DMP-debt management plans

Has anybody worked with an association that specializes in debt management plans? I have tried to obtain a debt consolidation loan and have been denied. I then read about DMP's and that would help me if I could find a reputable company. I went to the FTC.gov site looking for recommendations of an association that can help but did not find any that they would recommend.

If you have worked with an agency/company with success can you share their info?

Sometimes your bank will give you a personal loan to pay off debt. Just a thought.

Townie70 Townie70
Sep '14

I used Kimberly Credit a bunch of years ago with great success. You can also try www.careone.com if you want to do debt settlement instead of consolidation. They'll set you up with a lawyer who will then contact your creditors and get settlements close to 50% of what you owe.

jrsemom jrsemom
Sep '14

@FJP ... my husband and I are working with Money Management International to repay our credit card debt. We do not have a debt consolidation loan, but went through credit counseling with them over the phone and entered into their debt management program ... they successfully negotiated lower interest rates with our creditors and we are repaying over 4 years and will be credit-card-debt-free. We pay $25 fee monthly for their "service" so overall it's affordable ... we are a year into the program and have already paid close to 30% of our debt off. May be worth looking into www.moneymanagement.org. We have had no issues with them and everything is paid on time. Good luck to you!

DebtFree2017
Sep '14

fjp, There are many ways to pay off debt. I can help. Please refer to my web site for the services I provide.

Best of luck!!!!

Joe C. Joe C.
Sep '14

Is that JoeC.com, JoeC.net or JoeC.gov?

kb2755 kb2755
Sep '14

kb2755, you just need to click on my name and it will bring you to www.dmmsllc.com.

Thanks

Joe C. Joe C.
Sep '14

I was only joking Joe.

kb2755 kb2755
Sep '14

I use care one and it's been a huge blessing. They made my monthly payment very affordable by combining 2 credit cards. Before I made the call, it was very hard making the minimum payment on those 2 cards. They work with your creditors, but it does not show up in your credit report. My friend recommended it to me, and I'm highly recommending it to you. It's 100% satisfaction guaranteed. It is also scored A+ on the better business bureau website.

http://www.careonecredit.com/Home.aspx?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&term=care+one+debt+Broad&utm_content=textad1&utm_campaign=main&gclid=CPn-yZCpisECFUVo7Aodl1sAYw

Sweetums Sweetums
Sep '14

Thanks to everybody for the recommendations. I will research all and hope for the best.

Bump. Looking for debt consolidation recommendations.
Thanks

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jul '17

I also just used Money Management. They create a 4-year payment plan consolidating all your debt into one payment.

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Jul '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.