Home Heating Oil Prices 2014-2015 Season

Just starting a new thread. Post prices here when you see them.

Good thing I never put my GreenWorks order in this morning. The price just came down another two cents. $3.169/gallon. Woohoo! I feel like Ickey Woods in the Geico Commercial.

"WOOOOOO #44 that's me....gonna get some cold cuts today!!!"

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Hackettstown Oil. 3.10 for 150 gls. Higher for less. Lower for more. Happy hunting

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

I should mention that the price above was for 100 gallons, as I don't have room in my tank for more right now and just wanted to top it off at what I hope is a lower price.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Last week got a delivery from Liberty Discount Fuel, has to be 150 gallons or more, paid $3.02.9 a gallon, great news!!!!

Millysmom10 Millysmom10
Sep '14

Liberty discount fuel in netcong is under $3 today and if you order less than 150 there is a $29 delivery charge

Last time I bought oil THANK GOD was in 2009 at 2.65 per gallon. Cant even imagine the annually cost with oil now. It was over 3500.00 a year then!! =4500.00 now.
Natural gas annually $1500.00 = $3000.00 a year savings !!!!

The 10,000 dollar cost for conversion and underground oil tank removal was paid off in 3.5 years..

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Sep '14

Mr N - Wow, that's a lot. My tank is in my basement, so no worries there. It usually costs me around $2,000/year for oil. Last winter I spent around $1,900 even with how cold it was. We use it very conservatively, we have the thermostat on a timer and keep it on the low end. We just put on sweatshirts and flannel pjs etc. We also had new siding and insulation installed a few years ago, which helped a ton as well.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Just got my delivery from Htown Oil. They are the nicest guys.
Thanks Htown Oil!!

Sep '14

Who does everyone use for service? Emergencies, etc...

Gardenfish Gardenfish
Sep '14

My husband. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

H-town oil down to 3.08. Waiting for price to drop to 3.00 then I'll jump. On fumes now. Going out to stack some more wood.

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

Bruin!!! Where have you been? Long time no see/hear.

So GreenWorks delivered my oil yesterday and they could only squeeze in 94 of the 100 gallons I ordered. Sooooo close.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Lol my DH too!

I was on fumes too. Couldnt wait any longer. $3.00? Thats being optimistic. Hope it does drop that low for you.

Sep '14

I just paid 3.06 for 450 gallons two days ago. I figured it's not going to be going any lower!

Brendan Brendan
Sep '14

I'll give it a few more weeks. Dropping another 8 cents does not seem far fetched. Calico!!! You noticed I was missing, how sweet :) My computer broke down and I just stopped visiting this site then. Finally Appled up, and I'm back baby! Had to see what y'all were saying about oil prices. Oh, got a new Vette in the Spring and have been cruising around all the time, hardly go online anymore! (except for Corvette stuff).

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

Cool. There was a thread awhile back regarding missing posters. I asked about you there.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/595500#t598133

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Just read that. Thanks! Taking trips sort of replaced beer making this year. Gotta get back on track.

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

H-town oil down to 3.04 today! Almost down to my buying price! Drop baby, drop!

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

If I had waited I would have saved 9.00. Oh well. Save 9.00 or have a hot shower? I was beyond low. Needed it then. ;)

Sep '14

The good thing about my electric hot water heater. Never run out of hot water! (My generator provides enough juice to heat it up overnight if I don't run anything else if the power goes).

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

Paid $2.98 for delivery today from Liberty Discount Fuel.

Janet Janet
Sep '14

Hey Bruin-I was just behind the Hackettstown Oil truck and his price today is 3.18. Thats 3.08 if you order online. Its going up!. You better order soon.

Sep '14

Just clicked on their site. Still 3.04 if you order online, 3.14 by phone.

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

Thats not what their truck says. On the back, today's price 3.18. Today approx 10am

Sep '14

I remember one year Calico saying "it's hard to get excited about oil over $3/g." Well Calico, time to get excited!

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

Unfortunately I supposed so. Sigh.....

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

2.99 today H-town!

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

Bruin-ORDER, NOW! Hope you call to check price. ;)

Oct '14

Yup, going to their site now to order.

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

2.97 gallon for 200g or more. Done. Good for next 2 years.

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

Good for you Bruin!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

I have a feeling it's gonna drop some more.

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

Can anyone suggest someone for discounted propane?

bill morgan bill morgan
Oct '14

bill - Here is a thread on propane prices.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/564938

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Oil futures are down another $2 this morning, this is a huge slide, we should see prices tick down further.

Bruin-good going! Hope it doesnt drop any further, for your sake. Don't want you to go into a deep depression. Lol. ;-)

Oct '14

It's $12.50 less for every nickel it drops for a fill-up, adds up! But you're right bothered, I shouldn't even check this thread again till I need a refill.

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

Lol I hear ya Bruin. It does add up. We'll talk again in 2 years.

Oct '14

Glad I burn wood too. That price is the same, season after season!

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

We do too. Helps a lot.

Oct '14

Hackettstown Oil's online price today is down to $2.96

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '14

Geeze, if this keeps up maybe I'll burn the oil and save the wood!

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

I got an email from Day & Nite with this offer.

Day & Nite Heating Oil, Inc.
SAVE up to $0.14/gal for Heating Oil!
Visit & Like our Facebook page to see our
October Special Discount Code

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Got that too. Good deal, but their customer service stinks. IMO!

Oct '14

H-town down to 2.90. I knew I shouldn't have looked! Why do I do that after I buy something???? Still falling anyway. Good for you folks holding out. Nice to see gasoline under 3 bucks a gallon now too. Time to stock up on gas for generator. And yes, I do stabilize it.

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

Speaking of gasoline going down in price, do they still oxygenate the fuel during the winter?

I always get worse gas mileage during the colder months

And prices continue to tumble! H-town down to 2.84 online.

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

ouch :-( well at least it was the last year i will be buying oil

Darrin Darrin
Oct '14

Just put Oil in yesterday from Liberty Discount fuel at 2.92
They are the best with no contract.

Tania Tania
Oct '14

Can you buy less than 150 gallons?

RU - You can, but they usually charge you a higher price per gallon. I was able to get 100 gallons from GreenWorks a few weeks ago at the same price as higher amount orders. You can see my posts about it at the beginning of this thread. Obviously, now I wish I had waited as it's cheaper. :-(

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

But you have to keep checking this thread, don't you Calico....the same way I do...bwahahahahah!!!

