It's open enrollment time again for health care

A very good friend of mine retired from GE. just received notice that the Company is getting out of the Health Insurance business. They hired a firm for them to contact that will give each one, a one on one aide in finding the best insurance for each situation at no cost to them. The Company will give them a yearly stipend to help cover the coast.

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

The same thing has happened with AT&T retirees. We were turned over to Aon, a company that will help. We have had one phone "meeting" so far but nothing is available to review until October. Hoping we make the right decisions after never really having to shop around for insurance plans. We just needed to choose within their plan. I guess at some point, all companies will be out of the insurance business.

justwondering justwondering
Sep '14

I too am an AT&T retiree. Had my telephone meeting earlier this week. I was able to get some guidance and answers to my questions from the AON representative. I did go through the information on the website but will not go back into it until the prices of the plans are posted after October 1st. Hopefully the Health Reimbursement Account amount will be in line with the cost of the plans.

justjc3 justjc3
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.