Cow crying

I live in Diamond Hill and last night and today early morning I could hear the crying of an Animal. It sounded like a Cow. I actually hear 2. Did anybody hear it or Im going crazy lol. I think the poor thing wasn in labor. It's so hard to listen this animal in pain and notbe able to help it

Bella76 Bella76
Oct '14

Hi, what you are probably hearing is a Fox looking for a mate, yes its a eerie sound, that sounds like a cow crying. We hear it this time of the year in our woods in Port Murray, believe me the first time I heard it for hours we called fish & game as we thought the same thing like an animal in distress! You can check out the sounds on line fox sounds ours sounds like the vixen fox. It will go on for a few days till he finds his lady!

Agree foxes. They like to get their freak on. Helping in this situation would be ill advised.

sack
Oct '14

I can still hear it. Im located almost at the bottom of the hill in Diamond Hill and now is 8:48 and is still crying. Poor thing. But it sound like mooing

Bella76 Bella76
Oct '14

I wonder if it's an animal caught in a trap?

Summer Summer
Oct '14

make a call - nothing to lose and maybe helping an animal in distress

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

It also may be a fawn looking for it's mother, young deer can be very vocal

wally85 wally85
Oct '14

Fawns do make a very said crying noise. I would check it out - maybe a fawn is trapped somewhere and needs help. Maybe its mother was killed by a hunter or possible hit by a car.... I don't know but it sounds like it needs help.

lily pad lily pad
Oct '14

Have you called Animal Control? Non-emergency police?

honey badger honey badger
Oct '14

We had a similar noise this morning too coming from the corn field by us. We live up the road from Diamond Hill.

JD4020 JD4020
Oct '14

Bella76, please make a call. You never know what it could be. I made the huge mistake of waking up in the middle of the night when it was raining and heard a crying sound. It actually kind of sounded like an elderly person whining. Anyway, I ignored it knowing it wasn't human...I was younger and just thought it was some animal outside. Come to find out the next day a smaller dog had drowned in a pool and it was him yelling. I will never again ignore a cry again. I don't care if it is a mistake on my behalf and I'm wrong...better to be safe than sorry. Call police and if it is an animal in distress they will call animal control. Keep us updated.

villani villani
Oct '14

My husband called and they said they will go and check

Bella76 Bella76
Oct '14

I am in Diamond Hill as well (Brookside) I heard the cow as well. I believe it's the cows from the Hazen farm. To me it sounded like a cow. I heard it last night (around 10 when I took the dogs out) and then again this morning. I wondered if it was a cow giving birth.

Hmm, if you hear it still tonight or tomorrow I would call the cops to say to see what they came up with. Just to make sure they had time to check it out. I personally would follow the direction of the sound and look into it myself. Even if I did have to knock on doors. Would be horrible if it was an animal stuck somewhere crying for help. I have to say about the story I gave above with the dog. It in no way sounded like a dog. No barking or yelping...furthest thing from my mind was that it was a dog. It may sound like a cow to you but could be something else..a dog perhaps, baby animal stuck or hurt. Let us know if you find anything out. Thanks

villani villani
Oct '14

I guess cows and foxes sound the same lol

townie1 townie1
Oct '14

If you still hear it tonight or tomorrow, turn up the TV; that's what I do (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Why don't you just go ask farmer Hazen if he is missing a cow instead of call the police? He is a very nice person

JD4020 JD4020
Oct '14

Not sure if this has anything to do with what your hearing but just heard on the scanner that the cops are at the squad building with lose cows.

Agreed Villani...can't someone follow the sound and find out what's going on? With all the outdoors men and women in the area, I'd think someone would be able to check it out. I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'm out of town. Hate the thought of some creature suffering.

Martha Martha
Oct '14

is the squad building the police station? If so, the auction place is right next door and could be very possible that some cow escaped from there....Stiger st I believe.

villani villani
Oct '14

I used to work in the building between the auction house and the police station. It was really common to have escaped livestock on the day before, of and/or after the auction. There are probably Guinea Hens roaming around nearby that escaped from there that were never caught. It used to be a riot watching them chase various animals in the parking lot.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '14

Diamond Hill is no where near the Hackettstown Police Station/ Squad or auction. Cc did you hear a report of Mansfield's squad building or htown?

seenit
Oct '14

Sorry is was Mansfield Police next to the Mansfield Squad building. Not in Hackettstown. They knew who the owners were and let them know that his cows were out.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.