Part 3 - I'm happy because...

In my travels I saw Clyde and Bessie yesterday! honk honk ! :)

darlughh darlughh
Jul '14

You should have stopped!

Bessie Bessie
Jul '14

Always a pleasure seeing you darlughh

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jul '14

thank you :) same to you both !

darlughh darlughh
Jul '14

Re: Part 3 - I'm happy because...

... applesauce tastes SOOOOO much better than sweet potatoes (yuk).

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

weeanimal is just adorable ---makes me happy to see that smiling face
I'm also happy because I'm heading into NYC to show a friend the High Line and then take a 2 hour sunset cruise on a tall ship --perfect weather

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

weeanimal ... Ask Mommie and Daddy to mix the applesauce with the sweet potatoes and it morphs into super hero brunch! They can even add it to outrageous super hero oatmeal cookies when you get a little older and have a few teeth!

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Jul '14

Weeanimal, eat your veggies. Pretty soon they'll let you have "pasgetti".

Tracy Tracy
Jul '14

Pups had their first vet visit today, and all are healthy! Yay! I mean, I sort of thought that, because they're happy and big and running around and gaining weight, but when you get there and the vet has his stethoscope out, you're like, omg is he going to find a heart murmur? Or will something else be wrong with them? I was on edge for a while... but they're all fine!

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

... I just finished 2 gift baskets to bring to friends in the city tomorrow morning - tomatoes from my garden and eggs from my hens. Happy to be able to share the fruits of my mini farm.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

I love your basket Rebecka! What a nice gift.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '14

That's pretty cool...

Wow! Rebecka....this is such a nice thing to do and your basket looks so nice. I am sure all of the other HLers are impressed...I know I am!

joyful joyful
Sep '14

My goddaughter's Christmas dress is on order and on it's way!!! I can't believe we found something so early this year...

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '14

Blowing catnip bubbles. I don't care who you are, you can't help but have fun!!!!!

I love Saltines.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

I love cheese.

A good day
Sep '14

Sometimes it's the little things. Sometimes it feels good just to stop and take a breath and appreciate what is right in front of you.

Saltines... random, perhaps, but heartfelt nonetheless.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

I like cake.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Sep '14

I love bourbon.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Sep '14

Ha!Ha! ok that is too funny....but Rebecka I agree it's nice to appreciate the little things in life:)

You guys crack me up!

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Rebecka, do you really prefer Saltines to say Ritz or Town House crackers? What about those Keebler Toasteds crackers that come three flavors to a box? Because while I'll crumble Saltines into my soup in a pinch, they aren't what I'm reaching for to top with a piece of cheese or soppresatta, know what I mean?

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Sep '14

Ritz or Townhouse? Now that's just nasty.... Toasteds are pretty good...and Saltines? I think they just fall into their own category. Not something you would crave IMO, but once you have one you realize that they are pretty good. You then wonder why you don't eat them more often. At least that's what happens to me...

I prefer homemade croutons in my soup. Saltines are only good when you are sick. LOL

Christine Christine
Sep '14

I'm happy because my son, who moved out to San Diego three years ago, is moving back to the Philadelphia area !!

Mariann Mariann
Sep '14

My car finally sold! So happy!

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Yay Rebecka --- with our without spiders?

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

I'm happy because I'm going to see my sister and other family today ---this doesn't happen often enough

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

I'm happy for Greek Festivals. ;-)

I am starting a good paying,full time job on Oct 13th! It's been a long time coming! Thank you God.

Firefly Firefly
Oct '14

I'm happy because grilling season is over and the cooler weather gets me in the mood to do some serious cooking. Yesterday I made a chicken pot pie (with cognac in the roux, which turned it into something amazing), and now I am ready to try something Cajun or Creole - Jambalaya or Gumbo or the like.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

...the little pumpkins are on the fence at Ort farms along Route 24. Love it!! :)~

darlughh darlughh
Oct '14

Making banana almond bread and the house smells wonderful.

(I love this thread. So nice to read everyone's happy things!)

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Fall foliage, sweater weather & pumpkin everything :D

gastronome
Oct '14

Yes Rebecka.. this is the happy zone.. No drama.. lol YAY!!

darluggh darluggh
Oct '14

Cost of consult for puppy with Prof. of Veterinary Neurology at U Penn: Expensive
Cost of spinal tap for puppy: Even more expensive
Cost of MRI of puppy's brain: Don't even ask
Finally getting a diagnosis and finding out he is curable: Priceless!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

great news, rebecka

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

wonderful news, Rebecka -
definitely something to be happy about

Wendy

Rebecka,
It is so wonderful that you did that for this puppy!!
:-)

hapiest girl
Nov '14

The only thing better than some flurries is 50 lbs of peppers unexpectedly showing up at your door step.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

...the star is lit...

darlughh darlughh
Dec '14

Yesssssss!!! Yay!! Can't wait to see it tonight :)

I'm happy because yesterday I was walking to the post office with my arms full and a gentleman who had just come down the ramp turned around and went back up and said "let me get the door for you" I thought that was very sweet and it made me smile.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Dec '14

I was just going to post that, darlughh, but you beat me to it! We saw it last night. That star was a big factor so many years ago with my moving to Hackettstown. Coming down Budd Lake hill, saw the Star on Buck Hill overlooking the entire town of Hackettstown and just knew that was a omen of where I was meant to be...

joyful joyful
Dec '14

I'm happy because of the generosity of many of you - I have a load of toys, books and goodies for the moms at DASACC - and I have had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful people along the way

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

A mink or a river otter is playing in and around our pond today, and it's one of the cutest things I've ever seen. There is a little bit of ice along the edges, and he's running and hopping around on it before diving in. First time we've ever seen such a creature at our pond. I hope he is here to stay; he is so much fun to watch.

(How to distinguish between the two animals - anyone know? They have the same general body form, I think, right? And minks swim... they're both native to NNJ... and I'm not getting that good of a look even through binocs - the pond is far down the hill out back.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

My business Weathered Creations had such a successful first full year! Thank you so much to all of you that have supported me through your kind words!

Firefly Firefly
Dec '14

Rebecka,

First off, mink are far more common in our area than otter, so its most likely that you saw a mink. However, its definitely possible that you were fortunate enough to see an otter.

Color - mink are dark chocolate brown. If they are wet, or in certain lighting, mink can look almost black. They are also pretty uniform in color, though they may have a white patch below the chin. Otter are a lighter brown color, though that brown can still be quite rich. The color is lighter all down the front of the neck and sides of the face. Also, take a look at the big, dark nose on an otter. It stands out from the color of the face. On a mink, the nose is small and blends in with the color of the mink's fur.

Size. mink are much smaller - think roughly ferret sized. Otter, are much bigger, more like the size of a fox

Shape. Both have elongated bodies. The shapes of the head and tails might help though. Mink have pointy ferret like heads and muzzles. Otter's heads are much rounder and blunted. Mink tails are fluffy. Otter's are sleek and very noticably tapered.

That's all I got. Hope it helped. Congrats if you did see an otter. They're tough to see in this part of the state.

gadfly gadfly
Dec '14

@Gadfly - a belated thank you for the great info! We have seen it again, and it does look to be a mink based on all your tips.

