The Bridge is Open

Rt. 46

Woo hoo! The crowds go wild!

YEAHHHHHHH

RANGERSFAN RANGERSFAN
Aug '14

Yeah, I was happy about this heading to work this morning:) I was surprised to still see so much traffic on Mt. Ave around lunch time today. It was one solid line from the Shell all the way to KFC. I don't usually go that way, but didn't think it was that bad on a normal day. Maybe people just didn't realize the bridge was open yet.

JRT

Not only that perhaps, but also that the timing of the traffic light went back to somewhere near the old timing pattern so only maybe 5 or so vehicles get through coming from the Mountain Ave. side:-(

Phil D. Phil D.
Aug '14

I was on Mountain Avenue at 3pm today (one would think it wouldnt be very busy then) and the traffic was really backed up heading toward the 5 point light.
Seriously........this needs to be fixed!

mom of one mom of one
Aug '14

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that even after the bridge was reopened, it was going to be down to one lane for the next 10 months. It won't be as bad as having the detour, but it will still cause problems.

Mariann Mariann
Aug '14

I heard that they will still be working on the bridge for the next 6 weeks, but it will be open. There will be alternating lane closures.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Aug '14

Both lanes open today but it still needs work.

The traffic light for Northbound Mountain Avenue is green for ONLY 15 seconds, just enough time for one 18 wheeler to get started and clear the intersection. Not much time too many autos to get through either. Someone has to get to the STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT to look into this. WRNJ has reported that on one afternoon, northbound Mountain Avenue traffic was backed up to the Route 57 intersection due to this poor timed traffic light. TRENTON SEND HELP!

fusselfrei fusselfrei
Aug '14

It really stinks through that whole intersection. Particularly coming up the hill (from the McDonalds), and coming from downtown Hktwn. They need to make another major intersection somewhere else so not all traffic in Hackettstown goes through the same intersection.

Some towns fix this by making two lanes, but buildings are obviously too close to the road. So... this is why I'm not a road construction designer... They do need to figure out something, though. It's just crazy through there.

One thing they could do is make a road by Target to connect to 517. Another is to have 57 have one of their side roads turned into a commuting road(not just a back or side road) to connect to the other side of Hackettstown (possibly by the college).

Whatever they may do (or not do), it needs to be fixed regardless. Lol

Abonnet Abonnet
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.