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

Yup, it's like a train wreck. Can't look away. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Have we reached the bottom out point?- Hackettstown Oil price UP .01 cents today.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Oct '14

Just ordered today from hackettstown oil for 2.73.

Joe M Joe M
Nov '14

Crude went down again over the weekend after OPEC decided not to cut production. Prediction is prices will still fall and oil and gas stocks will lose value since Wall Street is only happy when consumers are gouged by high prices.

Liberty Oil was 2.69.9 and Clickable Oil was 2.75 on Friday. If you mention an add in the Treasure Hunt for a discounted price they give 2 cents off a gallon.

shady shady
Nov '14

Hi All Please let me know cheapest propane I've been searching and not really sure on price So many thanks for help !

Joanne Joanne
Nov '14

Joanne - You can try this thread. It's from last heating season, but there are posts from this Sept. You can also start a new 2014-15 thread if you like.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/564938

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Hackettstown Oil is the best. These are the nicest people I have ever delt with in the oil business and not to mention the lowest price around. very pleased.

Ratman Ratman
Dec '14

Liberty 2.55/gal
Hackettstown 2.59/gal
AA&D 2.45/gal

djdowd djdowd
Dec '14

Hackettstown 2.56/gal

djdowd djdowd
Dec '14

Just got a fill from Region, $2.99, think its time find a new oil company

Sally Jo
Dec '14

Does hackettstown oil provide service?

oilheat oilheat
Dec '14

read their websites for products, prices and other services

www dot hackettstownoil dot net

www dot libertydiscountfuel dot com

djdowd djdowd
Dec '14

Liberty $2.459/gal.....

Hackettstown Oil:

2.53/gal + add'l $20 off IF its your 1st time ordering ONLINE - use promo code NEW1

i.e.

$1,245 for 500 gallons IF 1st time ordering online.

djdowd djdowd
Dec '14

Does Hackettstown Oil still match competitors prices and guarantee the lowest price? If so how do you contact them as I believe it is all on line now.
Thanks...

Townie Townie
Dec '14

I don't know if Hackettstown Oil does "price match".

Intuitively, I expect they do, however, I expect they want to avoid that "discussion".
The obvious way to do that is to have you order online.

djdowd djdowd
Dec '14

I finally had to place my first order of the season. Would have liked to hold out a couple of weeks, but big savings over a year ago!

Ordered today for delivery tomorrow from Liberty.
2x330g to be filled @ $2.429/g

djdowd djdowd
Dec '14

Hackettstown Oil matched Liberty Oil's price of $2.42 per gallon. I just called and asked and they said yes...
I like Hackettstown Oil.....

Townie Townie
Dec '14

Wow! I'll have to keep that in mind. Do you get a better rate if you order online instead of calling?

Cyndy Cyndy
Dec '14

Given Hackettstown Oil's online price is 2.53/g and the caller requested they match Liberty for 2.42 (which was less than my 2.429), the answer is: YES

djdowd djdowd
Dec '14

adheatingoil dot com shows 2.339/gallon

use them as a price match for Hackettstown Oil

djdowd djdowd
Dec '14

Cyndy: I would suggest checking the rate of others first then go to the Hackettstown Oil website and check their online price. If it is equal to or lower than the others then go for it. If their rate is higher than call them to ask for a price match and if they do match they will take your order over the phone.

Townie Townie
Dec '14

Just ordered 400 gallons from Hackettstown Oil. They matched Ad Heating at 2.339 per. They're the best!

For what its worth, Hackettstown Oil advertises "guaranteed lowest price". Not sure what that means but it suggests they'll price match.

djdowd djdowd
Dec '14

Just had Hackettstown Oil price match A&D at $2.21 for 150 gallons. Awesome deal .

Scribbler Scribbler
Dec '14

Oil Falls to 5 1/2-Year Low - according to Bloomberg, thanks to weak demand combined and supplier refusal to give up market share.

Expect lower home heating oil prices.

A&D at 2.21; Hackettstown at 2.44

djdowd djdowd
Jan '15

Relatedly, per gasbuddy dot com

Gasoline prices down to 1.85/gal in Edison

djdowd djdowd
Jan '15

Hackettstown Oil matched A & D oil price today at $2.29 for 150 gals.

ideal100 ideal100
Jan '15

Given 5 days ago A & D was $2.21, today's $2.29 seems high.
Perhaps it was due to ordering just 150 gals.

Today, WTI crude dipped below $50/barrel.
Producers are not cutting back, rather they are increasing production to protect market share.

Looking at previous posts, there's a $0.20/gal price savings at A & D (vs Hackettstown Oil's web price).

What have we learned?
- The web price is NOT the best price, so make those phone calls.
- Higher quantity will get you a better price.

djdowd djdowd
Jan '15

Just called A&D. Was told they don't deliver to Port Murray.

Called Liberty. They close at 430pm. Surprised at that.

Jan '15

Hackettstown Oil had a big push to get customers with signs everywhere showing their price.. now not so much. So always best to check around.

hktownie hktownie
Jan '15

bothered - What price did you get? I'm almost ready for a fill.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

Ok, just ordered from Htown. They matched Liberty discount price of $2.22 gal.for 150 gals. Only drawback is they cant deliver until Saturday. Oh well, good price, easy to work with and nice people, so all is good. : )

Jan '15

Thanks. I'm going to check my tank level tonight and see where I'm at. I want to get down a little bit so I can order 200-225 gallons.

Did they say why no delivery until Sat.? Usually it's within two business days.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

Just very busy. Liberty said no delivery until Monday.

Jan '15

I just placed an order with Greenworks through www.orderoil.com the price was $2.199/gallon.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

Prices are great! I like to help local businesses (even though I dont live in Htown). Lol. Htown oil would have matched that price.
PLUS, when I get great service, with a smile, that's who I like to give my $ to. Had issues with Greenworks in the past. Bet we all wish it was 80 and not 8.

Jan '15

Never had a problem with Greenworks and I'm not there when they deliver, so I don't know or care whether they smile or not. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

Oh, you are cold Calico. Lol

Htown oil just delivered. With a great BIG smile. Thanks guys!

Jan '15

Today's News:
===========
Oil prices have slumped to below $50/barrel.
Wall Street analyst's 3-month forecasts are for the price to DROP to just over $40/barrel.

