REUNITED Rottweiler Mix, Rockport Rd.

REUNITED  Rottweiler Mix, Rockport Rd.

Scooby a black a tan rotweiller mix ran away last night while we left for vacation. Please if anyone sees him call our cell 908 246 5003. We are on our way back to look for him now. Scooby doesn't have a collar on because he plays rough with his best buddy and we didn't want them to get hurt. He lives on rockport road in Mansfield.

Michele cameron Michele cameron
Jul '14

I'll keep an eye out. Is he a friendly dog that will jump in a car?

Scooby will do anything for a piece of cheese! He is friendly but I'm sure a big baby right now because he's never been out of the yard

Michele Cameron Michele Cameron
Jul '14

Where on Rockport? Are you the house with the Doberman also? I'll keep an eye out.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Jul '14

Re: REUNITED  Rottweiler Mix, Rockport Rd.

Just spoke with owners. Scooby was last seen on Jackson Valley Rd. If you look on a map, he probably cut from Rockport to Jackson Valley off-road, near Karrsville Rd. Going out to look now in that area now (with cheese). Come home, Scooby!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

Still looking!

Michele Michele
Jul '14

We live on Karrville- we will be looking

Nosila Nosila
Jul '14

Still looking for scooby!!!

Michele Michele
Jul '14

Drove all around the area, did not spot him. Saw a few people out walking and in their yards and asked them to keep an eye out and call ACO or police if they spotted him.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

out looking

cheyenne's mon cheyenne's mon
Jul '14

Thank you everyone for all of your help. I stopped back at the house to see if he made it home. He didn't :(

Michele Michele
Jul '14

I looked for him out to the end of Jackson Valley/Rte 31. Nothing. I did find a little dog trying to cross Mt. Bethel, dragging a leash behind him. I found his owner and he's safely back home.

A neighbor and I will go out again in about an hour to look for him.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

Been out Most of the day looking for Scooby

cheyenne's mom cheyenne's mom
Jul '14

Put this on the Hackettstown radio - (908) 850-1000. Hope you find him! :)

Aunt Joyce
Jul '14

Everyone, I can't tell you how blessed I feel to live in an area where there are so many caring people. I met a lot of you today during our search for Scooby. I'm going to put his bed, favorite blanket and food by the front gate tonight in hopes that he catches the scent.

Again thank you and I will let you know as soon as we see him.

Scott & Michele

Michele Michele
Jul '14

I want to cry reading this... I also have a Scooby and a scrappy. I hope he comes home soon.

luvjazz luvjazz
Jul '14

I hope you found your dog - what happened?

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

Not yet ;(

My husband and I left yesterday for Lake George for the weekend. I got a call from my step son last night saying that he was missing. I think he jumped the fence. There was no other way for him to get out. He's not used to me leaving him. I drove back early this morning and have been looking for him all day. I'll be back out in the morning. I'm so sad right now, I think he feels like I left him. I really am with him all the time, I even work at home.

Michele Michele
Jul '14

I just got back looking for him too.

I will go back out early and try to find him.

You should grill some bacon up too. Also, make sure you leave the gate open tonight too.

Nosila Nosila
Jul '14

hope you find him soon - is your step son out looking?

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

Does anyone remember that thread from a couple weeks back with the two missing pups? and a White Jeep picked them up. I'm trying to find that thread again. Seeing if a visit should be made.

Nosila Nosila
Jul '14

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/612332#t612566

Let me know if you want me to go with you.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Jul '14

Michele, since he is so attached to you, perhaps put a few articles of your clothing out where he might smell them. That way you're not luring unwanted animals with food. I read this tip on Facebook from someone who used it to bring their own dog back.

Davis Davis
Jul '14

Scooby didn't make it home last night. I put out his bed and some of our clothes to help him. I think he must be too far away. We are going to widen the search today. I'm having such a hard time understanding how no one has seen him! No calls to the police or animal control. He must be so scared.

