FOUND Small Tortie Cat now around Willow Grove St.

FOUND Small Tortie Cat now around Willow Grove St.

URGENT Please help me I’m lost!!!!!! Please help us find Ashley

Ashley was spotted last night Thursday 7-31-14 around 6 pm between Hurley Drive and Connie across the street from the Legion Hall. Has anyone seen her???
She looks healthy and not hurt as we have not seen her for a month and a half. We tried to coax her over to us but she ran and she is scared to death of Hava heart traps....Any suggestions

(Reward)Still missing as of 6-2-14my name is Ashley and I have been lost since 7PM Tuesday 4-27-14.
In front of 400 Willow Grove Street (Next to Legion Hall) I am very sweet but very afraid I will only go to my mom.
My mom’s phone # is 908-884-6563(cell) or 908-850-8916 I have a white tip on my tail and one gold toe on my front paw. I was adopted as a rescue; please help me to find my way home.

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Aug '14

Bumping this up. Please go home Ashley! Your mom is frantic!

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Any new sightings? Will be in that area today and will a close look out.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Hi Dansker no the last time she was spotted was by Hurley and connie by the old church on willow grove...We ahve been out since we have been puttin out food and wateri can actually see where she was from my back yard
Please let us know if you spot her near there?

When we saw her she was in a neighbors yard and then ran under a shed. I thought for sure she would come out but she darted out the side and bolted right past me

SOOOO Close

Will be back in the area today. Carry your # with me just in case. Good luck and prayers are with you.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Great thank you so much Dansker

The weather will be a bit cooler next few days. Was she seen morning afternoon or evening. If bring my crochet and oxygen and sit quietly calling her, do you think she will come out? I could then keep talking to her while I call you.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Any news?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Hi Dansker sorry i am at work and could not get online she was seen around 5 pm.
She might i am not sure i didnt think she would run from me when i saw her.

You could try maybe you would be the one that she wold go to.

That would be awesome if it is not too much of a bother

Will be able to go around 430. Have 1 hour oxygen in portable so can stay till 530. Have your # taped to the dashboard and always have small carrier and food in the car. She is a small cat I beleive? Or should I get a larger carrier just in case.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

She is about 10-11 pounds. So I would say small to medium. Thank you very much!! I've been walking around that area everyday since she's been spotted. We sincerely appreciate any and all help!!! Thank you!!!

Bumping this up as I didn't find her yesterday. Got a brief glance of a dark cat tail disappearing behind a shed, but not close enough to see if it had a white tip or not.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Any recent sightings ? Hoping to go looking today.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Gentleman who owns yard she's been seen at said he saw her saturday night run through his yard but hasn't seen her Sunday. Thank you Dansker!

Planning on going over this afternoon before all the upcoming rain. Will try again tomorrow between storms. Maybe with all the rain she will be more willing to come home!

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Fingers crossed no sightings here

Am going to try between storms. Maybe the rain will convince her that it is time to go home. Will try at corner of Connie and Willow Grove.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Plan on going back to Connie today. Please let me know if there have been any sightings.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Awesome thank you soo much...
Any other sightings has anyone been feeding her?

heartbroken heartbroken
Aug '14

No sightings as of yet I will be out tonight around 5-6 again tonight also just going by the church just in case....

heartbroken heartbroken
Aug '14

Just came back no sign....
Starting to lose hope :(

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Aug '14

Don't give up I know of cats who were gone 3 months and suddenly showed up thin and scared, but home. It is cool again. I will go over this afternoon and try again. will go back to Connie as that was most recent sighting.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Didn't see anything yesterday but went earlier than usual. Have you heard anything at all? Maybe I should try by the old church instead?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Bumping this up.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Walked all around Connie, Hurley, Ashley, Carol, and Willow Grove and still no sign. She completely disappeared again. The black cat comes around our house and is making our male cat very angry. We've been also sitting on our back steps calling out her name in hopes it helps her find her way home.
Dawn

We wont give up just frustrated and sad :(

heartbroken heartbroken
Aug '14

Hi
I was just passing by the car lot on East Plane Street & I saw a cat that looked like your cat. I tried to call it but it ran away. I am going to go back and see if I can see it again. The parking lot I am talking about is where the car rental place is.