That will get us through this winter!

djdowd djdowd
Jan '15

Oil closed down @ ~ $46/barrel today.

Reuters reports there are no indications anyone knows what the bottom is...

djdowd djdowd
Jan '15

Ordered yesterday from www.orderoil.com and paid $2.15 from Day and Night. Delivering tomorrow.

Martin Martin
Jan '15

US OIL OVERSUPPLY INCREASES YET AGAIN

Per Reuters:

The Energy Information Administration dropped a bombshell on the markets when it announced a 10.1 million barrel build in U.S. crude inventory, the largest weekly increase in at least 14 years. They state U.S. crude stocks are now at their highest level for the season in at least 80 years.

The U.S. supply glut has been a major contributing factor to the 60 percent decline in oil prices over the past several months.

djdowd djdowd
Jan '15

Just ordered from Hackettstown Oil, but quoted the Price from Day and Nite so got the 2.19 price. Thanks for the link Martin.

hktownie hktownie
Jan '15

Which Hackettstown Oil did you call?

I just called and got 2.28.
I will be going with Day and Night or Greenworks at 2.15 or 2.19.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Jan '15

SF-htown oil will match those prices 908-850-6655

Jan '15

Spring Fever, if you call Hackettstown Oil with a lower quote from a competitor, they will match that lower price, apparently. That's what hktownie did.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '15

Tell them other company has it for less and they will give you that price. I do it everytime I order from Htown.

Jan '15

Liberty Oil was 2.21 the other day and thats what we got through hackettstown oil.

Ianimal and botheredbybyuu2, I did call and actually gave them two different quotes from two different companies and gave the prices ( see above). They said either. 2.28 or 2.29, I forget the exact price, was the best they could do.

I needed over 150 gallons, but probably no more than 210 gals. I told them I had at least a week's worth left, and I said they could deliver any time, any day. I was surprised at their price too, and their unwillingness to match the price as they have stated in their on line site. However the person on the phone was very polite but said they " just couldn't meet either of those prices."

So I went with GreenWorks in Easton who would deliver at $2.1990 on Wednesday. They were also very nice and we were able to settle on the price above. I will see how the delivery service is on Wednesday. Hoping for the best. Will get back to HF and let you know how things went...

Jan '15

Wow, Im shocked at that. I have never had an issue. They always matched.
Well, glad you are getting it at a good price, from someone else.

Jan '15

Ordered from Liberty Discount Fuel this morning at 2.19/150 gals....can't deliver til Saturday. Said they were very busy combined with no deliveries tomorrow due to the weather.

ideal100 ideal100
Jan '15

Hackettstown Oil did ask me today if I was an existing customer, which I am. Maybe the only price match for existing ? Not sure.

Just in general though really enjoying the prices this year and counting my blessings when filling up, home heating and gas station both! :-)

hktownie hktownie
Jan '15

Htownie, that's a good point, but they didn't even ask if I was an existing custormer.
( I use to be years ago.) I felt kind of slighted because I had read all the other posts about their price matching. However, I feel as you do, very blessed for all of the money I have saved on the low gas and oil prices this season. I always do my research before ordering
fuel oil from anyone, and generally go with the best price. I really appreciate this forum for all the feedback on the topic!

Jan '15

got oil from ACI energy, on rt 46 in Delaware (columbia) on friday. $2.159

My first time ordering from Htown I got the price match. Don't understand why they told you they wouldn't match it today. Hmmm.... SH!

Jan '15

Htown would not price match Liberty for me today, they said "well they can't deliver til Friday or Saturday, we can deliver on Wednesday". Pretty shitty attitude if you ask me. This is my second time dealing with them and will be my last.

townie65 townie65
Jan '15

This is a follow up to my last post and also a correction.

It was Day and Night Heating Oil who I spoke with yesterday and took my order.
I couldn't edit my post by the time I realized I typed the wrong name.

Anyway, with the surprise turn of events with this storm they came out today, a day early, to deliver my oil. They couldn't have been nicer and I will most likely be calling them again...

Jan '15

There is plenty of oil companies who guarantee price match on their websites, if they refuse put a complaint in with better business beuro for false advertising.....

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

I'm finding not only do you have to price match but you also have to ask for delivery date. I ordered this past Monday morning and I am still waiting for a scheduled delivery today. This is the longest I've ever had to wait and I'm wondering if they will show up since it is getting late. I ordered from Liberty Discount Fuel/Netcong office. Has anyone ever had a late evening delivery from them?

ideal100 ideal100
Jan '15

We got a delivery a few weeks ago from Liberty Discount fuel about 8:30. So hang in there they will be there.

Daddof1
Jan '15

Companies deliver into the evening. Did you try calling them?

Jan '15

I did call this am...so we will wait it out...thanks

ideal100 ideal100
Jan '15

Try calljng again. Leave a message if no one answers. They check their messages from time to time. Good luck.

Jan '15

Ideal100 ~ I am also still waiting for my delivery that was to be here today. My tank is so low, its going to start sucking sludge soon. I lowered the heat to 62 . I ordered last Saturday, but got pushed back in delievery because of the storm that did not happen. I called this morning and was told I am on the delivery schedule for today. but it is now 8 PM WTH??????

Hockeymom115 Hockeymom115
Jan '15

We are still waiting also...with very little remaining in our tank. I have kept the heat low all week, which wasn't a problem until now. Keep me posted...would like to know if they show up for you. I feel they had plenty of time with 6 days to make a delivery. We live in Independence.

ideal100 ideal100
Jan '15

No delivery for us here in Hackettstown today or tonight. I placed the order online last Saturday morning. Now I fear that there will be no delivery before Tuesday because of the snow predicted for tomorrow night and Monday. I will certainly end up with problems. Let me know if you get yours too please

Jan '15

No delivery for us either. I called the Netcong office just now and left a message. I'm hoping to get some type of reply and hopefully a delivery tomorrow. They need to correct this situation. Not good to give customers a confirmation of a delivery and never show up. I'll keep you posted. You might want to also leave a message...never can hurt.

ideal100 ideal100
Jan '15

If emergency delivery is not available, I suggest going to your favorite fuel station and purchase diesel. Without knowing the size or efficiency of your heating system, I would guess 5 gallons of fuel per 24 hours. If you are unable and need help, I will help you.
Ron the plumber from RepairChamp.com 908 898-6882

Happy Guy Happy Guy
Feb '15

Happy Guy...thanks, that is what we are planning on doing today if our calls go unanswered...not fun hauling 10-15 gallons of fuel around. Never thought Liberty Oil would do this to their customers!!!

ideal100 ideal100
Feb '15

Hockeymom...called both the Netcong office and the 800 number this am and marked my message urgent. We stressed how they need to make a delivery today!!! I will keep you posted.

ideal100 ideal100
Feb '15

Ideal ~ I called the Netcong office agin this morning as well and marked it as urgent. Which 800 number did you use?

