Recommendations for tree guys

Can anyone recommend a good tree guy to give an estimate on a lot of trees that need cutting, removal etc. I have an elderly friend in Great Meadows who is in need of someone reliable and honest. Thanks

flubbernut flubbernut
Aug '14

Try advance tree service in great meadows nj

Brenden Brenden
Aug '14

I second Advanced.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

I would not use Advanced. I used him once and he ripped me off. I would try J&R Tree instead.

TheSoundGuy TheSoundGuy
Aug '14

Scotty's tree service. 973-786-2169...he's good , quick and reasonable

Geelala Geelala
Aug '14

Second for J&R 973-691-4567. Also under classifieds here there is an ad for 10% off.

luvlife
Aug '14

Definetly Scotty's tree service. I had them take down 4 trees and they were quick, clean & the best price around.

LuLu22 LuLu22
Aug '14

Sunshine Tree

Jennifer Munoz Jennifer Munoz
Aug '14

http://www.precisiontreeandlandscape.com/default.asp

Area resident Area resident
Aug '14

J&R...awesome

LJRubi LJRubi
Aug '14

looking for free firewood, let me know if you have trees that you need to have cut up and removed; thanks

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '14

Good luck with J&R. Great prices but you'll wait months for
Return phone calls

nutty nutty
Aug '14

@nutty - I had the same experience. Twice they were no shows on the actual work; really nice guys, great prices and if you can get them there....

I had no problems whatsoever with J&R, in fact had my trees taken down 2 days after receiving my estimate.

luvlife
Aug '14

I would also highly recommend J&R tree service. There priceing is great && there quality of service they provide is super great. When they came to my home the ground was a little soft the the rain we had about a month ago. They laid down these big plastic sheets to drive there crane on so it wouldn't leave ruts in my lawn. When they were all finished I walked over to see if the lawn was rutted up && it was like they weren't even hear!

Sunny red
Aug '14

J&R is the best...nice guys, polite, reasonable. Live and work in our community. No problems reaching them, calls were returned promptly and estimate was fair.

acl76 acl76
Aug '14

I also recommend j&r. I called a month ago and the woman in the office picked right up. Price was fair. Happy with the work

ace22 ace22
Aug '14

interesting. I have called J&R and left messages and emails weekly for the last 4 weeks. NOT A THING. No return calls, emails NOTHING.

Wonder what I'm doing wrong

nutty nutty
Aug '14

I used Peterson and sons tree service from Stanhope N.J. years ago was very happy with there work and price.....

I used Joe Tree, as has my neighbor. They're sometimes booked pretty heavily, but have great pricing and will either leave the wood (after shredding the shredable stuff) for you and/ or your friend(s) or will take it all away (more expensive in most cases).

Phil D. Phil D.
Aug '14

Re: Recommendations for tree guys

I just used North Jersey ArborCare out of Hope (908-343-4401). I called them up, they came out, gave me an estimate and references, and my 4 tall trees were down within the week. Even stacked the wood. Highly recommend. Friends have commented on the great price I got for those size trees.

(The picture shows before and after).

Hopeful Hopeful
Apr '16

Call The Timber Tailors at 973-691-2800 out of Stanhope. NJ approved Arborist First Class Tree Climber #21, Insured. Email: Service@TheTimberTailors.com
Web:www.TheTimberTailors.com

I have used this company to cable a maple tree, prune my maples, fix a girdle root around one of them and grind stumps. They always respond to my calls, show up when they say they are coming, clean up after themselves and are reasonable. They were recommended by my pastors wife as being very honest and good. They have been as she said. Another neighbor uses them now also.

After Super Storm Sandy I saw them driving through the neighborhood to check on the trees. When I stopped them they said that they were out checking on all their clients trees. They have three clients in my neighborhood.

Good luck with whoever you choose.

Magpie Magpie
Apr '16

Sorry, I should have ready the last post before posting!!

Magpie Magpie
Apr '16

J&R is great! As mentioned, they are professional and courteous with a very fair price. They have done lots of work for us and we are pleased with it.

