haven't seen this here.
Be aware.

http://milfordnow.com/manhunt-for-eric-matthew-frein/

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Sep '14

Locked and loaded.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Oh, if I say something like that, Im called paranoid. That's why I didn't start a thread on it. Manhunt has been going on since Friday.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Sep '14

The Pocono Schools were closed today

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140917/NEWS/140919768

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

Closing the schools is a little over the top and paranoid IMO. What are they going to do if they don't apprehend this guy for months? He's a survivalist. He could hide somewhere safely for years in the woods in PA.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

I agree 100% Calico.

I would bet he's in the woods, dead, from suicide.

Sep '14

I kind of agree with you Calico. But you have a weapon handy. Those little home makers don't.

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

It's also not accurate that the schools are closed. The article posted is only an editorial suggesting hunters should stay home. The article about the precautions is here:

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140917/NEWS/140919774

It states only two of the area districts, Pocono Mountain and Paupack. and two smaller private schools were off. Six other districts all open.

Would u guys get paranoid if they didn't close school's because of a survivalist shooter on the loose?

townie1 townie1
Sep '14

Aren't there Dogs that can sniff the scent of someone, and track them; or at least give a clue as to which direction he headed??
They did find the vehicle that he drove, No?

Unless the scent has to be fresh at the time of the dog (s) being able to track someone?

Embryodad Embryodad
Sep '14

Really people?

Paranoid is arming yourself to the hilt because you think the government may one day unleash an oppressive military force on you.

Paranoid is thinking a mysterious jet flying overhead on 9/11 could be something deadly.

Locking down schools for a few days while the police search for a man who just ambushed and murdered one officer, shot another, and talked about committing mass murders is not paranoid.

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '14

You go exman ! Can you imagine if this turd burst into a school full of kids . Maybe they have an idea where he is hiding and its near a school or schools.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

Emaxxman-you are so far off that Im not going to waste my time. SMH

Sep '14

jerseycash5 - It's really not about being near the school. The area he was last known in would not really be very easy to attack a school. I think more of the concern is with the rural bus routes and how kids often have to wait for long times in front of their houses with few people around and little ability to provide security guards that would help that. This mentally ill guy out of the woods could easily accidentally come across a few kids at a bus stop. This is the reason why people were hoping at least East Stroudsburg North, and Ressica at a minimum would close. Pocono Mountain, particularly PM East where this guy graduated from (even though it was before East/West) and still lives in the district was quite understandable. I could not see Pleasant Valley as a district being affected on the other hand any more than Warren Hills.

Reasonable caution is a good thing. Silly misunderstanding is another.

First the State Troopers and Police are more worried than parents should be. They know that his main goal is to get them. He is a survivalist and probably is hunkered down at a place he planed to be. I didn't see or read anywhere that he talked about committing mass murders tho I do agree closing the schools close by.

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

Hopefully he offed himself but I think he wants more mayhem. If I lived up there I would use all 4 of my eyes and keep all doors locked. Oh and don't forget the Louisville slugger by my bed.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

jerseycash5 - That's always prudent no matter where you live even if its not in the real boonies.

In the news link that BEG posted:

Frein, who promoted fantasies of killing police and “mass-murder” on his Facebook page is “considered armed and dangerous.”

---

The psycho already killed one person; it was by sheer luck that the other officer survived - not because Frein chose not to kill him. There is a confirmed and armed killer on the loose. It's not paranoid to exercise extreme caution.

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '14

All I'm saying is they did the right thing to shut a few school's down. Better them doing that then nothing at all. Ya never know what could happen unfortunately

townie1 townie1
Sep '14

Once again I'll say it, we are raising a generation of wusses. Additionally, there are psychos around all the time. In every state. We cannot all go into bunker mode. It's like the nutsos who built all those bomb shelters years ago. Sigh.....

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Calico is entirely right. He could be in the woods for years before being caught. Apparently nobody remembers Eric Rudolph, the Atlanta Olympics bomber who took 5 years to apprehend. I've been in the area he was hiding in while hunting sapphires & rubies and it's a lot like NE PA, except for being a bit more hospitable there in the winter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Rudolph

Rudolph never harmed anybody in the area he was hiding.

Phil D. Phil D.
Sep '14

Right on Calico. Everyone is a winner so nobodies feelings get hurt. I think we are about 10 years away from kids being permanently locked into and rolling around in plastic bubble balls. And a Louisville slugger isn't doing crap against his AK and 308. If he gets to Allamuchy, we are ready for him ;)

LJRubi LJRubi
Sep '14

You're right LJRuby . Im going to get an aluminium bat the wooden one might splinter.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

Baseball bat? Lol... how quaint...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

Is this why the schools all keep a stach of twinkies in the school for long lock downs break out the 50 cal desert eagle

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Sep '14

According to this NBC story, you don't need a gun OR a bat to protect against a home invasion. you just need a can of wasp spray. But if that doesn't work, then treat them like royalty and give them everything they want. They will be less likely to rape/torture/kill you (I guess).

A story about how to protect from a home invasion and it never even mentions a firearm. Sounds logical....

How to protect your family from home invasion

http://www.today.com/news/home-invasion-jeff-rossen-shows-how-protect-your-family-1D80117494

Joe M Joe M
Sep '14

Sorry, I don't feel very comfortable having my life depend on a can of wasp spray. But for those who don't have a firearm, I guess it's a good idea.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

I think it's a safe precaution for the schools to close at this time especially since the nut jobs father is quoted as saying he was looking to harm as many people as possible/mass killings. why take a chance? do we need a repeat of the Connecticut incident? it's not a matter of being wusses, but being proactive until they can determine the schools are safe.

Poppy Girl
Sep '14

Poppy Girl - And if he's at large for months or years? What do you propose then? Schools closed for years? Home schooling only?

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Wasp spray... easily defeated by a pair of goggles...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

Duh Mark You ask him to take the goggles off before you spray. A junior high kid would have known that.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

Bwahahahaaha jc5!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Re: Manhunt in the Poconos

I think if the wasp spray doesn't work, and you're not quite ready to treat the intruder as royalty yet, they recommend you try the 2 finger poke to the eyes. Hopefully the intruder is not familiar with this maneuver and defends it with his hand.

