Cat Rescue in Livingston Area?

Cat Rescue in Livingston Area?

A realtor (friend) told me about a vacant house in Livingston that has 2 cats that are always by the back door. I am guessing they were left by the previous renters. Now the house is on the market and the owner 'wants them gone' Does anybody know of any rescues in that area? I am not familiar with shelters or rescues there but am taking a chance that somebody here may be able to give me some direction. Thanks!

Hastings Hastings
Jul '14

Re: Cat Rescue in Livingston Area?

here is another picture. I am planning on going this weekend to see them, how they are (friendly? feral? I doubt feral from the pictures) and would love to take them IF I had a place to bring them. Currently I cannot, I have my own brood and 4 foster kittens.

Hastings Hastings
Jul '14

Try Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter in East Hanover.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

So sad. Hope you can rescue them soon, they look so confused.

molly
Jul '14

Calico - That's where we got our dog 12 years ago. Nice place.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jul '14

The way the two cats are both focused on the door in the first photo really convinces me that they used to live there. They are expecting the human to open the door and let them back in their home. It makes my blood boil to think that people can move and leave their pets behind. I just don't get it.

I have a friend in the Livingston area who has taken in a few feral / stray cats. I will ask her if she knows a person or an organization who can help.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

I did a search on petfinder.com for shelters in the Livingston area. You could try calling some and see if any would take the cats.

Here's the link: https://www.petfinder.com/animal-shelters-and-rescues/search/?location=Livingston%2C+NJ&shelter_name=

Good luck with catching and finding a shelter for them, thank you for stepping up to rescue these two cats.

Lynnada Lynnada
Jul '14

Any news on these poor cats? I grew up in Livingston many years ago. I would love to help but we already have 9 cats and 2 dogs.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

My friend who lives in the area said Jersey Animal Coalition in South Orange should be able to help if you give them a call and let them know the address.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

I adopted from them about 16 years ago - Buster - still ticking - great cat

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

Sorry I have not been on here since I posted .......I totally agree Rebecka, makes my blood boil too! I was told by the realtor that they DO try to get inside. I messaged a couple of rescues......Mt Pleasant said they can't help. Have not heard from the other 2. I will try the one in South Orange. Hoping to go tomorrow but I do not (as of now) have a place for them. Right now I have 4 foster kittens (2 need work socializing) 1 foster adult cat and my own. Its over whelming for sure. So many cats that are left to fend for themselves because of hideous ignorant people (I'll stop there)

Hastings Hastings
Aug '14

I just emailed the place in South Orange! fingers crossed!!

Hastings Hastings
Aug '14

I have heard nothing back.....somebody did offer to pay for vetting if I find a foster home. Can anybody possibly foster? friends that can? you only need a spare room for them temporarily.

Hastings Hastings
Aug '14

Hopefully Jersey Animal Coalition can help. That's where we adopted Daisy from. Nice people.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Hastings, my brother has dealt with PAWS in Montclair and they have been very helpful. I know it's a long shot but maybe you can see if they will help. Here is the link to their website....

http://www.pawsmontclair.org/

positive positive
Aug '14

Am bumping this up. Any news on these poor cats? Imagine to go repeatedly back to your home and no ones is there. Or worse yet, new strange people who violently chase you away. Rescued one of those many years ago and he never really recovered from the emotional trauma even up to his death a few months ago.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Any news on these kitties? Is there at least a rescue group willing to help? They look friendly. As earlier mentioned, I can't take any more, have 9 cats and 2dogs now.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Any news on these kitties?

Nature Lover
Aug '14

This has really been haunting me. Has anyone any updates on these cats?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

bumping this up again. Would really like to hear something,( hopefully good news).

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

I'm so sorry! I have hardly had time to get online (I have 4 foster kittens, my own, cray-zee here!) I have the 3 cats from Livingston here at my house. the 2 in the picture are VERY friendly....spayed (ear tipped but super friendly) and the male neutered. I have the calico tested FIV FELV (both NEGATIVE) and shots. Boy going soon. The 3rd cat (also a calico) is very scared and timid. I am trying to see if she will come around. The 2 in the picture are looking for a home, so contact me if you or anybody you know are interested. I think the calico in the picture is the Mom and after she had these 2, she was trapped and spayed (hence ear tipped) but was not feral, just ear tipped because the renter had no intention of keeping her? who knows

Hastings Hastings
Aug '14

I have 9 cats and 2 cats myself, so I will pass the word around.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Glad to hear they are safe at least now. thank you Hastings for helping these cats.

Nature Lover
Aug '14

Hastings, your dedication and compassion towards animals is exceptional. I truly admire you for everything you do! :)

positive positive
Aug '14

Am still asking around. Approx ages of the cats?

Dansker Dansker
Aug '14

Re: Cat Rescue in Livingston Area?

thank you positive! sweet of you to say

Dansker, not really sure.....I would guess the mom is less than 4 and the male, about a year. I'll attach a flyer I made and am going to put in local vet offices.

Hastings Hastings
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.