$250 Reward: do you know who this blue velvet sofa belonged to?

$250 Reward: do you know who this blue velvet sofa belonged to?

This sofa was dumped on local State-managed wildlife land the week of August 10th. This is a very recognizable and distinct piece of furniture, not something you see every day. It was clean when dumped, so until last week it was sitting in someone's home. Do you know whose?

Feel free to email by clicking on the link next to my name. We want to catch the the people who did this. We will not share your information with anyone.

$250 reward for information which leads us to the dumpers.

Helping the Warden Helping the Warden
Aug '14

Hoping you get some leads on this.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Aug '14

Thank you. The local littering and dumping are out of control.

This sofa is very long - about 7 feet - and was likely manufactured in the 50s or 60s.

Aug '14

Do you think any of the thrift stores around, or Habitat for Humanity Used Furniture Thrift store ( Washington) would recognize this sofa and have a record of who purchased it?

Aug '14

Back in my days as a health inspector, I used to reach down between the rear seat back and the base of the cushions to look for any identifying material (and hopefully no used syringes or other detritus.). In fact, I did a lot of somewhat risky things, because dumping really pissed me off.

Though I sometimes found some incriminating evidence, I had only limited success in court.

Of course, when the dumpers were members of our police department, I didn't bother to summons them at all (only caught two, one who dumped a lawnmower crate with his delivery address on it behind a vacant restaurant in town and another who emptied out the basement of the house his son...also a PO......had just bought in town. In that case, there were some boxes among the old paints and pesticides that had the old owners name and address on them.)

Back in the day (80's and early 90's) cops didn't bother concealing things too much.

Hope they catch and prosecute this jerk, though....

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Aug '14

Unfortunately, Habitat doesnt keep a record of purchases.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Aug '14

Where is this?

Booster90 Booster90
Aug '14

Like a poster above, I hope this person is caught and has to pay for this despicable behavior. I wonder if the Warren Reporter or Express Times would write an article about dumping and associated fines when the culprits are caught. Perhaps if the newspapers are contacted they would help. Maybe they would put a picture in the paper of the couch with the caption "Is this Your couch?"

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Aug '14

Really ? Who would admit to owning that eyesore ?

jerseycash5
Aug '14

We are not expecting the DUMPERS themselves to come forward. There are people who might know who they are.

Aug '14

What about contacting one of the more local tv shows in NJ or in Allentown, Pa. Maybe they would be willing to do a segment on the increase in dumping junk all over the place as a community service piece. I'm sure they could come up with a creative way to expose this growing problem in all areas.

Aug '14

The dumper probably owned that piece of furniture for years. Isn't that punishment enough?

Good luck finding the dirtbag.

Gadfly Gadfly
Aug '14

L00KS...like my coffin I bought from Costco.

That's like the couch we bought in the 60's for the Rec Room in the cellar.

When the cats got to clawing that darn thing, it looked like the straw coming out of the
Scarecrow from the movie, the "Wizard of Oz" ...........

Embryodad Embryodad
Aug '14

"It was clean when dumped" ?

LOL ! Sure doesn't look "clean" to me!

MikeL MikeL
Aug '14

Lawrence Welk, obviously.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Aug '14

Just kidding, but for real, it's hard to believe that it was found just like that, with the plastic off.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Aug '14

LOL Reggie, my thoughts exactly. I hope the culprit gets caught.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Reminds me of the sofas you see on the old TV Western reruns. Like the sofas you would see in the rooms of the "ladies of ill repute!" Seriously, I hope the person that did this is caught and punished...

joyful joyful
Aug '14

Looks like something out of the Elvis Presley museum. I hope you catch whomever dumped it ......

Robert Durana Robert Durana
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.