Joe M Joe M
Sep '14

I heard Milford PA is in some sort of lock down or requested lock down. Just looking at this guys pics - it appears he was in the Russian Army or one of the former Soviet Union Republics Army's - can]t identify the uniform but Eastern European - imo

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/09/eric_frein_manhunt.html#incart_river

RU - Have you been following the press releases? The guy was a Cold War re-enactor, the uniform is fake. The article you quoted gives the lockdown as Barrett and Price Townships. Barrett is where Frein lives with his parents. Price is next door. They're quite a ways away from Milford which is in a different county. Milford is fairly close to where the shooting took place.

No - i haven't a friend of mine in Milford said they got an annoucement to lock doors - pull shades & stay inside.

How exactly do you re-enact the Cold War?

RU - The folks dress up in uniforms of both US and Soviet design and then stage mock "battles".

Being a reenactor myself (Civil War) that would be a good joke.

"How do you re-enact the cold war?"

Dress warmly! :)

John C John C
Sep '14

RU - The folks dress up in uniforms of both US and Soviet design and then stage mock "battles".

That is the dumbest thing ive ever heard - don't you need an original battle in order to re-enact a battle....i could see flying down to Cuba and running around the Bay of Pigs for awhile...

For all those who say closing the schools is dumb... If they didnt do anything such as closing schools or enforcing lock down you would be pissed also. There is no winning now a days. Why can't you sit back and wait for the news to hear that this man is caught? And if you don't care than don't post.

Frustrated Frustrated
Sep '14

Looks like they found him:

BLOOMING GROVE, PA (RNN) – The man accused of ambushing and shooting two Pennsylvania State Police officers has been cornered and believed to have exchanged fire with law enforcement on Friday.

Local officials in Monroe County, PA have confirmed that they've exchanged gun fire at 6:40 p.m. ET with a person they believe is the suspect Eric Frein. Authorities reportedly have cornered him at a home where he's been hiding, according to CNN, and there's a heavy police presence in the area.

CNN reporter Jason Carroll reported that Frein broke into the home where he's currently surrounded. The home is nearly 40 miles from where Frein shot the two troopers.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/26581972/shots-fired-police-surround-man-wanted-for-pa-ambush-shooting?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Trapped like a rat! Now my family who lives in the area can rest easy..

darluggh darluggh
Sep '14

30 years old and living with mom and dad. This might be a good example to hold the parents responsible for bringing and raising this monster into this world...

Havent caught him yet, so a friend that lives in area is saying.

Sep '14

Any up-dates on this? ther was no news on police up-dates about lifting the "shelter in place''.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

I read it was lifted yesterday

Booster90 Booster90
Sep '14

This morning 9/21

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/09/accused_killer_eric_frein_rema.html#incart_river

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

Sure hope they catch this coward soon.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Sep '14

How could this guy escape after being surrounded? How could he escape with all that police presence? Is he houdini or something? I can't believe it's been 8 days already.

villani villani
Sep '14

He's a worm.

happiest girl
Sep '14

villani - "This guy". The only information is from local sources that have not been confirmed. (no press releases since mid last week) Even if gun fire was exchanged, there probably won't be confirmation it was him until they actually capture him. Until then, it could be some one else entirely, if anyone at all. No sense in filling in blanks that aren't there until real information surfaces. I'm sure it's far more frustrating for the families that were kept at bay than any of us in our comfortable Monday morning arm chairs. ;-)

there was a long press conference today - nothing about gun fire and nothing about having him surrounded..........

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

He wasn't surrounded. They thought they had him surrounded, in a house, but they were wrong. No surprise there.

Sep '14

I just have a hunch he is not alone to go on this long.. Just speculating.

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

He is one of those survivor people....and said he has had this planned for a while. I bet he has a bunker underground....

Nosila Nosila
Sep '14

+10 Nosila. Totally agree.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Right- There is no way that they could have been searching the area with that many people for this long and haven't found him.

The fact he hasn't come out to eat or anything really makes me believe he is underground

Nosila Nosila
Sep '14

Have they tried tracking dogs? I'm sure he's eating just fine. He does not need to go to Shop Rite to eat....he's a hunter. Plenty of small rodents in the woods.

villani villani
Sep '14

If he was out hunting he would have been seen by someone- There have not been any sightings

Nosila Nosila
Sep '14

I'm sure as a true "survivalist" he would have had his supplies and his bunker prepared ahead of time.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

not necessarily...he could have set out traps...come out at night. And who's to say he's even in the area still?

villani villani
Sep '14

Glad to see Scotland Yard is on the case. With all the expertise here on HL this guy is as good as caught.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

He could have a cloak of invisibility...
He might have met up with Wonderwoman and borrowed her invisible jet...
He might even have that new technology where a series of cameras projects an image on him of what's behind him, making him look invisible to the naked eye...

Gosh, this post is worse than reading the Enquirer! Someone above mentioned something about considering the facts that are known. Might that be a prudent idea before more nonsense of lockdowns and martial law - err, shelter in place - is thrown about?

justintime justintime
Sep '14

Bet he is dead somewhere.

Sep '14

Here is an interesting article.
I don't even live in PA but I was by the border over the wknd driving around at night. I could not help but think the ENTIRE time while driving about this guy and feel anxious....would he start sniping off at cars or hi-jack a car and use the driver as a hostage. I know I am being extremely silly about this and over re-acting but all I hear is for days is that they are closing in on the target but that's it. I would feel, and I'm sure everyone else in the area would feel more at ease if we were knew that the police know for a fact of the area he is in and if there is any doubt I think we should have this info. My concern is, is that they don't have a clue where he is and is not in the area at all. What if he has traveled over to the NY, NJ area? Isn't anyone else concerned about this? Again, I know I'm over re-acting but being by the border at night over the wknd driving I just could not help the anxiety and fear. I hope this not take months like the article says. I'm actually shocked it's taking this long.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F20140921%2FNEWS%2F409210331%2F-1%2FNEWS.

villani villani
Sep '14

So, here we are on day 12 or 13. I can't find anything on the news for updates. Last I heard was that they were hot on his trail by his home town. I actually came across a fb page of a family that's actually right in the center of the action. They have been videotaping since the 20th with all the action happening right in their own backyard. I think I counted around 50 military men in his yard only. He records video of himself driving and there are a lot more cars and military trucks than I even imagined. I will share the video, but also look at all the videos he's been posting ...very interesting. However, the funny thing is, is that his FB says he lives in East Stroudsburg which is not where I thought they were focusing the manhunt. Here's the link to actual, behind scenes video...again..look through them all..very interesting. Also, a bit disturbing with ALL that manpower and technology they still have not got this guy.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10202851502264783&set=vb.1118463798&type=3&theater

villani villani
Sep '14

Holy shit! That's what they are sending after ONE man? I wonder if this is the reason why suspect supposedly is targeting law enforcement, because those in power are so far over the top on a power binge that they are trying to capsize our society.

