The Strain

I was surprised not to find a thread for this show already on here. I've been loving this show on FX and looking forward to a new episode each Sunday.

I know that it's only a marginally novel take in a vastly overdone vampire genre, but the acting and the character development seems much higher end than most adaptations and without all the homoeroticism (or much, anyway... there's was still the #2 vampire in the smoking jacket with the guy chained to the concrete slab, who he reeled in very slowly; that was a little gay, I admit, lol)

But, I think Corey Stoll is fantastic as the CDC expert on the vampire's trail... I've seen him in bit parts on a lot of shows, but his first real in-depth character that I saw was as the Senator in House of Cards, for which he was nominated for a bunch of Best Supporting Actor awards. He seems to be an actor on his way up and is handling the lead actor transition very well..

The old guy who I suppose is the de facto "von Helsing" of the story has some great scenes as well. A very dry humor that you would expect from someone who has been battling monsters most of his life.

But, I'm really waiting for the "exterminator guy" to get more involved in eradicating the "new vermin". I have a feeling it will be can't miss TV.

ianimal ianimal
Aug '14

I've been watching too, I find it to be a different take on the vampire genre by de-romanticizing it and merging it with a more real world situation of an epidemic where the resulting vampire really is a horrible creature.

I'm just waiting for the ex wife's boyfriend to be turned!!

somechik somechik
Aug '14

I like to take the strain also!

Is it real
Aug '14

I've been watching it too! Pretty good show so far!

Thanks for bringing it to my (our) attention Ian. I'll have to check it out.

Phil D. Phil D.
Aug '14

I like watching the strain also like watching the last ship!

townie14 townie14
Aug '14

It is creepy yet engaging ... Liking the Van Helsing like twist also

good show!

gypsy
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.