HTown Taco Bell coming?

so wasnt sure if they got address wrong or are we getting a taco bell near shoprite?

http://jobs.tacobell.com/en-US/Job-Details/Shift-Lead/Hackettstown-NJ/Xjdp-jf647-ct101992-jid33407887

http://jobs.tacobell.com/en-US/Job-Details/Restaurant-General-Manager/Hackettstown-NJ/xjdp-jf647-ct101991-jid33539544

http://jobs.tacobell.com/en-US/Job-Details/Restaurant-Assistant-Manager/Hackettstown-NJ/Xjdp-jf647-ct101990-jid33544339

I've heard for a while that one is going in front of Comfort Inn or whatever it's called nowadays.

btownguy btownguy
Jun '14

Yes, thats where it's going. Same address.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jun '14

"Head for the border!"

Big Deal

John Sutton John Sutton
Jun '14

Yay!!!!! I'm way too excited about this! Think outside the bun!

Head for el baƱo...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jun '14

I think Taco Bell is gross, but to each their own. I'd rather eat at a chipotle or an actual Mexican restaurant. Don Jose in netcong is awesome.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Jun '14

On May 28th, 2014 the Mansfield Township Committee voted to pass Ordinance 2014-11 which addressed parking regulations pertaining to Taco Bell

DiaHillRes2 DiaHillRes2
Jun '14

Agree with PennsLandscaping. There seems to be a new breed of fast food restaurants that offer impressively high quality food: Chipotle, Moe's, Qdoba, Smashburger, Five Guys. They're usually only about $1-$2 more per person and it's worth it.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jun '14

ugh, theres one in ledgewood. why does every town in this country have to have all the same stores and restaurants. I really hope this is not true =(

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname
Jun '14

So many negative people... How about if you don't like Taco Bell then don't go to eat at Taco Bell! Simple.
I for one enjoy the occasional visit, and its going to be nice not to have to drive 20min to get there.
Mmmm....Doritos Tacos!

Batman
Jun '14

Didnt we used to have a taco bell where white castle was? I am surprised they would re-open one if the last one didn't do well.

skippy skippy
Jun '14

+1Batman

happycamper happycamper
Jun '14

based on the college kids i know ( my son included) this place is going to be swamped....... they make the ride to ledgewood a few times a week.......

dismom dismom
Jun '14

they didn't do well because it was a limited taco bell, they had 1/2 the menu and suffered for it. I for one enjoy taco bell maybe once every month or 2, and it does suck to have to drive to Ledgewood. they have cleaned up their menu as well and offer something for every one, also they have breakfast now. :)

Limited taco bell my butt !!! They had it all . Worked there in 1990. Place was swamped . With all the newbees in town from south of the border place will be a hit again! Welcome friends from south of the border and thank you Obama !!

Ashley Cole
Jun '14

Yea, more taxpayer supporter workers not able to afford new low rent apartments at Bergen Tool!

Will save the environment by reducing mileage needed now to get to Ledgewood though.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Jun '14

I heard the old one closed because they had a health code issue.

Metsman Metsman
Jun '14

I bet our friends from the South puke at the thought of eating at Taco Bell. Nothing about it screams authentic Mexican food IMO. With other authentic choices available, I'm sure Main Street will be their choice destination.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jun '14

I heard an interview on the radio ... some Mexicans who were sent back to Mexico said one of the things they missed most was - taco bell!

ken e
Jun '14

Moe's is great, wish we could get them instead.

hktownie hktownie
Jun '14

Wasnt the restaurant 1/2 taco bell and 1/2 pizza hut.

Jun '14

It was toward the end I think, but for years before that there was a Pizza Hut kind of where Rite Aid is now. If I remember correctly the old Taco Bell got the Pizza Hut menu when that closed.

hktownie hktownie
Jun '14

Moe's is good but Q'doba is better.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '14

Taco Bell in not Mexican; Chinese is not from China; good think Hot Pockets are real.

Jun '14

taco bell was where Kfc is now, it was split with pizza hut

Taco Bell was where White Castle is not KFC

Booster90 Booster90
Jun '14

Your wrong DH ! Taco Bell was where White Castle was. KFC has always been KFC.

