Local car wash recommendation

Hello

Can anyone recommend a local car wash that will clean the inside of the car as well as the outside? Not a complete detailing but windows , vacuuming , wipe down , etc?

Thanks

Brandyb Brandyb
Jul '14

Budd Lake has one. Not sure of name, but its after the Asian Bistro. Someone will come on after me and fill in the missing details

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jul '14

Thank you Clyde , we will find it

Have a good day !

Brandyb Brandyb
Jul '14

There is one in randolph dover area off of RT 10 its a BP gas station. Its the best around.

My husband just went to the one in Budd Lake and is on his way home. He said they did a great job for the price and the time spent. Thanks again Clyde.

Mr M, we will keep the other in mind for next time, thank you

Brandyb Brandyb
Jul '14

Legends Car Wash in Roxbury near Cliff's Ice Cream

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '14

Car wash next to the inspection station in Washington. $18.00 and they do the inside, outside, windows and even do a great tire wash..best deal around...

boobalaa boobalaa
Jul '14

Ultimate Hand Car Wash in Budd Lake on 46. That's where we take our cars. They do an excellent job!

Marjorie Marjorie
Jul '14

I like the Washington one. They do a nice job.

happycamper happycamper
Jul '14

A+ for the Washington Car wash next to Inspectation Station.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Jul '14

During the Winter months I usually frequent the one Mr M mentioned above just off Rt 10 in Randolph (Clean Way Hand Car Wash) on the way home from work in the morning as they open at 8AM. No complaints.

http://www.cleanwayexpress.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/clean-way-hand-car-wash-randolph#9encE75Ivv_AVBKflXhV6g

Not really feeling Ultimate Hand Car Wash in Budd Lake since they changed ownership last year. Went there a few times and they rushed the cars through the wash. They always made sure they got me for the extra $2 oversize truck/van surcharge especially since I didn't purchase a premium wash package. IMO, a Toyota Tacoma and Sienna are not oversized vehicles. Would be a different story if I had a Tundra and Sequoia.

As far as the Washington car wash (Not a hand car wash) next to the inspection station on Rt 31, I know they upgraded their equipment recently. They really needed it too. Will have to try them again based on some positive reviews above.

Went to Legends today --- mediocre at best and windows were not properly dried - ugh --what's better??

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '15

I need to find a local car wash that does hand washing, my van will not fit in the mechanical washers

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Is there a touchless one (other than that Scrub a dub place on 57)? I really preffer the touchless ones in the winter, as they don't scratch my paint with salt and sand from the brushes.

CharlieB CharlieB
Feb '15

u people kill me !

fitter fitter
Feb '15

What do you mean "you people"?!?

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

Does anyone know if the touchless one is fixed yet? It was closed today.

megan megan
Feb '15

Darrin - Don't feed the trolls. ;-)

Talked to the owner of the car wash on Rt 57 about a month ago; he has to close the "touchless" bay when the weather is too cold (especially if it's also windy) because the water gets into the track for the doors and freezes, and then the doors stop working. Apparently, he's afraid a car might pull in, the doors come down, and then not go back up.

JerryG JerryG
Feb '15

I have been trying to get ours washed for a week and everytime I try the lines are crazy!

Christine Christine
Feb '15

What happened to Zanes. I am sure its been discussed but I must have missed it

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Feb '15

They were working on it today. It looked like they may have been trying to fix something. Hope it's working soon.

megan megan
Feb '15

There hardly are any full service car washes around anymore. The one in Washington, near the inspection station, isn't bad, but I waited over 45 minutes a few weeks ago for a wash. The other two in Washington have both closed. Are there any others in H'town besides Zane's?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Some of these 45 degree days seem like a good time for the boy/girl scouts to make a killing on a fundraiser wash!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

I like the one in Flanders, near Shop Rite. They will also clean the mats. Cheaper than Legends.

auntiel auntiel
Feb '15

I totally agree Darrin.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

The best car wash HANDS DOWN is Chester Car Wash. They are always open, do full service, detailing, whatever you want. Zanes is really irritating me. I wish it would go to sale, because it's current owners suck. I waited this weekend over and hour and a half at scrub a dub, mainly because once I was in, I couldn't get out. Zanes needs to open, or sell asap

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Feb '15

For $2.50 you can do it yourself at Scrub A Dub on 57. Only takes a few minutes, and at least it gets the salt, etc off. When it gets warmer the lines will get shorter, and hopefully all the carwashes will be open again.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Feb '15

I can never finish cleaning my car in the time that the 2.50 buys you, even rushing! I end up spending 6-8 bucks

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

"For $2.50 you can do it yourself at Scrub A Dub on 57."

Hahahahaha! Do it myself? NEVER!!!!

I have vacuumed the inside and cleaned the windows myself. I don't do exterior work. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Just had my car done on Tuesday - best car wash I have ever been to! My car was crusted over with salt and they got it looking like new again!!

opps - in Chester!!