Peggy Peggy
Aug '14

That's possible, seeing how cats travel. I will also try over there.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

OMG thank you so much a sure sign that it is her is the white tip on her tail and one gold toe on her right paw....Please keep me posted i will go there after work as well

heartbroken heartbroken
Aug '14

No luck but couldn't stay very long. Too hard to breath with COPD. Will try again.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Dansker please dont push yourself your health is important
No luck here neither
Will try again tonight

Am going to ask at the car rental place on East Plane as some previous thought they saw her there. If the other cats have spooked her, she may have gone that way.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Ok great thank you
please let me know

heartbroken heartbroken
Aug '14

Went to the car rental place. The lady at the desk is a cat lover and will keep her eye out.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Saw several cats by the old barn but a dog came by and they all took off. Will try again tomorrow.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

I walk around the neighborhood all weekend morning through night and did not see her. I've met a lot of caring people in my neighborhood that I would not have met if it was not for losing my cat. I am sincerely appreciative of everyone's help and support. I will continue to search for her and pray that she comes home soon. Thank you to everyone!!

heartbroken heartbroken
Aug '14

If you have facebook please post her on this site. I have seen a lot of pets re-united with their owners on this page. One was just today a cat that was missing for I think 3 months (not exactly sure if that's the right amount of time but it was a while ago she ran away) Put a picture of her and where and when she ran away. Never give up hope!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lost-and-Found-Pets-New-Jersey/165544503515421?ref=stream

Heartbroken.... I hope she comes home soon!!! I feel your pain as I am still desperately looking for my Bella. Every time I go down Willow Grove, I look for your Ashley. I was looking for Bella the other day behind Valley National Bank (near the Hess and Shell station). There were several cats I assumed to be feral but looked rather healthy. You might want to check there. Best of luck..... I know how hard this is!

We have taken your advice and put her back on facebook
we were out last night aorund willow grove, connie, hurley and by the church last night no sightings.
Also the red barn by the car rental place and by valley national

Please keep her in your prayers

heartbroken heartbroken
Aug '14

She is constantly in my prayers, as are you. Will keep looking as much as I can. Weather is not cooperating much..

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Bumoing this up.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Any recent news?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

No nothing yet... will be updating flyers tomorrow
Please please pray for her

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Aug '14

Is there a specific time you tend to go looking? Will try to make sure our times are well separated, so we cover a larger block of time. I have been generally going @ 430-5, but can change that. just not noon time

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

We usually go looking after dinner around 5:30-7
Any time before that would be great
We received a call today that she might have been spotted between Carol and Richard in the mornings. It is a big grey house with the large porch that she might be able to get under
We are going tonight between 5:30 - 6 pm
We are going to check tomorrow morning as we are off work
and we will keep our fingers crossed

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Aug '14

Will try to go between 11-2, whenever it's not too wet.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Trying again today. I know she is out there somewhere.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Bumping up.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Thank u for all of your help. Since she disappeared we've been walking from willow grove to five corners down east plain towards Ashley down Hurley towards carol onto Richards n back to Hurley

i really hope she is finding food and water it is way too hot for any animal to be out there...
Please let us know if there are any sightings i will post again on facebook and WRNJ radio

heartbroken heartbroken
Sep '14

Bumping up.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Will try going over to Carol and Richard today around noon. Wonder if early morning (6 or 7) would be good time. Of course I may still be in pjs! I get up early but not dressed.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

No luck during noon hour.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Ugh ok We are going out tonight before the rains come
Thank you for helping

heartbroken heartbroken
Sep '14

Maybe a few days of rain will convince her it's time to come home. I think today will be too humid for me to be out much; had to much trouble yesterday. But will try again tomorrow.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Ok thank you for all your help stay home and rest it is too hot out we r going out later will keep u posted

Bumping up

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Possible sighting on Willow Grove in our driveway around 4:45 am this morning
Praying it was her.... will be out tonight and will be posting more flyers

heartbroken heartbroken
Sep '14

Sorry I have been out of touch. Had to call paramedics last Sunday and just got out of the hospital last night. Should be able to help again by Tues.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Has Ashley been seen near your home again?

