A "Venting" Thread - 9th Edition

Other one was getting too long. Lol.

When you go thru an inspection check, yes, slow down, but that doesnt mean go 30mph in a 50mph for the next 5 miles, after you past the check. SMH!

Lol!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
May '14

Getting stuck behind one of those caterpillar trucks going 10 miles an hour!

Rebecca- Have they ever driven in Massachusetts? There's a lovely term for those drivers;) Just as bad as NJ...

Blackcat Blackcat
May '14

Pension reform blocked by a Democrat double-dipper since 2011:

"Sen. Jennifer Beck (R-Monmouth) has introduced a bill that would codify that bit of common sense. But it’s been stuck since 2011 in the Senate’s State Government Committee - a panel chaired by a double dipper himself, Sen. Jim Whelan, D-Northfield, who annually collects a $35,160 state pension, $71,564 as a full-time Atlantic City school teacher and $49,000 as a legislator, according to NJ Watchdog."

http://www.nj.com/ledgerlive/index.ssf/2014/05/christie_scoops_out_pension_fund_as_pal_double_dipper_joe_d_looks_on.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Huge raises for Christie staff. Averaging 23%...saw in the paper and heard on news 12

5catmom 5catmom
May '14

One of our cats has apparently lost his teeny little mind.

He's running around the house like his tail's on fire.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '14

Crap I'm doing errands and just realized my vehicle inspection expired on Saturday.

Please visit me in jail.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '14

Rebecka - At first I would just say a cat running like crazy is normal if you live in a house with Iggy. But have you also considered it might be hyperesthesia??

I haven't considered that because I don't know what it is, GC! I should google, I imagine. In the meantime, the cat (Bubba) appears to have regained his version of sanity.

And what about visiting me in JAIL?!?! Are you not concerned that I'm going to be hauled away in handcuffs any minute now?

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '14

I'll pay your bail, Rebecka

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '14

Rebecka - It's a disease where their skin is all sensitive to the point they jump for no reason, quick turn to bite at their tail, and almost jump up in the air because they think someone touched them when they didn't. People say you can sometimes even see like a ripple go through their skin. I imagined it would be like humans say they feel the hair on their neck stand up only that was happening constantly. Supposedly rare, but I had one some years back with it, and heard of some other cat at the vets.

As for your inspection sticker, I thought that was par for the course in NJ.

People who believe that they,as the SECOND vehicle at a stop sign automatically have the right of way to simply blow through the stop sign behind the first vehicle cutting off the person making the opposite left. YOU HAVE TO STOP AND WAIT YOUR TURN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. Speaking specifically to the much older woman in the white car with the brown hair in a low pony and "trying desperately to be fabulous" huge brown sunglasses at the corner of Washington and Grand this morning who crossed in front of me nearly causing a loss. I know you're simply smashing darling, but I'm gonna need ya to turn down the "Moon River” follow the rules of the road and get over yourself.

zombiechick zombiechick
Jun '14

People who 'stand' in a very active / congested parking lot - this morning THREE cars were running with the driver doing whatever at the Hackettstown Post Office. I parked, did my business and left before any one of them moved! As I was leaving there were all sorts of cars jockeying for position. Oh and there was no line at the counter, so they weren't waiting on someone!

trekster3- trekster3-
Jun '14

zombiechick, it used to be the law that the second car, as long as it stopped behind the first car, could go without stopping again, providing the traffic would allow it. In your case it sounds like the traffic did not allow for her to go without stopping a second time. Try driving down Rt. 46 heading east near Best's farm. Those folks coming out of Russling Rd, think they have the right of way all the time.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Jun '14

My baby never got sick in 8 months being home with me. Three days in daycare and she's already sick with a cold.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '14

Get used to it Tracy. Mine was sick all the time too. It sucks. What's worse is parents that *knowingly* send their kids in sick.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jun '14

This is why my kids never went to daycare.