Why bother? My car is so filthy and disgusting, but every time I think about maybe taking it to Scrub a Dub to rinse it off, it snows again. I'll save my money until the spring. When I'll also have my car in a nice new garage.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '15

I am big on getting underbody washes to get the salt off. If you let that stuff stay crusted on you become prone to a lot of rusting.

I know a guy with the same truck as mine, and I have more miles (40,000 more), He never washes his, I was mine after every time I am done in the salt. I have almost no rust at all and his liower body and frame is just about gone....only difference is I wash mine, he doesn't

Darrin Darrin
Feb '15

I second the Chester Car Wash. Went last week when all others were closed. Tipped the guys almost what it cost since they were working in 10 degree weather. My brownish car was completely white from the salt.

Blackcat Blackcat
Feb '15

is there a carwash near here that you can stay in the car? I remember my dad taking us thru as kids it was fun.

stressed out stressed out
Feb '15

You can stay in the car at the one in Washington. Just get the exterior wash only.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

Scrub a dub next to dairy queen in town has a drive thru car wash

townie14 townie14
Feb '15

The car wash in Byram on RT 206 lets you stay in the car.

Monica Monica
Feb '15

The car wash in Byram on 206 ripped one of the tail lights off of my Jeep Wrangler...he 1st told me "no way his equipment did it" ( I had vacuumed just before going there, so I knew the light was there ..., then when we walked thru, it was laying there,lens cracked, the screws were ripped out of the body...he told me he would pay to replace, just bring a receipt .
..I bought a new tail light assembly ( aftermarket ) off of internet , complete with housing , lens, etc. for $52.00 ..I went to get the monies, he wanted to pay me $35.00 !!
Never even asked about labor to install or offered to install.

Will never get my business again and every opportunity I have, will speak of my experience and warn others.

Steven Steven
Feb '15

Mine Hill has a 7 dollar Car Wash...for the cheap bastards!

Not sure what type of hooptie...has a tailight ripped off by a carwash but buy a new finnnn car! lol

RU stopped there yesterday as that is the car wash I always used when I was younger, and whenever I am down near my parents and need something quick btw that is Kenvil not Mine Hill. Basic wash is 7 bucks, and it goes up from there. Wash may be for us "cheap bastards", but my tip was 5 bucks for the guy who has been working there forever, standing outside freezing his butt off, as I sat inside all toasty warm and my car is sparkly, tires clean, mirrors wiped down, windows perfectly clean. Couldn't ask for a better job for a quick wash.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '15

Re: Local car wash recommendation

Went to the Clean Way Express Hand Car wash in Randolph on my way home from work Saturday morning. This was how the line looked all the way out to the street when I got there 5 minutes after they opened!! LOL!

Re: Local car wash recommendation

Pic attached of Cleanway's prices. They looked a bit higher than I remember them last. Looks like they raised everything a buck.

Used to be a big fan of the Budd Lake ultimate hand wash on 46. They have gone through several ownership changes over the years and they were really good for a period of time, but wow, now they are as bad as they ever were. Today their pizza came while they were working on my car (and a whole bunch of other cars) so every customer has to rand around and wait while the guys are their pizza - when they finally got around to it my car, they did a horrible job, missing huge sections of road dirt - windows poorly done, didn't even open by hatchback, spacing armor all all over my chrome wheels, and then when I got home, their pizza crust was in the back floorboard. All of this after the guy that takes your order tries to up-sell you on everything you don't want and tried to talk you out of everything you do want.

The sad part of all of this is, the equipment and the location are great - - its the people. They are more focused on smoking their cigarettes, texting on their phones, and eating pizza than they are getting their customers taken care of. Very unfortunate.

texaskeystone texaskeystone
Feb '16

Zane's is up and running today. Not a bad job. Got the salt off.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Feb '17

Zane's did a crap job on our car -

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

chester carwash. nice job, consistently gresat....

dsl1121 dsl1121
Feb '17

Kind of sad that you have to drive all the way to chester to get a decent car wash.

bgood105 bgood105
Feb '17

I know it's out of the area for most of the folks here but I've been pleased with the Shammy Shine car washes down in Clinton. There are two of them in Clinton and I hit either one of them up on my way home from my part time job in Flemington. I get the cheapo exterior wash for $7.50 and can't complain. If it's the winter months I make sure to get the underbody wash.

Not sure about all the drama in the reviews but I prefer this location over the one linked below this one because it has newer equipment and FREE vac's available before or after your wash:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/shammy-shine-car-wash-clinton-2

This location has the older equipment and the vac's are not free:
http://www.shammyshine.com/2015/11/04/clinton-i-nj/

Sparkle Car Wash over in Easton near the Wegman's gets a two thumbs up from me as well. I've never been to their Stroudsburg location so can't comment on that.
http://www.sparklecarwash.net/#/Home

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
May '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.