Today I'm happy because... I took a long hike in the woods with the dogs, and we saw (and sniffed) so many different and interesting wildlife tracks:

deer
feral (house) cat
bobcat
turkey
raccoon
squirrel
cottontail

Love going out in the snow and seeing what lives out there, right around our house.

(Re: the bobcat - we've seen the prints around for the past 2 weeks. It's definitely a bobcat. First time we've had one around. My chickens may be tempting him.)

And it was fun add our own prints to the forest... one small human and a veritable pack of big dogs. :-) A walk in the woods is so good for the soul.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

A snow day (possibly two) from work is in the horizon. Woo Hoo!!

auntiel auntiel
Jan '15

Any idea what this critter is?
We saw him at Alumni Field, in the man made ponds, last weekend.

Will H Will H
Jan '15

Geez that looks like a big fat RAT!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

Not sure how this got under "I'm happy..." but that looks like a muskrat. Without seeing it out of the water you can't tell if it might not be a beaver. But otherwise I'd say it's rodent enough to say muskrat.

Looks like a muskrat

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jan '15

@ Gadfly, What do you think this animal in the water is?

There are comments above the picture comment, speaking of minks and otters, GC.

I was hoping it's an otter - it did not have a big tail like a beaver - I caught a glimpse of his tail as he went under the water.

Will H Will H
Jan '15

Hi Will,

With that elongaged "face", and the convex rather than concave profile, I would say that's say that GC is correct that its either a beaver or muskrat. You said that you saw the tail and it didn't have a beaver tail, so I'd say it's probably a muskrat. Hope that helps. If you're not sure, go back and try to see it again. If it is a muskrat, you'll probably be able to see it again.

gadfly gadfly
Jan '15

We did see muskrat there recently. And snipe. Quite a few.

A good day
Jan '15

I ruled out otter on the basis of the nose. Check out some pictures on line and see how an otter nose is very black and set apart from the rest of its face.

Very nice no matter what animal it is.

Thank you Gadfly - I have been looking at pictures and they all look so similar - I saw him in the same place twice so I will keep looking for him, next time I go walking.

Will H Will H
Jan '15

Ive seen them in the Musconectcong river. Its a muskrat.

Jan '15

My schools are closed 1/27/15. Cocktail time. Woo Hoo!!

auntiel auntiel
Jan '15

Spring is 50 something days away. WHOO HOO!!! Enjoy auntiel!

Jan '15

I am in for the night. the fire is going..I am safe....homemade chicken pot pie in the oven with warm biscuits for dinner tonight. Glass of Merlot in hand...Life is good...

joyful joyful
Jan '15

Because ......................... IT"S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Jan '15

joyful - Sounds like "the Lounge" is open again. ;-)

Personally I'm hoping Finland is like this in 5 months....

You might be right, GC, about the Lounge.. except I would not have Merlot in my hand but instead would be a Rusty Nail.... In reality... I just put a fur throw on the new chair by the fire for me for after dinner to relax in..... and you can guess, I am sure, who has already claimed that! At least at the Lounge we didn't usually bring along our feline friends..

joyful joyful
Jan '15

The snow flurries yesterday......gave me a legitimate day off today! Woohooo!! The hype was good for something.....lol

darlughh darlughh
Jan '15

It was bust! Whhoo hoo.

Jan '15

There are 7 deer feeding in my yard right now ......... what a beautiful sight!

hapiest girl
Jan '15

Le Quebecois en Maine!!! I knew that even if the others didn't. ;-)

GC, you should go on Jeopardy. ;-) Me, I was stumped by that answer. Love the show anyway.

Chickadee Chickadee
Feb '15

I tell GC that all the time too, Chickadee!

joyful joyful
Feb '15

it's Friday!! Woo Hoo!!

Sunshine Sunshine
Feb '15

My former spine surgeon who no longer takes insurance (because he's so famous and people fly in from around the world and pay cash) has agreed to do my surgery and take my insurance. I just seriously lucked out, because I'm not in that category of people who can afford to pay cash for major spine surgery.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

good news for you, Rebecka.....I hope he can really help you.

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Quinoa varnishkes. Read on line that some upscale restaurant tried it as well and the reports weren't so great. I think they just didn't know how to cook the quinoa and it came out bland. I do mine in garlic broth and it's a perfect mix. But then I also like gravy on my noodles so that picks up anything. ;-)

PS - A triple stumper? The bible is written in only three languages and I doubt any airline has got an Aramaic name. The date was a dead give away to which of the the three even if you didn't look at which part of the bible they mentioned in the clue. But I guess all the contestants assumed it was supposed to be an English translation instead of the original Hebrew.

I agree GC, the date was a giveaway and I couldn't believe not one contestant had the correct question.

Chickadee Chickadee
Mar '15

What was the triple stumper?

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

Rebecka -

Category: Transportation

Clue: Incorporated in 1948, this company chose its name from the book of the Hebrew prophet Hosea.

Cedars of Lebanon, which were used to make boats...?

Mar '15

El Al Airlines

iphone-imal iphone-imal
Mar '15

I'm happy because .....
I went to a truly amazing concert this afternoon of Faure's Requiem and other miscellaneous selections ....... a free concert at a church in Newton. It was wonderful! This was under the direction of Henry Repp who was organist / conductor. It was truly mesmorizing and beautiful.

The instrumental soloists and vocal soloists were all professionals and the choir was made up of select people from local communities.
The next concert (orchestral) is Saturday May 16 @ 7pm.
If it is as professional as todays concert it is not to be missed.
First United Methodist Church -- 111 Ryerson Avenue -- Newton NJ.

hapiest girl
Mar '15

Bull's ear on the iPhone. Yet it stumped three pretty bright contestants who didn't even think of airlines, thought only domestically, or came up totally blank. Always interesting the things that seem really obvious to some have others thinking in completely different directions. To me, more interesting than knowing the answer.

Interesting!

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

I'm happy because the frogs are peeping again. Pond with hundreds of them down back, and I sleep with the windows cracked open just to listen to them. (Isn't it nice to be able to open the windows and let the fresh air in?!)

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '15

I am happy because my buddy becky is happy

skippy skippy
Apr '15

I'm happy because baseball season is starting. Although I root for my team to win and win it all I am also a realist who knows that is not always possible. I love the game and enjoy all the games I can watch...........

Im happy because I selected wisconsin In my company NCAA basketball pool!

Yay!

htownewbie htownewbie
Apr '15

I'm happy because I FINALLY got to go fishing on Saturday.... even though I got "skunked". Nothing . Of course, a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work. I love the river... hate the garbage.

sallysimpson sallysimpson
Apr '15

I'm happy because I can empty the gas from our 2 snowblowers and put them away, hopefully for a long long time. Snow is almost gone - bring on Spring/Summer.

justwondering justwondering
Apr '15

I'm happy bc justwonderding reminded me I have to run the gas out of the snow thrower today :)

I'm happy that I'm spending Easter with my dad and that my Bastone came out perfect! Can't wait till after Mass to cut a big honkin' slice! :) :)

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '15

Weebiekins - what is Bastone? I googled it and still don't know. Thanks

Apr '15

justwondering, bastone is a type of bread. In my google search pictures of it came up first, then wiki on bread types.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_breads

I guess it is what we call Italian bread. Never heard of Bastone though. Thank you.

