Downtown Hackettstown shops closing

Just moved here a few months ago and in that short amount of time, 3+ downtown places have closed down. Nice to see a few open up, but it seems more are closing than opening. Is this a trend or do you guys think the for rent places will be rented and turned into new businesses? Or is the Shop-Rite to Walmart area of strip malls putting them out of business?

I see that Target has been looking for new (presumably chain) retailers and restaurants to come to their plaza too.

Abonnet Abonnet
Aug '14

This is by no means a new phenomena. In a book entitled "Historic Main Street, Hackettstown, New Jersey", there is documentation of 19th century businesses lasting as little as 3 months and throughout the 20th century lots of businesses came and went. Some businesses have staying power while the majority have a finite span. And it is not just the economy. Personal reasons, relocation, and in some instances a business testing a satellite location that does not work to their satisfaction. Finally, this is not just Hackettstown - by and large the same holds true for Main Street U.S.A.

wcguy wcguy
Aug '14

oh Abonnet, don't worry - (Oh and this is the Trading Posts umpteenth Big Closing Sale - the furniture store is closing but their appliance and Mountain Ave locations will remain open) - But, there's some great things starting to happen - with the new restaurants that are doing very well, it will draw others businesses - and with the Manskirt Brewing opening either late 2014 or early 2015 we've seen a lot more interest in our little town.

The biggest problem is that people will use any excuse not to shop at our local stores, mostly being time. Everybody is rushing to the next best thing.

But really, we're seeing some very good things happening and many of our good locations do not stay vacant for long. And some of the long-term vacancies are now getting snapped up.

The good news is we have a LOT of businesses that have been successful for decades and have experienced wonderful growth.

People who know me well know that I'm almost always Miss Roses and Sunshine, but there are some interesting things in the works that I'm very excited for!

trekster3- trekster3-
Aug '14

trekster - what are the cheap easy ways a small business can advertise and get the word out? you had mentioned this in another thread without detailing them out, and i would honestly like to know what you were referring to as easy, inexpensive marketing tools/methods for a main street business?

main street USA is in trouble all over the nation, walmart, amazon etc, have economies of scale that mom and pop will never be able to compete with.

they have differentiate and then clearly communicate a value added service or experience that an impersonal big box store can never offer.

can't wait for the new micro-brewery to open, i plan on buying this growler thing everyone is talking about and getting it filled,

is it just me who misses the old Bach's drug store ont he corner? i thought they did a good business there??

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '14

BrotherDog - to name a few off the top of my head.

Twitter

Facebook

HackettstownLife

Hackettstown Patch (they've had some recent glitches with their upgrade, but should be okay now)

Donate to local groups that ask

Offer your shop for Shop (not just Dine) to Donate

Get involved in BID Events (if a BID member) many of them like our Farmers Market were FREE to BID Members

Offer to be a ticket selling location for any Community Events in town like Golf Outings, Runs, Tricky Trays.

Send information to ME about upcoming sales or special events, surprisingly very few do. I can't share the info if I don't have it.

Oh and if you're having an Anniversary or other honor received publish a Press Release with an appropriate photo.

FYI - Help with all of the above is available at the BID Office and we regularly remind the businesses :)

For those that don't know Trekster3 = Wendy @ HKTWN BID

my email at work - staff@hackettstownbid.com

Hope this helps out anyone who need it (not just our members)!

trekster3- trekster3-
Aug '14

Is Hackettstown BID in touch with other BID and COCs around NJ? Seems they could learn what the best practices are for running successful events. Denville has a nice downtown and Denville's Chamber of Commerce runs wildly popular very well attended events/sales all year. Hackettstown B.I.D. should try copying ideas that work well in other towns.

Downtown Shopper Downtown Shopper
Aug '14

Downtown Shopper, Absolutely we do and not to worry we have some very interesting things in the works.

We're very happy that people come out for our recurring Events -
8th Annual Fall Street Fair - Sept. 14th
2nd Annual Small Business Saturday / Shop Small Week - Nov. 29 - Dec. 5th
9th Annual Hometown Holiday - Dec. 5th
7th Annua St. Patrick's Parade - March 15, 2015

Our newest event the Autumn Lamplight Dinner - Sept. 8th

Looking into some fun events for 2015 that both the Community at large and the shops can benefit from.

