Found! Calico/Multi-color Cat, Alphano Rd.

Found! Calico/Multi-color Cat, Alphano Rd.

My cousin was in a horrible accident on Alphano road yesterday. Her cat was with her. Please let me know if you see or have the cat. Name is Noel. Picture attached.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

I hope your cousin is ok. What a beautiful cat, hope she's found soon.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Terrible news. Hope your cousin is ok and that you find her cat soon.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '14

Please help - where on Alphano? It's a long road. Let me know and I will go out and actively look today.

Prayers for your cousin and anyone else involved.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

It was near Ryan road. Thank you

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

I live near the corner of Ryan and Alphano. Actually saw your cousin's accident while on a delivery. Is she okay? That intersection always makes me nervous, and I use it at least twice a day.

I'll keep my eyes out for her cat.

Fuji
Sep '14

I live a little past that intersection. I will look for kitty.

IrishRN
Sep '14

She is at the hospital and she has a long road ahead of her now. She is strong though. Thank you to everyone who is helping. My cell is 908-797-1879

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

Oh no! This is horrible. The cat must be so scared having no clue where she is. I would suggest putting flyers around that neighborhood & mailboxes. People might just assume it's a barn cat or inside/outdoor cat and not realize it's actually a lost cat. I would say that's your best bet for word of mouth in that area. Not everyone reads this thread. Can you tell us if she's micro-chippped? I'm assuming no ID collar, correct? Best of luck to you in finding the cat and of course to your cousin for a full, quick, recovery.

villani villani
Sep '14

As far as I know, no collar or chip. Offering $100.00 reward.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

Hope she's found & hope that your cousin is alright. I'll keep a look out. I babysit mornings on Alphano Rd. near Ryan Rd. I love cats and really hope that this beautiful one will be found ok.

Joyce Polack Joyce Polack
Sep '14

Does the cat live on alphano road? or nearby or does it live in another town?

lily pad lily pad
Sep '14

They live in PA

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

Was her car involved or was she with someone else. Was the car demolished? Could the cat be in the car hiding??? or did someone see it run away?

lily pad lily pad
Sep '14

I'll look around the area again tomorrow. Didn't see anything today, but couldn't dedicate as much time as I would have liked.

Do you need help making flyers?

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Rebecka - that is so kind of you, I appreciate the help. I made some flyers today and put them along Alphano road. It isn't easy because there are not a lot of places to safely park.

She did see the cat run away unfortunately. I'm hoping she goes to the farm eventually for food.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

Perhaps people that read this and live in the area can shake a box of dry cat food and leave some outside...at least it's a way to spot the cat to get a location

villani villani
Sep '14

I know of a couple people on the road and actually the house right near there a friend lives in. I'll tell her. Have you notified local vets? I your cousin is doing ok.

Justlookingaround Justlookingaround
Sep '14

Yes. Good idea Villani. I have one person with food outside. Thanks for helping

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

Prayers with both your cousin and the little cat. Hopefully she stays in the area and is found soon.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

I was able to get an article on DailyRecord and WRNJ will be announcing every day until she is found. Thank you everyone for your help.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

is this kitty declawed/ever been outside etc. is she skiddish? i live right there and have been keeping my eye out... but knowing those details would help alot i think. is she ... people friendly/ treat lover/comes to her name? . hoping i can help since I'm located right in that area.

chowchowtown chowchowtown
Sep '14

I so hope this kitty is found soon. She must be so scared. :-(

How is your cousin doing?

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

I believe she has claws, she is friendly and will come when called since she will be hungry. She will eat cat food and treats. She is not skiddish but with being scared I'm not sure.

Chowchow where are u located? Could you email me? We would like to put some clothing out with familiar smells.

Calico - She is slowly getting better. Still has a long road ahead of her. I know finding Noel will help. Thank you for asking.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

pleasehelp - messaged you my info. will keep my eyes open.

chowchowtown chowchowtown
Sep '14

Thanks. We will be continuing our search in the area of Ryan rd as we do not think she would have gone far since she is unfamiliar with the area.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

Any news on this little cat? Your cousin is still improving? Prayers are with you all.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

No news so far. We are putting out loving care traps this weekend with familiar scents hoping she comes near them. Since it rained yesterday I will also be putting up more fliers this weekend.

As for my cousin, she is improving. She has a lot more to go through and is still in pain. It will be a long road to recovery but she is strong and I know she can do it.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

I've been looking for her & calling her name at night when it's quiet. No sightings yet. She is bound to turn up soon. There are a lot of cats in the area and everybody feeds them.

IrishRN
Sep '14

Thank you Irish. I try to get there when I can because I have a recording of my cousin calling her name. I just hope she comes around soon with it getting cold at night.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Sep '14

Well, it has been over a week now and Noel is still out there. Please keep your eyes and ears open for her. As time goes on its getting colder at night and I am hoping she comes looking for warmth.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Oct '14

Do you have a side picture of the cat?
I possibly saw her last night, but as you know, there are many cats on Alpha no. This cat ran from the farm side of Alpha no and crossed over into the woodsy side around 8:30 last night. I stopped to get a better look and to see if she would come if called but the cat had hid and I had my kids in the car. I checked the nearest mail box and it was near address 192. I wish you the best of luck and I will keep an eye out still.

seenit
Oct '14

Thank you seenit. You give us some hope. I will transfer one of my cages to that area in hopes of finding her. Please keep updating and thank you again!

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Oct '14

Any up-dates on both cat and cousin?

