Dryer Vent Cleaning

Does anyone know of a reputable company who cleans dryer vents?

Darleen Darleen
Aug '14

Hi. My name is Richard. I do handyman services in the area. I have cleaned several dryer vents as well as other maintenance type of work. If you could email me some information and maybe a picture I could give you a quote. Let me know the location of the exhaust, approximate length of the vent line, town you're in and anything else you can add. Thanks.

Richard Richard
Aug '14

Sears

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Aug '14

Thank you for your quick responses. Our situation is one in which we have to report our maintenance to a condo association, so we need to hire a licensed professional. Richard, I will make a mental note of your name for other purposes.

Darleen Darleen
Aug '14

Is someone really "licensed" to clean a dryer vent. It would be similar to someone that licensed to dig a ditch. Its not rocket science. Its a hose with lint in it.

sack
Aug '14

I understand what you are saying, but we can't argue with the association. They need proof of the maintenance.

Darleen Darleen
Aug '14

Last year I used Ray Brown for my dryer vent cleaning, as required by my HOA. I just provided them with the receipt. They did not require any proof that they were licensed.

Michelle O Michelle O
Aug '14

I use Breathe EZ in Hackettstown. Chris has done my inspection each year for our condo association as well. He is very reliable and does a good job. His number is: 908-850-0601

Puden15 Puden15
Aug '14

I second breathe EZ. He has done the inspection for many years now in our rental condos.

Brandyb Brandyb
Aug '14

+1 Breathe EZ. We also are required to provide a copy of the receipt to the Association. No problems.

diesel diesel
Aug '14

I assume the dryer vents through the roof. When we owned a townhouse the dryer was on the second floor and vented through the roof. The builder put a screen on the vent to keep out animals I guess. It would get clogged on a regular basis and we removed it. I guess they need it for insurance purposes as they can start a fire. What we found out on those new dryers is that lint build s up on the inside also. We bought the Lint Lizard and could not believe the amount of lint that came out.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '14

Just read the Consumer Reports on Lint Lizard and they RAVED. I'm getting me some of that!

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Aug '14

We'll have to check that out, too. Thank you, everyone.

Darleen Darleen
Aug '14

Anymore reviews on the Lint Lizard? I see mixed reviews online. Does it also work in a stackable dryer?

JB0103 JB0103
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.