Is anyone missing a pig? - Hazen Rd.

There is a HUGE black pig walking around on Hazen road. It just climbed into the woods by the "blind turn"....Although I'm not positive, I've only seen cows at farmer Hazens, so I do not believe it is his.

Bigbadwolf Bigbadwolf
Oct '14

anyone what to have lunch?

sack
Oct '14

Did Porky find his way home?

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Oct '14

Or is this the first wild boar spotting in Warren County?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Re: Is anyone missing a pig? - Hazen Rd.

I only got a picture of its butt....but I saw his face before I could get my phone out. Left side of the picture in the middle....

Bigbadwolf Bigbadwolf
Oct '14

Are you sure you didn't see a bear.
I raise 4 different breeds of pigs. 2 of witch are black. None have round ears like a bear.

Happy in Mansfield Happy in Mansfield
Oct '14

Happy - Where in that pic do you see an ear? All I see is a butt. LOL The OP says that he/she saw it's face before the pic was taken. Pigs and bears don't look much alike in the facial area.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

I see the ear! Look towards the front of the animal theres an ear! And yes its round like a bear! Zoom in on the picture

I did hear Al Gore reported sightings of ManBearPig in the area ;-)

Joe M Joe M
Oct '14

I know someone else who was driving on Hazen about a month ago and saw the same pig!!!

Townie70 Townie70
Oct '14

That does not look like a bear butt to me. Hee.

Seriously, that is the back end of a pig.

Aquarius Aquarius
Oct '14

If the pig has been out there that long animal control should be called. It is not going to make it through winter. Needs to be caught

villani villani
Oct '14

That pig will make it through the winter with no effort at all, however, I really don't think we want a population of feral pigs in warren county.

Bemused Bemused
Oct '14

Pigs very nicely revert back to nature. For all we know this one has already survived a winter or two.

Aquarius Aquarius
Oct '14

Bear meat tastes similar to pork (at least to me, it does)... and male and female bears are referred to as boars and sows. But, I think that's pretty much where the similarities end.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

I saw this yesterday too! Def a very large pig! It looked right at me. If someone else saw it a month ago, it must have made itself a home in the area.

EG_1982 EG_1982
Oct '14

Just out of curiosity, there were no tusks on piggy, correct?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Unless that piggy is 4-5 years old and male, it won't have tusks big enough to see. Most hogs raised for market never get old enough to grow tusks. If the hog in question is a breeding boar, it most likely had its tusks removed when it was much younger.

Bemused Bemused
Oct '14

Escaped swine living ferally grow tusks.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

I bow to your hog expertise. Ain't worth the argument.

Bemused Bemused
Oct '14

LOL there is nothing to argue.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

"Escaped swine living ferally grow tusks."

LOL, that sounds like some crazy mnemonic device.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

It is, ianimal! Now just try to figure out what the initials stand for. ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Haha, it does, doesn't it?

But Rebecka is correct, once pigs go feral they grow tusks as well as become hairy. They are scavengers and have no problem finding enough to eat. They are apparently becoming one of the most destructive invasive species in North America and they range up to Canada.

Aquarius Aquarius
Oct '14

I wonder if the escaped herford cows were ever caught, not that they would stand out like a pig but a couple got loose a couple months ago in town last seen running the tracks, hope they're caught before winter, don't know if they'd survive.......

SillyHackiesCrackMeU SillyHackiesCrackMeU
Oct '14

I love these posts!! wandering pig, horses, goats, lambs, chickens... always cracks me up!

pmnsk pmnsk
Oct '14

Re: Is anyone missing a pig? - Hazen Rd.

they definitely grow tusks in captivity. the chances are that this must be a loose domestic pig. to think that all of a sudden we have feral swine in warren county is kinda funny.
the only fear i would have is pig thats not mine getting around my pigs..
as far as i know im the only one locally with pigs (just a couple) i would love to hear from others who have them though....

happyinmansfield happyinmansfield
Oct '14

Any word on the swine?

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.