Johnsonburg Road Detour - Bad Joke?

Like the subject says, is this some form of bad joke I don't get? 10+ miles out of the way, dropped on a completely different road at the end of the detour signs? Really?

To whoever posted the detour signs, thanks for screwing up my evening plans. There's a special circle of hell reserved for people like you.

The_Bishop The_Bishop
Jul '14

That's somewhat like the detour around the closed Stanhope-Brooklyn Rd. Detour. As you go west and hit the closure, they send you to the right up Stanhope-Sparta Road for miles, then a left so that you drive around the western shore of Lake Lackawanna, until you come out onto Route 206 & Lackawanna Drive at the Byram shopping center, several miles north of where Stanhope-Brooklyn Road comes out onto Rt. 181! The first couple of days, they had little "detour" signage even so anyone not from the area or who'd never happened to go that way would be totally confused!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '14

The_Bishop you make a good point. I needed to get to Rt 94 ( Wilbur's Country Store) last weekend but didn't follow detour- I went Kennedy Rd to South St , that might not be the name I think it starts with an H and that turns in to Greendel Rd and then back onto Johnsonburg Rd. I saw the signs for the detour and said Um...I don't think so.

Firefly Firefly
Jul '14

that detour was totally absurd - going home I took Alfano - back to PV ---1/2 the time -
calling it a bad joke is being very polite

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

Yes the detour is a total joke..... FYI if traveling it that way again take Kennedy Road to a left turn onto Maple Lane just past Tranquility Vet. Maple Lane will drop you back onto Allamuchy/Johnsonburg Road.

Outsider Outsider
Jul '14

The detour is on County Roads and goes that way because Green didn't want traffic on local roads. Learn the local/side roads and you'll get through there muuuuuch quicker.

btownguy btownguy
Jul '14

lmao i thought it was a joke too the detour dosnt make any sense

MY98VR6 MY98VR6
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.