Feb '15

Should have ordered from Hackettstown Oil. Never had a problem.

Feb '15

I am another person screwed over and blown off by Liberty Discount Fuel yesterday. I can't believe they would do this. I have left messages at both the Netcong office and main number as well. Nobody cares nor checks the messages apparently. Deplorable.

Hockeymom - we used 800-645-4747 but I'm not counting on getting a response.
botheredbyuu2 - your absoutely right..that is my go to place in the future. In fact, we used them on our last two deliveries, never had a problem. I used Liberty because Hack. was not picking up their phone line to match price at the time (probably on other calls) so i decided to use Liberty. My thought was to get an order in so we would have a confirmed delivery without having to worry about running out!!! lol This is the first for us for a no show...in 20+ years.

ideal100 ideal100
Feb '15

If the three of you with this problem could agree to call one of the emergency phone numbers of one of the above oil companies and explain your predicament, maybe they will take pity on your dire circumstances and make a dellivery to each of you today...

Feb '15

Enrite Gas Station on 57 in Washington actually has a pump running actual heating oil if anyone doesn't want to use diesel. Price this morning was $2.39

Scribbler Scribbler
Feb '15

Just saw a Liberty Oil truck go down Rt 57 heading towards Htown. So they are out delivering.

Feb '15

I ordered online from Hackettstown Oil yesterday at 10am. They delivered at 10 this morning. I was surprised because they weren't scheduled to deliver until Tuesday

zeeklu zeeklu
Feb '15

Spring Fever - do you mean call another company? I have no doubt the original company took their money up front so who has extra cash to pay for an emergency delivery? Most companies do make emergency calls but charge a hefty premium for doing so.

Scribbler Scribbler
Feb '15

Yes, I did think of that, but with three familes going in together, thought another company might give them all some time to straighten things out with their credit card companies.
But maybe Liberty is on it's way to their homes now, judging from BBY's post. Let's hope so...

Feb '15

Keep the faith!! They are coming!! :)

Please let us know when they do.

Feb '15

Thanks for the sighting BBY ! I am hopeful that they will get here today. I do not have enough money to do anything else but wait and pray. I will never do this again. It is the first no show for me as well in over 15 years. I have used Liberty before and did not have a problem at all. The last time Hack Oil would not match their price.

Feb '15

We are going to hold out til mid afternoon hoping for a delivery. If not, we will go out and get some fuel to hold us over. My "urgent" calls still have not been returned. Anyone still waiting, please keep us posted, hopefully with good news.

ideal100 ideal100
Feb '15

But Htown will deliver on time. Guess they stopped matching prices. They did in early January.

Feb '15

Still holding onto hope that they will be here today, nothing so far. No calls, no delivery.

Feb '15

Praying that you all get the oil you need, one way or another...

Saving one comment until after you get your oil!

Feb '15

Thanks Spring Fever...it will be interesting to see how this all works out. DH is now making multiple trips to the gas station to get us some fuel to keep us going a day or two.

ideal100 ideal100
Feb '15

Thanks Spring...at least today is not freezing cold. The house is staying warm thanks to the cooking I am doing and my electric fireplace, which throws out some decent heat in the living room. So we will have that at least !

Feb '15

I also made a few trips to the gas station for some diesel to get by. I hope someone is in the office to scold and drivers are out delivering tomorrow. I have my doubts with the storm though... What a great time to blow your customers off...

Liberty is really making a statement here. I will probably run out of oil again and have to go back to the gas station before anyone gets here or even bothers to return a phone call. It's maddening.

Nothing yet hockeymom?

Feb '15

Kozimore's gas station also has heating oil,,,,,not sure of the price .....

Hoping everyone has some good news soon. Interestingly I checked their website and while the price is good they say they don't deliver to Port Murray when I put in our zip code.

Scribbler Scribbler
Feb '15

Hmmm....thats where I saw them earlier. Delivering.

Feb '15

Still no good news to share. We used Kozimor's since it is very close to our house. We will manage through til tomorrow and then see what happens. I'm sure Liberty will have more than a few phone calls coming their way tomorrow!

ideal100 ideal100
Feb '15

Bothered - how strange. I put in 07865 and the site said they didn't service the area and to enter my email if I wanted to know if they ever started service here. Maybe they would only take a phone order.....if anyone ever answered the phone.

Scribbler Scribbler
Feb '15

It is very strange scribbler. My theory is never rely on the websites. Always call!

Feb '15

Nothing yet, and at this point I doubt I will see them at all today. I will b on the phone tomorrow, but their recording says that they may be closed due to the weather.

BBY...strange thing is ~ I did call before placing the order the first time and it was supposed to be a Tuesday delivery, but we had the blizzard that wasn't, so I got pushed back until yesterday. I did call yesterday morning to confirm and was told I was on the schedule.

Feb '15

Hockeymom-they have a lot to explain. I feel for you. Good luck. They may still show up.

Feb '15

Hockeymom115 - that's inexcusable. Are you doing OK for heat for tonight?

Scribbler Scribbler
Feb '15

Just placed an order for oil with Hackettstown Oil, and received an e-mail saying my delivery would be on Tuesday. Hope the snow isn't too much for the snow thrower to handle. I still have over 1/4 tank, but don't like it to get too much lower, b/c it's too big a bill to handle if I need more than that. Compared to what I used to pay Suburban, anything less than $2.35 a gallon will be a blessing.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Feb '15

Sounds like Liberty has really gone down the tubes - never knew when they would show up or the constantly changing phone numbers to call for my area . Got 200 gallons from Hack Oil on 1/23 and they price matched (2.21 then) Liberty after a phone call . Maybe only existing customers get price matches , but new customers ordering online using promo code NEW1 get 20 dollars off in a onetime deal . They are pretty accurate with the day of delivery , but it could be 7:45am or around 5pm on the day they give you in their corresponding email .

