Bear Sighting 8:40am 7/18

This bear ran up on my car on Hamilton Drive. It was amazing. I wanted to take a picture but I was so shocked I couldn't get my phone out.

-- The park ranger said, "He's not your average bear!"

John P. John P.
Jul '14

Re: Bear Sighting 8:40am 7/18

They are everywhere this year. I'm towards the west end of Russling Rd and since early 2008 there is a female around here that has twice had triplets and this year has twins so the population is increasing at a good rate. I would imagine that the large male that passes through my yard all the time could be responsible.

Here is a pic of her with one of her cubs. The other one is behind her in the woods. They seem to like to play in my yard.

That wasn't a bear, it was me taking my morning walk. LOL

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

We had a visit from Mr. Bear back in our yard Wednesday Morning...he could not get the garbage can lid open as it was tightly tied down and sealed so he proceeded to punch a hole in the can causing the top to pop ...he dragged out the garbage bags...opened them and realized that the contents was not to his liking "we have been pouring ammonia in the cans" and proceeded to spread it all over the lawn anyway. As much to say....I'M BACK!!!

joyful joyful
Jul '14

A black bear ran out onto 57 in beattystown last friday morning. It ran across the street then ran between 2 houses to get to the river.

Denise Denise
Jul '14

Our four legged friend has been hanging out in Diamond Hill over the past two weeks. He/She raided some trash cans last Thursday morning and then again this morning.

NJKID1010 NJKID1010
Jul '14

Where in Diamond Hill have they been spotted?

blahblah blahblah
Jul '14

I had the brake for one last week on 57 coming up the top of hill in Port Murray. He was coming at full gate across the road toward the river at 1:30 pm

Old Gent Old Gent
Jul '14

They were in our backyard lastnight just missed it..

I saw a juvenile running along Willow Grove Street a few weeks ago it ducked in the woods by the Steven's State Camping area when i rolled up on it.

Rad, I know which guy you are talking about. He likes to wander through our yard often and we got a good look at him as he meandered between my yard and my neighbor's

ladeevee ladeevee
Jul '14

Last Monday on my way to work at 7AM, a big black bear crossed Rte 517 as I was heading north up the hill towards Quick Chek. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Chickadee Chickadee
Jul '14

RU - Sounds like the one that has been in Hunter's Brook and Brook Hollow a couple times now.

There are so many bear sightings its just not out of the ordinary. You should be careful all the time no matter what.

Bear was in the backyards on Lawrence Drive in Kenwood this morning about 8:30 AM - the houses that back up to the Hatchery. He did climb a tree in one yard and then headed towards Rt.57. The police were here monitoring. I was shocked to see him .

copygirl copygirl
Jul '14

Where in Diamond Hill? A few weeks back I saw a smaller black bear run across the street and up through my neighbors yard around 7 p.m. ( I am on Brookside), haven't seen any since.

blahblah. There have been sightings on several streets here in DH over the past few years. I'm on Highland and have experienced at least six sightings since April.

NJKID1010 NJKID1010
Jul '14

Apparently ammonia is not helping them stay away anymore. The one large bear we have had tried to get in our garage and dented my door when we put the garbage in there. I keep it out now and rather would clean up the mess then him get into my garage.

Christine Christine
Jul '14

The bears have never broken into my shed to get to the garbage. They seem to know when garbage day is and have a feast. I never put the garbage out until that morning and have been pretty lucky so far.

GRRRRRR! GRRRRRR!
Jul '14

Re: Bear Sighting 8:40am 7/18

One bear went hungry last night :)

There was an officer (I'm guessing State Park Ranger or Game Warden) driving through Countryside today talking to all the residents. Basically he was just requesting that people put the garbage out in the morning, etc. since the bear sightings were getting more common and they want to hopefully avoid creating "problem bears".

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '14

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people in my town that put their garbage out at night. Even odder, are those who put it out at night without cans. They put only the bags at the curb. Not only is that fair game for bears, but many other animals. They wind up with a messy morning clean-up many times.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '14

I dont get it because my garbage has been out, in cans, for 15 yrs and has never been broken into by any animal.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jul '14

One time my daughter was home alone and took the dog out for a walk leaving the garage door open. The bear walked right into the garage and took a bin that had sunflower seeds in it and dragged it into the woods. Needless to say, I don't keep my garage door open anymore.

kayaking kayaking
Jul '14

A bear has knocked over my garbage twice so far (neighbor saw it)....I'm on Elmwood Dr. in Diamond Hill......

Lions and tigers and Lions and tigers and
Jul '14

@ copygirl...WOAH that sure is an odd sight to see in out neighborhood! Been seeing foxes in the area for some years now and lots of deer! Seen 9 deer at a time in my parents yard. We aren't far from the mountains by Schooley's Mtn and College View, so I suppose they are coming from those areas.

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jul '14

Lots up bears up here in panthervalley Mountian ridge section.

Yogi
Jul '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.