Mr.JL Mr.JL
Jun '14

I agree that Taco Bell was where White Castle was.

I wonder why Yum brands did not take the KFC and make it a Taco Bell/KFC location. They do that in many markets (the old Taco Bell was also a Pizza Hut Express when they closed) and it seems like KFC is never all that busy.

summerhelp summerhelp
Jun '14

I MISS THAT OLD PIZZA HUT!!! I remember when I was a hit they had some kind of reading program with school, you read a certain number of books and got a free personal pizza. Does anyone remember that?

Smack Smack
Jun '14

I was involved with all my children in that program! It helped one of "didn't quite get it" kids to be a avid reader. They had quality time reading with mom, and then topped the experience off with a special lunch out. They had the neatest " land before time " toys too. Doesn't seem so very long ago but that child is now 35 with kids of her own. Happy memories!

Dansker Dansker
Jun '14

Book It! That was the program!

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Jun '14

You could also do birthday parties at Pizza Hut...they would take the kids and each one made a pizza...was great!

mammadone mammadone
Jun '14

Taco Bell was where White Castle, was Pizza Hut was where Rite-aid is, then Pizza Hut shared Taco Bell next to friendly then they both closed up

Ok so can everybody get back to the main topic where and when is this new taco bell coming????

Taco bell guru
Jun '14

Don't know when it's coming but it's going in front of hotel on 57 in mansfield

Booster90 Booster90
Jun '14

anyone know if this is still happening?

Patti Patti
Jul '14

Looks like it, machines were clearing and digging there last week.

Sure is

Booster90 Booster90
Jul '14

Like Tito's in Morristown!. Ehy bring back taco bell? Why not a Chick fil a?

Penny Penny
Jul '14

Taco Bell permit issued today, they want to open before winter

Michael Joseph Michael Joseph
Aug '14

Thumbs up! Love their chicken soft tacos, cheese wraps, and cinnabon desserts!

pure bred
Aug '14

I'm very glad that Taco Bell is returning to the area. It would be nice to have a Baja Fresh instead though.

Wendy Wendy
Aug '14

CHICKFILA!

mohepinoke mohepinoke
Aug '14

Posted in the HL Classified section:

Taco Bell Now Hiring

Now Hiring for Taco Bell, Hackettstown, NJ
(New Location Opening Soon at 1925, Route 57, Hackettstown, NJ 07840)

Positions available are as below:

Assistant General Manager
Shift Leads (Shift Manager)
Team Members

Apply Online and fill out online application.

http://jobs.tacobell.com/ICE/map/FindLocation?zip=07840&dist=5&st=&ct=&jf=0&jc=0&kwd=&req=&vm=2&sm=2

Or

http://jobs.tacobell.com/ICE/map/FindLocation?dist=0&jf=0&jc=0&vm=2&sm=2&ii=False

Search by entering Zip Code 07840

Too bad Mansfield doesnt get the recognition it deserves. Its like if doesnt exist. Lol

Nov '14

They get the tax money, that's the most important part.

Anyone know when this opens?

That is not meat in those Tacos. You can't get good meat for $1.25. I wish something more healthier would have opened there. A pizzeria or nail salon would have been perfect!

Derek Derek
Dec '14

Derek, I think you are being a little sarcastic there. Pizza is not a health food and there is one right across from Taco Bell and also one in the shopping center just past it going west so that can't be a serious comment. There are also nail salons in almost every shopping center so I guess you are trying to be funny. I enjoy the tacos and other fare from Taco Bell and do not care what is in them as long as they taste good to me. I wish all the people who think they are the food police for the rest of us would just take hike. Eat what you want but let the rest of us eat what we want.

It looks like just a matter of days. Drove by today and the inside looked nearly complete. They just need to pave the parking lot and smooth out the rest of the land. Plus signage, drive-thru, etc.

Fuji
Dec '14

OK, Taco the good news is Bell's beef is 88% beef; the bad news is Horse DNA was found in the beef.......in the UK. Taco Bell says sorry, our bad. Oh Willllllbur.

