Hackettstown HS Soccer

The HHS Boys Soccer team is 10-0 and ranks 2nd in power points in their Group.

Nice job boys! Go Tigers!

Glory Days
Oct '14

Wow! Awesome! Great job guys!

Ziggy Ziggy
Oct '14

Re: Hackettstown HS Soccer

The Hackettstown HS Boys Soccer team won the NJSIAA North 2, Group 2 Sectional Final this afternoon, defeating Garfield HS, 2-1.

The Tigers will play next week in the Group 2 Championship, starting on 11/18.

I hope you enjoy the article by Brad Wilson & the pictures I took while on assignment for lehighvalleylive.com -

http://highschoolsports.lehighvalleylive.com/news/article/8436922649710465466/hackettstowns-decisive-plays-fully-worthy-of-the-stage-in-north-2-group-2-boys-soccer-final/

Nick Scalera Photo Nick Scalera Photo
Nov '14

So happy for the boys, and for the rich and proud history of HHS Boys Soccer. My son was on the 1998 and 1999 teams: both really great teams and I have such terrific memories of being in the stands and watching them play and win!

Keep it up Tigers! Here's hoping you go all the way!!

pinkladies pinkladies
Nov '14

Thank you, Mr. Scalera and way to go boys! Maybe WRNJ can cover the game.

dsl1029 dsl1029
Nov '14

congratulations on your championship, it was a fantastic game to watch, good luck in the State semi-finals...

big sports fan big sports fan
Nov '14

My question is why doesn't HHS do something to honor the COACH!? His record, over decades, rivals that of our most outstanding football coach. Chot Morrison. Hackettstown sent "Chot" to the Olympics to thank him for his outstanding achievements. What do you think they will do for Mr Thomas.....probably nothing since school pride no longer serms important... I totally disagree. Excellence at this level should be rewarded Hopefully something is in the planning stages.

sientje smith sientje smith
Nov '14

arguably the best soccer team in school history, coach thomas is a winner, and this team under his leadership is having a most remarkable season

good stuff,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Nov '14

Does anyone know if the state semi-final game is still on this evening at Ridge High School. I know it was to be last night but because of the cold it was rescheduled for this evening. I see the Powder Puff game in rescheduled for this evening and I didn't think that they would be on the same night. Thanks for any help on this. I've already checked the HHS web page and no mention of it as far as I can see.

Magpie Magpie
Nov '14

Never mind. I just found out that the game is on the Powder Puff isn't tonight. They just didn't change the web page.

Magpie Magpie
Nov '14

Isn't it just as cold tonight as it was last night?

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Nov '14

Boys were winning 1-0 at the start of 2nd half. Last update I got! Nice the school sent a fan bus!

irishgirl irishgirl
Nov '14

Tied 1-1 in double overtime.

Going to penalty kicks!

irishgirl irishgirl
Nov '14

They won!!!! Congrats to HHS boy's Soccer!

irishgirl irishgirl
Nov '14

TIGERS WIN!

Win! Yeah Tigers!!!

Tigerfan Tigerfan
Nov '14

Awesome. What a team, what a coach.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '14

Did they win on PKs or was there a "golden goal"?

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Nov '14

Congrats!

One more hill to climb - Good luck!

"Boys Soccer: Hackettstown upends Ramsey on PKs to win Group 2 state semifinal"

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/5436930649939465952/boys-soccer-hackettstown-ramsey-group-2-state-semifinals-game-result/

proper term is 'kicks from the mark', because there was no 'penalty' called or involved,

good job tigers,

this is possibly the best soccer team this school has ever put on the pitch, and the coach has a winning tradition which should be recognized,

good work,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Nov '14

this is possibly the best soccer team this school has ever put on the pitch, and the coach has a winning tradition which should be recognized,

good work,

BrotherDog

2001 team won the State Chip. Hope these guys do the same

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Nov '14

This team has had the better season, but that 2001 team won the big games at the end ... it is like comparing the 1985 Chicago Bears to the 2007 Giants.

The 2001 team had Cory Sargeant (hope I spelled it right) at goal and he got it done when it counted ... they had no singular 'star performer' but they got goals from a long list of players, a 'team' in the truest sense of the word. I remember that Steve Bodei went on to be a very good college player, attributable to practice, practice, and more practice.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '14

does anyone have details regarding location, time of game on Sunday, etc. Will it be played no matter what the weather? Thanks!

5:30pm Sunday at Kean College

congrats
Nov '14

Very well said Andy.

Magpie Magpie
Nov '14

Agree Andy 2001 were a great team.

Christine Christine
Nov '14

Does Kean have more than one campus? When I did a search, I saw an address in Union and one in Pennington. Which one is the game at?

Union

congrats
Nov '14

I heard that the 2001 team will be there today.

Wish we could be there or they show it on TV!

Christine Christine
Nov '14

Hopefully TV12 or MSG Varsity will do something nice with it, but don't expect anything to be broadcast locally ... you mean you actually have to PAY somebody to go cover the game? Don't get me started ....

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '14

Down one zip early. Following on nj.com. Good luck boys we are proud of you!

Proud Proud
Nov '14

Just tied it up! Let's go Tigers!

Proud Proud
Nov '14

Tied 1-1 at the half. Sounds like Kyle Palomino is having a great game.

Proud Proud
Nov '14

2nd half has begun

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Nov '14

Goal Hackettstown! 6 minutes to go and we are leading 2-1. Keep it up Tigers!

Proud Proud
Nov '14

Another one for us! 3-1 less than two minutes to go.

Proud Proud
Nov '14

TIGERS WIN!!!

Congrats guys. great game!

Christine Christine
Nov '14

Congratulations, Hackettstown!!!

Spence Spence
Nov '14

Congratulations boys and Coach Thomas! Well fought game. You all deserve the win.
So proud of all of you!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

Pat A Pat A
Nov '14

Congrats to Coach Thomas and the HHS Tigers team. You've all made your family, your school, and your community proud! Well done, and thanks for continuing the legacy of outstanding soccer teams at HHS. From a proud parent of a player on the 98-99 teams.

pinkladies pinkladies
Nov '14

Sports articles, game re-caps & photos (11/23/2014):

http://highschoolsports.lehighvalleylive.com/news/article/3436906649787465608/hackettstown-boys-soccer-team-wins-group-2-title-in-coach-gary-thomas-last-game/#incart_river

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/3436906649786465610/boys-soccer-late-goals-propel-hackettstown-over-cinnaminson-for-group-2-title/

Go Tigers!!

Nick Scalera Photo Nick Scalera Photo
Nov '14

Congratulations!! Wonderful season and great game Sunday night. Lots of hard work and determination from coaches and players.

vicnity vicnity
Nov '14

What a way for Gary Thomas to go out ... this is true to life Hollywood stuff.

Congrats to all, especially the unsung "grunt guys," who made this happen.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '14

yep good job, well done, thanks tigers, and thanks coach

that 98-99 team was great, the 2001 team was great and this current bunch is great,

HHS has a deep and accomplished winning tradition on the soccer pitch, and i love it,

it's a good thing.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Nov '14

A true soccer guy, who calls the playing field the pitch.

I posted the Frank Sinatra song 'Here's to the Winners' on the songs from the 50s and 60s thread, in honor of the team.

I know the younger folk are not into Sinatra the way I used to be, (we called him "The Voice" at Lakewood High in the old days) but you can say this for him, you can understand every word he sings ... and his songs are agreeable poetry.

Enjoy.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.