Christine Christine
Jun '14

I know, Christine, I wish I had other options.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jun '14

Christine, I wish I had other options too. This is exactly why I never wanted to send her, but when I considered the options, this was what I was most comfortable with for her safety. I was lucky enough to be home with her for 8 months, and I will hopefully be home with her again in a couple more months. Right now, I need to help earn some money for my family.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '14

I understand trust me. It was a hard decision for us to make. When she starts school the same thing will happen. But she will build an immunity to all this stuff going around.

When I was home with my kids I babysat friends kids at the same time. it was not a lot of money but it helped pay some bills. I love kids and if anyone needs any help let me know. I was thinking of doing it again.

Christine Christine
Jun '14

I know expert by any means, but I would think kids should be exposed to the real world of germs, I would think it builds their immune system.

Darrin Darrin
Jun '14

Tracy-hope she feels better. Regardless of daycare or regular school, they will pick up germs. Even as adults. Its just part of life.

Jun '14

Thanks, bothered. I knew it would happen eventually, just didn't expect it so soon.

Darrin, yes, it does help their immune systems to be exposed to things. I didn't exactly keep her in a bubble for 8 months, and I'm not a major germaphobe, but we do practice good hygiene and sanitation. I'm just disappointed that she got sick so quickly. I thought the particular center I chose was on the cleaner side, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '14

Tracy hope your baby is well soon! I had 2 daughters go thru daycare and it was a great daycare - Federally mandated - I work @Picatinny they had/have stringent routine of cleaning/disinfecting yet both my girls would get sick - I think it's all the other children. I will say by the time they started Kindergarten (and then on) they rarely we're sick. I know your heart is breaking, so sad when so little and sick - she'll be better before you know it! I too wished I could've stayed home with them however sometimes that's just not an option. Hang in there!

luvlife
Jun '14

zombiechick and Ms Fishy

Believe it or not, Title 39 (NJ Motor Vehicle Code) used to state that as long as the first car at a stop sign had made a full and proper stop at the stop sign and the second one had also, BOTH cars could proceed through the stop sign as long as the first one had no cars coming towards it when it went through. It also said that oncoming cars had to yield to that second car! I'll try to find my old copy of Title 39 from the 80's which still had that in it so I can quote it verbatim.

I did check the online version of Title 39 a couple of years ago and thank goodness that section had been revoked. Back in the old days, without much traffic, it made some sense, but nowadays, with it sometimes feeling like a free for all out there, it makes no sense at all!

That leads to my own pet peeve (one of them). When you're proceeding at or below the speed limit and there is NOBODY behind you, a car either stopped at a stop sign feels it to be their obligation to go through said sign right in front of you and either nearly come to a stop or proceeds so slowly after turning that you have to nearly panic stop to avoid hitting them. That also goes for people that blow through a stop sign and do the same thing. WHY??? If there is nobody at all behind me, why can't they wait that few seconds until I pass. Are they afraid that I will be holding them up? I just don't get their logic!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '14

Tracy- Don't feel guilty about working. It will show her that both Mom and Dad work hard. I also think it teaches work ethic. So don't sweat it. She will feel better soon. Congrats on the new job!!

Nosila Nosila
Jun '14

Phil D. your comment about being cut off is one of my pet peeves as well. The other being folks who "cut" the corner, and almost hit you and act like it's your fault. Such as turning left onto Allen Rd. from Rockport. Why do they think the lines are on the road.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Jun '14

hey Tracy... is she sick or is she teething???? runny nose, cranky, fever, eye boogies... ect.. my bet is she getting more teeth!!!!!!!!!! :)
good luck...
As Dr Chi say... warm whhaatter, hhottt showwa, eat bahnahnnas.. good momma she be ok!!

scoop scoop
Jun '14

Thanks, Nosila :o)

Phil D., one of my biggest pet peeves too!

scoop, I don't know. She's already got her three bottom teeth and she had no symptoms like this when they came in. She seemed better today...so fingers crossed it wasn't a serious thing.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '14

Ms Fishy - I definitely agree with you on that one as well!

Speaking of turning...people that pull over to the opposite side of the lane from the direction they're going to make a turn towards (and oddly, then cut across the corner, just as you mention), are a pain too. You see someone in a tiny car that feels as though they need to block the road by doing that, so nobody can go around them on the right when they're making a left turn until they've completed their turn. I've seen fairly decent sized backups just due to that. It's not like they're "driving a Chrysler that's as big as a whale" - LOL.