FYI we also maintain a FREE webpage for each and every BID business on our website - as long as they let us know of any changes, we can make them very quickly.

www.HKTWN.com

Wendy @ Hkt BID Wendy @ Hkt BID
Aug '14

"The biggest problem is that people will use any excuse not to shop at our local stores, mostly being time. Everybody is rushing to the next best thing."

trekster3 - What do you mean with that?

town resident town resident
Sep '14

Until they change the parking problem, people just keep going by,been this way along time.That seems to be the biggest complaint,I wish someone would get together with the town.Why would the town raise the fine for parking,makes no sense.They should be glad the people took the time to stop in.Cute town, but way behind the times! Really think the town likes it this way,keep it small,until you need something,then have to leave town to get it!

What stores are downtown anyway? I know the church's thrift store, the bike shop (I see it when cross Main Street from High St) the kids consignment store, and a couple others but that's about it. Are there new stores opening up? Sorry to say I just never see a need to check out downtown. And this is not a negative comment, please don't read it that way!!

Denise Denise
Sep '14

The problem is the price of Rent, our cute little Main St. buildings are owned by ????. Not by local anything. Yes there are a few, but they also occupy there own businesses. It's been that way for a years and years and years. It's that way everywhere,

auntiel auntiel
Sep '14

+1 LoBo, parking and the rules will always be an issue.

Hack in town Hack in town
Sep '14

Yes I agree with Denise. There are no stores worth shopping in and they're also too ethnic. All due respect, but I'm not about to shop at a place that caters to Mexicans, Columbians, etc. And Lord knows we don't need another nail salon!

America America
Sep '14

Here's what I think... the 8 latin restaurants that exist from the Hess station to Tickners /railroad tracks are getting tax breaks by the local or federal govt. Outside of Topo and their thai restaurant Panden room every other one is perpetually empty.

Can anyone explain this to me? The owners don't even get their own ethnic people to eat there because Latin American are the dining out type - this is a socio-economic issues...but let's not get into that.

How do they stay open? Why do we continue to let these establishments take up space?

Why did Cara Mia (a great Italians restaurant) that was always busy close when these places continue to just languish?

Ralph515 Ralph515
Sep '14

The town did not raise the parking on their own. NJ got involved and made them raise them!

Sport
Sep '14

I'd bet money that it's the illegals living on the streets. I still go down there, mainly for books at the book shop or batteries and such at Hometown Hardware. However, this might be putting people off, and a few businesses have become the illegals' shops. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes El Hackettstowno Trading Posta.

LngVly22 LngVly22
Sep '14

Hold up . . .there's a book shop?

Challah Challah
Sep '14

Good grief!

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '14

Wow Ralph's post might be the dumbest thing I have read on HL!! 8 Latin restaurants in town?? Please name them cause there are only 3: Ashley's, El Paraíso Salvadoreño, and Churrascaria. And Churrascaria is packed most nights and is usually by reservations only. So where are the other 5 supposed Latin restaurants in town??

Darwin Darwin
Sep '14

I'm speechless at some of these comments ....

Missrx Missrx
Sep '14

Sport, wouldn't the state only have a say on the state road (Rt 46)? Side streets and town lots could be whatever fine (or free) the town decides.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '14

And I will never understand the parking complaints. There are so many parking lots if you can't handle parking on main st. And I would bet if you counted your steps from the parking lot to the store you were going to it would be the same steps you would take to walk from your car in the walmart parking lot to its entrance.

Darwin Darwin
Sep '14

I've eaten in Ashley's at least twice a month since they opened and I always see Latinos eating/getting take out there,the owners are very nice people and the food is great and lots of it.....this coming from an American born and bred in town.

Ha!Ha! Challah, I was thinking the same thing!

To be quite honest this is the first time I've heard of the restaurants Darwin mentioned lol! except for Ashley's and that's only because there was a menu in my mailbox one time.

Guess I need to visit downtown more often:)

I think I'm ok with "Ralph" , "America" and "Lngvlly22" not visiting Main St

Darwin Darwin
Sep '14

Mark, I agree, evidently a Judge decided that those old handwritten yellow tickets they gave out were not enforceable. Thus the Parking Authority had to decide whether to remove the meters or go to the State's Ticketing System. There was a thread earlier in the year about this. Search Parking Tickets and you will find IIT under Parking Authority news.

kb2755 kb2755
Sep '14

I have attempted to shop Main Street a few times but have run into the stores not being open during their posted hours. One store was to be open until 7pm. Arrived at 5pm and it was closed. Another one was to be open until 5pm. Arrived at 3pm and it was closed. No sign stating "on vacation"', "back in 10 minutes". Very frustrating. I will not go back, a waste of my time.

happycamper happycamper
Sep '14

I agree, happycamper. I encountered the same thing. It is very frustrating. I work long hours and refuse to chase someone down to give them my business.

