Dave Kelber WRNJ

does anyone know what is wrong? I haven't heard him for a while. Dave is the morning DJ.

spring
Jun '14

Think he moved to wnti..step up.

fitter fitter
Jun '14

I believe he is dealing with laryngitis or some sort of infection that has made it very difficult to talk.

He's just on vacation - he'll be back :)

trekster3- trekster3-
Jun '14

Dave Kelber was out one week with severe larynjitis ...came back for a day or two and it was still pretty bad...now I understand he will be off this week and next to make sure he gives his vocal cords a rest. We miss him too!!

joyful joyful
Jun '14

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dave - miss you!

spring
Jun '14

Dave tried hard the past couple weeks to come in and give it a go- I give him points for effort for trying to talk. It sounded pretty painful-

He is a pro- and I hope the time off finds his voice restored to its former dignified tone.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jun '14

Dave's been sort of a workaholic for many years and it may have caught up to him.

With apologies to ESPN's Mike Greenberg (since it is his signature show-closing line) I'm sure Dave will be back, better than ever.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '14

I hate to disagree, Andy, but I think Dave is doing exactly what he wants to do at this point in his life and career. He loves broadcasting and also his photography and his wife and family which I think he finds time for as well. Most of us would envy him as not many anymore can honestly say they love their jobs. Many times he has remarked on WRNJ how much he loves being there. We think he is great as well and wish him a speedy recovery..

joyful joyful
Jun '14

I said he'd be back better than ever.

Sleep deprivation catches up with you, love your work or not, I speak with the experience of being a long-time sportswriter.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '14

Get well, Dave, We miss you.

copygirl copygirl
Jun '14

I've heard he needs to go two weeks without talking and then he'll be back and better than ever.

Good thing God invented email (-;

Now I've got two weeks to get ready for those trivia questions.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '14

Heard that too, Andy...not even whispering!!! Poor man!

joyful joyful
Jun '14

I worked with Dave for many years at Hunterdon Central. Great guy, I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

Mets78 Mets78
Jun '14

I worked with Dave at Hunterdon Central for a year, a PR internship the superintendent (Claude Schmitt) set up.

A lot of the faculty thought I was some sort of "spy," but Dave understood what public relations is, that there is a right way to do it, and why the school needed someone in the role ... his knowledge of mass communications and its impact gave him that understanding.

Also, when he saw what kind of a sports nut I am, he allowed me to read sports reports on the HCHS radio station ... really enjoyed doing that, reading through the AP copy and preparing my report ... I may never get the opportunity to do something like that on a radio station again ... so it is a special memory.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '14

It was so great to have Dave back on the radio on Monday morning but now he's gone again! Does anyone know if he's OK or when he'll be permanently back? Thanks.

lsricc lsricc
Jul '14

I looked on his facebook page and it says "former morning program host" not sure whats going on.

interested interested
Jul '14

I wish him the best, that's all I can say.

I know that the real Dave Kelber is the guy who plays really wonderful Christmas music when the holidays come around and patriotic songs for Memorial Day and Fourth of July. He cares about our veterans and cares about our schools, he was a teacher and coach for a long time at Hunterdon Central, where I first met him in 1977, before I even knew WRNJ existed.

He did me a big favor, several times, talking to the students at WCCC in my mass media classes. That's where you really saw how much he loves radio and students.

He'd be happiest doing a program that focuses on the news and serious issues, and he'd make sure he's fair about it. Can't say as much for some of the people I hear in "the big time."

The most important thing, get well, Dave.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Hmmm. I just looked at FB, and I did not see that comment "former morning program host" on David Kelber's page.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Jul '14

that's what is says on his FB :Former Morning Program Host at WRNJ Radio, Hackettstown, New Jersey. I just searched it.

interested interested
Jul '14

Re: Dave Kelber WRNJ

Here it is

Dadof3
Jul '14

Thank you. For some reason I didn't see it.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Jul '14

If he is the "former" morning host, I know that he will be missed by soooo many. He was terrific and a real plus to my morning routine!!

lsricc lsricc
Jul '14

Tell me it isn't so!!!

joyful joyful
Jul '14

I'll just wait and see if WRNJ has anything official to announce.

I remember going to a real nice retirement party for Russ Long.

Then he un-retired, so I'm looking forward to the next one ;-)

I hope they don't just unceremoniously cut Dave loose the way they did Rich Appel.

