Bergen St./3 Accidents/Emergency Services

In the last few years there has been 3 accidents involving Service vehicles such as garbage trucks.
These vehicles have backed into cars and trucks causing serious damage about 05:30 in the morning. Just a week ago another vehicle has been hit and damaged with loss to the owner.

The Railroad sent a letter that all service vehicles such as propane , garbage, fuel oil and material delivery were restricted from pulling down Bergen St. They must back down the street.

An emergency took place with the First Aid Squad and the road was blocked off again. This happened a number of times.

The new by-Pass for Bergen St. will only make more problems.

This must be looked into and corrected.

Most of the time in the winter, it is only a 10 foot road to get in and out with no place to turn around. Emergency vehicles will be stranded and someone can have delayed response to the Hospital or Fire Equipment may not be able to make the turn with the new plans.

Consideration should be taken place to widen the road and allow vehicles to pass through.

There are over a dozen families and homes on Bergen ST. and they will all at risk.

I hope the Hackettstown Fire Dept. looks into this hazard. The Hackettstown First Aid Squad should share feelings with this hazard.

Development is good for our town but we do not need a hazard developed out of this project.

Mr. Rice please work with an alternate way to keep this road straight so we can have emergency services.

The Transmition line has a 50 foot right of way to service M&M and that must be kept clear.

Remember, we only have one way out and one way in.

Resident of Bergen ST. Charlie

Charlie Charlie
Aug '14

Charlie, does the right of way affect if one can build or change the access? Also does the railroad own the property Bergen street is on or does the town?This may affect how a new road will be created.

If you would like to reach out to Mr. Rice contact me, I have his contact info, email and cell phone.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.