How wolves change rivers

Very interesting and well done.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/ysa5OBhXz-Q?feature=player_embedded

ignatz ignatz
Sep '14

Gorgeous video. Makes me want to go back to Yellowstone.

Note: if you have Huskies or Shepherds or the like, and they are within earshot of your computer, you are going to have some serious howling on your hands at the start and end of the video. Even the puppy here joined in to respond to the wolves. Kind of amazing and beautiful to watch and hear, actually.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

That was very enjoyable.

So very cool.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Sep '14

Beautiful video and the wolves were magnificent.

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Sep '14

Awesome interpretation of how the "circle of life" works. Beautiful scenery!

Thanks so much for sharing it.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

I enjoyed the video as well, but as for the primary theme... I have to disagree. Even assuming that everything the narrator said was true, the wolves didn't change the river; if anything, they allowed the river to change LESS quickly, by eliminating the rapid erosion that occurred due to the overgrazing of the riverbanks by the unchecked deer population. But I guess in the end, it's just semantics... and it was a beautiful video that demonstrates the benefit of predators to an ecosystem, which is often overlooked. I have to laugh at so called "environmentalists" who are opposed to the management of voracious herbivores; this video illustrates the damage they can do if allowed to reproduce unchecked...

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.