That would be awful.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Dave will be missed ! We wish him all the best.
I remember when he first took this on, he used to fumble a bit with the switches in the beginning. But he always kept everything flowing, calm and amiable, really enjoyed his show!

hktownie hktownie
Jul '14

Dave tried, with the patience of a Saint, to teach me their sound editing computer system. Piloting a NASA rocket ship would have been simpler.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

I agree,,,,Andy!

joyful joyful
Jul '14

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what his Facebook page says. I have a lot of Facebook friends whose pages say the same thing for whatever reason, and they are still working there !

Mariann Mariann
Jul '14

I can only hope that Dave is leaving on his own- and not due to this health issue with his voice. One thing to leave on your own, or even be let go from a job.

But, if this is due to a health issue- then that really is unfortunate.

I have been both critical and supportive of Dave. But, in the end, he really is a good person, and for that, I hope he either recovers if he is not well- or is able to find his next career move be a successful one.

Dave is, and always will be a class act- that much I can say without thinking to hard.

Jul '14

I'm wondering if this wasn't a long term plan to put Russ back in the morning slot. Dave sounded good on Monday. With Russ on vacation, I wouldn't be surprised that he shows up Monday morning at 6 AM.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Jul '14

I heard Dave looking for traffic reports and IMO he did not sound like h imslef. His voice is definitely off. Good Luck Dave! I hope you are well.

Christine Christine
Jul '14

Unfortunately, Dave was let go from WRNJ. I can not get into how or why I know, but I felt that everybody should be aware the truth and how much of a shame it is to a great guy. Though RNJ is the primary source for our local news, not sure if they will share information, but people should know that he didn't just disappear, but that they fired him. Truly unjust, is that they fired him on Monday, the day he returned to air after finally feeling better. He also talked a lot on that broadcast about how happy he was to be back on-air. Feel badly for him and yet another radio personality dismissed without reason in a cruel industry.

NW NJ NW NJ
Jul '14

Well, let's not get carried away with conspiracy theories, maybe Russ likes the afternoons.

I was in Hackettstown last night and somebody told me he never posts on HL but he's seen this thread. He said he hasn't heard me on WRNJ for a long time.

I answered, well, I think I've burned a bridge, because I was critical on HL when they let Rich Appel go. Haven't heard a peep from them for months.

Well, what was I supposed to say?

Hope you are well, Dave. In the big picture, having our health is all that matters.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

To fill the trivia question void in Dave's absence.

Who was the only man to have played in the last World Series game of both the New York Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers?

For 15 minutes of instant and fleeting fame.

Sound that fanfare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZGnCu5hRzc

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

NW NJ...I heard that broadcast by Dave Kelber when he returned this past Monday after being out with severe larynjitis and also heard the people calling in and happy to hear his voice once more and emailing him the same. If what you are saying is true and that he was fired for no good reason other than not being to be able to be there because of sickness...I just do not understand. As a former business owner in Hackettstown, I got to know the owners of the station and always felt they dealt fairly with their employees and advertisers. I never would believe that this would happen and especially for the reasons stated. He did a good job and was a real gentlemen and a asset to the station. I am still in hopes that what I have read in your above post is not true..

joyful joyful
Jul '14

Sucks if its true. BUT they waited to fire him when he came back sucks more. They can't fire him while on sick leave or he would have a nice lawsuit.

Really would like to hear from WRNJ. After getting of Rich Appel it has not been the same unfortunately. Even the guy covering for Dave takes forever to get to the traffic reports.

Sad............

Christine Christine
Jul '14

I too have felt that at some point Russ would return to mornings, however they needed to do it. I really liked Dave and if he was let go then we can include him in with the others that we liked but maybe didn't fit in with the "club" that exists down there. I just hope Steve Randolph isn't put back there.

justwondering justwondering
Jul '14

I'm just afraid they aren't making much money, simple as that.

I don't want to taint anybody with allegations of evil motives, don't want to go there.

He's still shown on their website under ON AIR PERSONALITIES, so I'm holding onto hope.

I've always felt he needed more help to do that morning show with all the information (including sports) he's asked to present, upload, download, engineer, whatever ... getting rid of such a pro just makes no sense at all to me.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

As past history has shown, we aren't going to get anything here from WRNJ- they are a private business- and don't have to explain their talent decisions.

