Autumn Lamplight Dinner - Sept. 8th

So, now that everyone enjoyed 'Passport to HKTWN Restaurant Week' (oh and Barbara Biamonte was the winner) - we're coming up on the Autumn Lamplight Dinner - Great Food, Great Music, Cash Bar!

Tickets include the entertainment and all food. Tickets can be purchased at all of the participating restaurants as well as the BID office and you can even buy them online.

We are selling a limited number so you don't want to miss out!

Thanks as always for supporting our great restaurants.

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/news/2014/7/autumn-lamplight-dinner-sept-8th

Wendy @ Hkt BID Wendy @ Hkt BID
Aug '14

Wendy - Ok, I need more info on the particulars than the link provides. What type of seating is involved? What if the weather is crappy? How will the food be served?

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Rain Date is the 9th
Table Seating
Each restaurant will have a table in the tent serving their food. So I guess you can call it buffet style

darwin darwin
Aug '14

Thanks for the info.

Sorry darwin, I guess my seating question wasn't clear. Let me rephrase it. Will it be tables of different sizes with reservations, as in you sit with who you go with? Or will it be large tables where a bunch of people, not together, will sit?

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Thanks Darwin - Yes, open seating (though groups that purchase a table of 10 will be allowed to reserve) and buffet style service. So, you can go back and get as much as you like and try as much of the different menu items as you can, while enjoying the music and maybe an adult beverage to two!

Aug '14

Sounds like a great event; unfortunately, it won't work for us on a Monday night... although, I certainly understand why a weeknight is better for the restaurants involved.

ianimal ianimal
Aug '14

Thanks Wendy. Will there be some sample menus of what will be served before hand?

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Wendy, this sounds awesome. Like Calico said, how about a menu? Would a vegetarian find anything to eat there?

sandy sandy
Aug '14

Sandy YES - I'm also a vegetarian and they are planning dishes for us as well as gluten free.

trekster3- trekster3-
Aug '14

The tickets are selling pretty fast right now - remember you can buy them at any of the participating restaurants, here at the HKTWN BID office and also online.

And exclusively for our friends on Hackettstown Life - this is what the Restaurants are planning on preparing for the night - Plenty of variety for everyone.

If you purchase tickets online, there is a utility to send a note if you have special dietary needs or just call or email the office - 908-850-5004 - staff@hackettstownbid.com

Bea McNally's - Shepherds Pie & Lucky bags
C&L Restaurant - Chicken and roasted potatoes
Charrascaria HKTWN Paladar- Shrimp rice, calamari & something carved
Demi's Biscotti - Assorted Fresh Biscotti
Greene Brothers Coffee -Fresh roasted Ethiopian Yrgacheffe Konga. Medium
roast coffee
Harpers Bake Shop -Cookie platters, mini pastries
(mini cream puffs, eclairs, and canolis ) and Dinner Rolls.
Mama's Restaurant & Cafe Baci- Chicken and Pasta Palma – Pasta with
Sundried Tomato, Spinach & Artichokes in White Champagne Sauce
Marley's Gotham Grill- Cuban pulled pork sliders with side
Mezza House - Meatball skewers & Falafel
Pandan Room - Mongolian beef
Prickly Pear - Braised Beef Short Ribs with Wild Mushroom Smashed
Potatoes
Stella G's - Grilled scallop brochette with peaches ona bed of orzo salad
TOPO - Lemon grass mushrooms

Aug '14

Will tickets be available there the night of the event or do they have to be purchased beforehand? Sorry if this was already stated and I missed it!

I would suggest buying them now. They are selling quickly. Besides a head count for restaurants is important.

Christine Christine
Aug '14

My husband and I talked about attending this, but we couldn't justify the price. There is no way we could eat $45 worth of food each. I hope all that attend enjoy it.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Oh that's too bad Calico... I was going to say we could have a drink together:)

I just purchased two tickets - one for my wife, and one for the maniac that convinced her to marry him.