Apr '15

... I have a Tony Luke's Pork Italian in my belly.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '15

Sorry! I just saw this. It's our Italian Easter Pie we make from my great grandma. It'sa simple homemade top & bottom crust with layers of mozzarella, daisy ham, sweet italian sausage and hard boiled eggs. It's DIVINE. And incredibly rich lol!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '15

That sounds delish weebiekins. I have had pizza rustica, which my family loves, but never your pie.

Apr '15

The ducks are on the pond....much to my dog's dismay:(

Blackcat Blackcat
Apr '15

Sometimes it really pays to have a friend with a bulldozer.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '15

i lust got caught up with my bills. no more late charges lol

All the germin shepherds came back from the grroomers wearin bandanas with a little poodle print on em. I cannot tell us how happy this makes me and how hard i am laughin right now.

Iggles J. Snoots Iggles J. Snoots
Apr '15

I'm in a mommy group with about 20 women who all had babies when I did (18-19 months ago). We are extremely close and we're all new aunties this morning because our first new sibling has arrived. On National Sibling Day. So excited for the next generation of babies.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Apr '15

I'm happy because I got a nice long visit from my friend Bootz.

Sugar Sugar
Apr '15

I'm happy because I have a new car. The feeling of freedom is wonderful. My old car had a number of mechanical issues and I would only drive it the 10 miles necessary for work. If I wanted to go anywhere else, I had to wait for a family trip. Now I can go whenever and where ever!

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
Apr '15

nice!!!

skippy skippy
Apr '15

I can turn the heat off for the season, open the windows and let the fresh air in!! Feels GREAT!!

auntiel auntiel
Apr '15

Iggy's new collar finally arrived.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '15

auntiel, how did that fresh air work out for you last night with the windows open? (-;

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Your funny ian, that was six days ago. Windows closed heat back on. Can I say this weather blows?

auntiel auntiel
Apr '15

Poodle Association says that collar has one two many O's!!!!

White Shoes White Shoes
Apr '15

Iggy's daddy loved that comment White Shoes.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '15

Nine alarm Langanisa and Birds Eye Chili risotto.

My husband and I became an uncle and an aunt today, and our daughter has a baby cousin.

Tracy Tracy
May '15

80 degree weather!!!!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
May '15

Congrats Tracy!

jrsemom jrsemom
May '15

My son was born on Mother's Day many years ago. Rarely do we get to celebrate both his birthday and Mother's day on the same day as Mother's Day is always held on a Sunday but this year we can!!!

joyful joyful
May '15

Aww....that is so special! Enjoy your day, Joyful.

May '15

Thanks...Spring Fever!

joyful joyful
May '15

Another triple stumper. Alex is right because pro sports that have been around 100 years in the US are baseball. Too bad about the lady because she was on the right track and when I saw Chicago, I thought she was going to get. But football isn't old enough.

In addition, a string of three questions all with upstate NY connections that I've got synergy with. All triple stumpers and not the same categories despite the connection to NY state - but I knew the answers strictly because of personal experience. Odd connections. I call this the Slumdog connection - it's not hard to get a million if they ask you questions about countries you lived in, world sites you've been to, and plants you have in the back yard. ;-)

Weird but as I write this, WOF has a lady teacher at Mt Olive Middle School from Netcong. Coinkydinky?? You tell me. ;-)

I think our air conditioning is finally fixed!! I've been suffering since Saturday.

Tracy Tracy
May '15

My windows are open and the sweet smell of the lilacs is filling the house. Smells like spring but feels like summer.

auntiel auntiel
May '15

My mother raised me to be respectful of everyone, not only the people I like. I think I learned the lesson well.

Bessie Bessie
May '15

We are starting to foster dogs again after a very long break and are getting our first foster in about 5 years tomorrow. We are so excited to be able to help dogs again.

jrsemom jrsemom
May '15

Researching floats for our pond, I came upon something suitable for our property....

(@jrsemom - that's wonderful!! Please post pic?)

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

but seriously, Rebecka.......lol

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

Oh no, 5catmom. We were going to get a wood duck float, but now that we know there's a crocodile one, there is no debating this.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

Rebecka - I know a house in PA that has float shaped alligators instead of alligator shaped floats.

Here he is Rebecka. His name is Baxter and he is a 15 month old Basset Beagle mix. He is a big ole cuddler who thinks he's a lap dog.

jrsemom jrsemom
May '15

Here is a great pic of his happy adorable face. That first pic was after my kids wore him out.

jrsemom jrsemom
May '15

You know I am in love with Baxter already, jrsemom....Wishing you and the family the best with your new, wonderful pet....

joyful joyful
May '15

WOW! That's one chubby pup Jrse! He's adorable.

Calico696 Calico696
May '15

He has the biggest smile on his face in that second pic, jrsemom. Like he knows he's in a safe place, and things are looking up for him. :-)
What a wonderful endeavor to foster!
(And yes, like Calico mentioned, it looks like Baxter hasn't missed too many meals lol!)

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

@GC re: float-shaped alligators: I'm afraid I might be missing a poodle if I installed that pond feature!

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

Rebecka - What's your point??

Sugar Sugar
May '15

Roflmbo. This whole thread has certainly made me smile this AM.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

Baxter is on a diet and he's not happy about it. He needs to lose at least 10 lbs. The family that surrendered him has a 3 year old who probably let him eat a lot. He doesn't have any manners so we are working on it. He needs to learn it's not ok to steal food. Also, he doesn't appear to have had a lot of outside time. His pads are still pink and soft. He's getting plenty of exercise here though. He is such a sweet boy who just needs some training.

jrsemom jrsemom
May '15

I'm happy because my daughter is graduating college this week.

May '15

Congratulations bbu, I'm sure you are very proud!

positive positive
May '15

That is wonderful news, botheredbyuu2...Congratulations!

joyful joyful
May '15

Congrats!

skippy skippy
May '15

Thanks all. Yes, very proud.

Positive - who would think our kids are this old already! One graduating college and the other getting married next June. And your daughter getting married. Wow!! ;)

May '15

Our pond float arrived!

Needs a name. If Calico names her trees, our croc definitely gets a name.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

Can we name it "Poodle Bed Warmer"???

Sugar Sugar
May '15

no eating iggles!!!

skippy skippy
May '15

Troy is a very dignified name and the name of one of the alligator hunters on "Swamp People" tv show.

Molly
May '15

Allie?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '15

I love helping people. Being told "you made my day" three times in a row by a new neighbor is just the best. The simplest things make the biggest impact.

I am happy today because I was thinking about Cbel (R.I.P.) and followed the trail of the yellow butterflies right to one of her best friend's house... the home of HL's .Love to Sing. We met today for the very first time...

joyful joyful
May '15

seconded joyful

skippy skippy
May '15

Watch out, skies. I have arrived. (Freakin amazing birthday present!)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

I am still smiling from our meeting Joyful followed by meeting GC the next day!!!!

Love to Sing Love to Sing
Jun '15

Me too, Love to Sing!

joyful joyful
Jun '15

Today I learned how to take a screenshot on my iPhone. (I've only been using iPhones for seven years.) So pleased. Go me.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

I'm happy for Becky

skippy skippy
Jun '15

I try my best to live a joyful life and turn off the negativity whenever possible. The negativity does nothing to improve your life or anyone else's. I'm happy I know that!