However, since they are a unique private business working for the public- they might find it better to clear the air somewhere, either on their own website, airwaves, or god forbid, even here on the HL Forum.

We know WRNJ themselves are reading each of these comments - heck Russ Long even incorporated the HL Forum into his show at one short lived point a couple years back.

Dave himself has posted here on the HL Forum in the past. If he was truly fired- which is total speculation by everyone here- then they may have made him sign a confidentiality agreement, which means he isn't going to say much about it, esp if it came attached with a monetary payoff or separation legal agreement.

I also heard him on Monday, and honestly, he still sounded a bit hoarse, but considering where he was at previous to leaving- it was much better. Did Dave give it a try for one day and realize that the voice just was going to go backwards and then resign? Not likely- he struggled all those previous days to come in with a horrible sounding painful voice before his medical break.

Would WRNJ take the low road and fire him after being back a day to avoid legal trouble? Don't know- though like any business, we don't know the inner workings with mgmt and the talent. Seems Rich Appel may have butted heads with someone there, maybe behind the scenes there were issues with Dave?

All in all- WRNJ doesn't owe us- their Loyal Listening Audience anything, other than hoping that we continue to listen and patronize their sponsors. When continued, seemingly mysterious talent decision are made, with on air talent that we may have grown fond of- they risk losing some of their Loyal Listening Audience.

I guess we ultimately have the say so- by turning the dial at anytime.

Where is WRNJ in all this? Where they always are- there when we truly do need them, providing local info and community resources during times of crisis.

Where improvement is needed is in their own PR regarding these changes. They are murky and leave people wondering- usually negative wondering.

Again, WRNJ is a private business- but I think the role they serve in the community is unique, and they should consider being more transparent in their decisions at some points.

Jul '14

Even if Dave's voice is under par, he still has so much to offer as an engineer.

They've had workers behind the scenes over the years, who go to meetings and prepare scripts and edit sound and prepare stories, who you did not hear on the air.

That kind of work is a piece of cake for a guy with Dave's talents and work ethic.

Yeah, I still can't believe he'd be fired, just can't believe it.

I agree with the above post that they are shooting themselves in the foot PR wise, even though they are not obligated to tell us anything.

As Harlin and I used to say on the football broadcasts, whenever the Tigers were flagged for procedure, jumping offside, something stupid ... they're shooting themselves in THE PAW.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Well, I enjoyed Dave and Rich and Steve. Dave was off, I believe for 2 weeks before coming back for 1 day. I think that after having difficulties this past Monday that he may have just "bowed out". He has a wonderful photography business. Very active in his church. Loves and adores his wife and sweet Grand daughter and family. One door closes and another opens. God's way.
And bless you Dave Kelber. You are a true champ...still do not like this really new music. It's a bummer-the real loud stuff. Mike Gally is fitting in real nicely..."like a glove". I think that WRNJ got lucky with Mike!

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Jul '14

I'll dedicate this to our friends who have come and gone, especially the ones who have come and gone on the radio ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmBSGlXqC4Q

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

I think Mike should leave his record collection at home.

ignatz ignatz
Jul '14

Thanks..Andy...I love that song! I Hope You Dance too!!

joyful joyful
Jul '14

They go thru a lot of reporters. I know the pay is not that great either but its something.

Christine Christine
Jul '14

I wish WRNJ would go back to the "oldies" and stop trying this new stuff!

Sport
Jul '14

It's not Mikes record collection. He has nothing to do with the choices. It's pre programmed somehow.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Jul '14

Those blasted computers are taking over the world.

Give me Doc South with his old turntable any day.

This grumpy old man is now going back to bed.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

No takers on the trivia question?

I'll check back in a half hour before I declare a "stumper" (Dave's word when he had to move on with the business of the show).

Then I'll put up a non-sports trivia question.

Gotta keep the trivia alive, if I don't do it, who will?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

OK, the trivia answer is Dale Mitchell. Dave's an old Brooklyn Dodgers fan, may have known that.

So, prior to 1993, WCCC had to identify itself as the Warren County Community College Commission. Why was that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44&list=PL9849F7C56F6AF421&index=12

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Because it was not accredited yet. I remember when they held classes at high schools.

