Indoor swimming pool

My husband and I moved to Stewartsville recently. I've read the local, public, outdoor pool will be demolished. Is there any gyms or other recreational facilities in the area that have an outdoor pool? I don't mind driving a little, but I would like to be able to swim year round if possible.

Rachel Rachel
Aug '14

Lopatcong, which is close to Stewartsville has a nice outdoor pool. I'm not sure about any indoor pools in the area, but you might want to check with the YMCA in Easton.

positive positive
Aug '14

Greenwich never had a public swimming pool as far as I know. The one you're reading about being demolished is probably the one in Alpha, but it's been closed for a decade anyway.

Lopatcong's pool, like positive mentioned, is very nice and they have swim leagues there in the summertime if you want to get your kids involved in swimming. But obviously, it's not year round... I think it's open on weekends starting Memorial Day, and every day from mid-June when school lets out until Labor Day, when it closes for the year.

There is a private pool called Kunuku in Alpha which also operates as a dive shop for scuba enthusiasts. You might try them for your year-round swimming fix...

http://www.kunuku.com/PDF/alpha%20aquatics%20center%2003-22-12.pdf

ianimal ianimal
Aug '14

Thank you both for the useful information. I'll contact Kunuku and the YMCA.

Rachel Rachel
Aug '14

Rachel - there is a FABULOUS swimming pool in Clinton at the Hunterdon Health Center:

http://wellness.hunterdonhealthcare.org/

It's a drive for me from Hackettstown (may be a shorter drive for you?) but it's the only pool around I'll swim in, and when there are no classes, you often have the whole pool to yourself! The Health Center members are generally mature adults (like 50s and up), it's quiet, peaceful, and you don't get the pumped-up, loud-music vibe like at other gyms and health centers. Highly recommend.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

If you are headed west, Bethlehem township, PA has both an indoor and an outdoor pool at the community center. It's not much farther than the Easton YMCA.

Rebekka...I've been looking into that pool in Hunterdon. How long does it take for you to get there?

jaemae jaemae
Aug '14

About 35 minutes, Jaemae, from Mansfield Twp. Worth every minute. Fabulous, clean, new and peaceful facility.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

They have classes for people with arthritis. I've got Rheumatoid Disease and the lovely arthritis that comes with it. 35 minutes isn't so bad. I wonder if my insurance would pay for it? I'll have to call and find out...maybe it would be covered like a physical therapy would be. Worth a shot. Thanks for the info Rebecka!

jaemae jaemae
Aug '14

My doctor has mentioned sending me for physical therapy. I occasionally look at the YMCA in Randolph, since they have a warm water pool and various exercise equipment in the pools. I noticed they do offer aquatic rehab. I have not contacted them yet to get more info. I'm wondering if you need to be a member to go to rehab there. It seems like something different that would be easy on the joints.

http://www.wmaymca.com/training-methods-aquatic-rehab.html

The Randolph Y is about 35 minutes from the Hackettstown area.

Lynnada Lynnada
Aug '14

I was told by my friend many years ago that there is a great indoor pool in a health club on Green or Speedwell Ave. in Morristown.

Where is the YMCA located in Randolph and is there any such facility closer to Hackettstown available? as I live in allamuchy

Bernadette Van Hof Bernadette Van Hof
Sep '17

Centenary.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Sep '17

The YMCA in Randolph is on Dover-Chester Road just North of the rt10 intersection.

Just refurbished the weight room and track and they have an Olympic pool, warm water pool, hot tub and sauna.

USS Nathan James
Sep '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.