Mon. 8/25 PM Rt. 46 Indep. Accident

Was driving home tonight and had to turn around on 46 before Nykun's General Store. Line of police, fire, and EMTs went down the highway to the intersection of Hope Road. Anybody have information as to what happened? Hope everyone is okay.

Mohepinoke Mohepinoke
Aug '14

Apparently a car overturned. My son got turned back too trying to come home from Belvidere.

Funny, after turning around, he ran into a State Trooper down by Pequest and asked if he could go that way. The Trooper said why are you asking? My son told him that Rte 46 is closed up ahead. The Trooper said oh, I didn't know, my radio is broken.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Aug '14

Seen it happen at about 5:30 pm across from the cemetery (east ave) next to peach tree village apt's old ford sedan rear ended a black SUV which ended up flipping over the driver of the SUV was able to crawl out don't know anymore hopefully all is well.

Artem Artem
Aug '14

I was behind that car that was struck and overturned. This is what happened. A car was exiting the cemetery between the cars waiting in line coming down East ave. As the Rav 4 SUV was passing the exiting car it was struck in the rear quarter panel on the drivers side. This caused the RAV 4 to fish tale and as the driver of the RAV 4 tried to right the car it flipped over. Most amazing is the car did not hit any another cars waiting in line coming down East Ave just inches from where it flipped. The young man in the RAV 4 crawled out of the flipped vehicle and seemed to be unscathed(thank GOD). The car that struck the RAV 4 was being driven by and elderly woman who proceeded to continue down East Ave. before stopping about 30 feet from the scene. I then proceeded to go to the end of East ave and Rte 46 to inform the state trooper who was directing traffic of the incident.

D Stewart D Stewart
Aug '14

Reggie Voter

Maybe that's why they're on their own phones so much - their radios are never working - LOL!

Phil D. Phil D.
Aug '14

Is it just me, or are there being two separate accidents being discussed here?

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Yes Calico, they are 2 separate accidents. One was on East Ave, Htown (or Washington Twsp)and the other was Rt46 , Independence. A couple of hours apart. Hope everyone is OK.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Aug '14

I think so... Rt 46 was closed between Alphano and Hope road.

Batman
Aug '14

I think that a fish tail wiggles to propel him, and a fish tale is the story about the one that propelled himself away.

Aug '14

Everyone needs to sign up for Nixel. I get notices from State Police and Local police about these accidents saving time. A lot easier then going on HL looking for answers.

Christine Christine
Aug '14

Yup Christine, we should all do as you say, as usual.

Aug '14

Yup Christine, we should all do as you say, as usual.

Are you being sarcastic? Seriously this forum can be so mean spirited.

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Aug '14

Are you saying that sarcasm is worse than bossiness?

Aug '14

Ok after all that we still don't know what happened in independence

idlechatter idlechatter
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.