We really miss Cara Mia which was a very good Italian Restaurant ... I never understood why they closed because they were Busy, not Empty. The closing of Cara Mia really stumped us!

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Sep '14

+1 Darwin

Gadfly Gadfly
Sep '14

JRT get a group of friends together and go check out churrascaria. Bring an appetite, rodizio style serving which means they keep bringing u different meats until you tell them to stop. Can try them all or skip some if you want.

http://www.letseat.at/churrascariahackettstownpaladar

Darwin Darwin
Sep '14

I love the used bookstore. It's called Selling Tales and it's conveniently located right across the street from Town Nails where I get my pedis. The woman who runs it is very nice, so I go there quite a bit. I also like the food at Ashley's and do see Latinos in there and ordering take out. I would frequent these places more often if they were closer, but it's a 25 minute ride to H'town for me, so not so convenient.

H'town people don't realize how lucky they are to have as many choices as they do. Here in Oxford there is only one place to get dinner and that's at the golf course, Apple Mountain. Other than that, we have Carol's Coffee Cup for breakfast and the Busy Bee (convenience store at the gas station) for food options. Not so appealing.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Thank you Darwin! That would be a new experience:)

Denise and America - what about other clothing and/or consignment stores in addition to Thrift store as a shopping experience? I do not see them much ethnic neither.

Also, what about the recently closed handmade jewelery/accessories/soap and etc store? Or the eccentric home decor store that moved out of Main st?

Downtown checker Downtown checker
Sep '14

I am always surprised to hear that most people that live in town do not walk it and discover places. I walk town at least 2 times a week. Mostly 4. That's how I get my exercise. I go into stores, window shop and do errands, get lunch, get dog food, look for books, look for some great deals at some thrift shops, pick up an ice cream cone. get prescriptions, buy some cards, buy a bouquet of flowers, get my dogs groomed, sell some old broken jewelry, go to the gym, hit my tax preparer, get pool chemicals, Christmas decorations, get some decorating ideas, haircut, get a pedi, buy some fresh vegs and some great fresh chicken, go to the post office, Get my bike tuned up, Get some bagels, pick up some dessert, get gas, and whatever I missed.

I know I have said it before the more restaurants a town has the more successful the town. We have a wonderful array of restaurants. Most towns are not so lucky.

Darwin I agree those 3 can stay off of Main St. Be honest how many of you residents actually know what is available in town. My guess from the negative comments above those people have no idea.

Christine Christine
Sep '14

Calico, we just moved to Oxford! I agree. Love our new house, but miss the convenience and diversity of Htown.

Challah Challah
Sep '14

+10 Darwin - they can go elsewhere-

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Just maybe some of the businesses on Main are not lasting because of all of the closed minded people like some of the posters on here.

What is wrong with having an array of different ethnic food and why does it always turn out to be a negative racial issue?

I would be overjoyed if I had as many different ethnic food choices here in Lopatcong..I will just keep scratching my head over these comments.

positive positive
Sep '14

Darwin, I've been to Chuarrascarra and it's very good. In fact my career has blessed me with the ability to travel all over South America, Asia and Europe. My wife and I enjoy eating a myriad of ethnic foods from Ethiopian to Malaysian cuisine. What bothers me is this.. (ok I admit my numbers were off) but that's because there has probably been 8 different latin style restaurants that are either open or closed in the last 2-3 years. Look at where Topo is? What was there before it? A Failed mexi place that lasted 6 months, they didn't even have the smarts to offer simple taco's to patrons. Hell we have a college three blocks away. Instead it becomes some combination platter that's like 10-12 lunch pp incl tip and not even middle class people can afford it. When I can eat at Stella's for $6.00-$9.00. This isn't adding up??? Drive by tomorrow at 12-2pm and tell me how many people are in Ashley's or that one near the pet store. Some of these places have to be a front for some illegal activity or the owners just don't understand how to make a profit.

Ralph515 Ralph515
Sep '14

Please stop, it is what it is ! People can afford to live here,but to get a good job,you must travel, to shop you must travel,if you have a heart attack they air lift you to Morristown,we our behind the times,and the town likes it that way! Walk down town,look around,anyone can see what is going on,the culture has really changed!You know some folks think down town is a little scary, these days!