Dansker Dansker
Oct '14

Dansker - thank you for asking, the cat is still missing and my cousin is getting better. She left the hospital for rehab so were on to the next step.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Oct '14

So hope this kitty is found soon.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '14

maybe you should visit farms nearby to see if anyone has seen her. It's been about 2 weeks she probably is not in the area where the accident happened anymore. Very Sad. Was the cat in a carrier when the accident happened??

lily pad lily pad
Oct '14

I live nearby in the condos on Alphano. I will drive around there tomorrow and do a little search with a bag of treats and see if i can help you find her. Have you asked Godlewsky's Farm to keep an eye out? If not i can stop in tomorrow and ask them. My heart goes out to your cousin. I'm sure her experience has been traumatic enough without having the grief
and worry of losing a beloved pet.

Createfreely Createfreely
Oct '14

Lilypad - I've talked to many vets and they have said she most likely will stay in that area because she is not near her home. Yes, she was in a carrier

Create freely - yes, they were the first ones that I called. Thank you for your help

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Oct '14

Did you find the carrier? Was is busted open?

honey badger honey badger
Oct '14

@ Pleasehelp- I'll be heading out that way in about an hour or two to have another look around. Drove up and down the whole stretch a couple times late last night as that's when I seem to see other cats in the area crossing over from the woodsy side to the farm side, but no luck. I'm sure it will be easier to spot her in the daylight though.... Perhaps if you sent me the recording with your cousins voice calling Noël I could blast it on repeat through my car speakers and lure her out? Just a thought?? Also, if you would like me to help hang flyers around that area and up on the other roads near by, just let me know... I will put flyers on the mailboxes in my development and would be willing to put flyers in the mailboxes of the houses around Ryan Road and on Alphano. I saved the picture you posted earlier to my phone so I can easily print something out quickly. The more people keeping an eye out for her, the better our chances.

Createfreely Createfreely
Oct '14

@Createfreely...aren't there already flyers out already? However, more would be better. What is this farm I keep hearing about. Perhaps someone should go to the farm owners house, on the door explaining the situation and give him a flyer. He can perhaps help if he's seen the cat before.

villani villani
Oct '14

villani, the farm would be Godlewsky's.

justintime justintime
Oct '14

Honey - the carrier was still in the car and yes it broke open

If you send me an email with your number I can forward the voicemail. That would be very helpful. If your willing to do the mailbox thing that is awesome. Well appreciated.

I've contacted and talked to the farm. They know to keep an eye out for her.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Oct '14

Update: I moved one trap cage and we are hoping she is found soon. I noticed all the flyers I hung up are gone so if anyone wants to hang more please do. I don't have time this week.

Thank you for all your support and help

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Oct '14

I hate asking what seems like a stupid question, but was the car searched thoroughly? Could the cat have been trapped under a seat...or even hiding?

Oct '14

Not a stupid question. Yes and both drivers saw the cat run into the woods

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Oct '14

Someone has been taking down my fliers so I am having ones made up to be put on private lawns. If your okay with this please message me.

Thanks

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Oct '14

Shame on who ever is taking down those fliers! Do they not comprehend that this involves a frightened cat who ran away after a car accident? Where is your compassion?

Dansker Dansker
Oct '14

Re: Found! Calico/Multi-color Cat, Alphano Rd.

Noel is home :-) thank you to everyone for all your help and support

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Oct '14

Please do share the story of the rescue! Wonderful news.

Oct '14

I've been following this story & have been keeping an eye out for her as I live in the area. I am so happy & relieved she is back home & am sure this will help the healing process for your cousin's injuries. Wishing you all the very best!!

omg - that is fabulous news - and yes please post the story.............

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

This is wonderful news! How is she?

lily pad lily pad
Oct '14

@pleasehelp.. What wonderful news! So very happy the kitty was found. Hope the recovery is coming along for your cousin.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '14

Great news!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Thank goodness she was found with the cold nights coming on. So happy for her and your cousin. Fantastic news !

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '14

Nice :)

Best wishes to your cousin for a full & quick recovery. Having her fur baby safe will help.

Again I would like to thank everyone for there help. I got a phone call tonight around 7 stating that they had Noel and would hold on to her till I got there. She didn't stray far from the scene of the accident. She was heard meowing on the steps of someone's house. She is a little skinny and had a tick on her but she is home now and will be fine. My cousin is getting better and may be heading home tomorrow. The timing couldn't be any better

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Oct '14

Happy happy news

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

This is so wonderful!!! Both your cousin and Noel can heal together. I am sure they will bring each other much comfort! This story has haunted me.

Dansker Dansker
Oct '14

I am so very glad to hear that your cousin is mending, that Noel is found and that they will be reunited!! Such a scary thing for them both - glad that they will have each other.

pmnsk pmnsk
Oct '14

Great news!

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Oct '14

So glad this had a happy ending..

Shady Shady
Oct '14

I'm SO happy to hear the good news!!! I'm sure your cousin is relieved.

Is Noel generally healthy now?

Cat Luver Cat Luver
Oct '14

Yes. Noel visited the vet yesterday and is in good health.

pleasehelp pleasehelp
Oct '14

Another Happy ending! Now I'm so happy too~! Many prayers for your cousins full recovery! I'm sure Noel will help make that happen!

sha44ss sha44ss
Oct '14

Us cat lovers know how much their pet babies mean to them! I've been following this story since day once, and I'm beyond happy for your cousin, Nicole.

Cat Luver Cat Luver
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.