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

Scribbler, Thanks for asking. We are doing okay here. I have 2 Duraflame electric firplace heaters that work amazingly well. I just have the heat down to 62 and the fireplace blazing. They will be getting an earful from me. How much was Hackettstown Oil.....I may just cancel my order with Liberty tomorrow morning depending on weather !

Feb '15

Thank goodness. I've run out of oil once or twice and it's not a great experience. Electric water heater? If I run out now it means no hot water either and I hope that's not the case for you. So sorry for everyone going through this . I've always used Hackettstown Oil without problem and they've always been reliable even if more expensive. Went to Day and Night last month but I'm wondering about going back to Hackettstown Oil since they seem to have a good track record with most people.

Scribbler Scribbler
Feb '15

Well, I called LIberty at 8:45 and big surprise there was no one there to answer the phone. I am going to presume that there will be no oil delivery today. I am heading out to start shoveling this nasty mess and make a pathway to the oil fill. I need to see how low the oil level is now. Then I will make some calls to see if Htown Oil will be able to deliver to me tomorrow. So dissapointed. : (

Feb '15

A word of advice h-mom. If you do get someone else and they fill it. Make sure you put a sign on your fuel tank refusing delivery for Liberty, and take a picture of your tank with the note dated. I went through the same thing years ago. I was advised to do that. I'm glad I did, the company I fired come to fill my tank. Because of the note they were not able to "say" they filled it and charge me. I was at home at the time they came, they saw the note and me ( at my kitchen window) and couldn't leave quick enough. Not a word was exchanged.

auntiel auntiel
Feb '15

AUNTIEL-GREAT advice!

Zombo-we are all first time customers at one point, lol, and they matched the price the first time I ordered.

Feb '15

Just ordered oil from M & M out of Kenvil NJ that matched Liberty Oil price of 2.19 with a delivery for tomorrow. I also called Hack.Oil and they also would match price with a delivery for Wednesday. I have to now get my money back from Libery Oil so I'm hoping nothing is wrong at their end. I phoned with the cancellation and also sent an email. I also will do a follow up call tomorrow and hopefully put an end to this. Hoping to feel a little warmer this time tomorrow!!!! Oh..and thank you auntiel, I will definitely leave a note by the fill...great advise.

ideal100 ideal100
Feb '15

ideal100-still no one answering at Liberty??

Feb '15

No one answering at either the Netcong office or the main 800 number. I find this strange because the other oil company offices are up and running...and taking orders!

ideal100 ideal100
Feb '15

They are not answering the phones at Liberty. Guess they took today off. On their 800 number they say that they might be closed on 2/2 because of the weather. Since I am only ordering 100 gallons no one will match their price. Hack oil quoted me 260 with delivery on Wednesday. I dont have it until a check clears my account, which will hopefully be tomorrow. i noticed that Liberty's payment which had been pending for a full week on my account is no longer there and did not post. Strange for sure !

hockeymom115 hockeymom115
Feb '15

Just got off the phone with M & M from Kenvil. Although they cannot match the price for the 100 delivery, they will be here tomorrow and will deliver the 100 gallons with NO surcharge, unlike LIberty that charges one!!! In the long run I am paying less.

Thanks Ideal for your post about M & M.... now as long as they show up as promised I will be one happy lady !

Feb '15

Glad to hear that hockeymom115

Feb '15

thanks for everyone for your thoughts, ideas, and general concern. It has been a very rough week for us here. This oil issue does not help, especially during an off pay week when things are so tight. God Bless !

Feb '15

Glad you're finally getting your oil Hockeymom. I was about to order from Liberty when I read your post so we ordered online from Day and Night on Sat and received the delivery today!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Feb '15

I feel your pain hockeymom. Just keep telling myself at least prices are better than this time last year. I'll be interested to hear the story at Liberty when anything comes to light.

Scribbler Scribbler
Feb '15

Yes, me too. Want to hear their story. Definitely killed their reputation. Business will be nill.

Feb '15

So far it reminds me of the last days of Able Energy, but I hope that's not the case.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '15

Phil D , yes I was thinking of Norton Oil who just abruptly shut down without warning. Didn't want to jinx it by saying anything earlier but you have to wonder if they were doing what Norton workers did and were delivering what they had left when their truck was spotted at the weekend. Regardless, as 'bothered' said - it's hurt their reputation and there's no excuse for the lack of communication if they are still in business

Scribbler Scribbler
Feb '15

Just checked Liberty Oil on line and their price has increased by $.02 to $2.21 so I guess they are still in the oil delivery business!!! I wish them well but I need to get my refund and move on. Waiting for my new scheduled delivery from M & M...and feeling pretty good about it!

ideal100 ideal100
Feb '15

Phil D. When Able couldn't get oil I was using Liberty and received a call from Liberty saying I should buy my oil from someone else and go back to them for my subsequent deliveries. WERE THEY KIDDING. The only company who would deliver back then was Suburban. I was paying $1 more a gallon, but at least they were reliable. Then about a year ago or so I called Hackettstown Oil, and have been very satisfied with their service.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Feb '15

I got someone of the phone at Liberty this morning and cancelled( verbally ) my order with her. She had no explanation as to why it never came. She said that the driver may not have finished his Friday deliveries so added them to his Saturday schedule which could have pushed mine back yet again....lousy practice..she also seemed not to care at all with no apology given. I hope that in the future when others are looking for information they see the problems that we had listed here and stear clear of Liberty Discount Fuel ! Waiting now for my delivery from M & M too !

Feb '15

Rec'd a call from the Liberty Netcong office with an apology and a refund. Was told the driver probably didn't finish Friday deliveries so did so on Saturday. I questioned why didn't the driver call...couldn't answer and again apologized. M & M just delivered my oil and I'm feeling awesome!!!!

ideal100 ideal100
Feb '15

I am so relieved you both apparently got your refunds and were able to make other arrangements. Liberty needs to set up standard procedures for emergencies so all the drivers know what is expected of them, and their needs to be someone assigned to cover those emergency phone calls. I will not be doing business with them in the future, nor will I be recommending them to anyone.

Feb '15

WHOO HOO so glad you got oil. Bye bye Liberty. They hurt their rep on HL.

Feb '15

Just got my oil from M & M as well! Now to let the tank settle for a bit then up comes the heat !! No apology from Liberty for me.

Feb '15

Glad everyone seems to have oil. None of this addresses why phone calls went unanswered however.