Honestly, I can't believe that video is true. That is truly effed up.

justintime justintime
Sep '14

He is probably in an underground bunker at his parents house

Booster90 Booster90
Sep '14

My buddy is out in the Poconos and the rumor out there is this guy and the surviving Trooper had a history as his sister may have been dating the guy & yes also heard about the bunker near the parents house scene coming and going by neighbors. Which seems kind of hard to believe with all the people looking for the guy.

villani - If you think the Indy/Mansfield/Washington Tsp with Hackettstown mailing address is confusing, wait until you really loo into that area in PA. An East Stroudsburg mailing address could be anything from Route 80 all the way up to near the NY border. There were a series of small PO shutdowns that were assigned to 18301 to handle. Some were renamed 18302 but that's still the East Stroudsburg PO location on South Courtland St. Among other areas, that includes part of Pike County under watch and is between where the car was dumped and his home they think he was headed for.

Justintime, that was only one day of video he has. He has 3, maybe 4 days of video in a row with all the crew in his yard. I don't know if you got to see all his videos but it's crazy. Here's another one of him driving home and the amazing amount of police presence on the road. Oh, and it looks like they now left his yard alone according to his post..here's part if it..edited out some of the silliness...
Approx. .25 sq mile area
At least 400 men
20 dogs
2 choppers
2 planes
7 deer
13 turkeys
Swept perimeter elbow to elbow 5 times
42.5 hrs later...........
THEY JUST DRIVE AWAY!!!!!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10202849731940526&set=vb.1118463798&type=3&theater

villani villani
Sep '14

Coming soon to a town near you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcvyHMyhpaA

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

That was hilarious and sad at the same time, ianimal.

Wow! Just wow!! Dirty diapers and visual of suspect.

http://news.yahoo.com/residents-chafe-over-search-ambush-suspect-053519541.html;_ylt=AwrBJR9TdSNUNRMAiHuamolQ

Lifeistooshort Lifeistooshort
Sep '14

Who is this guy.... Rambo... He must be really good if he can evade police this long.

metsman metsman
Sep '14

According to this article they have expanded hunt to abandoned Buck Hill Inn in the poconos.
www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-eric-frein-police-manhunt-friday-20140926-story.html.

Remembered reading and about an Inn on here, sure enough it's the same place.

Cool looking Inn. Hope they catch him soon. Or find him dead.

Sep '14

Well, here's the latest. Looks like they had him located within a 5 miles radius and he's still on the run. How many hundreds of trained officers/investigators does it take to not find 1 single guy? This is so crazy. I just can't believe he's still out there. I can just imagine the anxiety the victims family is going through. I'm sure they just want closure on this horrible situation.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/terrain-weather-bogging-dogs-searching-suspected-killer-article-1.1954152

villani villani
Sep '14

did they ever find D.B. Cooper?

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Sep '14

Nope...I don't think they did. That was some James bond stuff right there...ok, well, kind of.

villani villani
Sep '14

DB Cooper was never captured. They will get this character. Just a shame it wasn't a month or so later as all the leaves would have been off the trees and brush killed off up there by then.

Is it true they are thinking about bringing back agent orange to defoliate the area to get this guy???

timmyy
Sep '14

Agree on all points bothered, that Inn is cool looking, was just looking at images on Bing. When this drama is all over I'd love to get in there and take pictures.

Denis Denis
Sep '14

"Is it true they are thinking about bringing back agent orange to defoliate the area to get this guy???"

All I can hope is the next time a private citizen is murdered, they get the same resources for the investigation/manhunt.... I assume there were 1000's of cops, dogs, helicopters, etc. in Newark today, right?

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2014/09/prosecutor_investigating_newarks_66th_homicide_of_the_year.html

Ah, sorry... for a second there I thought there wasn't a double standard.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

It's bow season if the guy was in the area think some hunter would have spotted him by now - no?

Don't those choppers have FLIR???
He must have a space blanket...to avoid it.

exactly what I was thinking RU. With all this high technology available, thermal imaging, dogs, tracking experts, etc., I am surprised how he is avoiding capture.

villani villani
Sep '14

Bow season. Now there's a thought. Just flood the area with hunters. What a trophy Frein would make! Now we just gotta figure out how to keep the hunters from killing each other in this little scenario.

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

If we have a bear hunt, I wonder where the closest Bruin might be....hmmmm.....

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Sep '14

I stay out of the woods during bear season. Suburbs are the place to be!

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

Bow season in Pa starts next Saturday. I heard that the state has closed the game lands off Snow Hill Rd.

tinplaterr tinplaterr
Sep '14

I'm not surprised that they would close of the area to hunters. This guy apparently "does not miss" and would have a field day using hunters as target practice. So, if they are already closing it a week ahead then that does not sound like they feel confident they will catch this guy by then.

villani villani
Sep '14

They're still "closing in on him"? I have a feeling they'll find Sasquatch and the Mantis Man before this Frein guy...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Sep '14

Authorities say he turned on and used his cell phone to call mommy and daddy for a few seconds. They were able to zero in on his whereabouts within a 5 mile area of the call.

Probably calling mommy to help come and change his diaper.

What a scumbag.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20140926_Sources__On_the_run__Frein_tried_to_call_parents.html

timmyy timmyy
Sep '14

Yep, as I mentioned higher up on the thread, don't forget it took them over 5 years to get Eric Rudolph who was on the FBI's 10 most wanted list! That was in terrain very similar to the Poconos too. The only reason they found him was when a Sheriff's Deputy spotted him rummaging through the trash next to a business one day.