Almost all regular vehicles now have quick and accurate rack & pinion steering, rather than the older recirculating ball steering. Again, I just don't get it!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '14

I just watched a lady in her 40s hit a telephone pole at the intersection outside my office window. Cops/Fire came, gave her a field sobriety test and then arrested her.... Seriously how are you drunk at 11am?? oh and she did it right in front of the Somerville court house

darwin darwin
Jun '14

Sounds like she should win a certain award, the name of which contains your HL posting moniker.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '14

Lol Rebecka...true

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '14

Cars that pull out in front of you, then crawl. Hey a*hole, if you insist on not waiting for it to be clear and pull out, then GO GO GO!

Jun '14

people who continually bash teachers for objecting when promised benefits - offered upon hiring are eroded.....one accepts a job because the compensation will help cover the cost of living and caring for a family............I doubt too many of you would be doing the happy dance if your job suddenly took money and /or benefits away - the very ones that were promised ..and bash teachers for just caring about the money is nuts ----you don't become a teacher to get rich - the level of nastiness from a few on this forum is appalling

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '14

Thank you 5catmom for saying what I have been thinking for years

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jun '14

Teachers are the hardest workers out of most professions I know

Darrin Darrin
Jun '14

People who treat like you are nothing and dont care they do it. I am just not that type of person and it is hard to understand not nice people. Thank you that felt better to vent it out.

just a thought
Jun '14

"I doubt too many of you would be doing the happy dance if your job suddenly took money and /or benefits away"

the problem is some of us have had that happen to us due to the economy. We just don't have the power of a union. We also accept the state of our economy has hit EVERYONE hard which most teachers don't want to hear, they just want what they want and don't seem to care that in order for them to get what they want, the rest of us have to give more then we have before and we have less to give.

Most of us have to fund our own retirement, or at least a large poriton of it, and have to pay for our benefits. All of which have increased over the years.

I have always said teachers are underpaid while they are working and overpaid when they retire, there needs to be a way to balance that.

darwin darwin
Jun '14

Screaming at a sales person until you make them cry does not prove that you are better than them. It proves you are a bully. And doing it in front of your 7 year old daughter proves that you are looking to perpetuate the behavior.

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
Jun '14

I just love it when I'm trying to figure out how to play a piano piece properly and I go online to find a YouTube video of what appears to be a four-year-old Asian girl playing the piece better than I ever will.

Hashtag Notjoking.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '14

AndrewsMom-you are so right. They are just bullies. I work retail and if one more rude customer comes to check out and is on their cell phone when Im trying to talk with them about their order, and puts their finger up to tell me to wait, Im going to tell them where to stick the phone. Need a job, yes (dont we all) but going to be disrespected, HELL NO!

Jun '14

Mean and catty girls on Facebook, one who I thought was a friend, making fun of a girls appearance.

They took a picture of a girl in a restaurant they were at and were posting mean and spiteful things about her on Facebook for everyone to see. I told them they were mean and how would they like it if someone said those things about them. They said I didn't understand the back story, told me I was judgemental of them and then said that it wasn't hurtful because the picture was not of her face. I guess that makes it okay.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Jun '14

jazzykatt -you did the right thing.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Jun '14

You know all those facebook pictures go into the NSA facial recognition database don't you?

Post on.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Jun '14

Botheredbyuu2 - I think it should be a requirement that everyone work retail or another service industry for a period of time. And not a high-end, low-stress environment either. Down and dirty with the masses. You learn a lot about patience.

The registers went down at the store I work in a couple of week's ago and the cashiers were being ripped up and down. Yes, your cashier who works for about $9.50/hour decided on a whim to take the whole system down just to piss you off. It made her day sooo much easier. Now, I understand customer's frustration. They have things to do and want to get on with their day. But the cashier has no control over the situation and is just as frustrated as you.

Jun '14

9.50 an hour? Lol, that would be nice.

