Sticker for Pick Up & Thrift Shop?

1. Where do I go to get a sticker for a big item pick up?

2. Is there a thrift shop or consignment shop in town that will take some clothes for money or is it all donation?

Thanks in advance.

The answer to #1 depends on what township you live in. (not the mailing address which is just the PO handling mail, but where your taxes go to) Some townships have no such thing and have no such pickup. Others do, and that depends on what the item is.

For #2, there are two consignment shops Me To You and Re-Style plus G&G's may buy used clothing. Mostly if not all women's clothing if I understand, and probably only more expensive brands are worth anything. Otherwise you can try doing a yard sale, and then just donate.

Or you could try selling on the local Facebook garage sales if you're ok with that kind of thing. Not for everyone but I've sold and bought from them with no problems.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '14

I live in Hackettstown. Do you know if they do a pick up? I don't know how else to get rid of. I don't have a truck

You can also put things on H'town Life classified or freecycle or Face book garage sales.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Nik - Schedule of events and pick-up procedure is on the DPW Page -
http://www.hackettstown.net/department-of-public-works/

trekster3- trekster3-
Sep '14

You don't say exactly what the big item is. If you live in the Town of Hackettstown, the DPW will collect "white goods" at the curb meaning stoves, washers, dryers, and hot water heaters at no charge. Just call for pickup. If you have a refrigerator, freezer or A/C then you need to buy a $25 sticker from Town Hall on Stiger St. to cover the cost of the freon removal. Anything else is between you and your trash hauler.

Full info on the town web site in the DPW section:

http://www.hackettstown.net/app/download/1495821/D.P.W.+2014+Schedule+of+Events.zip

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.