I hope they get this guy sooner, though Ian may be correct that they'll find Sasquatch and the Mantis Man first..

Phil D. Phil D.
Sep '14

+1 for iPhone-imal

villani villani
Sep '14

Crazy that this guy is still eluding law enforcement. I have a feeling he's not going to go down quietly when they tighten the perimeter on him, either. This is why I have a lot of respect for law enforcement: it is thought that he is armed with at least one high-powered rifle, and they have to track and then surround him. I sure as h-ll would not want to be one of those officers who tightens the loop to within his shooting range.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Well that would be pretty stupid to call mom and dad when you are in the process of being hunted...lol! I'm thinking if he had enough intelligence to stay hidden this long that he may be a bit smarter than that. Maybe he made the call for that exact purpose? So the police would focus on that area....

I agree Rebecka, but if LE is running around in relatively tight groups like in the previously linked videos they are pretty much setting themselves up to be picked off like targets in a shooting range. Something just doesn't sound right about the whole thing to me. We're missing some information i think.

justintime justintime
Sep '14

"We're missing some information i think." Aren't we always?

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

Zero in on a 5-mile area? I assume that's a radius from a cell tower. That still leaves between 75 and 80 square miles for this guy to hide in, which is approximately the size of Mansfield, Independence, Liberty and Allamuchy Townships combined. That's still a pretty big haystack if you're looking for a needle.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Sep '14

5 mile radius!?.... When I go on google maps with my phone it shows where I am within 5 feet

Booster90 Booster90
Sep '14

what about the possible connection between the dead trooper and the suspects sister?

has that been vetted out yet?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

News said they were friends, no affair. Huh who knows.

Sep '14

"Has that been vetted out yet?"

Yes - During one of the news conferences it was brought up. It was about his sister-in-law, not the sister. Frein's brother lives near Scranton less than three blocks from the trooper that survived. The police interviewed the brother and sister-in-law and they said they did not know of or even hear of the trooper or his family before this incident. As far as they can tell, it's just a coincidence.

Whats a coincidence?

Sep '14

How near the trooper and Frein's brother were to each other was called a coincidence.

bbu, it's the same as a coinkydink.

MB- I know what the word means. I don't see how it fits into this story. JMO!

Sep '14

During one of the press conferences, police confirmed they are using thermal imaging among other technologies.

Pot does not give off the heat, they find the growers because of all of the artificial lights that give off the heat.

nobody uses artificial lights in the woods GC..There is no power..un less they have a loooooooooooong extension cord

Brad2
Sep '14

Brad2 - Depends on how far out in the woods, and what you never heard of a generator? ;-)

GC, you just confused to technologies. They use thermal imagine to find the lights in grow houses. They use a different technology from the air to look for the pot's signature pattern of reflectivity. So it's not that the outdoor pot is giving off heat, it just reflects light differently than many other crops.

Gadfly Gadfly
Sep '14

I just would never use something that loud if I wanted to stay hidden

Brad2
Sep '14

Wow, so now there's a total of $175,000.00 reward the information leading to his arrest. Damn...I wish I was skilled. Why don't they send the navy seals after this guy? Someone with highly skilled training. He has no professional military training..just re-encactments of war play
http://abcnews.go.com/US/eric-frein-manhunt-slowed-explosives/story?id=25865819

villani villani
Sep '14

$175k? Time to go hunting. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Information leading to his arrest? I thought they had visual sightings of him on a regular basis? How much more information do they need?

As for Navy SEALs... the military is not allowed to conduct operations on American soil to enforce U.S. laws... Posse Comitatus, it's called. That's the job of law enforcement and sometimes the National Guard.

Maybe they should send JohnC and the 27th Regt. New Jersey Vol Infantry Civil War Reenactment Group in there to get him.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

Calico--this is the first time Im saying, get the guns out. Open season on a*holes!

Sep '14

Umm, now there's a music video..the only thing interesting about the video is seeing photos that I've never seen of him before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTDe2YkRD0&feature=youtu.be

villani villani
Sep '14

Sick!

Sep '14

"Calico--this is the first time Im saying, get the guns out. Open season on a*holes!"

No, guns are bad. They have no place in a civilized society. All of these police are baby killers with small genitals. If they were real men they wouldn't need guns to fight back.

After all, you recently said yourself "I personally dont see a need for a gun. Hunting, NO. Protection, no."

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

I'm having a real problem with this. Why can't we find this guy? He leaves diapers all over the place. The media said he is a chain smoker. Can't we smell it? If he is a chain smoker wouldn't he need to buy cigarettes and lighters? I heard on Fox News that this coming Saturday is Deer hunting season in this area. What are we doing about this? A bunch of hunters in the woods with guns, a maniac in the woods with guns and the police in the woods with guns. This is a disaster.

Singlemaleinnj Singlemaleinnj
Sep '14

Never trust the media!!!

Booster90 Booster90
Sep '14

Damn... This guy is John Rambo....

metsman metsman
Sep '14

" A bunch of hunters in the woods with guns, a maniac in the woods with guns and the police in the woods with guns."

It's archery season...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

Are they using dogs to sniff him out? I know the White House has a couple their not using, seems to me they could loan them out.

auntiel auntiel
Sep '14

The state police found pipe bombs in the woods. Hunting season in that area isn't going to happen in all likelihood.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/09/pipe_bombs_found_in_eric_frein.html

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

And with that said the deer are taking a HUGE breath of relief...lol

villani villani
Sep '14

Not if they're next to a pile of Frein's dirty diapers, they aren't... (-;

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

No wonder the hunters bought all the Kleenex tissues in Shoprite.
Pretty ironic, n'est-ce pas?

happiest girl
Sep '14

"And with that said the deer are taking a HUGE breath of relief...lol"

Don't worry... muzzle loader and rifle seasons aren't far off...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

The Monday after Thanksgiving is actually a "holiday" in PA. Schools are closed for opening day of rifle season.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

PA doesn't have shotgun season?