Bessie Bessie
Jun '15

I'm happy because dinner with friends means many GSDs all in my kitchen eating snacks from BBQ.

@ skippy - you crack me up.

@ bessie - you are so right!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

I'm happy because the person who stole DH's prescription pads and has been forging scripts for Oxycontin and Xanax has finally been caught red-handed, and is sitting handcuffed in a police car under arrest as I type. Busted, skank.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '15

Nice Rebecca ! I'm glad she was caught

skippy skippy
Jun '15

this turtle makes me smile - African Helmeted Turtle

Skippy Skippy
Jun '15

Shark week!!! Footage just gets better every year. So exciting. The videographers deserve such kudos. Wonderful underwater creative captures.

(And Skippy... your turtle looks a bit *too* happy. Might check his pockets. What's he been up to?)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '15

I had a beautiful healthy son today.

Jul '15

Congratulations @Tracy! He is beautiful - I wish all of you the very best!!

Congrats again, Tracy! He is such a cutie. :)
Hope you're feeling well.

awww congratulations, Tracy

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

Tracy, happy news for sure!! Congratulations!!

Tracy and RJ and Maggie....We are so very happy for you! Your new baby boy is so adorable!

joyful joyful
Jul '15

Tracy: P.S.: Happy for Lucky too. He has someone else to play with...

joyful joyful
Jul '15

Now there's something to be happy about!!!

Congratulations on number two!

Congratulations, Tracy & family!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '15

Welcome, little one! Congratulations!

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
Jul '15

Congrats Tracy and family!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

Congratulations!

skippy skippy
Jul '15

Thanks, everyone. He's a cute little love already. Headed home today and excited to be home with my whole family together.

Jul '15

aw!! looks bigger already!!

Skippy Skippy
Jul '15

... booking a vacation to a place I've had my eye on for the past couple years.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '15

do tell, Rebecka

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

It's a little-known island, 5cm. I'll post a pic when I'm there, but we can't go until after my back surgery, so not until November...

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '15

Because they closed down the Hackettstown pool thread. About time!!

Jul '15

"5cm" - The first time I read that I didn't blink at what it meant. Now that I read it a second time I'm thinking - "wow, an island that's only 5 centimeters? I hope she has her waders on..." ;-)

Haha GC, that would be a very little-known island indeed.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '15

big enough for 5cs

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

Happy because they finally closed the pointless topic about the hackettstown pool. Thank you to the administrator for doing the right thing!

townie14 townie14
Jul '15

I'M HAPPY BECAUSE, no matter what, I know I live in a community that cares about their own. Not sure if anyone has been following the story of Danni, the young mom from town that has suffered a debilitating stroke at the age of 32. There's a gofundme for her and it's raised over $17,000 in less than 72 hours. Now that's a whole lotta love. I saw it is now in the Classifieds under "other". If we could just be a little happier on a day to day basis and not wait until tragedy strikes. Our lives can change in the blink of an eye.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '15

You know you've had a fun evening in the kitchen when...

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '15

What were you making?

Bessie Bessie
Aug '15

I know the feeling.

Old Gent Old Gent
Aug '15

From the looks of the aftermath, I'd say that looks like making "toast". ;-)

Besides the mess, I also made a small feast for the dogs involving shaved pork, ground turkey and brown rice. Then I made 2 cheesecakes (one for us, one for friends next door), and then made our dinner: apricot glazed chicken with parsnips. Now I just need a maid.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '15

All of those dishes and pots, Rebecka...looked clean so that must have been a before or after shot.

joyful joyful
Aug '15

I wish, Joyful!! They are STILL waiting to go into the dishwasher because I've had so many other things to do this morning!

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '15

We are having a littermate get-together party for the puppies we whelped this weekend. They are just over one year old now! I ordered them each a custom collar and they just got here and I'm SO happy with the way they came out! Love giving little gifts... also am dying to see them all together. What fun...

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '15

Donaldson s has a 15 per cent discount for sr citizens on Wednesdays! I didn't know that.

A good day
Aug '15

I finally found the cure for Sugar and her issue with storms - A7x louder than the thunder!! She doesn't even notice the difference! ;-)

The Indigo Girls are performing at The Sherman Theatre in October!!!!!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Aug '15

One scoop double chocolate fudge crunch, one scoop espresso chip, and a whole lot of hot fudge over it all...

For dinner.

You are bad. Jealousy rears its ugly head. Lol!

Good for you. Everyone needs to overindulge every now and then.

positive positive
Aug '15

That's my kind of dinner !!

Mariann Mariann
Aug '15

I'm excited but very nervous about going back to school in less than two weeks. This has been my goal for many years, but because of financial reasons I was not able to pursue it.

It seems now is the opportune time, I'm hoping I can do it at my age.

positive positive
Aug '15

You got this positive! Rock it! Age is just a number :) Enjoy your experience, you've earned it

weebiekins weebiekins
Aug '15

Thank you so much for your support weebiekins!

positive positive
Aug '15

Age makes you even more prepared for it. Go for it and don't look back.

And nothing like having Cliff's on the route home after a long day. ;-)

Positive - I went back for an MA years ago - while working full time. I had not been a great student in the past.....so I wasn't so sure how it would go. So it took 4 years but I did it - and did very well...........My mom went back to school at - hmmm maybe age 60 or so and got an MSW............Sure a bit scary at first but, as others said, all your live experiences will assure you will do well. I may have missed it but what are you pursuing?

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '15

Wishing you the best also, Positive!

joyful joyful
Aug '15

Thanks everyone, you guys are the best!

positive positive
Aug '15

DH just surprised me with this (I collect these antique crystal boxes) and I almost fainted.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '15

What a lovely gift, Rebecka...enjoy!

joyful joyful
Aug '15

Beautiful Rebecca! Your husband seems very thoughtful.

positive positive
Aug '15

Now you'll just have to figure out what he wants Rebecka ;-)

justintime justintime
Aug '15

Joyful, positive and JIT - all three of you are absolutely right! :-)

Today I'm happy because I finally got a date for my spine surgery. Only took 7 months of waiting! There is now light at the end of my pain tunnel...

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '15

good news Rebecka --

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '15

Chickies!!! In my sunroom!

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '15

Six different breeds.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '15

adorable, Rebecka -

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '15

*AND* they look so tasty....

Sugar Sugar
Sep '15

Hmmm... yes, Sugar, I believe the kitties who own our home were thinking the very same thing. Which is why the little chicky nuggets are closed in the sunroom.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '15

Ooohhh that black & white one just stole my hear, Rebecka

weebiekins weebiekins
Sep '15

Rebecka, every time I read about one of your animal adventures I picture you wearing farmers overalls and carrying a milk bucket for the cows. That wouldn't happen to be next, would it? ;-)

justintime justintime
Sep '15

I DO want a cow! One sweet brown milk cow with long eyelashes.

And I would totally wear overalls if someone handed me a pair. I'm a long way from my Paris and Manhattan days lol. I don't even know what they're wearing. Love the farm life.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '15

FINALLY some rain. Don't think I've ever been so happy about precipitation. What was that like 10 hot days with no rain?

