Internet Provider and Cell Phone Company Help Needed

Hello, I am currently new to the area and am at a lost as to what is available to me for my internet provider and which cell phone companies are best for this area. Would you be so kind as to clue me in to something I am basically clueless to right now? I just want to save a few bucks and noticed the high rate of verizon wireless for my cell phone and comcast for my cable, phone, internet charges which are pretty high for me. What do you recommend or is this what I am basically stuck with?

THANK YOU in advance for any information you may be so kind to share. It will be greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend! Looking forward to hearing from you guys soon. Bye the way,I am in Hackettstown.

LOST TO TECHNOLOGY
Jul '14

Do a Forum search at the top of the page. There are individual discussions about phone, TV, and internet. To summarize:

There are two TV choices - your local cable (Comcast is sounds like for you) and the dish. The prices are not that different but you tend to get more channels with dish. But you need to check what kind of reception you get.

Internet is also two basic choices - your local cable is the only high speed, and DSL from the local phone company. (which is either Verizon or Century depending on where you live)

Phone there are a number of choices for cells, a lot comes down to how much usage and what calling plan makes sense for you. Reception in the remote areas can be spotty in the woods no matter what provider you have. Best bet is to go over plans with a couple of providers. Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and some smaller companies are all available.

For TV, if you're a sports fan, Comcast only carries the Phila area teams. If you're a fan of NYC teams esp hockey, they do NOT carry MSG so you'd be out of luck there. I looked at both Dish and Directv, and went with Directv.

JerryG JerryG
Jul '14

I had a choice of PA channels or NY channels. I have NY with Comcast and the full package. All I can say it works.

Old Gent Old Gent
Jul '14

JerryG - In Hackettstown I have the exact opposite of what you said. I get MSG, MSG+, and MSG2 that carries all of the Rangers and Devils games no matter what. It's the Flyers games they block for me. And believe me, I bleed orange and black. ;-)

In Hackettstown and a lot of the surrounding area AT&T has very fast LTE, up over 50mb/s. AT&T has a shop on 57.
You usually don't have much choice in ISPs, for me, its verizon DSL, or comcast, so naturally I have comcast (BlastPlus)

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Jul '14

Jerry-Im in Port Murray and have Comcast and get all the Giants and Jets games, on regular channels. Dont know about baseball or hockey. Dont watch them.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jul '14

GC: Devils fan here, so at least we can both take comfort in seeing the Blueshirts NOT WIN yet another Cup. :)

JerryG JerryG
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.