Seminar about bats

Seminar about bats

This is open to the public - sponsored by Antler Ridge Wildlife Sanctuary which is involved in helping Tranquility Methodist Church to safely preserve it's bat colony while doing much needed renovations to the church. Currently bat counts are being conducted.
Interested?? Email me or Antler Ridge

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

im ascared of bats but acknowledge they eat bugs - which is good - still don't want them to bite me...

skippy skippy
Jul '14

Bats are awesome! I've visited caves of them - so amazing. We also had the cutest little bat at Rocky Springs Wildlife rehab. Fascinating to see one up close. The little hands!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

Next time I have a bat in the house I am calling Rebecka. And definitely not skippy :)

Rebecka, is Donna still at rocky springs?

A good day
Jul '14

Rocky Springs has closed its doors, A good day. Donna ran it for 10 years, and then decided to call it a day... probably because she wanted her life back! It was non-stop work during the spring and summer. Very rewarding, but I understand why she closed the center.

And I'd be happy to help you get a bat out of your house, maja... lol! I'm probably one of the few *humans* around who has had a rabies vaccination!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

Rebecka, wish I would have known how much you liked them:) I had one in my garage not long ago and I most definitely would have let you admire it as you were removing it from my house!!! Freaked me out!!!!

Rebecka., thanks for letting me know. I think she had a beautiful calico cat that was the Staples cat. Do you know if she still has the cat?

A good day
Jul '14

Ah, yes she did. Not sure if the beautiful calico is still with us, but there is a poster on the forum "kayaking" who should know. She stayed in closer touch with Donna.

@JRT - humans seem to have a natural aversion to bats. I think maybe because back in the day they transmitted certain diseases to humans? I mean, I know they're still a potential vector, but we have less to worry about, and I personally (for some odd reason) like the little creatures.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

If you are ever in the Philadelphia Zoo right when it opens .... around 10am .... head for the bat cage as they are very active then. Besides eating and walking around, you will very likely see many of them pee.

happiest girl
Jul '14

Bats hang in the outside gable end trim of my house. Their job is eating mosquitos, and they are very good, they work for free!

fitter fitter
Jul '14

Re: Seminar about bats

Just a reminder - it's next Thursday - and it supports a good cause and it's nearby

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

The Bat population is in trouble.

https://www.whitenosesyndrome.org/resources/map

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.