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Sep '14

You better hope the medical staff doesn't have Monday off.
Get ready for blown off toes and broken bones.
Hope they're smart enough to take their medical cards with them.
Ha-ha.

happiest girl
Sep '14

Maybe it's rifle/shotgun combined. I don't actually hunt, so I'm only going by the season "titles" which specify archery, muzzle loader, flint lock, regular firearms, or nothing specific.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=576240&mode=2

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

In Pa. Deer hunting has to be a single projectile in the gun.

Shotgun must be loaded with a "Slug" or as are called a "Pumpkin Ball"

Good for 125 yards with a rifled barrel.

Embryodad Embryodad
Sep '14

"Pumpkin Balls" are one type of slug. Just a round lead ball - nothing fancy. They say these are good for dense cover as they're less prone to deflection from small branches, etc. Not sure I've ever seen these for sale anywhere...

Sabot slugs, from a rifled barrel, are the most accurate for long ranges. Rifled slugs (Foster type) from a smoothbore are probaby good for 50-100 yards (but the "rifling" on the slug doesn't impart any spin on the projectile - it's there to accomodate the choke diameter of the barrel).

Rifled shotguns/barrels are pretty much dedicated for hunting. Smoothbores are the jack of all trades.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

The 27th NJ is ready ianimal! :)

John C John C
Sep '14

........oh, our's is rifled and can put a 12 lb solid shot ball 1 mile down range within 12 inches to the target. Not bad, right Mark.

John C John C
Oct '14

Let's see you fire that from your shoulder, though... ;)

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

The rifling on slugs doesn't impart spin? Huh. Ya learn something new everyday.

gadfly gadfly
Oct '14

Yep. There may be a tiny bit of aerodynamic spin, but it's pretty much just for a gas seal and to make sure the slug will shoot through a cylinder bore or swage down for a full choke without binding.

It's probably not desireable to use slugs with a full choke for accuracy, velocity, or wear issues, but it's likely "safe" to do so (barring any manufacturer warnings for the specific firearm or ammunition).

If you want spin stabilized projectiles for long range shots, you'll need to use a rifled barrel with sabots or an actual rifle. Probably not a big deal around here where most shots are ~100 yards, but if you're out west a shotgun isn't gonna cut it for ~500 yard hunting.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

Shotgun/rifle season for deer run simultaneously in PA. There are different restrictions regarding each depending what sector you are hunting. I'm fairly certain that the section where the fugitive is rifle only. I'd have to ask the hubby, since sometimes I'm only half listening to him. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

i'm sorry, what'd you just say . . . . . . . . .? are you still talking?

been married a long time have you calico ?

nj doesn't allow hunting deer with rifles, only exception is for black powder or "muzzle loading" season, although you can get breech loading black powder rifles that you can use.

i always thought that in Pa you can't use buck shot for deer season, you have to use one of the slugs that mark pictured above in your shotgun.

johnc - i want one of those rifled cannons. it's on my bucket list

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

Hmm, didn't know you can't hunt with buck shot in PA.

I've got buck shot at home, but for a different reason...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

MarkMc-you are correct. I did say guns are bad. Hunting, NO. Protection, NO.
By hunting I meant animals. A*holes are OK. ;)

Oct '14

Wouldn't that fall under "protection"?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

Calico696 - PA has so many caveats it will drive you crazy. They do not have a rifle vs shotgun season for deer. It's called "firearms" deer season and you can use either, as well as a pistol, muzzle loader and bow all at the same time. Archery and muzzle loader have additional seasons but they can still be used during the full "firearms" season. However, as suggested there are certain types of ammo needed. Buck shot is not allowed except in the Southeast Special Region. They have a special "Philly" (5D) season where you can't use a rifle, you have to use a shotgun, but buckshot is allowed. Unless you're in the Philadelphia area of 5D which is archery only. There are also areas that start earlier than others because they're considered over populated. (and 3D is one of them) And there is the whole issue of antler vs antlerless. Some areas just don't allow antlerless, others do but it's a different time, while some have antlerless the whole regular season. In all cases you need a separate license for antlerless.

GC - Now I know why I stopped listening to the hubby halfway through. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

The Monday after Thanksgiving wasn't always a holiday in Pa. Back then, most of the boys took it off anyway. The only discussion about it the next day was "did anyone get a deer"?

Calico696 - Exactly. That's the "short" version. I didn't even get into the Junior Hunt. ;-)

Upstate NY (Catskills/Binghamton and west, except maybe the "urban" districts) all the schools are closed the Monday before Thanksgiving for deer season. Some school districts just close for the entire Thanksgiving week so that kids can hunt with their families all week. When I lived in upstate I always thought it was strange to have all this time/days off - being a Jersey girl I wasn't used to that. But then they think it's funny that we have off for Jewish holidays!

ss2cats ss2cats
Oct '14

Ok, so I hate to say this but this is kind of embarrassing now for the police force. They still have HUNDREDS of police force searching for him within a 5 mile area (according to the last report I read) and they are still "hot on his tail", a comment made weeks ago. I can't even imagine what this is costing the taxpayers. This is costing a fortune to keep these hundreds of officers out there day and night. I say these hundreds of officers need to go and bring in the professionals. People who know how to track and are trained for this....the police officers clearly are not. Is this guy even in the area still?? He could be long gone. Last "sighting" of him was a week ago.

villani villani
Oct '14

What professionals are those? The FBI? Or, the Civil War Re-enactors?

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

The dude from E. Stroudsburg, with the FB page that was linked earlier in this thread, posted that shots were fired on 10/3. I guess they didn't amount to anything.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1118463798&fref=ts

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

I assumed the FBI was already involved. I can't imagine that it's still just local law enforcement looking for him. And I guess if it was my son or husband or brother that was shot and killed I wouldn't care what it cost. Find the guy before he kills again.

"And I guess if it was my son or husband or brother that was shot and killed I wouldn't care what it cost. Find the guy before he kills again."

But, if it were your son or husband or brother that was shot and killed, do you think that they would expend 0.001% of the cost and manpower they have expended so far to find his killer if he weren't a cop? I think that's the part that rubs some people the wrong way.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

"And I guess if it was my son or husband or brother that was shot and killed I wouldn't care what it cost."