Christine Christine
Jul '14

I listened Monday a.m. and really enjoyed listening to Dave again. Not thinking that on Tues. he would be gone. Sooo disapointing! The listeners left in the dark again.

spring
Jul '14

WRNJ is not the same as it used to be. It SUCKS now!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Jul '14

Christine's answer was correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R5gHF0vzew&index=2&list=PLDPfoykpAU21czqEKO5OUvMjAYMpf07er

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

A trivia question the Yankees fans would enjoy...with an ironic answer.

Against what pitcher did Thurman Munson get his first major league hit?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Christine is Trivia Queen. Wear the crown proudly.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

I don't remember much about Munson other then he died in a plane crash and he was once knocked out in a collision at home plate. Sorry cannot answer that one.

Christine Christine
Jul '14

His first major league hit came against none other than his future teammate Catfish Hunter.

RIP Thurman, he might be the Yankees manager now, we'll never know.

I'll have to declare that one a stumper.

Here's a musical one that can easily be looked up on Google. To reign as Trivia King or Queen, What was Ringo Starr's real name?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Andy...Ringo Starr's real name was Richard Starkey....I don't know why I know this but I do...I thought the topic of this thread, however, was whatever happened to Dave Kelber of WRNJ and we still do not have a answer to that. I have personally emailed him and Facebook messaged him and it is like he dropped off the face of the earth...Can anyone contribute to what this thread is all about???

joyful joyful
Jul '14

I'm not big on speculation, I'm a report on the facts kind of guy.

I guess, if Dave wants to get away from the madness for a while, that's up to him.

If I know Dave at all, I'm sure he'll keep busy and get into some new enterprise and get on with his life. More "news" about what happened will unfold with time.

Inquiring minds want to know. Maybe we'll hear something on Entertainment Tonight, one of these days when we least expect it. Maybe one of these days we'll hear, "filling in for the vacationing Charles Osgood, this is Dave Kelber."

Seriously, we may hear him on a station like WCBS or WINS one of these days, would not surprise me a bit. He's got a resume that would merit their attention.

Meanwhile, you are Trivia Queen, wear the crown proudly.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Andy...More things are mentioned in jest...Between you and me and the lampost...Did you ever take notice of how much Charles Osgood and Dave Kelber sound very much alike on the radio?

joyful joyful
Jul '14

It's the professionalism of their generation.

When I was in eighth grade I used to imitate Walter Cronkite ... the teacher let me read the homeroom announcements because I cracked him up with my Cronkite voice.

That and singing the bass part to Mister Bassman were my claims to 15 minutes of fleeting fame in those days.

And that's the way it is, July 21st, 2014.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

This morning I heard a Smokey Robinson song and a Four Tops tune FROM THE 60s ... played on WRNJ!

Sock-it-to-me RNJ ... right on, outta sight.

Motown is back in Hackettstown.

And, yesterday, Russ Long played two of my favorite songs by America.

They DO listen to us.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

funny how they mentioned Dave Kelber in today's Birthday Book, but no mention of his status with the station

accurate news accurate news
Jul '14

I miss Dave and the folksy hometown flavor he delivered to A.M radio in the Ayem...another little piece of good ol' Hackettstown gone....

I wish RNJ well as they try to gain footing in an ever changing media landscape.

Hipster Hipster
Jul '14

Ah, this morning I heard a fave from 1983, Break my Stride by Matthew Wilder.

I called it the Brian Wickkiser song a couple-a-years back on the football broadcasts. For those who do not follow H-town football, Wickkiser scored 30 touchdowns for the Tigers and was a really hard to tackle dude with breakaway speed.

I've seen a lot of games, but his five touchdowns in the snow at Kittatinny was a game I will never forget... and that win got the Tigers into the state playoffs that year, too. Everybody else was slipping and sliding and falling down, but the snow would not let Brian break his stride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3YrNSw5a2I

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Here ya go, a blast from the not so distant past, some golden memories that last.

And, if you keep reading the article, there's a Dave Kelber reference in there.

Divine guidance led me to it this morning:)

http://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/index.ssf/2013/04/sports_chatter_brian_wickkiser.html

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Hope you will be back on the air real soon. Miss you

Maureen Smith Maureen Smith
Aug '14

I do too, Maureen!

joyful joyful
Aug '14

So now they are giving us fun facts from 1970.

Wasn't that the sort of thing Rich Appel used to do?????????????????????

1970 was a wonderful year for me as a sports fan ... I attended the game where the Knicks won the NBA championship against the Los Angeles Lakers and the game where the Baltimore Orioles won the World Series against the Cincinnati Reds.

