Panther Valley Country Club - sold?

heard Mattars bought it?

kevmo kevmo
Jun '14

You are correct.....still in process I believe.....I'm sure details will be made public when everything is worked out.

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '14

Previous thread - http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/590442

5catmom...You already made the statement. "Made Public" is what I hear.

Samual Jackson Samual Jackson
Jun '14

Maybe 5cat is referring to is what is going to happen as far such as will it stay private, will it become public, what type of restaurant/catering facility may or may not open etc.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '14

Jrzygirl is correct.......no details at all that I've heard.....

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '14

I heard it was finalized today

flowerpwr flowerpwr
Jul '14

It was finalized last week, and Mattar Mattar and his brother are the new owners. Congrats to both and best of luck in their new venture!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

I am a new member of the private golf club although the restaurant is now open to the public and the course remains to be private which i think is great being it will help the ownership get the business on track and i have to tell you the food,staff and new ownership is top notch along with the golf course i truly could not be happier to be a part of it !!!!

John D John D
Nov '14

I'm curious-what stops someone from saying they're going to dinner and then instead drives through the gated community? Doesn't the whole idea of being in a gated community now disappear?

pinkladies pinkladies
Nov '14

the club is requiring reservations - I believe names are given to the guard at the gate

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

That's a pretty innovative approach. I played and ate there a years ago. Looking at the menu, it looks like what Mattar's was (more expensive). I am assuming the reviews are good? Do they have valet parking/force valet parking, I hate turning my car over to twenty-somethings?

Reservations are needed if you live outside the gate. Your name will be verified at the guard shack. Seems pretty simple.

Hack in town Hack in town
Nov '14

Sorry if I'm not being clear with my question: you make a reservation in whatever name you want. You give that name at the guard shack. But once you're through the gate, you're actually free to drive right past the entrance to the club and go anywhere in PV. I know someone who chose to live in PV because it's a gated community, and an abusive ex couldn't just show up at her door. But now? How do they insure that the person doesn't use the "reservation" as a ruse to get past security?

pinkladies pinkladies
Nov '14

there are no guarantees...lots of ways to walk in now
it's a peaceful place to live ...as a single woman I have NO concerns

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

I would think the restaurant would share the list with the guard. And if you are not supposed to be there you don't get in. Reminds me of the scene from Ferris Bueller where he convinced the snooty maitre de that he was indeed THE sausage king of Chicago.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '14

Good point, pinkladies.

Sweetums Sweetums
Nov '14

There is was talk of possibly having two more gates put in to prevent this exact thing from happening. Pinkladies you should tell your friend to attend the next board meeting to discuss her concerns. There were less then 15 people at the meeting when the sale was being discussed and this point was raised. Less then 15 residents in a community of this size - guess people weren't too concerned about it.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '14

pinkladies - people have always been able to come into the golf club - and to weddings and other events - I don't think this is very different - also I find it hard to think a criminal would know to make a reservation at the restaurant - to get into the complex.......concerned residents have always had the ability to go to board meetings and express their concerns --- the few times I've gone there have only been a handful or less residents present

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

A few years back when I was a non-resident club member I used to just tell the guy at the gate that I was going to the clubhouse. Never gave a name and he never asked. Thought it was a bit strange.

RAD, you're right. I'm not so sure how "secure" it is up there anyway. I have gone to the gate with no more than a street address and have been let in....no name, no call to anyone to confirm or anything....and can't you just avoid all of that by going in through the back? It seems like I remember people doing that also.

5catmom, my concern was not a "random criminal" for lack of a better term, but an abusive ex who knows where his ex lives. I'm glad that you feel safe-I wish everyone did, but some women (and of course, men) who have gotten out of abusive relationships aren't so lucky. Many of them never feel completely safe again. Also JRT, back gate is now opened by the bar code that lifts the gate.

pinkladies pinkladies
Nov '14

I guess 5cat thinks all criminals are dumb

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname
Nov '14

I don't like it either but we are moving out of here ASAP!! my son can't take naps because there is lawn maint. 4 days a week in summer & spring. I can't put a fence in my own yard...i pay $1800yr extra in taxes that I was never told about just to live here. I can't grow my own food because od the fence thing. No real garage sales. I hate paying so much money to feel like a child who is constantly being told " no, because I said so". Would never recommend this place to anyone

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname
Nov '14

Have had three boys who had a variety of jobs at the country club. The oldest started as a lifeguard when he 15. Never had any difficulty driving through the gate, front or back, to pick them up. Even when they were not working but just going to visit friends who lived in PV. Now with the "new" rules about reservations they at least check the list.

The gate may give the impression of security, and it probably deters criminals from "the city" from bothering to break in. but if a person of malicious intent wants in it's pretty trivial to get by.

Any mouse Any mouse
Nov '14

As someone who lives in Panther Valley the gate only seems to be there so people can say they live in a gated community. It's all for show and provides no real security.

gastronome
Nov '14

so this makes me wonder how many of you- living without gates - are worried all the time about people coming into your neighborhoods................
and re the woman who is worried about someone getting in, how about giving the gate house a picture with a copy of a restraining order - might make her feel a little safer

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

One of the worst serial burglaries/thefts/robberies in PV was done by a resident. Gate. Shmate.

ESS- absolutely true. that goon lived a street away. just because theres a front gate doesn't mean youre safe. you can walk or ride your bike right through it! and most of the time the back gate is always up!

have never seen the back gate open---if you see it, please notify the office---also if guards are not being thorough ---the manager needs to know these things

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

I am living without gates. I am not worried all the time.

Maybe, if I had a gate, I would worry all the time.

MrCharlie
Nov '14

If an abusive Ex wanted to get in it's pretty simple. You can go in to see an "Open House" or you can just ride a bike right in...it's not very difficult. It's gated not fenced in

Nosila Nosila
Nov '14

5catmom, That may help... Who knows? I can honestly say though that I have been in this area for over 20 years and it has always been that way.

I agree with gastronome, seems to be all for show.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.