What HL poster or posters would you want to meet?

Thought this would be fun and interesting and I hope there wasn't a past thread about this.

The first person for me that comes to mind is 5catmom. It seems that we have a lot in common..concerning animals and nature. Also, it seems that we have similiar principles as well. I'm sure many other's will come to mind...

positive positive
Aug '14

Positive - I agree - we sure tried to plan a hike didn't we. We'll meet when you're back in HTown. There are lots of others I'd like to meet - and others I'm just plain curious about.....oh yeah - I am truthful among other things.

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

CBGB, real knowledgeable about music, and also, as I see in the trivia thread, a good baseball fan, too.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

I have met Shadog and Darrin - you guys rock - I would love to meet Andy Loigu since he is a local celeb. and a fellow fat guy. Positive because she has been so sweet. Nosila because she is also an absolute doll and has cute puppies. I have met Christine and she is great people and a pillar of the community. 5catmom also seems like a super nice person - GC I know from linkedin - he is great. MisterGoogle has well thought out spirited debates. OldRed is a vet and knowledgeable -Calico696 - I love the fact that you track everyones birthday! - joyful & Rebecka - you are the best! love you both madly - I am sorry I never met CBEL but helped with her garden -Singlemaleinnj - I feel your pain and your triumphs - I wish you well - Clyde Potts JeffersonRepub iPhone-imal (even though he lives in p-burg - he has cute babies) Gadfly, BrotherDog, embryodad - you have all brought me happiness - please don't hate me if I have forgotten someone - I would love to meet you all! I really don't dislike anyone on here and appreciate all of your contributions.

Skippy Skippy
Aug '14

Very diplomatic, Skippy.

Tell ya what, I plan on being at a place called Home Plate Dairy, Route 57 Stewartsville, on Saturday at 11 am ... some guys from the IRONPIGS will be there signing autographs and they will be raising money for Angels4Mark ...

so many people out there who need fundraisers and all sorts of creative events to raise $$$ to help with their medical bills ... wish I could help them all ... make barely enough money to cover my own bills, (I picked the wrong county to be a local celeb LOL) but at least I can spread the word. God has a plan for me, that's what I keep telling myself.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Skippy and his finance chocodog. Skippy has always been so nice, caring and informative and I'm sure chocodog is just as nice.

Skippy..my daughter saw one of your pics you posted and she instantly recognized you and said that when she worked at the Quick Chek on Stiger that you and your finance were the nicest and coolest customers that would come in.

Hastings- must have a huge heart for everything she does for animals.

Springfever- looks outside of the box and at the heart of the issue..seems to have a lot of empathy and understanding.

There will be more to come....

positive positive
Aug '14

Going to bed now..but just wanted to add that this thread was meant for fun and positive feed backs..not to exclude others and make them feel bad.

Hope it all turns out well. :)

positive positive
Aug '14

You set a good example, positive.

There are those who will insult you, call you a troll, call you passive aggressive, and then call you a whiner when you complain.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Still at it, eh, Andy? Why is it that everyone else can have disagreements and agree to disagree, yet if someone doesn't agree with you, you feel the need to label them "bullies"? And then go on to keep playing the victim card in unrelated threads and looking for sympathy from others? There's a term for that, but I'm sure you don't wsnt to hear it and I would be a "bully" for pointing it out....

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Aug '14

I have met a lot of posters over the years.

Bessie, Clyde, Christine, Christography, Nosila, Lori, JRT, GC, CBGB, Andy, Abbadabba, KimS, Tigerfan, SueR, Just Asking, ianimal, Rebecka, cbel, Hopeful, Gordy, Jag, Bryan, Snoopy, Shoebie, CARNi, Pepper Cat, Predator, joyful, Aquarius, Mommyof3, Brother Dog, Gene, MansfieldMama, Tamala, emaxxman, Tracy, trekster, jrsemom, Coralie, John C, Scoop, Collegeviewrider, Soccrgrl08, Kelleo22 and probably a few others that are not popping into my head right now.

Would like to meet any posters that I haven't met!