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '15

Positive, I also went back to school at a late age. I had gone right after high school and was getting Ds and Fs ( bad home life plus working full time), so I quit. I must say when I went back in my thirties it was much easier because you just know things from living life. Took me thirteen years from associates degree to a masters. Worked full time always and graduated with no debt. Didn't hurt that I worked at one place where they paid 90% tuition, fees, and books! Sorry, just made this all about me ;) You got this! Good luck and enjoy the journey, then reap the rewards.

Rebecka, I think it was closer to 18. Last time I remember it raining was three weeks ago.

Tracy Tracy
Sep '15

Nice seeing ducks swimming in a puddle at the edge of the road. Simple country stuff :)

Beautiful Fall weather! Leaves starting to turn!

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '15

I'm happy because I don't have to replace my well pump! Yipppeeee!!!

Dear Family on Russling Rd.,
This is such a gorgeous, solid, well-made piece.
Thank you so much! I feel like I won the lottery or something.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '15

I don't have to scrape ice off my windshield anymore. Thank goodness for my garage!

Oct '15

Thanks Tracy for bringing this thread back up. I had meant to do it late last week but didn't get around to it. Sometimes instead of venting about the silly, it's better to just be thankful for the little things in life.

Know just how you feel about scraping - Sunday morning needed to help my friend Bubba D. who was outside. Made me appreciate having the car inside and not needing to get out the Flyers ice scraper the first time. ;-)

Then again - Snow. Just some flurries is fine with me. I'm happy just because of that. And fall IS flurries. Enjoy that. ;-)

Happy just for Cheez Doodles. Yep. First time in ages, and nothing more than a puffy nonsense of a junk food.

Ecstatic we've sold more product at work than I had ever imagined under the conditions. Something is really right.

Happy for Hot & Sour Soup. Mixed with rice. It's a whole meal that fills you up and satisfies even if you have meds that give you a bottomless pit.

Happy for a last minute email that says they found just one final package of lamb even though they thought they sold out. What care for the customer. Thanks Four Fields!!!

Just happy for the worlds softest salt water taffy.

Happy that I've been Mr Fixit and solved no less than 14 long terms items on my household to do list. No WAY am I that good.

Life is good with nothing more than a simple grilled cheese with sriracha. Cheese & peppers, the simple combination for life.

Red Raspberry Ice Cream.

Why vent when life is so good. Om mane padme hum.

Yes, it IS the little things in life we need to be happy about. Savor all the little niceties, and you wind up happy.

I'm happy because after 2 weeks of obsessive online scouring every nook and cranny of the internet, I have *finally* decided on the right desk to get for my newly renovated study.

(Please don't tell me it's ugly because I can't do another 2 weeks. Thanks.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '15

I love it Rebecka..definitely my taste. It's warm, chic and inviting. I get excited too when I find great household items that are quite different and at a bargain price.

positive positive
Oct '15

I went to the Lyra concert today held in Hope NJ.
WOW -- what a fantastic music event.
It was an extraordinary concert of acappella singers -- who received a standing ovation.
Just magnificent!

hapiest girl
Oct '15

I'm so happy because Eleventh Hour Rescue approved us to foster the very sweet and lovable 9 mth old Rottie/shepherd mix Cooper. If he doesn't get adopted soon we are in big trouble. It isn't taking long for us to fall for his charms. He needs some basic training but he so sweet and easy going. Of course, so far we've only had him for half a day and he's still adjusting but I don't think he'll be too different once he's comfortable.

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '15

OMG, you are so in trouble jrsemom. Cooper has already staked a claim on a couch spot. Which kid is going to have to fight over that?? Glad he found you, but I have to say I already thought you were up the creek when I heard you were off to check him out. Face it - as far as "comfortable" goes, that boat has already sailed. ;-)

GC, he has taken a liking to my oldest and my oldest has taken a liking to him. Anytime he or my second oldest walk in the room his head perks up and his tail starts wagging like crazy. Right now Cooper is lying alone on the dining room floor even though everyone else is in the living room. I think he needs some alone time after a fairly overwhelming afternoon. That picture was taken right after we finished eating dinner and he was alone in the living room while all us people were in the dining room.

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '15

that is awesome !

hey Ian - can we get some baby Weeanimal pics (ianamal x 2)

Skippy Skippy
Oct '15

OMG Jrsemom you get the cutest fosters! Is Max adopted? I might have missed that posting?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '15

Rebecka, we ended up adopting Max ourselves.

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '15

http://www.candogseat-this.com/stray-dog-rescues-georgia-woman-from-crash/

a stray dog saved a woman after she crashed down an embankment and was thrown through the back window of her car. The German Shepherd emerged from the woods, pulled her by the collar off the trunk and 50 yards through the briars to the road where she could be seen by passing motorists.

Skippy Skippy
Oct '15

GC gave me plants appropriate to my space---and I'm still standing after digging up hostas and planting coreopsis and...............I forget

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '15

The Universe works in ways that I don't even have words for right now. I am so astounded at something that happened today. It's kind of a long story and it will need good pictures... I'll post more about it in a few days. Right now I am playing with a new little friend.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '15

After SIX long years of trying in vain, after having to track down the clandestine gatekeeper of tickets for many years, who never explained how or even if outsiders even had a chance, after the Moravian Christmas Vespers tickets were finally turned over to a 3rd party telephone ordering hot line - a letter from Moravian College arrived in the mail today!!!!

Wonderful, GC! "Good things come to those who are patient" and you sound very patient... I hope you enjoy the Christmas Vespers.

Clarioncall Clarioncall
Nov '15

Thanks very much, Clarioncall. This has particular meaning to me since I have ancestors that were early Moravians.

And when it comes to patience, I recommend visualization of a high Himalayan mountain monastery where the velocity of the winds turn the prayer wheels by themselves. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPszteX0z7k

GC -- I am familiar with such mantras... In the Catholic tradition. And it is mesmerizing and will imbue patience over time!! Really interested I. Knowing how you enjoy the Moravian Vespers. And glad your patience ruled!

Clarioncall Clarioncall
Nov '15

That is so awesome, GC. I guess patience really does pay off!

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '15

I'm so appreciative that I have such a close relationship with my daughter. We understand each other and we can talk about just anything. She is my person.

positive positive
Nov '15

Today is my 7th wedding anniversary! I'm so glad I found the perfect guy for me the second time around!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '15

:-))

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '15

Happy Anniversary, Calico696 and Dan....with wishes for many more!

joyful joyful
Nov '15

Happy anniversary!

skippy skippy
Nov '15

Thanks all!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '15

Happy Anniversary Calico!!

Happy Anniversary Calico!!!

JrzyGirl70 JrzyGirl70
Nov '15

Have a wonderful anniversary Calico!

positive positive
Nov '15

Happy Anniversary Calico.

I'm happy because I have the most wonderful co-workers, who will do anything I ask them to do. They are the best! Wishing them all a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Nov '15

the Star...is lit..

darlughh darlughh
Dec '15

I was so happy to see the Star also :)

Sunshine Sunshine
Dec '15

Me too, darlughh and Sunshine. I can see it every night now from my home...

joyful joyful
Dec '15

I'm happy because of this beautiful weather we are being given. Knowing that it will probably change for the worse, I am enjoying being outside, running errands and Christmas shopping with just a lightweight jacket on. I am also happy because i am making a.commitment to myself to stop reading the nasty comments by some who seem to think they have all the answers. There are many on here who seem to be very nice, helpful and considerate people but, at times, are overshadowed by the know-it-alls. Now I need go check out the Star tonight to get more into the spirit of the season.