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Ashley was in r drive Friday night. Have not seen her all Hoping cooler weather she's comes home

Cannot check area so early. Have too many fur babies here plus TNR colony and move a bit slowly. I should be able to start again tomorrow or Wednesday,weather permitting. Think between noon and 2 ish when things are relatively quiet would be good? Should I stay by Connie and Willow Grove or head closer to Richard and carol? Ideas welcome.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Fingers crossed you are able to catch her soon. Thanks to all trying to locate her.

Nature Lover
Sep '14

Thank you everyone for your help. I am hoping she is staying on our side of Willow Grove. A neighbor said she saw her by the white church again. It's odd because for a couple of weeks we haven't seen her and then out of the blue she's in our drive. Thank you again everyone!

can u set up a humane trap with food?

gypsy
Sep '14

Acutally we have but no success
She knows what they are and when we out them out she is not seen for weeks
She is a very smart little one but she has put on weight

heartbroken heartbroken
Sep '14

Dansker no no it is way too early
If you could keep an eye out over by the old church i got a call last night late that she was spotted by one of the houses by the church and the white littlel house out back. we are going out tonight again. Thank you all for your help and suggestions
Any sightings please let me know or text me at 908-884-6563

heartbroken heartbroken
Sep '14

If she has put on weight at least you know she has a food source. Hopefully the cooler weather will get her to rethink her life style.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Didn't see her yesterday, but could only look 1/2 for 1/2 hour or so. Still get tired easily and o2 was running low. Probably can't go today, but will try again tomorrow.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Bumping up. No sightings yet.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Am going back to the church. Thought I saw a dark cat there, but too far to be sure of the coloring and I don't move fast.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

There is actually a all black cat that hangs out there as well.
My neighbor came over last night and told me he saw Ashley by the hanging tire swing betwwen the 2 trees but then she ran into the brush

heartbroken heartbroken
Sep '14

bumping up.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Has anyone seen her lately? Friend thought she saw her by the old church Early yesterday.

Viking Viking
Sep '14

Bumping up

Viking Viking
Sep '14

We've been searching there n around neighborhood. Haven't seen her in 10 days thx everyone for your help!

Ashley is not home yet. Keep looking please.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

Its been cold at night and i am soo worried for her.
We just want her home it has been way too long
Please let us know if anyone spots her
We miss her terribly :(

heartbroken heartbroken
Sep '14

There are 2 cats on musky ridge drive. Between numbers 26-31 house numbers. One is dark but not 100% sure if its yours.

Cat helper Cat helper
Sep '14

Ok I will come down tommorrow after it stops raining and see if it is her. I would have come dwon last night but i would not have been able to see her much less try to capture her in the dark.
Fingers crossed it is her I am sure she is taking shelter somewhere due to the rain
Thanks for the tip i will swing by tomm late afternoon

heartbroken heartbroken
Sep '14

Did you get to see the cat? Am hoping and praying it was her. Ashley, start cooperating! Winter is coming.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

From what the neighbors on musky ridge one cat is black n the other grey n white. I walked the area n drove around n didn't see her I also check house no 26 n didn't c anything. Thx 4 looking! Dawn

Still no Sightings...

heartbroken heartbroken
Sep '14

Am going to try over by the tire swing today, since that was last sighting and it's somewhat quiet there. Maybe she hung around.

Dansker Dansker
Sep '14

We searched last night by Christopher street and by the hospital then Doctors Park and then back to the church but no sign of her
We are trying to expand our search

Has anyone seen Ashley ?

heartbroken heartbroken
Oct '14

Id be chatting with the people around Christopher St. Hang signs and get friendly with the people. Alot of us dont frequent the forum. Good luck!

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Oct '14

Ok thanks

heartbroken heartbroken
Oct '14

Any sightings?

heartbroken heartbroken
Oct '14

Ashley has been coming to our house again!!! She looks good!! We were in tears over the weekend. She's been at our house at night around 8:45 pm. She is very scared. We were talking to her through our screen door and she kept her eyes on us while eating. When we opened the door she ran. The Have a Heart traps haven't worked for us and when we put them out she completely disappears. She also has been hanging around the abandon church. Any suggestions on how we can capture her would be sincerely appreciated! Thank you!!!

