Competent Groomer in/near Hackettstown

I am seeking a groomer in the Hackettstown area that can cut nails on a neurotic Pug. I have been to several and not one can seem to wrangle him, I have been using my vet but the techs there recently nearly killed the poor thing...having him turn BLUE before they stopped...if any body knows of a groomer that is able to cut unruly dog's nails...without killing him that it....I would appreciate any lead....
thanks Ü

pugofmine pugofmine
Oct '14

Cortney's Grooming!!!!

470 Schooleys Mountain Rd, Hackettstown, NJ 07840
(908) 269-8199

If Cortney can't do them no one can. I used to work there and I still remember this pug that I had to hold while she did the nails and that Pug screamed BLOODY MURDER before even touching his feet.....but always got them done.

Nosila Nosila
Oct '14

I have a Pug and go to Courtney's as well. I am not sure if he is bad cutting his nails but they handle all dogs well.

Summernico Summernico
Oct '14

Another vote for Cortney.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

A vote for doggie xanax

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Oct '14

jersey paws is the place to go. we have a neurotic golden doodles and jersey paws is the only one that can handle him. we were asked by another place in town never to come back again.

JD4020 JD4020
Oct '14

I have been taking my pets to Cortney for over 15 years now and she is the best by far :)

MisterC MisterC
Oct '14

Courtneys!!!!!

Smack Smack
Oct '14

Without a doubt Doggie Styleash...Sabine. She is excellent. We have been taking out Goldendoodle and Labradoodle to her for years. Really wonderful with grooming and her love of animals!!

Kmc138 Kmc138
Oct '14

Courtneys!

Cortney's

Monica Monica
Oct '14

Courtneys!

Real1 Real1
Oct '14

Doggie Styleleashes on Main Street ...Sabine is a competent and compassionate groomer who has quite a clientele . She also owns a number of small dogs that are always in impeccable shape! Her "studio" is spotless and she does the biggest to the smallest dogs... You will be extremely happy with her work! I vote Sabine!!

Shaddog Shaddog
Oct '14

I'd search this forum before going to Doggie Styleash. My experience, as well as those of others who have posted, was absolutely unforgivable.

Someone
Oct '14

THE POOCH SPA!!!

Patty is amazing.

Ceewiz Ceewiz
Oct '14

Regarding Doggie Styleash...we have been going there for years, that place is wonderful. My daughter goes there as well. The owner Sabine could not be any nicer or more loving of dogs. We take our dogs there every 6 weeks, we have never ever had a problem.

Kmc138 Kmc138
Oct '14

P.S. I just did the search. After years of service, going every 6 weeks having two dogs , one that is very anxious, I have to say that the negative posts are B.S. Doggie Styleash is wonderful and it's awful to ruin her reputation by posting negative comments after one visit and referring people to old posts. Awful.

Kmc138 Kmc138
Oct '14

Doggie Styleash is wonderful.

animal lover animal lover
Oct '14

Lori from Scrub a dub doggie is really great. I have known and used her for so many years. She just moved into a new location right on main st. Down near the hess station. She seemed very excited to move and has been in the new locale since thursday.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Oct '14

Which building has Scrub a Dub moved into? Is she no longer in the back of the building opposite the hardware store?

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '14

kmc138,
You are obviously happy with your service at Doggie Styleash... Good for you. That doesn't mean that what others have stated about their experience there is BS. I also do not believe anyone is trying to ruin her business. If you are searching for a place to take your pet wouldn't want to hear both good/bad reviews and then decide for yourself? Seems a bit unrealistic to think that EVERYONE is going to be happy with the same groomer don't you think?

JRT, you are right. Everyone does have that right. I just feel that people have to understand the power of social media and use caution. Thank you.

Kmc138 Kmc138
Oct '14

Doggie Styleash is absolutely fantastic. I mirror all of the wonderful things mentioned about Sabine and her business. I wouldn't take my two dogs anywhere else.

Greener Pastures Greener Pastures
Oct '14

Scrub-A-Dub Doggie new location is at 283 Main Street. Lori is so excited to be in her new location. You can't find anyone more genuinely in love with every pet she works with.

+++for Sabine and doggie Styleash. My 11 yr old hound mix has been going to Sabine since she opened. She "talks" to Sabine whenever we see her. The only other person she "talks" to is my daughter, who she loves too. I have never gone anywhere else, but I'm very satisfied with Sabine. (no she doesn't say words, but makes doggie noises only when she sees them)

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Oct '14

Canine Clips by Karen- Rt. 206 Newton. Tried many in the area. Found Karen's to be great, caring, and inexpensive. I would definitely recommend her.

billr billr
Oct '14

Sabine @ Doggiestyleleash is the only one who can cut my pugs nails!! She is great!

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

What about a large breed dog? I have an almost 5 month old Rottweiler who is about 50lbs and energetic (not aggressive though at all!!). How do these places do with larger breed dogs?

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Oct '14

Cortney handles all of my rottweilers i had and she deals with rottweilers all the time i would not go anywhere else she is awesome :)

MisterC MisterC
Oct '14

Thanking everyone for their input..sorry to cause a ruckus!! Ü

pugofmine pugofmine
Oct '14

Sabine has owned Bernese Mountain Dogs in the past. We take our Bernese to her and does a great job with him.

Rbilly Rbilly
Oct '14

Scrub a Dub Doggie. Lori is so compassionate, and a huge animal lover! Her new location photos on Facebook look great! I've been bringing my dogs to her for years, and they come back gorgeous every time. Highly recommended!

4of4
Oct '14

813-9990 that's Lori's new Scrub a dub doggie. Stopped in to make an appointment for mini poodle Roxanne. (Sometime next week :) shes all booked up. She told me that this is the best move that shes ever made. The place is nice and cheerful and she was grooming a lhasa while we were chatting. She's getting a professional artist to do her walls in pawprints! Her new store is located down by the Hess next to Lucy's. Pull into the parking lot between buildings. Her sign doesnt stand out. Shes getting a new sign made. Patronize her. Shes a real good person and animal lover... just the facts

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Oct '14

I go to pawfection is rockaway, they're amazing, it's out of the area but my girlfriend's family has used them for 15 years, so in stick with them after they lost their yorkie. My dog hates his nails getting trimmed and they always manage to handle it.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Oct '14

Sabine at Doggie Styleash, hands down. We've been going to her with our neurotic labradoodle for years. Even though we've moved out of the Hackettstown area, I still drive to her every 7 weeks for grooming. She's worth it!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.