The other 12% are chemicals, corn, starches, oats, cellulose (good for the ladies....), and more chemicals. http://www.takepart.com/video/2014/05/02/and-now-you-know-whats-taco-bells-seasoned-ground-beef.

I still like them on occasion.

Dec '14

". I enjoy the tacos and other fare from Taco Bell and do not care what is in them as long as they taste good to me. "

wow. that statement is so sad

darwin darwin
Dec '14

Just so you know Darwin, I am 64 years old, admittedly overweight (this is under my control but I will not diet) but with no medical issues. I eat all kinds of food and have all my life. Maybe it is sad to you but my life has been one happy meal after another because I never worry about what I am eating unless it smells bad or tastes off. I never have any digestive issues and love gluten LOL. I have had exactly one cold in the last 15 years and never had the flu. You can worry about what you eat but don't judge me because I don't.

Nicely said MK. Clearly Darwin is like his name all knowing.....so sad.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Dec '14

Good job MK!

JOKER
Dec '14

What's in the chicken?

hktownie hktownie
Dec '14

Chicken and chemicals bad for your health......not much chicken though.........tastes great LOL, maybe Darwin can enlighten us on how bad it is and how sad it is that you want to eat it LOL.

It's people like MK that cause your health insurance rates to go through the roof when he starts having issues from his Taco Bell, McDonalds, desert filled diet. Eat a salad and help us all!

Derek Derek
Dec '14

Derek, I disagree with you, you can watch everything you eat, exercise everyday and do everything THEY tell you is right and still have high cholesterol, or diabetes, yes fast food and unhealthy eating does cuz these problems but not always, the the book says you can't judge it my the cover so stop labeling people and telling them to eat a salad, Have you ever been to a fast food place if so people can say the same about you

Derek assumes an awful lot about my diet. I have paid into my medical plan for 40 years and have no charges for anything other than a yearly physical and a colonoscopy every 5 years. I eat healthy and salad is a small part of it but eat vegetables with every meal. I have fast food only occasionally and your judgments are way out of line for someone who does not even know the person they are judging. I should exercise more since my job is sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day but I walk when I can and would not be overweight with a little more effort on my part. So Derek go and judge your own life, mine is just fine..............just because I don't worry about GMOs, gluten, or examine my food down to the molecule does not make me a health risk.

Hey Derek... shut it... what are you one of those guys who has a 6 pack and rips on people who don't? Life is short. Eat a burrito!

Metsman Metsman
Dec '14

OK so does anyone know when it opens so I can begin to cause my drain on the healthcare system.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Dec '14

For Derek, I like to compromise and have a salad with my Mexican ----- it's called the Taco!!!!

Dec '14

Life is short, eat a burrito! I love it! Two for me please!

Giants Giants
Dec '14

Real Men of Genius - Giant Taco Salad Inventor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISW1IDroVyY

ianimal ianimal
Dec '14

I can't judge since I have never been to a Taco Bell. I have been to Denny's for breakfast. Now thats a trip.

Old Gent Old Gent
Dec '14

My desert filled diet is kinda tasteless, and dry....

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '14

sorry MK, i thought it was sad that you don't care what is IN the food. I don't care if it's healthy or not i just think we as consumers should know what it is we are eating and if a company tells us its beef or chicken then it better be beef or chicken.

wasn't trying to attack your diet or lack of one, just think we as consumers shouldn't be so blind

darwin darwin
Dec '14

Oh cool. A food establishment that's already available in ledge wood. Why don't we just make it so every town has all the same stores and restaurants.....we're already halfway there.

Dec '14

NoUseForAname-Ledgewood isn't Washington or Oxford or Chester. It's a far enough drive to make it sensible to open another Taco Bell.

LngVly22 LngVly22
Dec '14

20 mins is far enough? That's what's wrong with this country.

Dec '14

Yeah, No Use is right. Why do we even have stores when practically everything is right next door in Ledgewood? Close 'em all down, folks. We don't need 'em. And you know what? Close down the hospital, too, because there's one of those in Dover and that's practically right around the corner.