Jun '14

To the driver of a white SUV on Russling Road at 6:30 this morning who tailgated me to the light on 46 and Steiger Street;

I hope you arrived safely and didn't injure anyone on your way to whatever emergency you were rushing to.

i hate trolls and tweakers,

so very tired of them, really am, esp the trolls, can't stand them any more

why are so many people so dishonestly pithy so much of the time?

that's my vent this day,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jun '14

Why do the good die young? I am not questioning God or anything but losing so many people to cancer lately and it is always the good ones. What about the ones who are not good and are horrible people? Why not the ones who cheat and steal from people? UGG

Soooo sad.....

Christine Christine
Jun '14

Wanted to sent flowers for a friends birthday. FTD had a discount. So I go to their website and they had a nice bouquet for $19.99. Got thru the process of ordering and at check out the total was $50+. WTH! There was a service fee of $29.99, because I wanted them delivered Saturday. No way and I canceled the order. Highway robbery! !!

Jun '14

I hate when it may rain on graduation night! Warren Hills graduation is tonight and the possibility of thunderstorms may mean we won't have enough tickets for me to go! Ugh! I'm just thinking good thoughts and that it won't rain!

Sunshine Sunshine
Jun '14

Having to write a very explicit letter so my hubby understands exactly why I'm pissed off at him....

trekster3- trekster3-
Jun '14

Sunshine-Glad the weather cooperated. HHS graduates tonight. They may get rained on. Hope not.

Jun '14

To the person who knifed my tire in my driveway, thanks for the paid day off of work!!!! I appreciate it

Lucky you did it to my company car, If it was my personal Hackettstown PD would be searching for a missing person right now......

Darrin Darrin
Jun '14

kudos darrin - glad I didnt need to bring the shovels and lye lol

skippy skippy
Jun '14

Every single time it's nice enough to have the doors and windows open, I have to be subjected to obnoxious inconsiderate neighbors. Can't I just get some peace and quiet, please?!

Tracy Tracy
Jun '14

Seems like people dont have signals on their cars. What's with that? Are you special? And if I get behind one more driver that has to brake at every side street they pass, Im going to scream!

Jun '14

Arg... still no puppies yet. There's a saying... "A watched b*tch never whelps." That is so true!! I haven't let Leila out of my sight in days.... and nothing. Waiting waiting waiting. We are twiddling our paws waiting.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '14

I keep checking and was wondering. Maybe you can do what I did with my 4th child. Bergey took me on a bumpy car ride. ;0)

Christine Christine
Jun '14

People who use Kenwood Village as a "cut through" ! If you don't live in the development, use the main roads!! I am trying to ride my bike around here and there is way too much traffic !

Mariann Mariann
Jun '14

Where's Kenwood Village?

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Jun '14

Is that Lawrence Dr, Shelley Dr., etc...?

Jun '14

Yes, Lawrence, Shelley, Mitchell, etc
!

Mariann Mariann
Jun '14

my vent for the day:

i do not appreciate or understand trollers, tweakers, miscreants and provocateurs,

what is their deal? what motivates them?

why are so many so blindly pithily intellectually dishonest? and mean spirited?

are they that unhappy?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jun '14

I cut thru but go slow. ;)

Jun '14

I go through Kenwood all the time. It is the fastest way to my destination. Do you avoid all residential areas when driving? Or do you go the most direct route?

I also cut through but I am a cautious driver. Ever since I was in grade school when a classmate was killed riding his bike there. that was a long time ago.

Christine Christine
Jun '14

BD, most I would say are actually normal posters but do not have the courage to act the same on their normal posting name.

Darrin Darrin
Jun '14

Thanks Lobo and Ashley for getting the pool thread shut down.

Jun '14

If you are going to honk at me 5 seconds after I get in my car while you are waiting for the parking spot you'll be waiting even longer. Give me time to start my car, put on my seat belt, open my windows and make sure I'm all set to start driving. I'm not going to put my car in gear the second I start it. You honked at me so I decided to sit there and check my email on my phone. Am I the only one that's that spiteful?

jrsemom jrsemom
Jun '14

I just figured out what the "MLB" in "MLB Season" stands for.