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

skippy - Thanks. We almost met while helping on the garden, thanks again for that. You and anyone else who wants to can meet some of us Sunday mornings for breakfast if that fits your schedule. I haven't posted it yet but this Sunday breakfast is at the Mason's near the entrance to the Trade Center shopping just off Route 46 in Budd Lake.

What makes this site so successful is the many diverse stations in life of the writer's. My Daughter was on it, but I was a lurker for 10 years. I would like to meet Calico. Her little weekly questions attracted me to get involved. Then Positive, who seems to be flowing in my foot steps. Then that young High school girl, I forget her name and Skippy, the younger people to get there views of the world. Then all of the others, because I have learned something from every one of you over the years. Thank You.

Old Gent Old Gent
Aug '14

I don't dare make a list, lest I leave someone out. But I will say I'd love to have a beer with Calico and her husband, and I'd really like to meet Old Gent and Brother Dog. There are certainly others, quite a few actually, but I would forget people for sure....

I've only met 3 people so far- Mark Mc. (a shooting buddy), and Lynnada (a greyhound friend, who I knew before the forum). Oh- and I forget his name, but someone helped me diagnose a problem I was having with my car- he had a code reader- that was very nice of him, amd he didn't have to do that. All good peeps, and I'm sure there are alot of other good peeps here as well.

I've said it before, as much as alot of us debate issues, and make each other THINK (which is a good thing), if we met in real life over a beer or a coffee I doubt we would be as contentious as we are here on the forum, and I'll bet most of us have alot more in common than we do differences.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Aug '14

I have met so many people on this forum as Calico has. Alot have become very good friends. All posters have touched me in many different ways from making me laugh to having fundraisers etc. This place has a special place in my heart and always will. Some I knew and recruited. I would love to meet more. Positive always has the best posts! I love people and would like to meet everyone sooner or later.

Christine Christine
Aug '14

Ditto JR. Let's make a plan to meet up soon.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

We used to do Happy Hour meet-ups, which is how most of us met. Didn't matter if you were a drinker or not. It was all to have a good time. JeffRep your comment ( if we met in real life over a beer or a coffee I doubt we would be as contentious as we are here on the forum, and I'll bet most of us have a lot more in common than we do differences.) IS SO TRUE, and I have been saying that for years. Of course there are those that want to stay hidden behind their screen name, so they can continue to make snarky remarks. I have met HL'ers via Breakfast, Ghost Hunts, Dinners, and other things.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '14

Liked your post, Jeff.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

That "ghost hunting" trip to Fort Delaware was the best, Clyde... Reggie and Lurking Abby were a lot of fun.

ianimal ianimal
Aug '14

yes it was.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '14

I know a few but would like to know a few more

Patrick O. Patrick O.
Aug '14

OMG how could I forget positive! you are a sweetie! thanks :)

Skippy Skippy
Aug '14

Re: What HL poster or posters would you want to meet?

Ghost Hunting in Gettysburg this weekend. Too bad the Fort Delaware crew are not here! Hackettstown Lifer's Rock!

John C John C
Aug '14

Correction: "fiance" not "finance" and I did it twice! Shame on me!

Andy, I live pretty close to Home Plate Dairy and go there often..love that place. Maybe my husband and I will try to make it over there this Saturday if he's not working on his car.

positive positive
Aug '14

Remember the thunderstorms that rolled in just as we were leaving? We barely made it off the island alive, lol. Thanks for putting that together JohnC, I'll definitely never forget it...

ianimal ianimal
Aug '14

If someone marries for money, then fiancé and finance ARE the same thing. LOL

At least I know my wife didn't marry me for my money. LOL again.

Don't want to make anyone feel obligated to go to Home Plate Dairy on Saturday, but if you're in the neighborhood and have some time, it's for a good cause. And one of the guys who is supposed to be there led the Blue Claws (Single-A) in homers.