Scribbler Scribbler
Feb '15

ideal and i seemed to get the same answer when asked. totally unacceptable in my eyes...

Feb '15

I called liberty last week. They took all my info... I understand they are backed up, but now they looked up my account and had typed in the wrong address number and charged my account... Never Again

chubby chubby
Feb '15

I've been lucky and have never had trouble with an oil delivery. I have used Cooper, Norton, Day and Night, Greenworks and Hackettstown Oil over the years and they have always shown up when they were supposed to regardless of the weather. I have never used Liberty (no particular reason why). After reading this here, I probably never will.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

I called Liberty this AM- got through to their office- though it was strange that it took me a few calls to do so. I got the usual person I speak with on the other end of the line- she took my order and delivery is on Thursday, no problem.

I have used them since 2000- never an issue with them showing up or being responsive- I have to wonder if their newer web site ordering (which they never had before recently) has caused them to reduce staff- leading to these types of issues?

Feb '15

I have always called and spoken with a "live" person before ordering oil online with different companies including Liberty. I have done this to check pricing and how far out they would be booking for delieveries. I dont know what happened this time, but was enough for me to not use them again. First time I had no problems.

Feb '15

Calico696,
I wouldn't go by what only three people on this thread have said about Liberty. I have used them for a number of years and never had a problem. My most recent delivery did take 6 days but we have had some pretty bad weather and I didn't ask for a reason and none was given. It just wasn't a big deal. I'm sure they'll get caught up as the weather breaks.

Garamond
Feb '15

Garamond - One of my biggest pet peeves, in relation to businesses, is neglect in returning calls. So the fact that the posters above were "ignored" for days is enough for me to not have interest in using Liberty.

I have never waited more than two days for an oil delivery ever. It normally comes the next day even when I'm told two business days. Therefore, 6 days is ridiculous IMO.

If it works for you, stick with it. I will stick with the companies I have used in the past.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Wow. I've been using liberty for 2 years and have never had an issue. I even called today for a delivery and they said Thursday am delivery.

Dima, did you get your delivery?

I received my delivery as scheduled with Liberty on Thursday- as usual, no issues.

Like any consumer product- over 90% (my guess) of people that are satisfied with a service are never going to go online and post a good review.

That being said, I am glad that people will post negative things about a company or service- it gives me an idea of how that company may operate when things don't go perfectly all the time- and sometimes, sometimes, that will help me make a decision to move on or not do business with them in the first place.

My experience with Liberty Oil for over 12 years has been nothing but positive- but for those who have had bad experiences with them, there is a lot of competition out there- and nothing wrong with using another provider of the product- I certainly have been burned by other business that I felt did a poor job of customer service in the past and have changed because of that.

This is just another viewpoint- Liberty Oil has been fine for me as a consumer, with their service and price for over 12 years.

Feb '15

+1000 Calico

Feb '15

Yes I got my delivery first thing Thursday morning. FYI the delivery guy had told me he had just come from a house that was on the backlog schedule. He wasn't told that the customer had canceled with the company until he knocked on the door. He had said they were extremely behind and that if anyone scheduled a delivery there was a 1 week del date. I think between the cold/storms and the. The price of oil starting to rise everyone jumped the delivery boat and with being such a smaller company they couldn't handle it.

No excuse for not calling those "delayed" customers...None!

Feb '15

Your 100% right

Dima, I ordered from Liberty the Friday before you placed your order. Got an order confirmation, no date. Tuesday morning, apparently before you ordered, I emailed them for a delivery date. At 8:30, they gave me Thursday. I'll leave out all of the in between, but my delivery was Friday afternoon, a day after you. So over a week to get delivery. They either lied when I told them they were pushing me back to deliver to higher paying customers, or you are an old lady in a wheelchair. That's the only ones they pushed me back for, so Miss Sassy, office manager claimed. Liberty Discount Oil. Never Again. No tolerance for businesses that lie. Just tell the truth and let the customer make the decision.

It's a shame that small businesses have such poor customer service. I always thought they were great but I guess I'll be shopping when it's time for the next delivery. Prior to using them I used cod oil which was ok but the response time was what you had got from liberty.

Does anyone have any recent prices?
We need to fill up and would like the best prices around
Thank you!

tigermom
Feb '15

Ordered from Hackettstown Oil on Tuesday. Their website price was (and still is) $2.84, but they matched Liberty's price of $2.70. Liberty was the lowest I could find, but I didn't want to order from them given the recent delivery problems posted here.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Oh man, I have Htown Oil coming tomorrow, at $2.84.
Thanks Calico.

Liberty is $2.76 today

Just called Htown Oil. Being I ordered it online Tuesday, to match Libertys price,they would have to cancel my order for delivery tomorrow and make a new order and they wouldn't be able to deliver until Monday. Hmmm....not too happy about that. Oh well.

When are they delivering Calico?

Feb '15

I get auto delivery. Jan 10, I paid $2.45 a gallon. Feb.12, I paid $2.50 gallon. They come every month, this is the first time in a very long time I checked to see what I was paying. I was surprised.

auntiel auntiel
Feb '15

From what I've heard what is causing the delay at Liberty is that they took on many of Norton's customers after Norton closed and are struggling to keep up with the number of trucks they have . Paid Hack Oil 2.51 last Tues 2/17/15 for delivery on Friday up from 2.21 on 1/23/15 . Looks like it has gone up over 20 cents in a single week since Liberty's online price is now 2.76 .

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

bothered - They are delivering tomorrow (Friday).

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Has anyone noticed what Region oil was going for this week, we know its always higher

Sally Jo
Feb '15

Me too Calico, but they wouldn't give me the Liberty price. Only if I changed my delivery date to Monday. Hmmm...... nicest guys, but is the office fair?? Will definitely rethink my choice of companies the next time I need oil. : (

Feb '15

Could the lower price be connectd to a different grade of fuel oil and they only deliver that grade on Monday?

Feb '15

That's standard delivery time , need it immediately and you get no price matching discount . Frankly I'd wait until Monday and make sure you register online to use the promo code NEW1 to get the additional 20 dollars off for a first time customer .

https://www.hackettstownoil.net/

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

I ordered it Tuesday online and it said delivery day would be Friday. No problem.
When I called today and asked if I could get the price match, they said yes, but I would have to cancel my order, re-order and wait for Monday delivery. So neither of those reasons above (zombo and SFever) is the reason. Thanks anyway. ; )

I'am not a first time customer. I have used them many times. That bothers me a lot that they won't give a regular customer the price match. Its only a $12 difference and the tank is low, so I'd rather not wait until Monday. Want to be toasty warm for the 0 degrees we are getting Friday night into Saturday.