I know Diesel really misses him.

Michele Michele
Jul '14

Skippy — Everyone in my family has been looking for Scooby. My father in law has been here since 4:00 this morning from PA and was here all day yesterday ... I feel horrible and my step-son feels a little worse because it happened on his watch.

Michele Michele
Jul '14

Michelle maybe we should put up posters

Nosila2 Nosila2
Jul '14

Did anyone look on the NJ lost and found - am sure someone has.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

Also, call all animal control offices outside of the area..by PA area too. Also, if by the end of the day there are no sightings that would be a bit odd...possibly someone picked her up or stuck somewhere..perhaps the tracking dogs could come into use before scents fades. This was discussed on prior threads regarding missing dogs. Good luck

villani villani
Jul '14

Posted Scooby to Facebook's NJ Lost and Found Pets page.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

We are are going to put flyers up today. And we pray that helps. Please keep the faith, I can't even imagine him being hurt or stuck. That would make me completely lose it!

Michele Michele
Jul '14

I'm going out to look in about 20 minutes, Any suggestions to where I should search?

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Jul '14

Shared to FB

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jul '14

Just read on Facebook he was spotted near Hoffman road 6:30 this morning. Come home Scooby!!

molly
Jul '14

I shared this on my FB page as well. Come home Scooby!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

I think that was 6:30 yesterday morning- But could be wrong.

I just went out again. We need to get signs up & hope someone who doesn't have the internet may have him waiting for Monday bc they are unsure what to do

Nosila Nosila
Jul '14

hope you find him poor puppy

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

There has been a Scooby sighting :) Scooby's parents are sitting quietly with their other dog right now where the dog has been seen several times.

I saw Scooby and I was so close but he is so scared that he is in trouble.

Nosila Nosila
Jul '14

Nosila: Where was your Scooby sighting?

LovesPets LovesPets
Jul '14

If anyone can do this, you can, Nosila! I'm praying for you.

Martha
Jul '14

Still in the area of Valley/Jackson/Karrville area.

I pulled down the road and there was Scooby!!! There was a car in front of me. Scooby wanted to go in their back door. However, they were from NY and we can't expect everyone to just open their back door and let a strangers dog in their car. I got out of my car and tried to call him...he looked at me and then another car started coming the other direction and scared him and he ran like hell. I tried to follow him just to see where he was going but lost him.

Michelle and Scott, Scooby's owners are trying to wait him out. We all went home because didn't want to scare him out of the area.

I know Baci's Mom was there, Cheyenne's parents were there, and a bunch of other people but not sure who they all were.

Nosila Nosila
Jul '14

The suspense and stress is Killing me!!!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Jul '14

I'm just happy their was a sighting and that i saw it. Sometimes I feel like I'm looking with no direction.

I have a good feeling he will be home by mid-morning tomorrow.

Nosila Nosila
Jul '14

I just got in from a leisurely ride up Hoffman, to Jackson Valley, looped around Mitchell back to Valley, and up over Karrsville; sorry to report, no sighting. I am a few houses up on Rockport from Karrsville Rd, we will keep our eyes peeled!

LovesPets LovesPets
Jul '14

I have a feeling he's probably tired out from all the running earlier and bedded down. Hopefully he'll come out for his "brother" and owners. Hoping the next time we hear from Michelle, it'll be good news.

Poor Nosila's legs are all scratched up from heading into the woods after him. I definitely want her help if my bunnies ever get loose!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Jul '14

I think someone should write a book about all these rescues - come home Scooby, we are rooting for you.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

What a day! Scooby is bedded down somewhere ... we sat up on the mountain for more than two hours with food and our other dog and Scooby never showed. I don't know which way he ran but the good news is that we know he is ok. 9:00 is bed-time so I know he's sleeping now. I'll be back out at sunrise.