People, read what some of you have written here...are you really that big a bunch of BIGOTS to come out with some of the postings here???

I eat at several of the Main Street restaurants on a regular basis and have at least two more on my list to try as soon as possible. Quite frankly I don't care if the people eating with me are American-born, Mexican, French, Russian, or Martian. I have news for some of you, being from another country is NOT a social disease.

JerryG JerryG
Sep '14

Parking in the side lots is not as easy as some think; they are tight in the day and dark at night with pretty crusty or non-existent signage for directions. Certainly not "beckoning."

But amazing Ralph and LngVly can even see to count the Latino restaurants while keeping their heads so firmly wedged up there. Blinded by ignorance. Where you see numerous "Latino" restaurants as a monolith, I see a wonderful diversity of anti-fast food places to relax, dine, and socialize. If Hackettstown and its neighbors can continue to support them, I hope we can expand our budding restaurant district from our collection of blooms to a Garden of Eden. The recent street event was the coolest example of what can flower from this (thank you Bid and volunteers). And watch, from a dining district will Spring even more stores catering to folks out for the evening dine n stroll. Perhaps the NJ version of Old Town Alexandria which is nothing more than a Main Street populated 50% with restaurants surrounded by gift shops and other curios.

Wow, Brazilian grill: I am in. Love these places especially when you have a group and want to sit, talk, and laugh all evening long! I mean like 3 or 4 hours. Between that and the Shabu-shabu at Fujiyama and now TOPO; we have multiple evening long restaurant delights.

And as far as the recent TexMex failure, I think these folks have a successful restaurant or two, just couldn't make it work here in that spot in our town, which is a very tough spot to begin with, very small. Many of us loved it. But Jay and co have excelled at making small large, so if anyone can pull it off ----- Shabu-shabu to you!!!!

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Sep '14

would you prefer empty or full store fronts?

empty locations that are being used by entrepreneurial start ups are a very good thing,

i do think we need a strong, consistent immigration policy that actually gets enforced, but at the same time i have respect for those who take a chance and start up a business where they see opportunity.

i don't eat out much, but i think Christine is right; the number of eating establishments does indicate a stronger economy. and that's good for us.

now i do wish we would go after the contractors who pickup the day walkers for under the table sub-standard wages, also using the card check system at the fast food joints to be sure that new hires are able to work legally is a good start.

to me, that's a bigger problem than some of the concerns expressed above,

i love our little town, we have two vibrant radio stations? that's remarkable right there; a craft brewer getting ready to open? that's really good for us here in Hackettstown, hope they produce one brew that helps identify the area and gets picked up outside the region, that would be really cool,

book store is great, the gun shop is great, the bike shop has wide appeal, hometown hardware is a favorite stop of mine, (go there first before you hit Lowe's or HomeDepot, try to support a long time small business in town) we Hackettstownian's have a lot to offer the area, and yes, i wish small shop keepers would try as hard as possible to keep a wholesome discipline about their published 'open' hours, and be open when they say they will, this is really imperative to running a successful business; or at least for the very rare occasion that they can't be open during published times put some kind of notice in the window; like this: "sorry we missed you! Be back @ 0:00 o'clock", and then be sure to be back at that time, or risk losing income and repeat business.

i miss bach's drug store on the corner, and i liked the comic book store years ago. there are other good ideas for small business start up for our main street,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

#1 Main Street issue? Misinformation. There is so much of it posted above it's too long an exercise to even begin to correct it all.

Mr G - They were running four at one time during the two year period El Mejicano was open. The issue had nothing to do with the food including the simple tacos they served, their landlord decided to post a big "FOR SALE" sign in their window. Killed all the business because no one thought it was open any more. BID did everything possible to get them a new location here in town, but couldn't arrange it. So they had to concentrate on their other places.

Sort of like when one of our HLers' posted the Indian place was closing at the end of month might have slowed business a bit: I know I didn't want to get the last piece of murgh..........

Sep '14

There are always going to be people who hate a place, not for what they offer, but because of who is offering it. You can't change them...you can only hope they wither away and were too consumed with their own hate to procreate.

As far as ethnic restaurants go, I hope there is a day where we have nothing but ethnic restaurants. Oh wait, we're already there because all restaurants are derived from some sort of ethnic restaurants!

