Warren County Tech School HVAC Program?

Anyone ever attend warren county technical school? In particular, the HVAC program? I'm currently working in IT and looking to make a career change.

LJRubi LJRubi
Jul '14

I am not so sure about the program at Warren Tech, but my husband attended the HVAC program at Raritan Valley Community College/Somerset County Technical Institute. That program was great. He attended class for 2 years total( combined in both places), and was offered job placement because he excelled in the class. That was a few years ago, but I know for a fact it was a good choice for him. It may be another option for you to look into. Best wishes to you in your new career path! :)

LadySkiDog LadySkiDog
Jul '14

Go somewhere else other than Warren County tech. I wanted to take a couple classes there, what a joke. They are completely unorganized. I got so mad at the run-around I had to go through and in the end didn't go to the courses because they didn't have enough people. (rrrr... grumble... grumble)

In the know
Jul '14

I've been thinking about doing this too. I work for mt olive, and the current HVAC guys are a few years away from retirement.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Jul '14

I went to all the schooling and I can tell you when I got my EPA certificate I didn't even know how to put gauges on . I can tell you repair is 50 percent or more of electrical troubleshooting . Your going to need to work for someone for many years in order to work on your own it's a big step .

Country side
Jul '14

Good luck I took the Hvac class at warren tech in the 70s it was ok but I went to licon tech for a year to learn it properly in 77 things have changed so much over the years

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jul '14

HVAC in new jersey now requires a license. If you are just starting out you will need to take 4 years of classes along with working for a licensed HVAC company. I am a licensed plumber and went through this type of apprentice program for my plumbing license. The class you are looking at may not count towards your 4 years of required schooling.

Brian Beam
Beams Plumbing and Heating
908-229-6284

Brian Beam Brian Beam
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.