Fuji
Dec '14

is it open yet?

stressed out stressed out
Dec '14

Anybody remember the Chilito? (about 15 years ago) That thing was YUMMY!

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '14

Wow Fuji. I'm just saying it would be nice to have some variety. We don't need the same restaurants and retail stores in every single town.

Dec '14

A Taco Bell in Hackettstown beats taking the drive to Phillipsburg. Ew.

When is this opening

hungryforTACOS
Dec '14

Drove passed it everyday for the last week, waiting. Looks done and beautiful. I need some Taco Bell baby!

Just Asking Just Asking
Dec '14

In their absence, try Ashley's on Main St instead. Or the new catering area of Fruitmex. ;-)

Open -- with a line around the building!

Mexican Pete
Dec '14

Word on the street is they're opening this Friday.

Fuji
Dec '14

Heard this place was PACKED tonight

I got there a minute too late!! They were already closed but the manager told me they will be opened tomorrow from 10-2

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Dec '14

Went there today with my daughter. No line around the building, but it WAS packed. Unfortunately, they REALLY don't have their act together yet. From the time we ordered, until the time we received our food was TWENTY-NINE MINUTES! Clearly they are not yet a "fast-food" restaurant

Joseefus Wubus Joseefus Wubus
Dec '14

I went there yesterday with my daughter and it was packed. We walked in since the drive-through wasn't open and I asked where the line was, since there were people standing everywhere. They said there is no line and to just walk right up and order, which I did.

I then turned around and realized that all the people in that crowd were waiting for their order to be ready. I just figured they were eating or already done. They were about 20 orders behind. I was going to just ask for my money back and leave, but my daughter insisted we wait.

It took over a half-hour and during that time, two people had their food order taken by the wrong patron and they had to prepare the whole order over again since the associates were relying on the honor system and not checking receipts before giving people their food.

It was about that time, around 8:30 PM, that they started turning away all new customers who came into the store. My daughter said she felt bad for the people who were turned away because they looked so sad when they were told they couldn't have their Taco Bell. :o)

Re: HTown Taco Bell coming?

We went on Xmas even. It was a soft opening. Had to wait but sooo worth it it will get better. No one was really complaining everyone was just chatting. Looking forward to my future visits.

Of course I took pictures of it.

Just asking Just asking
Dec '14

What genius thought it was a good idea to open when the drive thru isn't? That just creates chaos.

Metsman Metsman
Dec '14

The genius was the manager who wanted to make sure that his employees could handle the inside before handling both the outside and the inside. Who's the genius that drove around the sign to go through the drive-through that wasn't open....

Just asking Just asking
Dec '14

We just went there and it was a half hour to hour wait . We ended up at Piggys.

Is the drive thru open yet?

Ru4real Ru4real
Dec '14

Went tonight for take out, 15 minute wait, no drive through yet.

They should have done like many other businesses do and "borrowed" associates from the one in Ledgewood or had them train alongside more experienced workers there - although I have had a rather long wait there at times when they've been packed.

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '14

I know it's just a Taco Bell, but I can't really understand how their opening can be so mismanaged. Hubby & I tried to go there over the weekend and walked out to get Wendy's because when we walked in to see a long line (probably about 10 deep) with an additional 15 people or so who appeared to just be waiting for their order. I didn't see 1 person eating there!

The place will be deserted once the novelty wears off, but whenever anyplace first opens in our area it is always a mob scene! How is it possible to be so understaffed for an opening?

Oh well, will try again in a week or two when people are over it. :)

somechik somechik
Dec '14

I just happened to be in Ledgewood today. Every seat in the place is taken. 5 people waiting for food and 7 online. I am not so sure the novelty will wear off. Seems that Taco Bell has turned the corner. And in CraftBeerBob fashion I went to the Bottle King in ledgewood to see if they have anything "special" our Bottle King in Mansfield is much much better.

