Cruise night at Wendy's, a pleasant reminder

So I was coming home late from work Thursday night after a long day and had to run to Lowes for a few things. I was in a hurry and wanted to just get in and out and get home. As I turned into the parking lot I was greeted by the wonderful sight of classic cars and the sounds of golden oldies being played over the loudspeakers. I completely forgot about the cruise night held every Thursday night in the Wendy's parking lot. I was instantly brought back to when I was a kid and my stepdad and I used to attend cruise nights and classic car shows religiously. I haven't been to one in forever and was shocked at the turnout on what was such a so so night, considering most classic car owners won't take the car out of the garage if it even looks like it might rain. As I walked around looking at the awesome display of automobiles I called my stepdad and told him that we need to start going to shows again. I suggest anyone who is looking for a fun night out on a Thursday come out and check out the cruise night in Hackettstown!

cruise night cruise night
May '14

love it but sadly with every passing year the memories fade and the new generations just dont get it. those days are from times lonnnng gone. society is nothing like it was. nothing. the only place where the oldies are somewhat hanging on is in wildwood. even that is a shell of its former self. its over johnny!

There is no uniqueness in today's cars. It's all the gadgets that they can fit in it. Look at the colors. Mostly Black and white. The cars that are sharp are not made or priced for the for the masses. It is depressing to me, but I am the Old Gent.

Old Gent Old Gent
May '14

Thanks for the reminder. I thoroughly enjoy the cars and speaking with the owners as well as reminiscing with others. Great group of people and music!

Happy Guy Happy Guy
May '14

It's always a good time at that cruise night.

Is it for younger kids? Always wanted to bring my boys and teach them all about the older cars, but was nervous they would breath too close and get in trouble.

Livinglifelovinglife Livinglifelovinglife
May '14

Living- Bring them! I started bringing my boys to shows and cruise nights from the time they were able to walk. It's fun and a great way to meet great people. My sons are grown now and we still enjoy going to shows and cruise nights.

Kids are are very welcome. I often go over to the wendys cruise night and the young kids are fun. You see some of them want to sit in the cars and have their parents take pics of them. I never have a problem with letting the kids sit my car and pretend to drive etc, as long as the parents are with them. The only kid who ever had me nerves at car show was my own daughter, she felt the need to bring her skate board and ride it around. which seemed fine, but I had to tell her a million times stay away from the cars, cause if you hit one with your skate board, I gotta find money to fix their car. No one seemed to mind her on the skate board but me, I guess I know how well she skate boards better then the other car owners.

Everyone is welcome at the cruise night! We are the DJ's there and we work with the Cops N Rodders of North Jersey who hosts the cruise night. Anyone can stop by and check out all of the great vehicles on hand. Children are most definitely welcome as they are our "future rodders"! We start every Thursday at 5pm (weather permitting) and go until around 8pm. You can also like Cops N Rodders of North Jersey on facebook for updates. Besides the cruise night on Thursday swing by our show this Saturday 6/7 at Rt. 46 Chevrolet from 9-3. Thank you for all the positive comments and we look forward to seeing all of you at our cruise night!

S.C.3. S.C.3.
Jun '14

How is the crowd and car turn outs for cruise nights at lowe's Thursday nights?

Weedwacker Weedwacker
Aug '14

They should call it cops n mustangs

Booster90 Booster90
Aug '14

"They should call it cops n mustangs"

Or "Mustangs of JC Whitney"

Ooh, look. Another strut tower brace!

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Aug '14

Booster90

Oh come on now, they could just as easily call it Cops and Corvettes or rods with Corvette engines - LOL. The 'Vette and 'Stang contingent are mostly regulars, as well as a number of others, but on good days you definitely get some nice and/or unusual vehicles that show up! I have noticed more 50's Pickups, especially Fords lately.

With the great weather tonight, I'd expected the lot to be full early, but since I get out of work early, I sat in Wendy's eating while I watched the cars roll in. I left early (5:30 ish), so I'm sure all hadn't yet arrived, considering they don't officially start until 6pm I think.