Dec '15

LOVE this weather and long-term forecast!

I'm happy for the Hope Moravian Hist Soc and the St Lukes Episcopal cookie barn!!

Cookies, fudge, and more. ;-)

Well apparantly we don't need to rush on finishing this. Nice to be able to take our time.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '15

... a fellow motorcyclist traveling in the group with my uncle last night is a paramedic. A paramedic who happens to always carry his bag with an intubation kit. Thank you for always carrying your kit, and for saving my uncle's life after he crashed.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '16

Wow Rebecka, that's something! Hope your uncle will be ok.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '16

Fractured spine, skull, clavicle, many ribs, nose... he was airlifted to Baltimore Shock & Trauma. Again, thankful he was taken there because of the amazing experience those guys have in serious injury cases like this. They've seen it all. They were nevertheless surprised to admit an 85-year-old who crashed his Harley. (My uncle is like an 85 yo Tom Cruise in Top Gun. Still flys and sails, too.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '16

WOW !!! what a man. My Prayers go out for his recovery.

Old Gent Old Gent
Jan '16

I thought I heard our very own Rebecka on 101.5 this morning at around 10:00 am. Hey Rebecka was that you?? The caller was Rebecka from Warren cty. The subject matter was Puppy mills. We all know how devoted you are when it comes to animals. That's why I thought it was you.

auntiel auntiel
Feb '16

4catmom brought me another present yesterday. A box of teenage raccoons! Just what I always wanted!

(Explanation: in case you didn't see it mentioned, 4catmom is a tireless, caring wildlife rehab volunteer at a local center. Some of their critters are now being released on our property. As we have a pond and a creek, it's a wonderful location for raccoons.)

It's so beautiful when you get to witness selfless, positive work... and the happy little rascals who were saved.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '16

Rebecka - I tried to thank you on the Antler Ridge thread but it wouldn't let me post - so thank you so much for welcoming our rehabbed babies - three groups of raccoons and some squirrels so far...BTW how do you feel about opossums? We are loaded - all toooo young right now but............

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

Very cool

skippy skippy
Aug '16

I'll take anything except coyotes.

And YOU are the one who gets the thanks! You and all the other dedicated people who spend hours in the summer heat cleaning cages and pens... compensated only by the gratefulness of the animals.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '16

one of many...............

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

4catmom, are those the ones rescued from the mom that was killed? My old neighbor was the one that collected the poor things.

Tracy Tracy
Aug '16

they were brought in yesterday - and yes someone very kind person (your old neighbor?) brought them in - I think there were 6....I didn't see the paperwork so don't know for sure where they came from - second group in a week that were rescued from a dead mom

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

I think my neighbor was the earlier one, last week.

Tracy Tracy
Aug '16

Bumping this up to inject some

((((happy thoughts))))

into the forum.

What are YOU happy about today?

I'm happy because my baby brother is in the Galapagos right now and is seeing all the amazing things there. (How weird is it that two siblings who work in completely unrelated fields *both* have jobs that have taken them to the Galapagos?! Too strange, I say.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '16

I am happy that my dinner is made and in the refrigerator just waiting to be heated up and eaten!! No labor, except turning on the oven, will be required prior to eating a delish meal :-)

Yum yum

Dallas Dallas
Aug '16

This will be my welcoming committee when I get home tonight.

2 are mine, 2 are visiting me this week.

Also happy that our rescue adoption approval email hit my inbox today. Hopefully we will be back up to 3 of our own again soon.

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Aug '16

It makes me happy to hear that these little critters are being taken care of! Thank you to those of you who make that happen.

I am happy because I woke up to a beautiful day today. I am happy because I am still able to afford my standing Thursday appointment at the hairdressers. I am happy that I have a wonderful husband who is still by my side and a loving family. And.....I am so blessed with all the wonderful friends I have acquired over the years still around and enjoying my life with me..

Joyful Joyful
Aug '16

I'm happy that my mom's cancer is in remission for now. Still have to pinch myself.. the type of cancer she was dealing with usually doesn't have a good outcome. Plus her age is another factor.

I guess sometimes it pays to be feisty and stubborn. She never backed down from anything. Lol

positive positive
Aug '16

I am happy for you and your Mother as well, Positive.......She will be in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery..

Joyful Joyful
Aug '16

Thank you Joyful. I appreciate that, you're a sweetie.

positive positive
Aug '16

I'm happy because I'm refusing to let negative people get me down anymore. As I get older I realize time is of the essence. To fill will things and people who reflect what I enjoy and do. I will never compromise anymore just to accommodate them or their agenda.

Love and light...

Natari Natari
Aug '16

positive - Wonderful to hear about your mom's success. God bless her. I had some setbacks in fighting the same disease recently, if you can believe that.

DannyC DannyC
Aug '16

Great news positive !

skippy skippy
Aug '16

I'm happy because I have a job that I enjoy and pays well, and provides me and my family with great benefits. But more importantly I'm happy because I have a wonderful caring and loving spouse who gives me everything I need and everything I've ever dreamed of. Just living the dream!

I'm happy because I met a great guy last October - and we are now living happily together - he at 69 me at 71 -- of course we met through Match.com..............
I could blather on - but - no - enough to say we love each other and we're very happy together..........

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

So happy for you 4catmom, you certainly deserve it. Was the 71 a typo meant for 17? Lol.

Stay young.

positive positive
Aug '16

thanks positive - uh - no typo I'm afraid...lol

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

Aww, that's sweet! So happy for you. I met my spouse on Craigslist in the platonic section no less. They were looking for a hiking buddy, lol .

wow - craigslist - good to hear............

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

Love happy news!! So happy for you 4catmom
!

Mariann Mariann
Aug '16

thank you -

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

You know I am happy for you...4catmom...I have been following the romance for quite some time now and so glad you both found happiness and each other..

Joyful Joyful
Aug '16

I passeded!!! I'z a gradual late!

Two more years baby...

Bubba D Truk Bubba D Truk
Aug '16

It's been a year to the day since I quit smoking cigarettes. So far, so good...

ianimal ianimal
Aug '16

We have something in common, ianimal. I just got a email that it was a year today that I leased my car..a Kia Forte...and you have a year anniversary without smoking. I think I am prouder of you for quitting than celebrating a one year anniversary of acquiring a new car. Keep up the good work!!

Joyful Joyful
Aug '16

Good for you ian. Congratulations!

positive positive
Aug '16

Good for you, ianimal!

Tracy Tracy
Aug '16

My first foster animal... is pretty cute, right?

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '16

Rebecka - Bunny with a toy bunny - too cute. Good luck keeping him/her healthy.

DannyC DannyC
Aug '16

omg adorable, Rebecka

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

Ianimal, good for you on the no smoking accomplishment, besides better health, think of the money your saving. By the way, how are those babies of yours? They must be getting big, a new picture would be nice.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

Me too, Bubba! I got my car inspected (without an appointment) and then renewed my registration. I passed, and there were no lines. I made it through both places within twenty minutes! Never made it through either place so quickly before! Thank you, DMV!