CraftbeerBob CraftbeerBob
Dec '14

Taco Bell is apparently closed right now. My bf went to get some and it was closed.

aaeadena aaeadena
Dec '14

Taco Bell is more popular right now than it has been in a long time. Plus factor in that there isn't one for at least 15-20 miles in any direction. I'm hesitant to put all of this blame on the owners or the staff. How exactly do you train the staff to handle a huge rush without throwing them into the mix? Hopefully this trial by fire exposes all of their current shortcomings/needs and gets them firing on all cylinders. They've only been open a week. I'm sure in a month's time the interest will greatly subside and the service will be much faster. Until then I'll stick with the 2,000 other fast food options in Mansfield.

Fuji
Dec '14

i love taco bell - i stopped there last Tuesday i think it was and left because many people were complaining that they were waiting 30+minutes. the employees need to get up to speed fast with how to make everything.

Poppy Girl
Dec '14

Fuji, you are right. People mob the place, expecting to be served as if they are the only ones who decided to show up. Wait a few weeks and customer size will be near zero, as it usually is at a Taco Bell.

Im going to taco bell now

Taco bell is closed right now

They have the lot parking lot closed off and all the lights are off.

carl m
Dec '14

Sounds like Taco Bell needs an apprenticing program at other Taco Bells for two or three weeks before their " soft" or Grand opening. You can't take short cuts in training if you want to get off to a smooth start...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Dec '14

Maja - did you even read Fujis post. You post completely contradicts what Fuji is saying.

Steve-0 Steve-0
Dec '14

They were closed by the board of Health !

LoBo cite your source.

btownguy btownguy
Dec '14

Steve O, fuji stated "I'm hesitant to put all of this blame on the owners or the staff. How exactly do you train the staff to handle a huge rush without throwing them into the mix? Hopefully this trial by fire exposes all of their current shortcomings/needs and gets them firing on all cylinders. They've only been open a week. I'm sure in a month's time the interest will greatly subside and the service will be much faster." I agree and would wait a few weeks to go. Guess I was not clear. Looks like nobody is going for now.

That doesn't sound good if it was closed by the B of H.

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Dec '14

Call the board of health,btownguy!

Probably because they have some local heroin junkie working there

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '14

For those on twitter, search "taco bell made me sick". Its amazing how many posts there are with that phrase. Whats interesting and new is many taco bell customers are now being served food with mold and/or mouse poop. That seems to be a new trend on twitter. Happy eating.

sack
Dec '14

The mouse poop must give it that the extra seasoning that makes it good. LOL

Metsman Metsman
Dec '14

so many assumptions - so few facts -

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

You're the one making the claims. What's the reason for closing?

I've heard it was closed by Transformers. Call Otimus Prime to confirm!

btownguy btownguy
Dec '14

It's not closed. My husband just drove past. Still a zoo. Not closed.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Dec '14

It's open and with much better service

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '14

So what's that mean Booster90? You don't have to wait 45 minutes for a burrito?

Metsman Metsman
Dec '14

Yes and you get what you order unlike my first visit

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '14

We tried it again tonight. It was still packed, but they were much more on the ball. The wait was relatively short, I brought the food home, and everyone enjoyed it.

In order to speed up service, they decided to cut corners to give you a less quality of a product. Remember Taco Bell has been found to put horse meat in those Tacos.

Derek Derek
Dec '14

Derek I'm sure that everyone who has eaten there will be happy you just shared that lol

I'm sure people that eat there already know that

Booster90 Booster90
Dec '14

It's not horse meat LOL, it's a soy derivative....a delicious, soy derivative

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Dec '14

google taco bell and horse meat for a real treat

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

HEY DEREK ,dont knock it till you try it.give them a chance ,my grandson works at taco bell.

billa billa
Dec '14

Seriously, if you don't want to eat Taco Bell, don't. But is it really necessary to post crap about horse meat in the food that your neighbors and friends are consuming, whether you agree with it or not? Grow up, people.

Tracy Tracy
Dec '14

lots of negative comments,by people that need to get a life!!!!!!!

billa billa
Dec '14

I've never eaten Taco Bell food - so out of curiosity I googled it - figuring that urban legends were being passed along - found out some of the above is accurate - I don't consider that being negative - I was looking for information --don't know about anyone else --

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

What's wrong with horse meat?

You realize that outside of the USA, many animals are consumed that we would consider "gross"... billions of other people can't be wrong.