The difference is the police wouldn't send out a 1,000 person manhunt for your husband or brother. You'd get a file folder in the cabinet and if something pops up they'll call you.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

"The difference is the police wouldn't send out a 1,000 person manhunt for your husband or brother. You'd get a file folder in the cabinet and if something pops up they'll call you."

Very true.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Probably all true. Sad but true.

Very true

Oct '14

Reports are he might be in Serbia

Tiger townie Tiger townie
Oct '14

The difference is he is already proven to target cops indiscriminately, and will likely do so again given his propensity to do so, at least until he is apprehended or destroyed.

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

Bruin, I believe the point is that there's no difference between indiscriminately targeting police and indiscriminately targeting your son or brother, other than the elevated level that many assign to police in our society.

justintime justintime
Oct '14

Exactly justintime.

Let me know when there are month long, no expense spared, elbow to elbow sweeps for the suspected murderers of everyday residents in Newark, Chicago, etc. I won't be holding my breath (and a heck of a lot more people have been killed in Newark and Chicago in the meantime.)

We saw the same thing in the Dorner case... they are out for retribution, not justice.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

And using our tax dollars to fund their revenge. The justification is always that "if he'll kill a cop, he'll kill anyone"... when in actuality, the reverse is true. Frein had plenty of opportunity to kill civilians and chose not to. But he's a dude with a beef and not the best case study. Most copkillers killed to avoid being arrested and sent to jail for life. They aren't going to gratuitously kill civilians, because that would alert the cops to where they are. There's no logic to the argument.

I'm not saying that cops should be murdered, far from it. But in the rare instances when they are, they shouldn't be allowed to embark on a month long multimillion dollar revenge hunt on our dime, either.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Oct '14

Can I offer you all some cheese to go with your whine. You would be complaining if they didn't go after this nut job and now you're complaining that they're spending too much time going after him. LOL!

Redwing
Oct '14

You do realize there is a whole lot of space between *not going after him* and *spending millions of $$ and all available police resources with heat seeking helicopters and armored trucks and skid steers to turn over every rock in the Pennsylvania wilderness multiple times*, don't you?

I bet if Joe Plumber was killed they'd simply post a few signs at trail entrances saying "Have you seen this man?" and maybe assign a couple of deputies/detectives to handle the tip lines.

By the way, plenty of NJ tax dollars are being spent here too...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

Maybe he is in NJ. The Delaware river was so low near the Bushkill and Walpack bend area it wouldn't have been too hard to get across.

A good day
Oct '14

No... Redwing, but now if one of our family members gets killed and they don't devote a thousand troopers to it for a month hunting down the killer...THEN we'll have a reason to bitch. What do you suppose the odds of that happening are?

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Oct '14

I am saddened by the obvious dislike for law enforcement. Makes me wonder what you did to make you so defensive. I know that a vast majority of troopers are volunteering their time and not getting paid in dollars but in camaraderie with their peers. On days off, they volunteer for their "brother" as you would probably do for your own friends.I pray they get this loser very soon....Hopefully he kills himself and I don't have to see my tax money used for his defense. You cannot defend the indefensible.

sientje smith sientje smith
Oct '14

A good day - Anything is possible, but the car was found in the completely opposite direction for NJ. Either he had another car and is in Montana or even further away, or he's exactly where they have him trapped.

Judging but the slow trickle of information about his activities the night before, they have loads of unreleased information and are afraid Frein is listening in. Tomorrow's new conference may confirm more, but chances are there's going to basically be no news until he's either caught or they give up.

"I am saddened by the obvious dislike for law enforcement."

Are you saddened by law enforcement's dislike for everyone else, since they don't expend this level of effort to find every murderer?

How about all of the other day-to-day police activities that are undoubtedly suffering due to fatigued or unavailable officers? Do you think the response time for your home break in or car accident is going to be the same when all of the cops are either in the middle of the woods or sleeping after working 40 hours of overtime?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

The cops should call this guy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brown,_Jr.

https://www.trackerschool.com/

Wow you people are unreal. The police spent all kinds of time and manpower on the DC sniper. It got more national press because he shot at civilians. Why would they do that for civilians. Oh yeah its their job and so is a guy who is trying to kill them.

justpassinthru
Oct '14

"Why would they do that for civilians. Oh yeah its their job. "

If you can't see the disparity between how they are handling this *single* murder with how they handle a typical *single* murder, with the only difference being that the victim here was an officer, I don't know what will help you.

There is always an elevated response to multiple or serial killings, but I'd wager that the response here surpasses even that of the DC situation.

Is a convenience store clerk or school teacher, for example, any less of a hero to their family or students where their murder shouldn't warrant the entire police force dropping everything to scour the earth looking for the killer?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

"I am saddened by the obvious dislike for law enforcement. Makes me wonder what you did to make you so defensive."

Or what was done TO someone. Not that a cop ever did much directly to me, but I take offense at the general abuse of power and the general attitude that being critical of any cop anywhere is instantly an attack on all cops and they must stand together and fight, even if the cop they are defending is totally in the wrong. (That's brotherhood for ya!).

I'm friends with plenty of cops, but don't ever say a single thing negative about a cop, even if it's one who beats their wife and uses their status as a cop to keep things from being reported, because they will defend him just the same! It's amazing and scary at the same time.

Brendan Brendan
Oct '14

There are good cops and bad cops, but part of being a *great* cop is calling out the abuse of power or outright crimes committed by others in the same uniform. Sweeping it under the rug and covering for your "brotherhood" is only marginally above committing the actual offense yourself.

All citizens should expect a higher standard from these *public servants*. They have enormous power (up to and including killing you) with little repercussion for misuse of that power, no matter if it's intentional or negligent. (Example - go look at pictures of the flash banged baby after SWAT team kicked down the wrong door. No charges. What would happen if I maimed your child?)

