AAA Membership

Instead of asking for road assistance on a forum I urge a AAA membership . I think I pay about $130 a year for Premier . In the long run its probably cost me more than calling on my own but the peace of mind is well worth it.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

we need a whole thread about this.

Firefly Firefly
Sep '14

At least its an educational thread Firefly ! Was that you stuck in the parking lot ?

jerseycash5
Sep '14

no but had I seen someone needing help with a jump I would have gladly helped. I have towing on my ins policy and on my phone plan.

Firefly Firefly
Sep '14

Well good for you.I also give jumps when I can but if you can afford a cell phone and a car you should be prepared with a road assistance program.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

AAA removed a nail and plugged a hole in my tire in the driveway in the rain- paid for itself (my relief and peace of mind) that night

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

I have AAA, well worth the peace of mind it gives me.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '14

As a member of the AMA (motorcycle, not medical) I couldn't pass up the additional roadside assistance coverage they offer for a whopping $0.

Unlimited service calls and I think 30 miles of towing for any car, motorcycle, or trailer I own. Unfortunately I've had to use it twice on my old truck for a dead fuel pump and a broken brake line that left me stranded.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

Not only does AAA membership provide road service, you also get discounts on hotels and lots of good stuff.

Go on their website, I've been a member for 30 years.

http://www.aaa.com/scripts/WebObjects.dll/ZipCode.woa/wa/route?area=JoinSEM2&skin=JoinSEM&$P&OVMTC=Exact&site=&creative=30573692987&OVKEY=aaa%20membership&url_id=185738343&adpos=1t1&device=c&gclid=CP_F3Iz6w8ACFUoS7Aod-G0AXg

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '14

We tend to buy cars used and keep them forever. My girls will know how to change a tire if need be, but they will have AAA to start out with for my peace of mind, because chances are my 13 yr old will end up with a 6 year old car as her daily driver. Oh, and my AAA membership saves me on my cell service among other things!

trekster3- trekster3-
Sep '14

Never had AAA and luckily have never needed it. I have had roadside assistance through my auto insurance for the last 10 years or so. I'm not even sure how it works as I have never had to use it.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Cut the slackers a break. AAA may have been a great deal two decades ago bur not now. For much less you can have it added to your insurance policy for minimal money if you so wish. And the discounts for hotels don't look like that great of a deal anymore the last time I looked at it a few years ago.

I don't have it.
I do have Road Assistance with my auto insurance (I think it was $4.95/year) I used it a couple of times once for towing and one for a jumpstart.

The good thing about AAA is that it covers you in any vehicle, so if you use other vehicles it helps...

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Sep '14

I also have roadside assistance through my auto insurance. It's a $1.00 a month but is only good for my and my husbands cars. I used to have AAA and used it a couple times but I don't feel it's worth the expense when there are much less expensive options.

jrsemom jrsemom
Sep '14

Many car companies have roadside assistance included when you buy the car. Worth a look. Mileage limits before charges kick in might be greater as well, they were in my case.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Sep '14

I used AAA just last week stuck on Route 1 Florida Keys at 5:00 in the morning in the pitch black with a tire blow out. Worth the price for that rescue alone... Forget about changing the tire myself, a cop and the tow truck driver needed a special bar to get the tire off the car.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '14

I have lost money on AAA over the years.

But when needed:

PRICELESS

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Sep '14

AAA the smart thing to do is get it I used the tow service 5 times last year and it cost me 100 bucks for the membership

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Sep '14

I never had it. I couldn't justify it. Most of my cars, I could walk away from and hitch hike including the one I have now.

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '14

AAA hotel discounts and other discounts used to be tempting. Nowadays if you hit the right website or coupon site you can get similar deals if not better and not pay annual fees.

When your auto insurer gives roadside to you for free or at least cheap, I don't think AAA is worth it.

I had to use AAA and they were great when I needed them but if I used them once in 3 years, I paid like $400 for the tire change. I stopped them recently.

Havent used the auto insurance Roadside yet, hopefully it is decent.

TM

Troublemaker Troublemaker
Sep '14

For me AAA is national, my insurer is only NJ. AAA has always been pretty darned prompt, just not sure I want to risk that with my insurer. Just FYI.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Sep '14

You jinxed me, locked my keys in the car when I got to work this morning. Glad I had AAA...last time I did that without AAA it cost me $75.00. I have roadside assistance with NJM, I will have to see what it covers.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.