Yeah, Super Star in the making, hopefully. Lord knows, the Phillies need one.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

As per Cbel's (RIP) request to me to start posting on HL as she wanted a few "older" posters on the Forum...I became hooked. I have met so many wonderful people some of whom have become very special friends. Just off the top of my head I have met in person..GC, Mrs. Pipes, Ms Fishy, Bessie, Clyde, Calico, Hastings,Christine, Tweety, CollegeviewRider, Andy, Chickadee, Mindy's Mom, John C., Stan, Abbadabba, Just Asking, Hopeful, Happytobehere, Colette, Peppercat,JRT, Andrew's Mom,just the facts maam, Baci's Mom, Mariann, Mommy of 3, LV Mom of Boys, Sue R, CBGB, Predator, Carney, Brother Dog, Snowflake, Apple, Tracy, Mansfield Mama, jrsemom, Caged Animal, Aquarius and quite a few more.

I would love to meet you all in person but a few that I would especially like to meet would be : Mr. Google, Rebecka, Skippy, Bryan and Emaxxman ....Who knows...maybe I already have!
As GC noted: HL breakfast this Sunday at 9:30 (HL meetup) at Musconetcong Lodge, International Drive, Budd Lake, NJ. They have big, round, "get acquainted" tables too! (Look for this on the HL events calendar)

joyful joyful
Aug '14

The two people that I have "known" the longest on here that I have yet to meet are GC and emaxxman. Would definitely enjoy breaking bread (or destroying a bucket of chicken wings) with those two. GC and I are probably the only two people on here with Venom on our iPods, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Aug '14

i have met many of you in person, some of you i have known for a long time, even before there was a forum. All the posters i have met in person i really like, they are all good people, really nice folks. and it is the reason i moved to a small community. and it was the right thing to do,

i would like to meet some more HLers, and have offered to meet up with some, but they didn't feel the same way. there's nothing to be afraid of, ask anyone who knows me.

i understand that some posters do not want to be seen or known out in public, not everyone is the same on this.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '14

You'll recognize emaxxman, he'll be the one wearing a Cowboys jersey.

So presumptuous of me to assume that (-;

By the way, I'm probably the only DINOSAUR who posts on here. Yeah, I am THAT old.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

I used to enjoy doing the happy hours, but then they turned out to not be happy hours anymore. So I stopped attending.

I just feel that breakfast is breakfast, lunch is lunch, dinner is dinner and happy hour is happy hour. There was, at one point in time, a good mix of HL events so any person could choose what type of event fit their own taste.

To me, happy hour is a group of adults meeting sometime between 4:00-7:00 hanging at the bar having drinks/apps, mingling and BSing. This is how it went for awhile, then all of a sudden there were people bringing their young kids and wanting everyone to sit at a large table where you were only able to speak to those directly next to you etc.

No offense intended, but that's not happy hour to me it's a dinner. It's certainly every persons right to do as they please, but personally I don't enjoy or feel comfortable having a drink to unwind with children around.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

I've met Christine, at her store in Washington...oh yeah, and she cleared out my garage sale at the townwide garage sale in april of 2008!

tripsy tripsy
Aug '14

I've really enjoyed walks with JrseyGirl----on a bit of a hiatus now - but gearing up for fall - any other PV folk want to join in?

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

I had my chance to meet Meister and the Iman but I had tickets to opening day at Camden Yards!

Clyde I've known for many years.

Perhaps we can get together when the playoffs get going in October ... got a feeling the Pirates and O's will be there (if Machado's injury isn't serious) ... Yankees?

Maybe if the whole AL East gets mired in mediocrity.

I teach a Wednesday night class this fall and Fridays are taken up by high school football, but like the Beatles ... we can work it out, we can work it out ....

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Andy: When it comes to Dinasaurs....I have you beat by a mile!!!!
Also forgot one very important HL friend that I have met is now a very special person in my life.....Lady Jayne...

joyful joyful
Aug '14

I've got tickets for game two of the 1964 World Series in Philadelphia ...

anybody want to go?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

If Emaxxman will be wearing a Cowboys Jersey.....Andy...He will have company because so will I!!! I have always been and probably always be a big Cowboys fan.

joyful joyful
Aug '14

Damn, then how will I tell you two apart?

ianimal ianimal
Aug '14

Damn, then how will I tell you two apart?

ianimal

LMAO

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '14

I want to meet all the funny, intelligent, animal-loving and kind people who post! And there are too many to list... you know who you are. ;-)

Everyone I've met from HL has been really wonderful, too. I just don't get out enough any more!