If it tastes good, eat it.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Dec '14

I think it does fall into the negative category since it's not like someone asked "Can you tell me what's in Taco Bell meat?" The way it came across was "Do you know what nasty stuff is in that Taco bell meat you are eating?"

Horse is a delicacy in Venice... right next to donkey salami.

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/andrews-food-crawl-in-venice-15186

Fine Italian dining, anyone?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Dec '14

If you dont like it dont eat it .If you like it enjoy,Life is to short my friends..

billa billa
Dec '14

I agree billa!!

Taco Bell does not use horse meat. I googled it, as was suggested, and found out that many restaurants all over Europe were found to be using beef that contained some horse meat. Taco Bell, in Great Britain only, and who only has three locations there anyway, were found to be using beef from that supplier, as well. They stopped using that supplier.

If you want to know what is in it, here you go:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/29/taco-bell-beef_n_5232605.html

I think some people who would never touch Taco Bell food would be amazed at what goes into the ingredients in their favorite restaurants.

I guess we know what happened to Dominick the Italian Christmas Donkey!!

"I think some people who would never touch Taco Bell food would be amazed at what goes into the ingredients in their favorite restaurants."

You don't want to know how the mix the cole slaw at diners... My brother in law used to deliver soda kegs, and he saw first hand the nice hairy Italian guy shoulder deep in a garbage can full of slaw mixing it together.

Or just go to Kennedy's for a little side dish of saliva.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Dec '14

"I guess we know what happened to Dominick the Italian Christmas Donkey!!"

Not Dominick! Hee Haw Hee Haw...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Dec '14

Taco Bell is a fast food chain restaurant. What do you expect from it? It is about cheap taco's and burrito's. If you want really good, authentic Mexican food then go to an actual restaurant that has this kind of food. Don't get me wrong, Taco Bell isn't my place to eat, but my husband loves eating all of the ridiculous items on the menu. Here it is definitely about cheap quantity vs. quality. Also, if we are getting into the whole thing about horse meat being in Taco Bell's meat, then we might as well start a whole new thread about items w/ingredients we didn't know about (i.e. Gelatin is made up of collagen or lipstick can have crushed Cochineal Beetles in it or the new one: Starbucks has sperm in its coffee). People eat horse meat in other countries w/out a problem. My personal thought: Taco Bell is fast food, not meant to be gourmet. McDonald's had the whole pink slime issue and yet it hasn't deterred the mass majority from going there. I doubt the rumor of horse meat will stop most people for going to Taco Bell.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Dec '14

Who really cares !

Lobo, you apparently do care. You claimed it was closed by the health dept and yet left no other information about your claim.

btownguy btownguy
Dec '14

Down in SC they are all over the place where I live!!!

I keep seeing everyone say the closest ones were Pburg and Ledgwood but everyone forgets about the one right on Route in Columbia!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Dec '14

The difference is people may have other reasons to go to PBurg or Ledgewood... what the heck is there to do in Columbia?

Ledgewood is also closer, anyway.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Dec '14

Re: HTown Taco Bell coming?

Lets see Mark, there's the sub races in the Delaware, the bigfoot awareness group meets out there. Mantis Man has his summer place there. And Pizza at the Log Cabin. Lots to do in Columbia.

John C John C
Dec '14

That all just proves one thing...

Bigfoot and the Mantis Man both "live mas" and "think outside the bun".

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Dec '14

Mark Mc there are people on this group that live closer to Route 80 or live closer to Columbia. Plus columbia is on the way to the Poconos

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Dec '14

How is this place doing now? I heard the drive thru is open but didn't hear anything about the service

1train 1train
Jan '15

went there last night still busy.. Maybe waited 15 minutes after I ordered to get food... But they ran out of soft tacos!!!

Booster90 Booster90
Jan '15

I've never heard of a fast food restaurant running out of food in my life.... what, are they sprinkling the tacos with cocaine over there or something?!?!

Jan '15

I don't get it. This place has been open for a week or two and still takes 15 minutes to get food? This isn't gourmet food. How long does it take to slap some beans and veggies in a wrap to make fast mexican food. Really???