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

No disparity that I can see. The DC sniper was on every nightly news. They had tons of cops working it like this sniper in Pa. You for some reason dont like the cops obviously. And anyone who says their "friends"with someone and talks about them like this is not a friend; or more importantly does not do something to stop abuse is just as bad. If they are volunteering their time then thats their choice.

justpassinthru
Oct '14

I don't understand these "you all hate cops" comments. Is everyone supposed to pretend that abuses don't happen, or that favoritism doesn't exist? And because someone wears a uniform does that mean that they have special rights and privileges outside of their job duties? I don't get it. Remember, remove the uniform and law enforcement are people too, not Gods to be worshiped without question...

justintime justintime
Oct '14

Wow, reading comprehension, much?

I said compare this to other *single* murders, and you still insist on comparing it to the DC snipers. The fact that you still see no disparity makes it worse. The DC snipers killed 10 and wounded 3 people, and were continuing to do so, creating an imminent risk for the entire public. Frien, to this point, has shown no intent to harm any other citizens. I think he should be caught and tried, but I expect he will be summarily executed in the forest.

"Cop haters" are no worse than "cop defenders" who think the boys in blue (actually camo now) can do no wrong even when presented case after case after case of abuse of power or excessive responses. I assume you also thought it was OK for the cops in LA to darn near assassinate the paper delivery ladies because they were driving a truck that only marginally looked similar to the one the suspect was said to be in?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

there is some sort of a family relation tie in to this case, it's not just 'random' or 'coincidental'

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

"cop hater" or "cop defender," I think this is a complex issue requiring a broader choice of descriptors.

However, if one wants to keep it simple, cops should be like the nation's top cop: NYPD Commissioner Frank Reagan. He knows when to hold em, knows when to fold em, he's true blue (blood) but willing to let Danny do a little waterboarding when appropriate. Walks softly but carries a big night stick.

"Being safe can cost you something but it beats the hell out of the alternative."

Oct '14

Of course, we all know the picture the ladies see in their heads when they watch Blue Bloods.

Oct '14

Nope Mr. G I will take him older and wiser, don't need the younger version when the current one works so well. LOL!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '14

At least Tom Selleck supports the 2nd Amendment, unlike most Hollywood hypocrites.

He's also on the NRA Board of Directors, so I'm sure mistergoogle hates him by association.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

"He's also on the NRA Board of Directors, so I'm sure mistergoogle hates him by association."

OMG, I just choked on a drink of water.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

I don't watch much TV at all but am now hooked on the Blue Bloods program. I love how the entire family is or was somehow involved in police work....even Grandfather.. Tom Selleck is still in my eyes a great actor and... albeit a bit older a very handsome man.

joyful joyful
Oct '14

Well, shut my mouth and call me silly :>) And you thought you choked, you should see a picture of me!

At least I said Frank Reagan not that other guy.... Guess it shows while Tom is frank, Frank is certainly not Libertarian Tom.

But it did make me look at the NRA Board --- there's a rogues gallery.

Oct '14

There was a sighting of Frein on Friday.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/10/eric_frein_spotted_in_all_blac.html

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Yea, yea...that was on Friday. Still no capture. At one million dollars a week this sure is one expensive fugitive. Apparently, he was five miles away from where the police were concentrating their search and were "hot" on his tail.

villani villani
Oct '14

I hope he don't head to NJ. We cant afford it. Tell him to go to the Catskills.

Old Gent Old Gent
Oct '14

+1 Old Gent....lol

villani villani
Oct '14

Oh hum! I read that the taxpayers have spent 7 million dollars so far on this guy and are averaging around 1 million a week. 1000+ cops out there. This is getting ridiculous. Like the gentleman being in the interview said, they need to get professional trackers/survivalist out there and not cops who are used to writing traffic tickets for a living. They clearly don't have the skills to apprehend on guy.
http://news.yahoo.com/schools-closed-ambush-suspect-search-area-114855934.html

villani villani
Oct '14

"Oh hum! I read that the taxpayers have spent 7 million dollars so far on this guy and are averaging around 1 million a week. "

It's amazing what you can spend when all you have to do is bump up the tax rates in 2015 to cover the difference.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

Perhaps they should just pay him to come out. Like here's $1M for your family if you give yourself up.

Oct '14

7 million dollars..i bet 2 million was spent on donuts...............................

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Oct '14

News said woman spotted him and a cop spotted him near a school,but still no capture. I dont get it.

Oct '14

Can we get a Airborne/SEAL/Delta Force type group that needs some training time to come in and hunt for the guy?

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Oct '14

tunnel rat - Have you been following the reports? The town and civic organizations have been donating all the food.

botheredbyuu2 - You're right. If the report that he was at PM East, then it's clear he's not out to get away. The school is adjacent to the State Police Barracks. If he made it outside the circle they were supposed to have him in, he could just as well have grabbed a car and be in Canada by now. If the report is true, he's getting ready to make an attack on the barracks. But if you ask me, the report was so sketchy, made little sense, and could just as easily be one of the state troopers doing rounds at the school since that's a short walk.

If they saw him, why didnt they catch him?

Oct '14

Hope this man finds a good lawyer...

http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20141020/NEWS/141029919

av111ks av111ks
Oct '14

From the article...

“I will break you right here. What is your name?” the man asked, while still driving a knee into his back, Tully said."

That's our professional police force right there kiddos. Hey, at least the officer made it home safe that night... if it has to take a few bruised ribs on an innocent bystander, so be it.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

They said the 2nd officer was shot in the groin. What if he really shot the officer in the groin 1st on purpose and the other officer came to his aid and was shot and killed.

luckystar luckystar
Oct '14

And you wonder why some people have a bad taste in their mouths about police.
If they would do their job right, they would have caught Frein by now.

Oct '14

botheredbyuu2 - "They" as in the police? The report was from some passerby at the school, not law enforcement. They didn't think enough to just go over to the barracks and say so, but went home and called it in. Search turned up nothing.

Everybody knows how to do SOMEONE ELSE'S job.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Oct '14

Tully should be driven to and fro work by the police until Frien is caught. Then he should file a civil suit against the dirtbag that bruised his ribs. The trooper seems to have a Rambo mentality.

jerseycash5
Oct '14

Jerseycash5...couldn't agree w/you more!

av111ks av111ks
Oct '14

GC-umm.....yes! The report said a policeman saw him outside the school!