See you there CR!

darwin darwin
Aug '14

CR - You should have gotten your confirmation email - if not let me know!

Aug '14

FYI - We are starting to run low on tickets here at the BID Office - if you're planning on attending make sure you get your tickets! Either at the Participating Restaurants, at the BID Office or online.

If you've purchased online you should have received an email from me asking if you want to pick-up your tickets or have the 'Will Call' at the event.

We're so excited to see the enthusiasm!

Aug '14

News article on the event.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/food/index.ssf/2014/08/new_foodie_event_14_restaurant.html#incart_river

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Thanks Calico, I hadn't see that!

Aug '14

UPDATE - Tickets are selling very fast and can only be found at the following locations

Bea McNally's
Demi's Biscotti
Mama's Restaurant & Cafe Baci
Marley's Gotham Grill
Mezza House
Pandan Room
Prickly Pear
Stella G's
and the HKTWN BID Office

trekster3- trekster3-
Sep '14

very excited to see how many tickets were purchased!!! This really should be a fun event in town.

darwin darwin
Sep '14

Darwin - thanks for all of your support and hard work! I think a lot of people will be saying they wished they came :)

Sep '14

WOW!! what a success! Enjoyed it very much. So many people and the hardest worker goes to Darwin!!! Poor guy bussed tables all night. My legs gave out and he was still going.

Thanks to all the restaurants for all there hard work! I heard many guests saying they cant wait to go to the restaurants and try more!

WOW! Is all I can say!

Christine Christine
Sep '14

What a great night! Dinner, music and friends all under the stars! Thanks to all the restaurants who participated! Without you, this could not have happened! Also a big thanks to the BID and their committee!

Sport
Sep '14

My wife and I had a wonderful time last night. The food was great, and everyone involved with putting this together knocked it out of the park. Great job.

Ha thanks Christine. I hit 30,000steps on my pedometer app. Everyone i spoke had a great time and the weather was pefect.

darwin darwin
Sep '14

All under the Super Moon! We drove by and the setting looked lovely under all the lights, music was Brown Eyed Girl at that moment.

hktownie hktownie
Sep '14

CR, wish I could have met you. I saw many HL people!

Darwin-like I said last night no need to exercise this week! You were a huge help. Did above and beyond! Wish I could have done more to help but my legs just don't work well like they use to.

Christine Christine
Sep '14

Great night! The weather was perfect sat with some friends, good conversation and met some really nice new couples at the table. Their was one guy I would never invite over for dinner though at the table. I have never seen a man so skinny eat so much. Ha Ha Ha!!!!! I do not know where he put it all! He is my new idol!

HTown LAX parent HTown LAX parent
Sep '14

Good job and thanks for putting it all together. Looking forward to next year.

Derek Derek
Sep '14

Does anyone have pics? We so wanted to go and support the town and restaurants but had a prior commitment. Looking forward to the next one!

SadMissed SadMissed
Sep '14

What a great night! Thanks so much to the BID, Wendy, Christine, and the entire events committee for a job well done. And kudos to the restaurants, too!

Can't wait until the 2nd annual!

Hopeful in H-town Hopeful in H-town
Sep '14

For pics, check the BID Facebook site.

Sad - We just uploaded some photo's from our staff photog Rob Hom - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152472644273598.1073741837.56089243597&type=3

Don't know if that link will work.

Sep '14

Would love to come next year ..... but how was it for a vegetarian?

happiest girl
Sep '14

It was great - TOPO had a Taro loaf, Mezza had falafel, hummus and babaganoush, Mama's at Pasta Palma, C&L had butternut squash - I'm sure I missed some, but it was all yummy!

Sep '14

wow great pics. He did a great job capturing the event.

darwin darwin
Sep '14

Thank you very much, Darwin! I'm glad you enjoyed them! Please feel free to visit my website robhom.weebly.com !

Rob Hom Rob Hom
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.