heartbroken heartbroken
Oct '14

I lured a stray cat into my home. It took awhile but I would leave the door open when I was home and feed the cat closer and closer towards in the house. The cat would come in, investigate and run out. One day when the cat came in I closed the door. I would suggest just keeping the door open and let her wonder in on her own.

villani villani
Oct '14

Great advice from villani. I will just add that once the weather gets cooler, she will likely want to come right in to get warm. Sounds like it's just a matter of time now. I'm sure the wait is excruciating, but it really seems like you're doing the right things and making progress.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

I am so very glad she's been seen! Have been ill so couldn't help much lately. The open door to a warm house seems like a good idea. I had one that would come into my garage to get out of the weather. I added bedding, food and water and left the bottom of the garage door open a bit. Eventually she would let me close it after she came in at night, and from there we progressed to into the house. She has been an inside cat for 6 years now.

Dansker Dansker
Oct '14

Unfortunately we live in a row house and have other cats in the house. As soon as we open the door she runs. We even showed her Dunkin, our maine coon, who she loved. She still ran away. He went down in the basement and cried. :( Our back door leads right into our kitchen. We can close the kitchen door and she'll be forced to go down into the basement. We can wait for her down there and see what happens. There are a lot of hiding places. The other cats will be locked upstairs. It would be nice to have a foyer but unfortunately we don't. Thank you to everyone!!!

Is ashley still showing up at you kitchen door?

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

Hi Dansker actually she is but not the last 2 nights. She is very skiddish and nervous she has been eating some dry food and i gave her a can of wet 2 nights ago and she scarfed it down but then she heard a loud truck go by and she took off i was hoping she woudl come back to finish eating but she never did.
She is coming within 3 feet of the back door but as soon as she sees me go for the handle she runs. She is just so close.
We actually ran into a neighbor who is a trapper and has animals of his own. him and his son have been out looking for her as well. they saw her last night under a shed on the corner of connie and hurley.

Any suggestions to get her in the door? Please help
It is getting really cold at night and we are really worried about her

heartbroken heartbroken
Nov '14

I called you earlier and left you a message that she was at my house last night. I didn't realize it was her until I clicked on this thread this morning.
I told my daughter to put a plate of wet food out for her where she had been last night. I'm wondering though, will that discourage her from going home to you to eat? Let me know if you want me to keep putting food out. I was hoping that if we lure her with cat food, we'd be able to let you know when she is at my house. But if she's skittish, letting you know when she is there won't do any good. What do you think?

MomOfGirls MomOfGirls
Nov '14

Hi Momofgirls we actually tried to call u back last night but the phone # cut out as you were saying your phone #.
If she sees food she will eat and look around seems very nervous ands skiddish. I think it is too noisy when she is at the back door since if am right on WIllow Grove. Do you think if you feed her she would come in if it is quieter by you?
I should be home around 8 if you want to text me your # my cell is 908-884-6563.
She might go to your kids, she likes kids and she is extremely friendly and sweet she is only 3 yrs old, we adopted her from a shelter and our Maine coon fell in love with her and is devasted. He goes down in the basement every night and howls for her. Let me know your thoughts....

heartbroken heartbroken
Nov '14

Friday night 11:00 PM. I think I just saw her at the corner of Richard Drive and Hurley. I tried walking towards her but couldn't get close. Will keep a look out if see her again.

I've just your thread, I'm sorry you're having trouble getting the cat. I've had some luck with have a heart traps, put the food all the way in the back of the trap, so that they have to trip it. I found cat food didn't work very well, but bought canned tuna and put some of it on a paper plate in the trap, again all the way at the back of the trap. The smell, should attract the cat. I hope you are able to get her soon. Also for some cats, if you put a towel over the trap, leaving the opening uncovered, they feel safer going into it.
You've probably figured this out by now but, I would never leave the trap open at night, you'll end up trapping possum or raccoon. Good Luck

Also, there is a thread titled 'Cat up in a Tree' on this forum, cat is black and brown, is this by any chance her?

Hello LK Yeah she is a smart and fast little one. She knows what a havaheart trap is and wont come near it. We put one out a few months ago and we did not see her for 3 weeks. Shw came to the back door last night looks like she is starting to lose weight and there is a clump of fur sticking out the side of her neck she might have gotten into a fight. We are very concerned about her. She is very skiddish and any little sounds she bolts....

