Haircuts for infants

weeanimal is about 7 months old now and really overdue for his first haircut. The comb-over is past the opposite ear, lol.

Does anyone know a place that will first even cut an infant's hair and secondly do a good job at it? TIA...

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

Hillcrest Barber Shop

tidy
Sep '14

Next door to Nicolosi's Pizza?

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

save a heap of money and just trim it yourself.

2 cents
Sep '14

They used to make scissors specifically meant for cutting infant's hair; instead of pointed tips they had what looked like little balls at the ends of the blades.

Of course, this was 30 years ago, but I imagine there must still be something similar.

Do it yourself, it's not like he's going to look in the mirror and criticize your tonsorial skills.

JerryG JerryG
Sep '14

It's not him I'm worried about; it's his mother, lol. Not a job I'm going to undertake.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Sep '14

save a heap of money?? I don't think iphone-imal is looking for Ted Gibson to give his kid a haircut. most places around here are around $10 for kids. we just went to Jacks and i held my kids on my lap.

darwin darwin
Sep '14

If you are willing to take a short drive, there is a place in Rockaway in back of the mall, neat the Target store that specializes in kids cuts. I'm not sure of the name, but they are very good with kids. My grandson was petrified to get his hair cut. He was so hysterical he threw up. But they didn't blink an eye and did a great job. It was a bit more money, but not terribly expensive. They are really good and very patient with kids.

Tanya Tanya
Sep '14

Yes, it is next to Nicolosi Pizza.

tidy
Sep '14

Oooh yum. Get a slice of Sicilian while you wait. :-)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

I just took my son to Lisa at Turning Heads for his first cut. Although his a bit older than your son, he's 20 months. Anyway, she did a great job and it cost $10.

jrsemom jrsemom
Sep '14

Tanya, I believe the name of the place you're talking about is Snip-its. I just took my daughter there for her first haircut and they were amazing!

EG1982 EG1982
Sep '14

Flowbee!

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '14

Snip it's in rockaway by the mall is great with the little ones. My son loves it

I work at jacks scissor wiz in Hackettstown. I would gladly cut his hair. My hours are monday 12 to 530. Wed thurs 830 to 530 fridays 830-7 and saturdays 730 to 5

Kelly Beck Kelly Beck
Sep '14

ianimal - I have a nice pair of clippers and some blue hair gel. Bring him on over.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Jack's is great for the first hair cut - my son went there for all of his cuts once we moved into town - he went there up until he married and moved away last year....

trekster3- trekster3-
Sep '14

Jacks is where we took our grandson! BUT he was 2! He sat like a big boy I want to see all this hair ianimal pics please?

Christine Christine
Sep '14

7 months? good luck. lol

littlelu littlelu
Sep '14

Try SnipIts by the Rockaway mall. They cut nothing but kids' hair so they are patient, kind, and do a good job. They will make it fun and distract him.
Good luck

Natalie Natalie
Sep '14

Both my boys have ALOT of hair so i know what you are going thru. With my 1st son, starting at 1 year, I tried a bunch of places: Bobs on 46 in allamuchy, Old Tyme on 46 in independence, Jack's scissor wiz on main st, hair place next to cvs, my salon, and they all were not horrible but I always found things wrong and i had to fix it anyway not to mention with cut plus tip it was $15-$20 each time. My kid's hair grows so fast I'd need it cut every 4 weeks to stay neat. Long story short I bought a buzzer and now do it myself and get it done by a professional on special occasions.

My advice, do it yourself at this age. At 7 months he most likely is taking naps or falling asleep in your arms after his night bottle? Take advantage of this time and snip the out of control pieces that are bothering you. Or if you found that you missed a piece, do it when hes in the highchair after he ate. Use the baby hair scissors that have the bulbs at the ends. This is what I did until mine was a bit older for a professional. If you do go to a pro, don't go to snip its. Not worth the drive and money for a boys haircut. Also wherever you go, call in advance and ask for someone who is good with a child that young. Also search the forum for old posts, there may be some on this topic to give you more ideas.
Good luck!

I wanted to recommend Snip-Its but the past year or so my son hasn't gotten good cuts there. He had stick straight Latin hair and though he did have 1 amazing haircut there, the rest have been " little boy layer cuts" and look choppy in a week. I can do a better job myself but he probably wouldn't let me do it. Good luck!
Anyone know a good place for super straight boy hair cuts?

Blackcat Blackcat
Sep '14

Jack's on main street Hackettstown!! Kelly Did a great job with my 2 year old's hair!!

Momof2boys
Sep '14

Any other place (besides snip its) where the salon specializes just with kids? Where they can sit on animals, watch cartoons, etc...?

missy3571 missy3571
Dec '14

For kids, in Flemington

http://hairflairnj.com/kids-cuts/337252

Heather, the owner of Spike & Pixie, does a great job. It's a kids' (and adult) salon on Rt. 57 in Stewartsville. My wild child sat perfectly for her for her first haircut a few weeks ago. I was astonished!

http://www.spikeandpixie.com

LittleWing LittleWing
Dec '14

BUCCI barber shop, Main Street Hackettstown. The owner Jimmy is great with all kids!! He has been cutting my boys since they were 6 mo old!!!

H town poppy
Dec '14

Just went to snip its..Its cute (just for kids which is nice). The haircut itself is ok,i would go back if I was in the area anyways but I would not make a special trip. I'm trying spike and pixie next.

missy3571 missy3571
Dec '14

Jack's scissor wiz in hackettstown is where I had my daughter's 1st haircut. Pictures and everything. Highly recommend them!

if I only knew then if I only knew then
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.