A little Scooby history: He had 4 homes before he came to me at only 4 months old. I was to babysit for a few weeks, which has turned into 2 years because he's such a loving boy and I wouldn't give him up. It took us a long time to get him over separation anxiety, when I would go to Shop Rite he would rearrange the house. He never ate anything but he would move everything around. When I would get home he would cower down and do the army crawl, I think he was abused before he came to us and he's never forgotten it. He's been better for about a year now. Couch in the same spot when I get home!

Friday morning he saw the suitcase come out as we planned Lake George for the weekend. He was obviously upset and jumped the fence that night. Right now I think he would love to come home to the security of his yard, his buddy and all his treats and toys but I have a feeling he thinks he's in lots of trouble. He started to run to Scott at one point today, would stop and cower down, run a little closer to him, and then he ran away. I believe he is very scared and will be very relived when he finally gets his pats and is told that he's a good boy. We just need to get close enough to tell him.

I am - we are - blessed to live in such a place where people are still kind and neighbors help and care. The love and kindness our family and neighbors have given over the past two days has been amazing. I know it will not have all been fruitless and Scooby will be safe and sound soon. I’m counting on tomorrow! Thank you everyone!

Michele Michele
Jul '14

I shared him on facebook and texted all of my friends locally.

Posting signs with definitely help especially with am commuting traffic...

Come home Scooby!!!!!

Summer Summer
Jul '14

Im really sorry to hear that Scooby is missing. My dog did the same not too long ago. The feeling you get is horrible. I really hope you find him. I will be praying for him tonight!!

Bella76 Bella76
Jul '14

Bring a crinkly bag with treats in it like a potato chip bag & a large beach towel- when he gets close crinkle the bag to get him in close to distract him and then throw the towel over his head and quickly collar him. Ideally you have 2 people on scene one with the bag the other with the towel & collar.

Good luck

Im glad there are some many caring people out there helping look for this dog (and others) but I would think too many people out there would spook him off. Just saying. Hope he is found soon.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jul '14

THEY GOT SCOOBY!!!!!!!!!

Just now so I'm sure Michele will come on here and give us an update when they get home.

Nosila Nosila
Jul '14

I am so happy - I believe he was walking rt 46 & rt 31
there was a truck (road crew type) following him and trying to catch him
I called in to Scott & left a msg
for all that he has been thru he looked good, but scared.

so happy.

Wendy

wbeleno wbeleno
Jul '14

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Autobiography has a great ending!!!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Jul '14

Great news! So glad to hear it!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

So thrilled!! Made my day!!

molly
Jul '14

Wonderful news to start the day!!!!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Jul '14

Such happy news!!

Wonderful!

Christine Christine
Jul '14

Whoo-hoo! Mama must be overjoyed and so relieved! Hugs to both!

Martha
Jul '14

This is the BEST news! I love seeing Scooby in his yard whenever I drive by! So VERY happy he is safe and heading home!

LovesPets LovesPets
Jul '14

Yay!! Great news! So glad this story has a happy ending

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '14

I can't thank everyone enough for all of their efforts. After tracking Scooby down at the Fish Hatchery this morning and then along the river for a mile or so next to Route 46 it was cookies and McDonald's that he couldn't resist.

I had called to him as we were pretty sure he crossed the river at one point, we must have been right because I turned around and there he was following us!

He's home safe and sound, and going to the vet for a check up after a long deserved nap!

Scooby would like to meet everyone that was worried for him. We are going to have pizza and a fire-pit Friday night at our house for anyone that would like to come around 6:30.

We hope to see you all!!

Scott & Michele

Michele Michele
Jul '14

ahhhh great news! now you can rest

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

Omg I couldn't sleep thinking about Scooby. I told my daughter and she almost cried. We're in PV and were trying to figure out when we could help search. I'm so glad he is home safe and being loved.

luvjazz luvjazz
Jul '14

Great news! So very happy for you. :)

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Jul '14

Good job.