Thanks for the ideas...I will take a look at cat up a tree

Please pray for her

heartbroken heartbroken
Nov '14

Cali: thank you so much that was probably her she has been around there alot
Thanks for keeping an eye out
We really appreciate it

heartbroken heartbroken
Nov '14

LK i just looked at the other ad for cat up a tree and i do not believe it is her. She was at the house last night about 730 pm i dont think she would be able to make it across town. Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled for little Ashley

heartbroken heartbroken
Nov '14

Ashley has been spotted yesterday morning on my way to work at 4 am in the middle of the street on the corner of connie and hurley. I stopped by her and she ran into the neighbors yard...any sightings?

heartbroken heartbroken
Nov '14

Any up-dates on Ashley? I have been in hospital for 8 days and am completely out of touch

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

Ashley has been around by connie, hurley and Richards. The gentleman and his two sons on Hurley (I believe he is a contractor) has been helping us try to get her. The last time we saw her was Sunday, 11/16 around 10:30 am. Thanks Dansker!!

Dansker hope you are ok?

heartbroken heartbroken
Nov '14

Doing ok. Trying to bounce back. Thanks for asking! Ashley and you are foremost in my heart and mind. Not moving too much yet but working on it.

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

Ashley came to our house last night!!!! She looks thin and very skiddish. She ate 1-1/2 big cans of cat food and dry. I put the food right by our back door and she ate it. We couldn't get her to come in. :(

Someone posted that they have a drop trap - that would most likely work with her --

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Yeah that would be awesome...Does anyone have a drop trap that i would be able to borrow?Please.....

She was at the house last night around 7:45 pm starving she scarfed down a can and a half of food and is losing weight and very scared.
She was right by the back door but i am afraid if open the door even a crack she will run.

Any one please help
If you see her please feed her and i will drop off some cans to you.

heartbroken heartbroken
Nov '14

Am praying so very hard that Ashley comes in! She must be so scared and you at your wits end!

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

Wendola posted that he/she has a drop trap

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

I know its so cold outside, but when she comes to eat could you leave the door open and perhaps she would come in? I only mention this because I had a calico that was a real scaredy cat too and she would escape from time to time; she would come to the door but would run as soon as she saw someone. I found when I left the door open and stayed out of sight, that she would come in. Just a suggestion, hope she comes home real soon.

You said she runs when she sees you reach for the door handle, could you lure her inside to eat though with the door open and the other cats locked away? Just thinking you might tie a string to the handle and pull it closed without having to move very much.

hktownie hktownie
Nov '14

Any news? It would be such a wonderful Thanksgiving if she came home.

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

She came last night ate a full can of food and some dry and hung out for a bit but still skiddish. she came right by the door i have been leaving it open with the inside door locked so she gets used to the door being open. I am going to try a string to lure her in the house she has been about 2 feet away from the door.
Fingers crossed hopefully she will come back tonight.'Our 17 yr old tuxedo has been watching out for her and when i see him gets jumpy i know she is by the back door.

heartbroken heartbroken
Nov '14

I am praying with every bit of my strength that she comes in! Preferably before the storm!

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

Thank you Soo much
She really needs it
Keep you posted

heartbroken heartbroken
Nov '14

Any news on Ashley? I even see her in my dreams!

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

Aww...
She has been around
She was at the house thursday and saturday
She looks ok but still rally worried as another storm is coming
She is very skiddish i am trying to work with her to gain her trust
She coomes up to the back door to eat but she hears something or she hears me crack the back door she is off and running

Trying to work a little patience and work with herso she can feel confirtable.
We see her in our dreams tooo
Just so close
Will keep you posted

heartbroken heartbroken
Dec '14

I walked around the neighborhood around 8:30-9 pm last night when I got home from work looking and calling for her. There was no sign of her. This weather is not helping. One day it's extremely cold and the next it's really warm. I think as long as the warm weather stays around she'll be out roaming. I'm hoping it stays cold so it will encourage her to come home for good. Thank you all again!