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

I had to laugh at that one too, ianimal!!

joyful joyful
Aug '14

ianimal - Come to think of it, as many times as the two of them have appeared in public somewhere, have they ever been in the same place at the same time?? Do you think?? I'm just saying...

PS. Venom is purely vinyl in my case, not worth digitizing, not on the ipod. Now if you said, Angelwitch you're be right. ;-)

Won't start to name all the great people around here - I know it's almost 200 at this point. No way to not leave someone out. You know who you are. ;-)

i would like to meet pmnsk, 5catmom, spring fever, jr, wild angel, emaxx, zombo, jrt, that civil war guy - john c?, mark mc, firefly, darrin, mg, yf, gadfly and a few others, would like to hook up again w/clyde, bessie, calico, joyful (wit the duke in tow) sue r (who is really nice btw)and a few others i haven't seen in a while.

gc is right, way too many to list out, i probably forgot to add some to the list, like lori73 and happy2behere, positive, skippy andy, ianimal, rebeckka, cassie, peppercat, Aquarius, old gent, that young emily who went away, and many others who i feel i have a connection with now,

i mean we got young, we old and we got in-between all up here tossing it back and forth, and i must say that overall it's a very good experience. it adds character and value to our little community.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '14

I love all of you guys/gals ~ you have helped, supported, guided, challenged, strengthened, shared, cried, laughed, fought, made up, taken time outs, informed, hand held, taken food to/from, helped out, went out of the way for and set straight; myself, and so many others .... this is a good crew & I'm "happy to be here" ~ ;) with all of you <3

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Aug '14

so we need to set up a meet up that really happens - eh?? with name tags?? or HL names

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

Very eloquently put happy2bhere!

I can see myself at a quaint teahouse sipping tea and eating scones (never had them) and enjoying the company of Bessie, joyful and Rebecka.

On the flip side, I can see myself drinking and dancing to 80's music with Calico. Lol!

positive positive
Aug '14

I asked this question a few years ago... Can't seem to find the old thread... It's interesting how it's mostly the same people who everyone wants to meet with a few new ones. I will always regret not meeting up with Cbel when I had the chance :(

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Aug '14

Sorry Htown Mama...I wan't sure if this topic was already discussed before I started this thread. I would hate for it to be a repeat discussion.

positive positive
Aug '14

Cbel was fantastic! She was a straight shooter with a heart of gold that had no qualms in telling you what she thought and why. She always had razor vision, in that she could see into things that were happening beyond the scope of what was shown, and she always knew exactly what to say and how ~ RIP Dear Friend <3 .... you know that whenever we see yellow butterflies we know it's you, right? ;)

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Aug '14

I didn't want to spoil the fun, but it was called "The Face Behind The Name":

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/374715

I remember meeting cbel. She was like the Rock of Gibraltar, and I mean that in a good way.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

I think it's time to get an HL BBQ going for the end of the summer and to bring all these great peeps together .... wadda ya think? ;)

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Aug '14

Oh Tripsy! I have cleared out so many garage sales. Too many to count and remember! LOL

I can honestly say that I have learned a lot from HL! Some good and some not so good things.

I saw a yellow butterfly today up at my Mom's assisted living. It was near a duck on the pond. I immediately thought of Cbel. Miss her................

Christine Christine
Aug '14

joyful - We've already met. Don't you remember this picture?

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '14

I have met many HLifer's! Few I haven't and we are moving out of HTown in a few weeks.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Aug '14

Oh yes, emaxxman.....now I remember!! I was wearing my favorite watch in that picture..

joyful joyful
Aug '14

~ LOL ~ :)

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Aug '14

This is how I feel about HLF posters.

auntiel auntiel
Aug '14

Nice, auntiel! Love the outfits ... I just love that whole era .... but that's another topic :)

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Aug '14

That's alright GC you didn't spoil the fun..maybe this thread was meant to bring forth good memories and possibly bring new and old HL'ers together. Who knows? I'm just glad it's going well.

