Lots of Police Cars with Guns & Helicopters on Rte 80

near Truckstop before exit 19

Anyone know what is going on?? Maybe that guy they are looking for killing trooper??

sha44ss sha44ss
Sep '14

Be prepared for some mean responses, sha44ss.

happiest girl
Sep '14

https://www.facebook.com/LehighValleyBreakingNews/posts/795778650474750?fref=nf

chippster
Sep '14

The police always carry guns. Do you mean thay had them drawn ?

jerseycash5
Sep '14

Njsp has been in contact with a hunter fitting the description that was called in. Having the hunter exit the woods. All units releasing hunter and clearing

townie1 townie1
Sep '14

Thanks Townie! Yes they had their rifles or shotguns drawn . My daughter saw them on her way home. About 15 cop cars & helicopter circling.

sha44ss sha44ss
Sep '14

If anyone plans on visiting the Poconos I'd hold off. Huge police presence in the area

townie1 townie1
Sep '14

We may never know why. I saw police with guns drawn on 78 a couple weeks ago. Never saw an article on it. A lot of stuff is never reported.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Just heard a reference on world news tonight (abc) about the latest on the manhunt---- not sure, maybe this one. It said a community locking it's doors.

happiest girl
Sep '14

I do know that a couple of schools in Sussex County were asked by State Police to have the kids on a special lockdown during school hours. They were not allowed to go outside for recess due a possible sighting in Sussex County.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Sep '14

Oh, helicopter over head. What are you paranoid?

Just kidding. People who talk like that must have missed this thread. I would be concerned too sha44ss. Glad it was nothing.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

Does anyone know if Sussex County and also Stroudsburg area are still under "shelter in place" orders? They were and said up-dates would follow. As of last night no up-dates on State Police website or on Timothy lake site. Daughter was hoping to go up today, but doesn't want to take child to a dangerous area.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

We went it the crossings yesterday. No police presence, place was crowded. No issues at all.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.