Feb '15

Well that explains it . The reason I ordered so soon after my last order was that I keep a close watch (every day) on NJ gas prices on gasbuddy.com and realize that a small rise in gas prices translates into a much bigger rise in heating oil prices . Although this year it looks like severely cold weather and higher demand was a bigger factor this past month . Never saw it go up almost 30 cents in one week ! I got 200 gallons each time when it was cheaper and will be good for the rest of the winter - unless it stays this cold throughout April !

Zombo Zombo
Feb '15

Just ordered from Hackettstown Oil today and they matched Liberty Oil price of 2.76 with a delivery for Tuesday. Also called M & M and they would not price match.

ideal100 ideal100
Feb '15

Just got my delivery. Glad I didn't cancel for $12 and wait until Monday. Ran out this morning. LOL. Nice and toasty. Thanks guys!

Feb '15

Hey Calico.... I see you have used Greenwork.. Have you had any problems with their oil being re-cycled???.... 30 cents cheaper, however don't want to have anything go wrong with my furnace.... just curious

scoop scoop
Mar '15

Hi scoop. Yes, I have used them a few times. No issues.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Be aware. Most have recycled oil. They just don't advertise it that way.

Mar '15

thanks Calico!!! delivery set for tomorrow... :)

scoop scoop
Mar '15

Oil is getting smoked!

Per Business Insider today, the price of oil was down another 4%, adding to last week's 9% decline. Near 11:15 am ET, West Texas Intermediate crude oil was down 4% to around $43 a barrel, a new six-year low for the commodity.

That's right folks, crude oil is lower than is was back in Dec/Jan.

So shop, shop, shop and phone, phone, phone to find the best heating oil price.
Prices should be getting back to where they were, $2.20/gallon.
So wait if you can as price decreases take longer than increases.

djdowd djdowd
Mar '15

More good news today.

There is a huge oversupply of oil.
US inventories continue to grow each week.
We are getting closer to a point where we have no more room to store this stuff.
Storage capacity in Cushing, OK is about 85 million barrels.
Within two months, it is projected to be FULL.

On the supply side:
The US is nearing a deal with Iran for even more oil.
The Saudis keep pumping oil to protect their market share.
US shale producers have cut back some but not enough to make a difference.

On the demand side:
Winter demand is fading.

Citibank recently estimated US crude could drop as low at $20/barrel.
That's half of what it is today; which itself is a 6 year low.

djdowd djdowd
Mar '15

It'll be great for a while.. but somehow I think they'll get us back in the end!
Meanwhile this really reduces pressure to invest in alternate clean energy sources, not a good thing.

I'm just above a quarter tank, holding out as long as I can hoping the price will drop. Hackettstown Oil online price was $2.50 yesterday, it's $2.43 today.

hktownie hktownie
Mar '15

Glad to see we are dropping again. Down to quarter tank for me too, and out of firewood.

Bruin Bruin
Mar '15

WOW! Another 6 year LOW in WTI oil prices.

WTI was down over 2% to trade around $42.65 a barrel.
Another 6 year low.
Traders can't find the bottom (of the barrel) in price.

Don't expect US producers to cut back.
They're thinking that if the oversupply continues, and storage capacity is reached, that the ban on oil exports could be repealed.

djdowd djdowd
Mar '15

If your tank is getting low, and you need to buy oil now, consider buying a smaller amount, say, just enough for another month or so. By then prices should be lower and you can fill up.

djdowd djdowd
Mar '15

H-town oil down to 2.40 online price. Drop baby drop!

Bruin Bruin
Mar '15

It's worthwhile to keep an eye on oil delivery outside your area.

For example, here http://www.cooperoilco.com/
The price is noticably lower.

Do you think there might be collusion among the local dealers?

For example, earlier this winter, Liberty was ~20 cents/gallon lower than Hackettstown.
These days they are ~10 cents/gallon higher than Hackettstown.

djdowd djdowd
Mar '15

Hackettstown Oil will match the price, most of the time.

Mar '15

H-town down again today, 2.38.

Bruin Bruin
Mar '15

2.34 today.

Bruin Bruin
Mar '15

2.29 H-town.

Bruin Bruin
Mar '15

Low enough yet for you to order Bruin? ; )

Mar '15

I'll bite at 2.20 :)

Bruin Bruin
Mar '15

2.25 now. One nickel to go!

Bruin Bruin
Mar '15

I had to go for it last week, almost out!

Got 2.27 from Hackettstown Oil at the on-line, >200 gal price. Cheaper to me than having to pay someone to come clear the line if we started to pull up the sludge at the bottom.

hktownie hktownie
Mar '15

I haven't run out yet with my Roth tank, even when the gauge goes into 'Reserve'. The end of my dip tube ends about 2 inches above the bottom of the tank, I watched them install it. Hopefully I will never suck up 'sludge', plus I put a bottle of 'Hot' four in one oil treatment into the tank before they come to fill it.

Bruin Bruin
Mar '15

Happy Easter! H-town down to 2.20 now. Time to fill! Only have 30 gallons left.

Bruin Bruin
Apr '15

Gee Bruin, I should have waited till today, yesterday it was $2.23.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Apr '15

Ordered yesterday, got it at 2.18, price for >200g.

Bruin Bruin
Apr '15

"'Hot' four in one oil treatment"

what is this? where do you get it?

if some sludge gets into the line how hard is it to clear?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '15

Hot can be an 'add on' if you order from H-town, it is only 15 bucks a bottle there. Cheapest place I could find it delivered to house was Amazon, which I bought for 16.50 before I saw that H-town has it for 15.

Claims from manufacturer:
Totally disperses water, controls waxing & gelling
Cleans pump, filter andburner tips while stabilzing fuel
Promotes clean flame while reducing smoke
Eliminates soot and removes "varnish"

I've never had sludge in my lines, so I don't know how to answer that one. My dip tube does not go all the way to bottom of tank, so I don't think it would be a real issue for me.

Bruin Bruin
Apr '15

ok, sludge is on the bottom? or does it float on the top?

if the feed line goes all the way to the bottom of the tank, isn't the sludge always there?

looking for an edumacation in oil tank sludge issues

thanks!