LVres LVres
Apr '16

When you guys say fair price what does that mean. I have seen the same tree drop quoted at 250 and 750 for the same tree and same specs on job. Leave wood cut no need to stack.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Apr '16

What about large stumps? I need two stumps pulled out of the ground as the roots are already exposed from the weeping willow trees falling over. I cut the trees up myself last year. Just need someone to come to pull out the stumps. Maybe a handyman will be cheaper than a tree company for something like this?

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Apr '16

J&R The guys are awesome and quick. I was impressed that he was concerned about leaving ruts in my lawn as he had to drive over. So he adjusted his schedule to get me in first thing. While the truck was empty and light. I've used them three times now. Very good.

Grascal
Apr '16

CraftBeerBob - I paid $250 a tree.

I didn't have the stumps grinded, but they also can do that.

It rained heavy that morning, and no ruts in the lawn!

Hopeful Hopeful
Apr '16

Scotty's tree hands down

LuLu22 LuLu22
Apr '16

I also, I highly recommend J&R tree service. Outstanding customer service and there clean up is out of this world. Give them a call 973 6914567

h town man
Apr '16

Also recommend Scotty's - great price, service and most importantly they have been reliable.

North jersey arborcare,Pat is right on with price and quality.908-343-4401

I just had J&R tree service remove 4 large oak trees. They came on time. They also laid down on our grass these large plastic sheets so the trucks don't mark up the lawn. They also own there own crane so they do not have to charge a fee to rent one. There price was great! Highly recommend them.

Dog lover
Apr '16

Porch family tree (201)841-6332 Ask for Ron. He was very reasonable and very good at his work doesn't just to check around

Laraine Kappes Laraine Kappes
Apr '16

Another vote for J&R ..nice fellows, did a great job one some work for us. Neat, professional guys. Came on time very pleased.

Cal76 Cal76
Apr '16

Advanced is most definitely the best. They're understandably more expensive. If you can't afford them then J&R is much better than any of the others excepted Advanced.

J&R Tree always.

blackcat blackcat
Apr '16

Cocaptain was very good and they beat everyones prices. Very clean and trust worthy.
908 246 3826

Painkiller Painkiller
Apr '16

Advanced tree care in Great Meadows. Very professional and fair pricing.

cliff
Apr '16

Advanced Tree Care the owner was on the job knows his profession and has an old school integrity. Gets my vote nice to have work done by someone you can trust.

LitLil
Apr '19

Don’t waste money on a tree service I called and got 5 quotes then I asked my land scaper who was half the price as actual tree crews. Don’t waste money call a general landscaper and I bet they beat any tree company price

J&R They have always been good to me and do excellent work and cleanup.

Grascal
Apr '19

JFG Tree Service is internationally certified, highly recommended.

DeeDubs DeeDubs
Apr '19

JFG gave me a quote last year. It was three times higher than Advanced and 3.5 times higher than Suyker.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '19

I don't like to bad-mouth ANY business but when you come across a company who only communicates via text msg, be a little wary. JFG...These guys NEVER used voice calling with me. I ended up hiring them to trim out some branches and to take one tree down, then grind the stump. Well, they trimmed what I wanted, removed the tree and were paid, saying they will be back for the stump. Was told that they group their stump grinding jobs and knock them all out only on certain days which made sense to me and they would return a few days later to finish the job. After texting a date to return, they never showed up. I went through this three times, taking a day off each time waiting for them to show. They never showed up or bothered to let me know they weren't coming. They basically left without finishing the job they were hired to do. I reached out to them several times to see what the deal was, I never heard back so I just gave up on them. Guess they don't need the work?

NJ Shaker NJ Shaker
Jul '19

you paid in full before the job was completed? Bad idea. For a job that is mostly all labor, you should pay $0 up front and 100% upon completion.

not sack
Jul '19

Advanced tree service. They gave me a great deal, helped me get through the homeowners insurance, and didn't damage my property which was tricky as h€££! It was the best show in town!
http://www.njtreecare.com/

Crystal Cahill Crystal Cahill
Jul '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.