombie herders (and creators for that matter). Kind of incongruous. And it's time for Father Gabriel to go. But all in all great finale.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '15

Danielle Melnick is going to go off the deep end. Her life in Alexandria was pretty good for about a year and a half. Then Rick and the gang show up and her son and husband are dead within a week, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.