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '15

I had the issue only once we totally ran out of oil. After we put in 10 emergency gallons to get going again, a few days later the line was blocked with sludge and I had to have someone come out and clear it.

I don't know what the inside of my tank looks like or how low the dipstick goes, but I know that once I get below a quarter tank I need to watch closely. We seem to run out before the gauge tells me so.

I never knew about the Hot treatment, plan to get some!

hktownie hktownie
Apr '15

Brotherdog, sludge settles to bottom, but can be stirred up right after a tank fill, or like what happened when hktownie added a small amount of oil to the tank, which makes situation worse because sludge is concentrated when mixed around with only 10 gallons of oil, causing it to be in higher concentration until it settles back out.

Bruin Bruin
Apr '15

hktownie

If your heater's circuit breaker has popped, due to lack of oil feed and you're completely out, then you just usually need to wait 1/2-1 hour before turning it back on and bleeding out the air in the line. If it hasn't popped, then turn off the kill switch next to the heater or the secondary kill switch if you have one, put the oil in and then wait 1/2 to 1 hour before flipping the switch back on and bleeding the system of air if you have to.

Never dump the emergency 10 gal in while the heater's running or it will definitely suck in all the crap and you'll likely need to replace the line filter as well to then get things going again. Too many people are so eager to get things going that they immediately go inside and start to bleed the system air to get the oil to the burner. Bad idea, since everything's all stirred up in there.

Of course the reason that the last quarter tank goes so quickly is that the cross section of the tank is a flattened cylinder, forming an oval. If it was a rectangle in cross section, then your dipstick or float level would register a direct correlation with the level of oil in the tank, but since the cross sectional area is smaller as you get lower, the volume left in the tank gets increasingly lower as well and it no longer is a direct correlation once you're "on the curve", rather than still "on the flat".

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '15

On average how much would it cost to heat a 2 bedroom 5 room house with propane? Its about 1100 sq ft. I have never had oil or propane and trying to see the costs relating to rent.

Christine Christine
Apr '15

You may want to start a new thread called heating with propane, Christine. We are all oil burners here.

Bruin Bruin
Apr '15

Christine - Here is an old thread for propane prices that is still open for comments.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/440730

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Thanks Phil and Bruin, I learned some things today. The best idea seems to be not to run out, but if it happens again I'll know what to do. Got my Hot oil treatment in the mail this morning from Amazon too.

hktownie hktownie
Apr '15

You want add that stuff just before they fill your tank, so it gets good and mixed up.

Bruin Bruin
Apr '15

Thanks Calico!

Christine Christine
Apr '15

Price of a barrel of oil is going up- ordered oil this AM at $2.19- this PM it is up to $2.27.

The home heating oil market is now fluctuating daily as much as gas prices fluctuate- purely on speculation- we know supply is high- and demand has not increased.

I am guessing that with summer coming, heating oil will continue to mirror the gas price market to some extent- and the normal "heating oil is cheaper to buy in the summer" days are over.

My best guess- hopefully I bought at the right time.

Apr '15

Rhyme animal, I think we did buy at right time. Sometimes I feel like a stock broker. Buy now!!! buy! buy! buy! I really didn't think price was going to sink more than a few pennies below 2.20/g. That was the low point in December/Jan. Gotta get more firewood this time. Burned through all four cords of wood, and 220 g. of oil this season. A tank of oil usually last me almost 2 heating seasons.

Bruin Bruin
Apr '15

I agree with you Bruin- I follow the Oil Price per barrel (WTI) a few times a day since last fall- and much like a stock broker, you can get a feel for the market just by watching.

The prices have steadily been over $50 per barrel for a few weeks now- I hope I am wrong, but I think for the next several months- they will do what they can to keep the price over $50 per barrel- and they are trending towards $60- which is where I think they will hover over the summer.

Which means we probably have hit the low point in heating oil prices and they will continue a slow rise. Like all projections, however, one Middle East event will cause immediate spike in the price, regardless if we get less of our oil from them now- panic and speculation controls this market- not supply and demand.

Apr '15

H'town 150 gals $2.15 gal. Do you think it may go lower?

Jun '15

I was wondering the same thing. Trying to decide if I should fill up now and start the fall with a full tank. This is only our second year with oil so I'm not quite as up on oil buying strategy as some here.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '15

WOW! Buy, buy, buy!!! Today's Hackettstown Oil prices!

100.0 - 149.9 $2.190
150.0 - 199.9 $1.940
200.0 - 399.9 $1.920
400.0 - 799.9 $1.900
800.0 - 1499.9 $1.880
1500.0 - 2499.9 $1.860

I have a little under a 1/2 tank. I'm going to order a fill and hope it will take 150.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

Saw that yesterday. Was waiting it see if it goes even lower. What do you think? Do need some very soon.

Jul '15

No idea bothered. I wish it would come down at the gas pump as well. Price just keep hovering around $2.50/gallon.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

True! Under $2.00 would be great!

Jul '15

H'town oil $1.79 online order. Wow!

Aug '15

If you got oil in the tank you might want to wait even longer . Oil in the 30 dollar per barrel range is the prediction .

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/11/opec-just-kicked-oil-into-the-30s.html

Zombo Zombo
Aug '15

Reuters:

U.S. crude oil CLc1 fell 0.6 percent to $40.55 a barrel after a fall of more than 4 percent on Wednesday, barely holding above its 6 1/2-year low of $40.40.

djdowd djdowd
Aug '15

And gas was $2.14 per gallon in Oxford today :)

Bloomberg: Oil Falls Below $40 a Barrel for First Time Since 2009

Prices have tumbled almost 35 percent since this year’s highest close in June as producers pump away even after an oversupply pushed prices into a bear market. West Texas Intermediate may drop to $32 on the persisting surplus, Citigroup Inc. said Wednesday. Meanwhile, concern that China’s economy will slow increases expectation that demand will wane.

Hackettstown Oil: 1.74/gal
Liberty: 1.749/gal

djdowd djdowd
Aug '15

Should be below 2.00 by the holidays.

hilti hilti
Aug '15

Price of a barrel of oil is going back up . Paid 1.68 yesterday already up to 1.74 . Now might be a good time to buy some before it rises higher .

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/27/oil-markets-catch-breath-after-biggest-gains-in-six-years.html

Zombo Zombo
Aug '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.