Saw two of the four "major" team sports' championships won in person, in the same year ... saw a future United States Senator running around in short pants. ;-)

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

So, now WRNJ considers me an "anti" again, most likely.

They should take my comments in the same spirit as what Harold Carmichael of the Eagles said when I interviewed him in 1977 ... I asked him if the booing from the fans bothered him.

"They show up, they pay their money, they care. If we don't perform well, they have the right to boo. I'd rather hear booing than play in front of empty seats."

Harold is a good man who went on to do really well in public relations and marketing after age eroded his football abilities. WRNJ could use him.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Good trivia question ...

Who was the first DJ to ever play an Elvis Presley record on the radio?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Phillips......I think his first name was Dewy?

I was not born yet but My mom is a huge Elvis fan.

Christine Christine
Aug '14

Dewey Phillips is correct. You are Trivia Queen, your reign continues, we will add a jewel to your crown. Wear it proudly and enjoy your 15 minutes of instant and fleeting fame, as Dave used to say.

I'd play a fanfare but the ones I've found on You Tube are kinda lame.

Phillips was on WHBQ in Memphis. I'll try and stream them on the internet now, see if they are still there and see what they sound like.

If they've dropped the W and just say HBQ, then they are "hip" and "now." I pick up on those things, you now say RNJ instead of WRNJ.

Of course, Elvis didn't worry about those things. He had his music and he set trends instead of merely follow them. He had that "it" factor.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

HEY, their AM (560) is now all sports, and it is local. Wolo and Bash in the morning talking about the Memphis Redbirds, the Triple-A baseball team whose games the station broadcasts. They also carry Ole Miss football, so they had all of Eli Manning's college games .... cool.

Their FM is now Country 93.5, hope they still play some Elvis tunes.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

A trivia question for baseball fans and then I'll go back into my cave for awhile ...

what professional team sold Don Newcombe's contract to the Brooklyn Dodgers?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

WILD guess - Newark Eagles

Newark Eagles is correct.

Wear your crown proudly and enjoy your 15 minutes of instant and fleeting fame.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Here's the kind of trivia question Dave used to like ... sometimes would take 10 or 11 responses to get the right answer.

What civilized nation has the longest average life expectancy?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Andy...Still wondering what happened to Dave Kelber albeit we are getting sidetracked with the trivia questions on this thread. The other day on WRNJ someone asked about Dave and the answer they received was that he is doing fine and home resting his voice. I miss him and still live in hopes that he will be returning to the station soon.
By the way, I think the answer to your trivia question might be either the United States or Switzerland.
It looks as if we all enjoy doing trivia which Dave started on WRNJ and Andy is carrying on here in his honor. Andy..Would you be so kind as to pick up the torch for Dave and start a new thread on HL for trivia questions...you are doing a great job so far.....

joyful joyful
Aug '14

What civilized nation has the longest average life expectancy?

OK I heard Dave talk about this is. I know Japan is the second! Southeast Asia is the first? Or is it the other way around? LOL...

Christine Christine
Aug '14

Joyful has written what I have also been thinking- this topic is out of concern for Dave's well being- it is being trivialized by "trivia"

Andy(The Walrus)-you know I love your radio and print work and think highly of you- I agree with Joyful- the trivia on this thread is misplaced.

Aug '14

Still waiting for the correct answer ... as Dave would say ... I may have to declare a "stumper" tomorrow morning.

Trivia is fun and it keeps the thread alive ... we don't want Dave (or Rich or Doc or Terry) to be out of sight and out of mind.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Monaco?

positive positive
Aug '14

According to this book I have, it is Sweden.

OK, I'm done with this thread. The guys on the MLB thread want everything to be 2014, but I'll give them a question about something that happened in 1970 that changed baseball forever.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

I agree Joyful, each time I see the topic of Dave Kelber, I think some real info regarding his return will be stated. Andy, please start a new thread for those interested in trivia.

justwondering justwondering
Aug '14

Happy anniversary, Dave and Paula Kelber.