The intriguing mystery posters are definitely Mr. G and justintime, very intelligent and very different in their own way..perhaps both are enigmatic but have different perspectives.Two very interesting people that I have learned a lot from.

I bet Lobo, even though he is so controversial is probably like a soft plush teddy bear in person. Lol!

Sack and Jerseycash5- Way too funny and I have a feeling that there is a lot more to the them than they let on.

positive positive
Aug '14

I agree with Calico's post above. I really miss those HH's that we had! I have to say that I have made so many lasting friendships thru HL that I will always remember the good! I very seldom even pop in to read anymore. However, this was an important place for me at one time and filled an empty void and for that I am thankful and love you all! I saw 4 people ( in 3 different locations) just today that I met thru this wonderful and wacky forum!

Weathered Creations Weathered Creations
Aug '14

The last post was from Firefly!

Firefly Firefly
Aug '14

hey auntiel - which one are you in the photo?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '14

I have only met one person on HLF and almost met another!
Would love to be able to sit down and chat with so many who have shared ideas and thoughts on so many different subjects. I even would like to meet a few that have gotten on my last nerve and caused me to possibly get " moderated" .
It was all their fault incase a moderator is reading...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Aug '14

They have a moderator here?

I'll quote from a 1970 Paul Simon song ...

"I get slandered, libeled, I hear words I never heard in the Bible..."

It's from the Bridge over Troubled Water album (-:

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Found that song. Since lots of you were not around in 1970 (is Mama's still doing that retro priced pizza thing?) ... this may be the first time you've ever heard it and you may just like it.

Thank you, moderator, for having a sense of humor and believing in free speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx6_0Do0qGQ

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Andy, if you ever get "moderated" you will know because your message will magically disappear. ; ). I think they are doing a good job because one time I thought for sure my message wouldn't last 1 minute and "they" let it remain on the site.

I really should have "moderated" that one myself and taken it off.
Oh well...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Aug '14

Oh I was just reminded by positive I would LOVE to meet justintime. I get a lot of private emails sent to me through HL. He was one of the many that really lifted me up when I was ready to exit HL Forum forever. Very smart person and caring IMO!

Christine Christine
Aug '14

I know Rich, and Bryan but I don't think I ever met anyone else from HL. At least not that I'm aware of.

Denis Denis
Aug '14

I met you Denis. You showed me a few houses last year, but then I decided not to sell:)

oh, and auntiel, would like to meet her as well, i like her style

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '14

That's funny JRT, I'm not sure who you are by the initials, but are you ready to sell now lol!

Denis Denis
Aug '14

Not just yet... lol! but I will let you know:)

I have to say that the people that I have met on Hackettstown life and a bunch of nice people and all have something to offer to our small forum both here and in real face to face meetings blessed be to all

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Aug '14

Merry meet caged animal

Skippy Skippy
Aug '14

Skippy - are you still here? Would like to meet you.............

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

positive is my new favorite person on HL. I'm currently collecting all my spare dryer lint which I'll be using to croche and extra large blanket which will keep me warm on those harsh winter months to come. You're welcome to have a small section of the newly crafted blanket if you so desire.

sack
Aug '14

sack I love dryer lint! Let me know when it's done..I can't wait!

I knew you had heart...

positive positive
Aug '14

Positive - you are everything your name implies. ;-)

GC- Try telling my husband that. He probably wouldn't agree. Lol

positive positive
Aug '14

Over the last couple weeks I got to meet JeffersonRepub and Vic. Both great guys!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

unfortunately I am back in NC - would have love to meet you 5CAT

Skippy Skippy
Sep '14

dang Skippy - but have a feeling you'll return to the area

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

I would also really like to meet Mr. Baci.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Good call Rebecka. Who wouldn't want to meet Mr. Baci???

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.