There could have been some holdouts too, since I think "Lead East" has already started at the Parsippany Hilton.

Phil D. Phil D.
Aug '14

I wish the kids and their non classic rices cars weren't allowed there. They sure don't bring me a blast from the past.

Smack Smack
Aug '14

On a good night we see about 200-250 cars at our cruise night. I know some people don't understand the new generation of cars but they are just like the old generation. They build their cars and take pride in the modifications and time they have invested. You may see them as "non classic ricers" but these kids are the next generation of rodders despite their vehicle of choice. We allow everyone at our cruise nights because it's a big family of car lovers. Regardless of the year make or model, we all share one common thing and that is the love of building machines. So with that in mind as we said before it is a great fun filled night perfect for families and we look forward to many more great cruise nights.

On a side note we get some very diverse vehicles at our cruise nights. This past week was well over 200 cars and we had a large variety.

S.C.3. S.C.3.
Aug '14

Re: Cruise night at Wendy's, a pleasant reminder

250 cars, doesn't look like you can fit that many there.. Unless your counting all those super cool mustangs straight from the dealership parking there...maybe a pit stop to put on a high performance exhaust so they have something to say they did to it

Booster90 Booster90
Aug '14

Re: Cruise night at Wendy's, a pleasant reminder

"250 cars, doesn't look like you can fit that many there"

If literally every space at Wendy's, in the "B" lot (closer to Lowes) and half of the spaces towards Marshalls were filled (not accounting for vendors and the announcer booth), it would be about 180 cars.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Aug '14

Was thinking of heading up this Thursday. When does season end?

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

Think the last day is community day

Booster90 Booster90
Sep '14

Community day is this Saturday. Cruise nights are on Thursday.

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

I didn't see them there last week Bruin, but it was rainy earlier that day. Seems to early for the season to be over, they should be back again.

hktownie hktownie
Sep '14

Yes but they will be at community day for the last time this year

Booster90 Booster90
Sep '14

I was just at the Roxbury mall cruise night tonight, they said they are going till Halloween.

Bruin Bruin
Sep '14

Hi everyone, Two Drop Eddie here, Show Coordinator for Cops 'n' Rodders Thursday night cruise at Hackettstown Lowes and Wendy's shopping center

We will be starting on April 30. As usual the cruise night is free to all spectators. We will have our famous DJs Chris and Kari from SC3 Entertainment. The cruise nights run from 5pm to 9pm as usual. You may get there eary to secure a good spot. We will be having live bands during the cruise night season and many great vendors as well. All years, makes, and models are welcome. Two Kids Foundation will have a 50-50. Come see the newly renovated Wendy's with outside seating. Check us out on North Jersey Cops N Rodders Facebook or www.dogpoundcrusiers.com. Thanks. Two Drop Eddie and the Staff at Cops 'n' Rodders

Ed Barricella Ed Barricella
Mar '15

Do you have to be a cop to bring a car? That has always been my impression of cops and rodders

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Was there last night and highly enjoyed the evening!

Sorry we fit into the non-classic category to some of you, even though the car we had there last night is 25 years old. Us "kids" are 45 years old and my husband spends a lot of time and love on his cars and people appreciate them and the effort put forth on them and we appreciate a nice ride old or new!

That's the thing about car folks we all can appreciate and understand the love we have for our cars. We don't have to agree on the choice.

You don't have to be a cop to display your ride. Just spend $5 on a placard you put in your window during the meet.

Dadogmomma Dadogmomma
Jul '15

I'm glad people do these shows still, but i've never quite understood the guys who buy a brand new corvette or mustang and show it like it's a classic. But i digress.

Last year Donaldson's had a really great car show that brought a good variety of cars, even some European makes which are way more interesting to me....did they do it again this year or was that a one time deal?

eperot eperot
Jul '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.