Oct '14

jack booted thugs wearing no id or badges driving unmarked cars terrorizing an innocent man who is trying to earn a living.

that's government overreach for sure right there.

no name on the thug-officer, no markings on the silver vehicle, no accountability at all.

i hope this victim of police brutality finds a good lawyer pro bono to vet this out and identify the thug-policeman

we should not tolerate this kind of abuse

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

+10000 BD

Oct '14

botheredbyuu2 - The report says:

"A woman reported spotting Eric Frein Friday night in a wooded area near a Pocono high school with his face covered in mud and carrying a rifle, Pennsylvania State Police said Saturday."

It's not the police who saw him, it's just the police telling that to the media.

GC - There was another reported sighting on Monday by a local law enforcement official.

"In the latest reported sighting, a local law enforcement official is believed to have spotted suspect Eric Frein near the Swiftwater Post Office on Monday, leading to an intensive police search. The post office is less than a half-mile from a high school, junior high and elementary school campus.

"He lost visual contact with the man through the woods," Trooper Tom Kelly said Tuesday morning. "A search of the area was conducted but no one was located,"

The sighting was three days after a woman said she saw Frein near Pocono Mountain East High School."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/21/police-report-possible-new-sighting-ambush-suspect-eric-frein/

BLD - Thanks for the link, that was exactly my point. The policeman's sighting was at the PO, not the school. And the school sighting was a lady, not a policeman. Don't want to mash everything up.

Thank you BLD. Like I said, police spotted him too. Where doesnt matter. Point was if police spotted him, why couldnt they capture him. Dont split hairs, GC.

Oct '14

GC-umm.....yes! The report said a policeman saw him outside the school! _BBYU

GC wasn't splitting hairs he was just pointing out the police spotted him at a different location than where you said. it's called getting facts right.

darwin darwin
Oct '14

"Point was if police spotted him, why couldnt they capture him."

Their eyes are longer than their arms?

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Location wrong, my bad. AGAIN, point was if they saw him, why couldnt they capture him. Ummm.....they have cars, off road vehicles. Just poor police work, IMO. (Am I allowed, CS) lol thought GC was female. Sorry.

Oct '14

Updated article regarding James Tully and looks like someone set up a Go Fund Me page:

http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20141022/NEWS/141029803

http://www.gofundme.com/jamestully

av111ks av111ks
Oct '14

and another Go Fund Me Page here:
http://www.gofundme.com/g43pg8

av111ks av111ks
Oct '14

How on earth would you know it's poor police work? Were you there?

FYI, GC is a woman, not a man...lol

villani villani
Oct '14

My apologizes GC. I default to "him" if Im not sure. :)

Darwin Darwin
Oct '14

That explains the love of pickles.

Oct '14

villani - I guess I'm the last one on earth to know despite my anatomy. I think my mother is going to be somewhat quizzical as well...

I wondered also. GC. You are so informational on so many different subjects. Nice to know you, Madam !!

Old Gent Old Gent
Oct '14

Old Gent - thanks for saying so, but please call me "Sir" as a 100% male. That way my mother doesn't have to come over to your house and correct your error. I'd really hate to think of her potentially using the words required. ;-)

I am sorry I miss under stood Villiai's post. Now I got straitened out by word of mouth. Sir!!! .

Old Gent Old Gent
Oct '14

do we now have to add our gender to our screennames? lol

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

Don't worry GC, many posters have thought I was male. Probably the beer, football and guns. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Poor guy in Pocono's keeps getting stopped for looking like Frein. Poor guy has to walk five miles to work, the last stop was a unmarked SUV, rifle to the head, and knee to the back when prone on the ground.

There's a fund started to buy him a car; got 13,000 so far.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-pa-eric-frein-manhunt-tully-20141021-story.html

http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20141023/NEWS/141029738

Oct '14

Hmmm, are you off your A game Mr. G? av111ks posted about Tully and the fundraiser yesterday. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Hangover after sharing beers with NY doctor at bowling alley in Brooklyn.

Oct '14

No MB, just what is being reported.

Calico, you're not a guy? Wow, shocking to know (Lol) ;)

Oct '14

calico, you're a chick? you always been a chick? right from the get-go? no surgery or nothin'? you sure? huh . . . .ok then, . . . if you say so . . . . .

gc, funny how it appears sometimes ain't it ? question for you: GQ or mechanics illustrated? (you don't have to answer)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

They need to bring in Canada's royal mounties,they would find him in hours.P.A, troopers just know interstate roads and tickets.They are only allowed to search in groups.

Whatup
Oct '14

Love all the critics here, yet not ONE of them has the cojones to be the one going into the woods after this guy. Talk is cheap.

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

"yet not ONE of them has the cojones to be the one going into the woods after this guy."

You'd be more likely to be shot/killed by a cop than Frein if you were to do so.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '14

I've always thought of GC as a great MALE chef ! Calico, not surpised that she's a woman, really more shocking that she's an accountant !

hktownie hktownie
Oct '14

htownie - Now I'm curious. Why is that? Because accountants are nerds and I'm super cool? ;-) LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

i always thought that nerds were pretty cool

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Oct '14

So right, Mark Mc.

You seem cool not matter what Calico. Lol (PS:I knew she was female. I was just joking with her).

Oct '14

Another sighting yesterday (Tuesday 10/28).

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/10/possible_eric_frein_sighting_r.html#incart_hbx#incart_best-of

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

I'm beginning to think this guy doesn't even exist... Every time they say the word "sighting" I laugh, who is this guy Bigfoot

Booster90 Booster90
Oct '14

He's probably 1000s of miles away, reading about himself being "sighted".

Oct '14

i saw him and mantis man throwing the football back and forth to each other when i drove past the wawa store this morning.

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Oct '14

They caught him

Booster90 Booster90
Oct '14

http://6abc.com/news/sources-suspected-cop-killer-eric-frein-captured/373904/

Nosila Nosila
Oct '14

Another defective removed from society. Thankfully nobody else was hurt/killed by this maniac during the search. I did not have a good feeling this would end without further bloodshed. Glad I was wrong.

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

I am very glad they cought him and no one else got hurt in the process. And also very glad they never stopped the search!!!!!!!! Hats off to all who made this happen!!!!

Shady Shady
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.