No Sightings...Probably due to cold and rain

heartbroken heartbroken
Dec '14

Any Sightings for Ashley
We are worried sick for her
We are going to post new flyers and search the neighborhood today and tomorrow

Has anyone one seen her
The last time we saw her was last week and she did not look good
Please send your prayers to her for her to come home safely

heartbroken heartbroken
Dec '14

heartbroken~ have you tried a Havahart trap by your house since you have seen her there and she eats by your back door? sorry, I have not kept up with all the posts (in case this was addressed already)

Hastings Hastings
Jan '15

Any sightings? I cannot help look right now. Still recovering from last hospital stay. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and have been these many months.

Dansker Dansker
Jan '15

Yes we have tried everything she is a very smart cookie and knows what a trap is and when we put out she took off for a few weeks...
We did have a sighting by the back door last night around 930 pm she looks ok but very scared. seems that she is coming from the church 2 doors down when she was finished eating she ran down the drive and cut over to the field.

We hope she sticks around long enough where we can trap her but we are running out of time with the frigid cold coming the next couple of days. I doubt she will be around tonight with the snow and ice.

Dansker how you feel better anything we can do to help please let us know.

Please pray for Ashley she has been out too long

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Jan '15

Am praying desperately for Ashley! Wish we knew why she is so scared. Was she an inside cat mostly and just easily spooked? Did you have her very long?

dansker dansker
Jan '15

heartbroken, I sent you can email

Hastings Hastings
Jan '15

She was adopted we hahad her for 14 months
She has been going into a dog crate that we bought and she seems comfortable in it which is what we wanted to now we are going to be more aggressive in catching her

I think she is so scared cause people might be trying to catch her

Will keep you posted fingers crossed

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Jan '15

suggest you attach a bungee cord or something similar to the door so you can close it without moving...as your movement may freak the cat.....been there done that...hoping for good news

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

You and Ashley are my thoughts and prayers! Please let us know if you are successful!

Dansker Dansker
Jan '15

Will do Thank you

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Jan '15

Use a long rope, string it through the door,(tied to the door) and a hole in the back of the crate and stay as far away as possible, been there done that also. Good luck and I hope you catch her.

4paws 4paws
Jan '15

just have to make sure that when you put a rope on the crate door, that when you pull it closed, she couldn't push out anyway. If that happens, she'll never go in the crate again. If she panics inside, she will try to get out the way she came in. I've had cats push thru (or under) drop traps if they are not sturdy enough. Have you seen her since Sunday?

Hastings Hastings
Jan '15

Hi,

I saw she is going into a dog crate. Can you put the trap in the dog crate? Or just get a larger dog crate and put the trap inside? My want to put little pieces of dry food, to the edge of the crate and then additional food towards the back of the crate, so she'll actually go into it. Do you have a garage that you can leave open slightly for her? I hope you are able to get her soon.

We are still trying have not seen her the past couple of nights with the extreme cold and wind. I wish i had a garage as that would help. I do have a crate that might fit in the dog house i was trying a string wrapped around a tarp that i could pull from inside the back door if she stayed in there long enough i think it might work.

We are also going to buy a heat element to put on the bottom to encourage them to go in

Will keep you posted

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Jan '15

Please let us know how things are going. Am hoping and praying that something will finally click and Ashley will figure this all out!

Dansker Dansker
Jan '15

A tarp will not work, it will not hold her. What is she eating in? a wire crate, a plastic sided crate or now you say she is eating in a dog house. A dog house, that's tricky. I would cut a piece of wood that covers the opening and put a hinge on it, on the bottom and drill a hole for your rope in the top of it and a hole in the back to run your rope through, a rope, ( not a string) so you can be further away.. Make sure the rope lays flat so the door does not move if she steps on the rope. If you can get a crate that will fit in the dog coop, that may work also. Like Hastings said, she will fight with all her strength to get out.
I hope you can catch her.

4paws 4paws
Jan '15

No Luck Yet....
She has not been around

Hastings-She has not been around since we put the crate out ugh :(

The dog crate is all plastic with no door
I am going to try to put another crate inside and rig it with rope fingers crossed.

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Jan '15

Still no sign...Has anyone seen Ashley?

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Jan '15

Hi. I'm sorry you haven't seen her. You should call all local animal control and bring/show them a picture of her
Can you, post flyers with her photo, in the area? Should also contact local rescue groups
especially pet adoption league. Do you still put out food for her? I would put food out during the day, may return if she needs food. There are also some websites to post missing cats/dogs. I hope she returns soon.
If you do start to see her again, I can try to help with trapping her.