Maria Maria
Aug '16

Good job ianimal.....this October will be 3 years for me. It definitely got easier as It went along. I am surprised that after all this time though a craving will still hit out of the blue. Takes me by surprise. I just shrug it off now and remind myself how much money I'm saving lol!

Maria - Bubba has had a check engine light on for almost 4 years straight. The only time it wasn't on was the miraculous period two years ago. It was off just one day then, I took it and had it inspected, and the light went back on while I was driving home again. This time Bubba just somehow cleared out that pesky code and has been perfect for over three weeks. I seriously was thinking the light bulb just burned out it was on so long. But a quick check with the code reader said he was perfect. My story was more about the miracle of getting him through instead of DMV. Not that it wasn't funny on its own, but if anything the inspectors joke about thinking Medivac was arriving wasn't entirely necessary. ;-)

ianimal - Congrats. It's one of the most horrible addictive substances, you're doing good to get away from it.

Rebecka - Don't shoot the messenger, but my cats wants to know if he tastes like tuna. ;-)

... DH discovered the "extra" rabbit in the house late last night and wasn't upset. Actually I don't even think he was surprised. Guess he knows me pretty well lol.

Does he look like a Sammy or an Ernie to you guys?

@GC - not sure, and tell the cats no one is going to find out! :-P

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '16

Rebecka - My little long-haired two year old cat has never caught a squirrel or a rabbit. She just brings home small birds, mice, moles, snakes and crickets. She never kills them, she just plays with them...they are her toys...then I have to worry about getting them out of the house. Snakes are the most fun, slithering under my dining room table. BTW, Sammy and Ernie are both great names for your bunny.

DannyC DannyC
Sep '16

If I had a rabbit, I'd name him/her bunion.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Sep '16

Oh Rebecka you stick in the mud, spoil all my fun.

Don't call him Sammy or Ernie. I definitely say call him "Tasty". ;-)

Sugar Sugar
Sep '16

... I started a Bullet Journal today.

And I have a great life coach.

And Ernie's still here.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Ernie is still "Tasty" to me. ;-)

Sugar Sugar
Oct '16

Bullit whiskey? I think you're going to make ianimal proud.

Me, I'm back into remission after being out for a year after my Finland/Estonia/Iceland visit a year earlier. So many shots, meds, and infusions later, but it's all worth it.

That and the cold weather. ;-)

I am Happy for GC...

Joyful Joyful
Oct '16

I am also happy because I am a breast cancer survivor and am 15 years cancer free this year...

Joyful Joyful
Oct '16

Wow those are big things to be happy about!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

I love that Clark Kent works for News 12 NJ and delivers our traffic reports.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Just uncorked a bottle of wine so good it might answer the meaning-of-life question.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

I'm happy because tonight I go to bed with one hell of a president to wake up to another new hell of a president.

Oh, wait....wrong thread......pardon me.....

Haha
Nov '16

I'm happy because I know I will overcome any turmoil that may come my way.

positive positive
Nov '16

I'm happy because of the new Rockefeller Center tree, all the big time news casters learned the correct pronunciation of 'Oneonta'. ;-)

All the big time broadcasters work out of NY. They should know how to say Oneonta!

maja2 maja2
Nov '16

Yes maja, but they're also the same people that define Newburgh as 'upstate' and Poughkeepsie as 'the Canadian border'. ;-)

GC, what is correct? I've always thought it was "own-nee-ONTA"

Tracy Tracy
Nov '16

I am guilty of doing that as well, GC. I was born and raised in Middletown, New York which is even closer to New Jersey than Poughkeepsie or Oneonta and I refer to my hometown as "Upstate New York!"

joyful joyful
Nov '16

Everything that's not a borough is upstate or the island ha ha

skippy skippy
Nov '16

Tracy - That's close enough, although I would maybe write it more like "O-nee-ONTA". The combination of "own" and "nee" together makes it sound like there's two separate n's in there. I couldn't say both sounds distinctly without stopping in between.

joyful - Shame on you. You deserve a couple of winters in Potsdam for your reward. ;-)

That's basically what I meant, GC. Just not great at spelling phonetically. How did people pronounce it otherwise?

Tracy Tracy
Nov '16

Woke up to the sight of a momma bear with her three big rambunctious yearlings playing down at our pond, and have been watching them for 20 mins. So beautiful!

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

Tracy - "On-E-own-ta", "O-nee-anna", "O-nee-on-tay". You'd be surprised. Don't even get me started with Delhi or Cobleskill. People think they're in India or have brick streets. ;-)

Envying you, Rebecka - What a wonderful sight that must be - videos???

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '16

No videos. Was too early in AM. Hadn't had my coffee yet... brain unable to operate electronic devices.
;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

I just found out that I am now eligible for holiday pay, and I have accrued two vacation days. I know it's not a big deal to most, but I can enjoy my holiday next week so much more now knowing I'm not just losing a day's pay because of it.

Tracy Tracy
Nov '16

That's pretty good there Tracy - gotta cherish the small victories sometimes. Been there as a consultant and Q4 always meant unpaid time off

skippy skippy
Nov '16

August 2016: found abandoned, cold, wet and starved in backyard in Hopatcong.
November 2016: warm, loved, girlfriend and unlimited food and fun.

Life can do a 180 in a heartbeat. For all of us.

<3

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

The whole house is filled with the smells of a fire going in the fireplace and baking cheesecakes.

I think this must be the best fragrance in the whole world!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

Mmmmmmmm...cheesecake.....

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Dec '16

Pics or it didn't happen

skippy skippy
Dec '16

So happy to hear that kiosks are opening in NJ for people to drop off their unused prescription drugs. This could be such an important step in reducing drug abuse and the impacts thereof. Bravo to everyone who helped make this happen.

@skippy - apologies, I missed your previous request or I would gladly have obliged!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

DH simply saying, "let me guess, one of those is our next dog" when I showed him a pic of a couple pups...

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

When horrendous people who thrive on fraud and deception as a way through life, finally get what they deserve.

I met someone :-)

Dallas Dallas
Mar '17

Good for you Dallas!!! May your happiness continue!

Thanks RAS!

Dallas Dallas
Mar '17

It's cold out today, but with this beautiful sunshine and the crocuses blooming, Spring does feel just around the corner!

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '17

The Big Lebowski is on again. Last 2 songs....send me dead flowers and viva Las Vegas. Ahhhhhhhh.....the best.
If there were only more Dudes around.

A good day
Mar '17

... I can text my neighbor out of the blue at 8:30 in the evening: "Save room for dessert." and he knows exactly what I mean.

Ps it just means I've been baking and will be bringing him something - for any of you with "creative" minds. ;-D

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '17

... I just hit 9-8 in the Oregon-Michigan game for $200. Ka-ching!!!!

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Mar '17

Winning

skippy skippy
Mar '17

Addicts. ;-)

Winning more. Another $200 for the 8-6 in the Kansas-Purdue game, lol.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Mar '17

Another triple stumper - I not only know "Tonga", I've *seen* the blow holes.