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '14

and Tickner's, go in there for all your pet food and animal feed needs, family run for how many generations now? (3 that i can recall, any corrections?)

check them out before hitting up the 'big box' stores,

btw, parkng is great at Tickner's , never a problem, it's easy-peasy pulling in and out of there.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

You need to look at the average income in Hackettstown,there is not enough disposable money,plain and simple! Take a look at combined income per house,before you open a business,this way you know what to sell.Why do think Applebe's and Ruby Tuesday, run two for $20.00 menu,they do a market survey,and see what Americans are making,vs expenses.If you have been to Shoprite lately,people are doing more cooking then ever,think before you open! The Hispanic people are very supportive of the new stores they opened, very little overhead with a nice tax break,they should be in the black! Just saying !

How do you figure they have very little overhead?

Lobo - What tax break?? Explain low overhead.

There is not point of asking him to explain... he just rants and rants and rants. No facts, just rants. Usually in poor grammar, spelling and punctuation.

darwin darwin
Sep '14

I am a young mother of a toddler. I live right off of Main on a side street. I walk uptown with my small son without any fear whatsoever. No one has ever given me a hard time, leered at me, said anything nasty, etc. I have never felt like it was a bad place to take my son or felt threatened. I can't believe some people find our main street frightening.

Sandy Sandy
Sep '14

AND how do you know they get a tax break? Lobo has no idea what he is talking about.

I read very recently that no matter what the economy is and peoples income they will treat themselves out for a meal before buying something like a couch. This goes along with the more restaurants in a town the more viable the town. I know this is true for in my household.

There are so many misconceptions on this thread and it comes from people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Christine Christine
Sep '14

Look up the Government programs provided for new business owners,who are new to are country! Now you know why they can stay open,and we can"t.Do you really think that all these gas stations owned by third world people, pay the taxes you pay! The breaks are great for everyone but us,do your homework!

^^ provide a link?

MrCharlie2
Sep '14

Lobo,

If you've done YOUR homework, why can't you provide any backup to your statements?

MB,if you don't know these things,your missing out on a lot,what is there to prove,its all black and white, just look it up! Please come off the porch,buy a news paper,go online and see what the government offers ! Lets start simple,you and I pay taxes,illegals do not,there down town hanging out, and that is ok! If they become legal,and want to start a business,compare you starting one,and lets say a person new from India,starting one! Perhaps a Duncan Donut! Check it out !

See folks. You can learn something everyday. I just learned that I can get a tax break by opening a Duncan Donut.

Man, I feel like I'm in the audience of Oprah. I get a tax break. You get a tax break. We all get tax breaks. (*natives need not apply)

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '14

LoBlo, I'm your huckleberry.

SBA Loan Programs --- don't see no aliens, new, latino mentioned... http://www.sba.gov/loanprograms

There are Hispanic programs just like there are programs targeting many different groups that are part of the American melting pot. But you are right, there are none for racists like you.

Then I went to the SBA recommended grant/loan search website and put in your criteria: http://www.sba.gov/loans-and-grants Knock yourself out; I did not find any.

Meanwhile, one more time. All illegals pay some taxes. Most illegals pay income taxes. Many illegals pay taxes like you but can't get entitlements like you. You ignorance is only outshined by your racism.

Wish you well in your next town but the vast majority in this community does not enjoy these ideas and attitudes.

Sep '14

Wondering if Eats, Sweets, and Treats is still open? I went by around lunch time and it was closed. No sign in the window. No hours posted. Seemed odd to me.

Here you go
Sep '14

People who walk down the main street of Hackettstown and are frightened... Are you serious? Everyone is just trying to make a living and live their own life. They aren't trying to interfere with yours, they won't bother you, so stop being so self conscious. They look at you? Smile. They talk in spanish to their friends near you? They're probably telling their friends about their day. Stop being so judgemental.

It's sad that people are racist at all, but it's just as bothersome that some white people don't like/don't feel comfortable around a particular race.

Just live your life and stop blindly judging these people.

It's sad because when someone from Europe opens a restaurant in the USA (right after they move here), people love it. It's "authentic". It's "real food".

Yet when a Hispanic or African American person, who has lived here all their life, opens a restaurant here, people are extremely judgemental and don't want people to follow their dreams.

After all, the USA wouldn't exist without immigrants.