Lisa K Lisa K
Jan '15

Hey Lisa K. We haven't seen her in almost a month. We put out food for her and we walk around the neighborhood, but still no signs. We bought one of those heated bowls to keep the food and water warm. Works well. Our back yard is setup with a food hut and shelters for her and other cats to keep warm in. Still, the only one who comes around is the black cat. We named him Spookies and he answers to it. We've done everything you and everyone else suggested but still no luck. We need to put up new posters of her. We'll do that this weekend. Going in for surgery on Monday so i'll be home for awhile. Hopefully we'll have luck seeing her and hopefully catching her then.
thank you all again for your help.

heartbroken heartbroken
Jan '15

I can help putting up flyers, please let me know
I know how hard this can be. Hopefully she is keeping warm and safe, somewhere.
Cats can be very resourceful so hopefully she's alright and will show up again soon.

Another thought about this. It's possible the cat that is hanging around is keeping your cat away.
The black cat you mentioned, is she friendly, I wonder if you can contact Pet Adoption League, if they can take her in.
Sometimes if food is scarce, a cat will keep other cats away. You may want to ask a neighbor to put a little food out during the day only, for your cat. Or put an extra bowl of food out during the day, in a different area near your house. Also only having food out during the day you'll be able to spot her. And won't attract raccoons and possums.

We received a call on Sunday that Ashley has been spotted on Pine St. She's been going into the open shed by 224 Pine. I walked over there yesterday and didn't see anything. Woman is trying to trap her but stated Ashley is one smart cookie when it comes to the traps. Fingers crossed she will be able to get her. Thank you very much for all of your help!!!

heartbroken heartbroken
Feb '15

maybe this woman can just establish a feeding schedule (same time everyday) then we can try the drop trap. I've had cats that would never go in a regular trap that were easy to catch with a drop trap. If she tries to trap her, she may just go to another location? Its up to you, but I will be happy to come and try the drop trap if she is coming to eat at this location. Just have to get her used to a feeding schedule first. Doesn't have to be long.....as long as she is showing up to eat everyday, approx same time, same spot. this is exciting! :) keep me posted via email since I don't check this site everyday

Hastings Hastings
Feb '15

Please let it be her and please let her come home. It's been so long! Prayers are with you.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '15

The woman who called us is a volunteer at PAL. She is currently using a have-a-heart but also stated once it got a little warmer she'll put out her drop trap. The woman stated Ashley is eating right next to the have-a-heart and as soon as she opens her back door she runs. I'm a little surprise for her to be up on Pine St. There was a gentleman and his sons trying to catch her on Hurley which may have spooked her. This could be why she's up on Pine?? Not sure. Like I said I walked over there yesterday but didn't see her. The woman stated she's been up at her place on Pine for the past couple of months. It's been approx. 6 weeks since we seen her so it could be possible. Thank you all again for everything!! Praying she can get her!!

heartbroken heartbroken
Feb '15

Ashley has been spotted last night over on Pine street.
She is being fed by a PAL volunteer and she is trying to catch her, but she still will not go into the havaheart trap

I wish she would just give up and come home they had mentioned that she is losing alot of weight and still very scared
Has anyone seen her around the neighborhood?
Please let me know
Thanks

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Feb '15

something to try doing with the Havahart with timid cats is to zip-tie it open and little by little move her food closer to the opening......until she is eating inside the trap (all the while, keep it tied open) and then once she is eating inside the trap on a regular basis, then set it. Give the PAL volunteer my # if she wants so I can tell her or show her what I mean. I may even know her :) This is exciting! At least she is staying in this area and the sight of the trap is not making her leave, so its only a matter of time I think :) Give me a call anytime! Does this woman have a shelter of some type there for her? She's so timid, if you do put one there, make sure it has 2 holes so she is more apt to use it.