Take me to Tonga... please! :-P
Seems so beautiful.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '17

Rebecka - Tonga isn't for everyone because it's more off the beaten track. If you really don't want to feel like home then Hawaii is ultra Americanized. Tahiti and French Poly is tres francais. Fiji has its own charms but its own troubles. Tonga is a very unique and unspoiled place that's very accessible (on the flight path to NZ) but just the right mix of available and behind the times. Not a bird sanctuary if you wanted that, but the crafts are the most special (we were told 'Only the Tongan ladies can make circular mats like that), the blow holes are extraordinary, and the flying foxes are seen only there and in Samoa. A very special place that not enough people know about.

My mom had the very special circular mat brought back to the US years later, and framed it. Mom doesn't have the room for it since she downsized, so now it hangs in my living room. That's the picture I've posted here. Given that, how could I not know the Jeopardy answer? It reminds me of the movie Slum Dog Millionaire. It's not necessarily knowing the answer. It's the trusting fate of what question you are asked. ;-)

"A very special place that not enough people know about."
But thanks to you, now more people do. And who knows who will end up there because of you sharing...
More of us need to see more of the beautiful planet.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '17

My somewhat ancient iPhone 5c pooped out on me last night. The usual self restarts didn't work. Thank goodness I had to pick up our repaired laptop this morning and connected to iTunes and got the old girl back:)
During the time it was restoring and updating, I got to watch our local hawk setting up her nest in a tree on our property.
Gotta look on the bright side some times:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Apr '17

Just thought of a potential great way to do good and give back.... hoping my little project can work out. Waiting to hear back from the person I would need to donate a little something first... crossing our fingers (and paws)...

Rebecka Rebecka
May '17

im happy we got a dash cam so we can record the police constantly harassing us :)

have you seen the Mobile Justice New Jersey app that the ACLU puts out?

The ACLU app automatically sends the recorded footage to the state chapter.
The ACLU apps also has a report function that allows users to send information about a police encounter they recorded, or even one they saw but did not get a chance to record.

FiVo Film, which costs $1.99 in the App Store, allows you link recordings to a Dropbox account.

Here is the case law -

Glik v. Cunniffe, 655 F.3d 78, 85 (1st Cir. 2011) ("[A] citizen's right to film government officials, including law enforcement officers, in the discharge of their duties in a public space is a basic, vital, and well-established liberty safeguarded by the First Amendment.");

Ramos v. Flowers, Docket No. A-4910-10T3 (N.J. App. Div. Sept. 21, 2012), relying heavily on the First Circuit's reasoning in the Glik case.

One party consent law 2A:156A-3, -4.

I would print out the citations and have them with you

http://www.theiacp.org/Portals/0/documents/pdfs/IACP_PROPTrifold.pdf

get ready to get a $54 ticket every time you get stopped
39:3-74 Obstruction of Windshield for Vision

Unsafe Driving Violation N.J.S.A. 39:4-97.2 is another good general purpose ticket as well.

let me know what your paying for car insurance this time next year. best of luck

skippy skippy
May '17

Can you tell us about your project Rebecca ?

skippy skippy
May '17

I'm afraid to jinx it!! Give me 24 hours...

Rebecka Rebecka
May '17

Looking forward to hearing about it

skippy skippy
May '17

Well it didn't even take 24 hours. I have the nicest people as friends. Ms. Jane Dancosse of Janry has just agreed to donate one of her beautiful German Shepherd puppies to my "big idea." She has two litters of puppies who are now about 6 weeks old, and the destiny of one of them has just changed: he will be trained to be a service dog and given free of charge to a wounded veteran, aka American hero. (I'll provide his care and training.) I think I will make a website to document his journey. Stay tuned. p.s. DH is not yet appraised of my Big Idea, so it's just between me and you guys, ok?!

Rebecka Rebecka
May '17

We won't tell! That's awesome!! I knew you raised Shepards but did not know you could do all that - bravo!

skippy skippy
May '17

An awesome project Rebecka - ANYTHING that has to do with helping our Vets, is near and dear to my heart - can't wait to see the website and follow the journey

thanks for sharing

Wendy

wbeleno wbeleno
May '17

What an absolutely wonderful thing to do for our vets!!

And I'm sure the pupper will be happy about it

skippy skippy
May '17

I am overwhelmed by the generosity of my friends who are stepping up and volunteering -- and already being instrumental! -- in helping to get a trained service dog into the hands of a deserving hero. Skippy, a heartfelt thank you for reaching out unprompted, asking if you could help to raise money, and taking the time to put me in touch with a local NJ organization who may be able to identify our veteran in need, to be the recipient of Hawkeye the service dog!

(Side note: I'm not sure we will need to ask for monetary donations for this project. The big expense - the puppy - has been pledged. So many people are volunteering their professional services and time for free. It's turning out to be an amazing community endeavor.)

Rebecka Rebecka
May '17

sent you another email about a different group

skippy skippy
May '17

Oh wow!!! This is so amazing!! Literally brought tears to my eyes! I wish I had a skill to donate!

dadogmomma dadogmomma
May '17

the pupper will need upkeep for the next 15 years - I am sure there will be plenty of giving opportunities for all of us

skippy skippy
May '17

This makes me happy too :) Thank you for doing it! And thanks to Janry for their generosity!

maja2 maja2
May '17

Official declaration today. Back in clinical remission. Flare up from two years ago went from minor to major quickly. Not 100% done a year ago. But now complete remission. Finally back to being normal.

Congratulations, GC..So happy for you!

Joyful Joyful
Jul '17

Wonderful!!

positive positive
Jul '17

Wonderful word to hear, remission. Very happy for you.

Jul '17

GC, very happy for the good news! Dealing with similar in my family and there could not be better news!

Yankeefan Yankeefan
Jul '17

Congrats

skippy skippy
Jul '17

Happy news GC!!

maja2 maja2
Jul '17

Happy to hear, GC!

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '17

So glad to hear that GC! Congrats and wishing you many more years of good health! :)

That is the happiest news there is. Awesome!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '17

So happy for you! Stay that way!

Dansker Dansker
Jul '17

Very happy news GC!!!

Love to Sing Love to Sing
Jul '17

Thank you all very much. Yesterday's news wasn't a certainty so it was extremely welcome when I got it.

joyful - Big Thank You to you and "The Duke" for helping me out along the way.

Dansker - Thanks, I plan on that. If I keep this way a second year I can get off some of my meds.

Yankeefan - To be clear in case its not what you expected when you mentioned your family, many people associate the word "remission" with cancer. That's not not my situation, it's a different health issue.

Still glad you're well and more importantly mentally relieved

skippy skippy
Jul '17

Congrats, GC! Glad you're doing well.

Tracy Tracy
Jul '17

GC, sorry to hear that you had the issue in the first place but glad to hear it's in remission. There's nothing more important than one's health.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '17

Not only did I secure Planning Board approval for a 10MW Solar Farm for a client tonight, I also extracted a pair of size 3T Joe Boxers from the bowels of my powder room toilet... while still wearing my suit. Call a plumber, she says.... pfft.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Jul '17

Just heard the passing results, we now officially have a CNA in the family!! ;-)

That's wonderful GC..a very good week for you. Very much deserving.

Maybe a good time to play the lottery?

positive positive
Jul '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.