OK, I'll be in East Brunswick today, no more posting.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Just heard this morning on WRNJ that Mike (who took over for Dave Kelber) is going on a hiatus until next week sometime (Chuck Reiger is taking over until then) and that it is the last day until he returns to do the Swap n Shop program. A few of us HLers are planning a garage sale for this weekend and sent our announcement into WRNJ to be announced on the station... Hopefully they will still announce this over the weekend. I am also still living in hopes that one day Dave Kelber will be returning to the station.

joyful joyful
Aug '14

The way they operate at that radio station Mike might return to find He no longer has a job.

ignatz ignatz
Aug '14

Well, they should announce your garage sale, it's the professional thing to do.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '14

Hiatus or vacation? The guy Mike Galley sounds a little goofy to me in my opinion.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '14

I contacted the radio station about our ad that I sent to the station for this weekends garage sale...Pat Layton( WRNJ office manager).... was kind enough to see that it was put on the station not only today but for the rest of the weekend. Thank you, Pat!

joyful joyful
Aug '14

In reading the personality bios on the WRNJ website, I noticed that Chuck Reiger worked at WEST in Waston, Pa?

I believe it should be Easton.

The spelling police strikes again.

I'll know they read this, when I see it get changed (-;

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '14

Some legit Dave news ...

A caller on swap and shop asked about where Dave's been ...

Morning Mike's reply ... Dave's doctor has told him to rest his voice.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '14

I heard that too, Andy....

joyful joyful
Sep '14

How long do you think that answer is going to last?

spring
Sep '14

They let Dave Kelber go and still keep Joyce Estey. Why in the world is that?

Lenny
Oct '14

HE'S BACK! Filling in for Russ Long this week (I believe it's Mon. Tues. & Wed.) between 3p.m. and 7 p.m. - Welcome back Dave! Even if you are a fill in it will be nice to hear you again.

spring
Nov '14

Oh thats wondeful ! I miss him...hopefully he will return to the morning show...I miss hearing him and his trivia games in the morning....my husband called in all the time with the answers....

bowie bowie
Nov '14

Dave is back and sounds just like old times. He said he had a pretty severe case of laryngitis- His voice sounds strong and lively. He is filling in for Russ Long until Wednesday.

Even if only for a couple of days, glad Dave gets a chance to fill in- and do what he obviously loves. Good to see he recovered.

Welcome back Dave!

Nov '14

Listening to Dave Kelber as I type this HL note. Did not realize how much I missed hearing his voice until today. He's the best!!

joyful joyful
Nov '14

Happy to have Dave back! Go DAVE, you rock!!!

pampurr pampurr
Nov '14

So glad to hear Dave's voice. What a great guy!!!!!

lsricc lsricc
Nov '14

I agree with Lenny. Joyce Estey is terrible. She can't get through one sentence without mispronouncing something or getting tongue-tied. I can't believe they keep her on the air.

Ramone Ramone
Nov '14

Would not have known Dave was back on, if I hadn't seen this thread. Thanks, all.

Catching bits and pieces while in the car isn't the same as putting him on when I wake up and have my first cup of Joe, for instance, I didn't hear the trivia questions.

However, I did enjoy the banter with Norman Worth. I agree, this is a DO NOTHING Congress, glad someone in this county had the temerity to say so.

Well, it was a break from day after day of listening to Mike Francesa ... well, I need my daily sports fix and RNJ just isn't and never will be any kind of a sports station.

Give what you can to NORWESCAP, everyone.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '14

Dave Kelber is back on WRNJ this afternoon replacing Russ Long who is in Maine. They just announced that you can call the radio station 908-852-1234 if you want to say Hello...

joyful joyful
Jan '15

The indefatigable Dave Kelber ... you can't keep a good man down (-;

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

I know what you are saying, Andy...I have always liked Dave Kelber and listened to his entire show yesterday on Russ's Long Way Home show...He will be subbing the rest of the week and I think into next week.

joyful joyful
Jan '15

I've seen Dave in the classroom ... he has the gift for making connections with people.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

Yes, he does, Andy...We listened to him on WRNJ for a long time and one evening just happened to be seated next to him and his wife at Bea McNallys...We just started in chatting and wound up spending most of our time there with the two of them. It was a special day for my husband and I and he wound up buying us a after dinner drink as well.

joyful joyful
Jan '15

He ended today's show with an appropriate song ... ALIVE AND KICKING ...

(by Simple Minds, one of my fave 80s groups)

Don't You Forget About Me, by that same group, would be another apropos tune for Dave.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

You should keep Dave on the air permanently ... he brings class and personality ... rare qualities these days

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.