Redwing
Jan '15

This place sucks! Went tonight to try it out. We got hard shell tacos and steak burritos. We bought 6 tacos and all of the shells were stale. About half were made ok as far as ingredients. The other half were literally just filled with lettuce. We also got those little cinnamon ball dessert things and they were yummy:) I'm not a huge fan anyway, but figured I would try it. Probably wouldn't go back.

If its that baad..why the large crowds?

Brad2
Jan '15

This place really is atrocious. Against better judgment, we went this afternoon as well. It took almost 20 minutes just to order, and there were only a few people in front of us. Then it took another 15 minutes to receive our food. While we were waiting, one woman came in with an incorrect order, presumably from the drive thru, and another customer had a problem who was dining in. They have one, very poorly trained, though friendly, cashier. They were sold out of soft and hard taco shells (this was around 4pm) among other things. I can understand being sold out of things in the beginning, but 2+ weeks after opening and they are still running out of things every day? I don't get it either. They were substituting the Doritos taco shells, but still upcharging for them since the cashier didn't know how to override it. We ordered three things and all were missing at least one element as listed on the menu. Definitely won't be returning. At least not until they get all of these problems sorted.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '15

Went last night it was about 30 degrees inside. Screwed up my order and waited 30 minutes.

townie14 townie14
Jan '15

been there a few times since opening. no complaints correct order, good tacos, bit slow, but they are still on probationary start. they are swamped and understaffed, if you want to complain then get a part time job there, been in Hackettstown 25 years and every time i use this site i realize how uptight the people here can be, its Taco Bell for f***s sake, not a 5 star restaurant.
You can tell by their current hours they are still working things out

MONDAY: 7:00AM - 12:00AM
TUESDAY: 7:00AM - 12:00AM
WEDNESDAY: 7:00AM - 5:00PM
THURSDAY: 7:00AM - 12:00AM
FRIDAY: 7:00AM - 1:00AM
SATURDAY: 7:00AM - 1:00AM
SUNDAY: 7:00AM - 12:00AM

Anything about the drive thru? I want to check it out but it sounds like eating In takes forever.

1train 1train
Jan '15

Who cares ?

1train, went yesterday and used the drive thru. The wait wasn't bad. I also noticed the girl double checked our order to make sure it was right before handing it to me.

Lobo, I guess the people that want to eat there and get the correct order in a timely manner would care lol!

My daughter and I also went yesterday and had a long wait. We'll wait things for settle down before returning!

ScreamingButterfly ScreamingButterfly
Jan '15

I stopped by Sunday morning around 10am and got a tasty burrito. Nobody else eatting inside. Friendly staff. I will be back.

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Jan '15

So, have they figured out how to microwave a soft taco in less than 10 minutes yet?

Jan '15

JRT you are right! I went three days ago and my order was ok, it didn't take that long to get it but i notice they fill my tacos with just lettuce. Barely any meat, 1 pc. And i mean 1 pc. of tomato and lettuce. I spent $11. And i usually i dont complaint cause it is fast food and not a 5 star restaurant but that was very ridiculous. I used to go to the one in Ledgewood but I think Im going back there again. Not happy. By now they should get it together.

Bella76 Bella76
Jan '15

lol @ people critiquing Taco Bell

lollipopz
Jan '15

They're probably making food with the corporate approved portions. Once they get into a groove, I'm sure they'll be over stuffing tacos in no time.

smilingbecs smilingbecs
Jan '15

+1 lollipopz

Redwing
Jan '15

wow that drive thru line is long!!

yourATTguy
Jan '15

Taco Bell's cuisine is in a constant state of miraculous evolution focusing on Latino-inspired dishes and a quaint atmosphere. I rate it a single finger. The ambiance of the drive-through just can't be matched, polite, close and friendly. Huge yellow poles protect you from the building at all times. And now they even have an Ap for mobile order with a free Doritos Locos Taco ---- what a entertaining enticement although I just don't know how they find you after you order mobile. For music, they feature a live band called Live Mas. Can't wait to hear them. I hear they are even working on an item you can actually eat in the car without endangering everyone around from death by spillage; it comes in a bun.

Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.