Abonnet Abonnet
Sep '14

Abonnet,I for one welcome all legal immigrants to this town, and country,and will visit there stores, and purchase,eat etc.I fought for this country,I think all people who enter here should also be made to serve there new country.Don't you agree?Maybe our men and woman could come home from war,and let the new immigrants serve the country they want freedom in.As far as your comment on Europe, they are allies,they fought beside us in many wars,did they not? It is true, the USA wouldn't exist without immigrants,legal ones. Let's get away from all this who is right, and who is wrong,in America we have freedom of speech,that is what's great about this Forum,it is just ideas, good or bad.We don't have to agree with each other,unless your mistergoogle he is never wrong,just ask him!

So, to try and get this back to the original topic -

While you're in town on Sunday for the Street Fair, make sure you stop in at the shops on Main Street and surrounding. Some are having specials and give-aways!

trekster3- trekster3-
Sep '14

"unless your mistergoogle he is never wrong,just ask him!"

well I guess that makes you a racist, fer suuuuure.

certainly your last post was not a turnaround. (pssssst. Germany and Italy are in Europe.......)

Sep '14

"I think all people who enter here should also be made to serve there new country"

Why not all legal residents should be forced to enter into a draft at 18 and selected to serve their country? What makes a person born here in the U.S. less obligated to serve their country than someone who works to come here legally?

I know just as many hard working immigrants as I know worthless native-born people.

As far as legal or not, when this country was founded, it was founded via the conquering of the Native Americans that were already here. Europeans then flocked here under an open door policy for 100+ years. Many Europeans came here illegally (for the time.) Italians were even given the "Without Papers" racial slur because they didn't have legal documentation.

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '14

what sales and coupon offers are out there for main street businesses this week?

who is going to the street fair?

will there be any live music at the fair this weekend?

with tickner's anchoring one end of main street and hometown hardware near the other end, who is going to go shopping on Saturday? it's going to be great weather wise, just good early fall temps. a great time to support local business on our main street.

who's in?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

Hi BroDog - The Street Fair is Sunday from 11 am - 5 pm

Yes, there will be music and also the Cops n' Rodders club will be having a car show. And the bounce houses for the kids.

The only coupon I know of is Luce's Home Decor 20% off --- I know Michael's Salon is up to something, I just don't know what and Homebrew usually is out promoting too. But I'm sure many of the shops like G & G's Big Closet will have specials and/or some kind of promotion.

The Street Fair folks are making sure there are pass throughs to get from the sidewalks to the street fair too!

Hope everyone has a great time!

Sep '14

thanks Wendy - who's playing ?

with a harsh winter scheduled to come early and stay late I gotta get down to Tickner's for some bags of corn to feed the birds with.

also i bought all my pool chemicals at hometown hardware this year, great prices, great service,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

btw, (and i think this has been done in the past), how hard is it for wnti or wrnj to set up a remote broadcast from the street during the street fair on sunday?

that could be a good thing

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

BD Yes, Russ Long will be broadcasting this Sunday.

Sep '14

BrotherDog - If you didn't know you can always get the weekly coupons released by checking out the BID Facebook page. They take a picture of all the specials. I'm not sure but I think the specials and give away's in trekster3's message are above and beyond that.

For one there is the BID's give away:

1st Place - 32” Magnavox LED Flat screen
2nd Place - 19”Element LED Flat screen
3rd – Place – Nook Reader

https://www.facebook.com/HackettstownBID/photos/pb.56089243597.-2207520000.1410533564./10152470660588598/?type=1&theater

Many other specials not in the coupons also listed *daily* on the web site:

https://www.facebook.com/HackettstownBID

I shop most Saturdays because of the market, including regular Godlewsky's and Gil's Sausage. They're great for recipes together. And it doesn't hurt that Demi's retail day is Saturday.

By why let it stop on Saturday? Or Sunday for the Street Fair? Hackettstown is a fantastic place to eat, has dozens of shops that will interest almost anyone, and there aren't some huge number of places closing. But it takes some time to go and actually find out. The Street Fair is a great time to do that.

OH GC that raffle is not the BID's, it's Re/Max House Value's who has a table at the Street Fair, I just shared it...

Sep '14

OK, so noted. Still, it's one of many reasons to go on Sunday!!

thanks for the info guys, very helpful

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

Mistergoogle,hope your going to the street fair, they have vendors selling rose colored glasses. Your post makes no sense?But I respect your opinion ,that is what we do here on the forum! Have a great day, and relax, Whew!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.