Hastings Hastings
Feb '15

great idea!

janster janster
Feb '15

At least we know she is still alive and nearby. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '15

Good luck

riverat riverat
Feb '15

Any recent sightings of Ashley? Prayers are with you.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '15

Thank you Dansker

Heartbroken Heartbroken
Feb '15

Hello Everyone!!! We have excellent news!!! ASHLEY IS HOME!!!! Thank you everyone for your help and support, Dansker, Hastings, everyone!!! A special THANK YOU goes out to Sandi, Eugene and Ruth...Volunteers from PAL who caught her!!!! We took her to Newton Animal Hospital in yet another snow storm. She has a clean bill of heath and she only needs to have her canine tooth removed because it cracked. She also has flea dirt/dust??? We are so grateful for all the help and support we received from everyone and we can never say thank you enough!!! We are overwhelmed with joy and cried all the way home from the animal hospital. It has been an extremely rough year thus far, our brother committed suicide, we both had surgery. I had an emergency surgery Friday night to have my appendix removed and my roommate had hand surgery a couple of weeks ago. This has been a blessing from God!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

heartbroken heartbroken
Mar '15

Holy Cow - or Cat --- what fabulous news...............so happy for you and the kitty

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Fantastic!!! So thrilled for you and Ashley!! Sorry to hear of your loss,and hope you all heal quickly! Ashley must be so happy to be back in her warm comfy home!!

molly
Mar '15

BEST NEWS IVE HEARD IN A WHILE!

helpthekitty helpthekitty
Mar '15

Wow! That is great news.

What wonderful news!! So glad she is home safe and sound. A happy ending!

kayaking kayaking
Mar '15

Wonderful news!

joyful joyful
Mar '15

Re: FOUND Small Tortie Cat now around Willow Grove St.

We just heard the news!!

Happy happy! Joy joy! Happy happy! Joy joy!

We do the happy dance...

Sugar & White Shoes Sugar & White Shoes
Mar '15

OMG....I'm so happy for you!. How did they finally catch her? And how far away from home was she? So sorry to hear about your other family issues. Stay strong. Kitty kisses will help!

Martha Martha
Mar '15

So happy to hear of her safe return home! Best wishes to all!!

Now we want to see pictures of that little bugger ---back where she belongs

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Fantastic! So glad to hear it!!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

I am so very HAPPY! We have looking for her for almost a year I think. Keep the door tightly shut. Maybe keep her in one room until she reorients herself. Thank God she came through this in good shape. My prayers are with you and your family. I too had a brother who committed suicide just a few years ago. Unexpected and devastating. Ashley will bring some joy and peace to your home. Thank you for never giving up on her!

Dansker Dansker
Mar '15

What great news! Tell her to keep her little kitty butt in the house from now on. She certainly did have an adventure. Glad you never gave up on her!

Bessie Bessie
Mar '15

I am so glad to hear that Ashley is home. :-)

Aquarius Aquarius
Mar '15

OH MY GOODNESS!! I just read this!!! I am SO HAPPY for you both and for Ashley!!!!!! What a rough year :( but this is just so great! I know Ruth........she is wonderful as are the others from PAL that helped! You both are to be praised also.......you were relentless and tried everything and never gave up! You just made my day!! When you're all settled, I'd love to stop by and see the little wanderer :)

Hastings Hastings
Mar '15

Thank you everyone!! What confirmed it was actually Ashley is when she saw Dunkin our maine coon. She ran right to him and chirped. We have her gated off in our backroom and let Dunkin in. She rubbed her head right against him. Bree, who we just got last September and is a torbie, also is getting along with her! We are so excited!! I did catch her looking out the window. I'm sure she is happy to be in a warm home but I think she is sad because she will not be able to roam freely around the neighborhood. She was rescued in a garage on Pine St. Ruth was determined to catch her and did. As soon as we can we'll update with pictures. Thank you all again for everything!! We are one big happy family!!! :)

heartbroken heartbroken
Mar '15

Best news! So happy she is back home where she belongs! I cant wait to see picture of her with her family ! Thanks to Ruth for her patience and persistance. YAY !

Hockeymom115 Hockeymom115
Mar '15

What wonderful news - I saw it on the PAL Facebook page and just had to come to the Forum to read all the news! Thank you to all those who never gave up on her and to the three Samaritans who caught her.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Mar '15

after 6 months - really amazing

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

This is awesome news! Welcome home Ashley!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

What a heartwarming story, and happy ending because you never gave up on reuniting with her! Congratulations to you and all who helped make the reunion possible.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.