Couldn't be happier. Welcome home, Scooby!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

So happy you found him!! I cried of happiness when i read your post. Thanks God and the people who help to find him. How did you track him. He went far. So glad he is back home. Yayyyy Scooby!!!

Bella76 Bella76
Jul '14

Yay!

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

So happy he is home safe....there are a lot of nice people on this forum....

bowie bowie
Jul '14

So happy Scooby is home!

Aquarius Aquarius
Jul '14

Good deal!

Scooooobbbyyyy!! Great great news!!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jul '14

So glad he is home, will update my fb notice, so nice for a great happy ending.
Scooby dooby doo!!!

wendola wendola
Jul '14

Glad to hear he is home. :)

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jul '14

Stay home Scooby ! :) Glad he is home safe and well - thanks to all who helped.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

GREAT NEWS :-)!!

Thank God!!

I will update my facebook too!!

Summer Summer
Jul '14

this reminded me too....I have a Chihuahua that I should get micro chipped...just in case

Summer Summer
Jul '14

Great to hear the good news!!! ;) I guess Kimmy knows by now?? :)

Aunt Joyce
Jul '14

Yes she does, I called them earlier :)

Michele Michele
Jul '14

YAY - I was very happy to read this a bit earlier. I'd planned on heading down to the DMV, then searching for him on the way back, but I'm just glad he was found sooner rather than even later!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '14

@Summer - there is $10 microchipping at PetValu in Mansfield this Sunday. It's a great deal.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

how is scooby after his outing? any damage? Thoughts and prayers

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

Thanks Rebecka :-)!

How is Scooby feeling?

Summer Summer
Jul '14

Scooby is soooo tired. He's eating and drinking and very happy to have both. He has a vet appointment in the morning. I'm going to talk to the doc not only about the chip but also gps.

Something very sweet ... I never saw a dog smile before but I swear that's what he did when he saw my husband. He truly got a big grin on his face. Look at the pic.

Michele Michele
Jul '14

Michele- So happy to see Scooby happy and home. I have a feeling you dont have to worry about him leaving again.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2012/04/how-to-track-a-lost-animal/index.htm

Nosila Nosila
Jul '14

What a wonderful picture!!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Jul '14

Great picture!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

This was one of the most heart wrenching stories to be posted on this site!!!!

You truly had me stressed to the max worrying about you dog!

Thank goodness it ended well other that screwing up a Great Weekend on Lake George!!!!!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Jul '14

So happy for you guys !!your husband stopped my daughter and I at Comcast fields along if we had seen him. ... we felt terrible. ....So so happy that he is safe and home and Also that there are so many caring people in or area !!!!

sharon hutkowski sharon hutkowski
Jul '14

@ Rebecka - "there is $10 microchipping at PetValu in Mansfield this Sunday. It's a great deal."
Is this the total cost ?
Is there an additional registration fee?
I have 5 dogs I'd like to get chipped.
Thanks

MikeL MikeL
Jul '14

I do believe that is a smile on Scooby's face. All of our faces actually :)

so very happy you guys got scooby back home, it's a good thing.

it's great the way people pull together for each other on this board. i love it, i really do . . .

quite frankly, this is the reason why i moved my family to a small town, and i have not been disappointed in that decision.

btw, my wife is very interested in tagging me with that chip thingy, what is it and how does it work? (she wants me to be able to be 'located' 24/7/365)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '14

Scooby's vet appointment went well, he's just really tired. He walks a few feet out in the yard and lays down. I suspect he'll need a few days.

We signed up for the PawPrintsID Tag. It's a start but the problem with these things is that you have to be able to scan the tag to see where the dog belongs (this system won't work for your wife BrotherDog, LOL). What she and I need is a GPS system!

PS - Glad you guys could see the smile, I was hoping to not sound like a nut!

PSS - Mr. Negative - Sorry for the stress but way to see the positive, maybe you're not so negative after all ;)

Michele Michele
Jul '14

Awesome news about Scooby!!!

Brandyb Brandyb
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.