I am truly, pathetically, clueless about sports.

That is all. Carry on. :-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '14

I'm right there with you Jrsemom. I have actually turned off my car and gone back in the store just to be a b**tch - oops sorry forgot something I say as I walk past the car. LOL!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '14

@Rebecka...I thought I was the only one!

joyful joyful
Jun '14

When someone posts asking what you pay for something, why don't people just say what they pay for something? Isn't it quicker to type $10,000 than "I got a really great price you should call them and find out how great my price was"?

I am sick and tired of being asked for donations , McDonald's , Walmart , Sears, I donate to where I choose stop asking me ,it pisses me off , also stop asking me if I want to try your blah blah blah , no I don't stop asking , I am so sick of it I have stopped going to certain places , it's just getting ridiculous , If I see a stand to help animals I give money , or whatever it may be that I am inclined to help , but stop asking when I go to the store or the fast food drive thru , done

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Jun '14

The woman next to me at work has been "clocked in" since 8am, and hasn't done a lick of work yet.

Yes, we all check our phones and take the occasional call, but I think this is a little over the top.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Jun '14

Cowgirl1-at certain businesses, its mandatory that we ask if you would like to make a donation. If our number of donations are poor, we get reprimanded and it goes against us at "review" time. (Thats a joke in itself). Please dont blame the cashier. We're just doing our job. I personally think its annoying also, as an employee.

Jun '14

bbyuu2... I understand what you're saying. Employees being told it's part of their job (and could be part of their perf review) to seek donations is a peeve of mine and, along with that, is the cashiers having to Tell you how much you've saved. I look at my receipt and I Know how much the corporation is Telling me I saved. Of course we all know the saved amount is fairly bogus:) I'm sure the employees would like to not be forced to ask for donations and/or to tell you how much you saved. Anyhow, as someone said, carry on.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Jun '14

bbyuu2 - Agreed. We have to ask for donations, ask people to upgrade their membership, ask them to open credit cards, and tell them how much they have saved. Like you, all part of performance reviews. And they want to know why the lines don't move faster! Retail is a wonderful thing! (Heavy sarcasm)

Jun '14

Glad we dont say how much you saved. Thats real annoying.

Jun '14

Then they want you to go online and rate them! Really?

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Jun '14

Right! I forgot about the survey! Got to ask about that also. By the time I leave, my throat is sore.

Jun '14

People who hack credit card numbers - some jerk stole our credit card number and charged a rather lot before our Credit card company figured it out.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jun '14

What is a vent, and what does it do for the plumbing system?

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jun '14

Clyde

I have the feeling that you know this already and of course are being punnish, but in case anyone else was wondering, the plumbing "vent" or "vents" are vertical sections of plumbing pipe that connect segments of your drain system with the atmosphere by going up through the roof so they're open to the outside. This allows for smooth flowing of the solid and liquid waste through your plumbing system as well as to avoid the buildup of air or noxious gas bubbles in the system that could potentially slow or stop the flow and/or become dangerous.

Of course there are always "Vented" suits - what's that vent for - to allow freer flow of fartage??? LOL

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '14

Mariann

Looks as though you may not have to worry quite as much about people cutting through "Kenwood Village" for a bit. The town website states that the HMUA will be upgrading the water system through the area from Mountain Ave. to Rt. 57.

The few people I know that cut through there (I rarely do unless I want to get to the other side of one of the businesses without trying to make a left on Mt. Ave. - but I follow the speed limit) will not be happy... .

I used to live on Victoria Lane and would walk or ride my bike through there too, so I know how frustrating it can get.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '14

People that leave their car at the gas pump and go inside the store to get snacks and coffee while people are waiting to fill up. Have some consideration. Get your gas, then move your car to a parking spot and go inside.

People that leave a football field length space in front of them while sitting in the left lane. Keep UP or move over!

Tracy Tracy
Jul '14

Lol Tracy. I vented ahout the gas station problem months ago and most HL posters bit my head off!! Watch out! Or maybe it was just because its ME!

Jul '14

Someone stole my flag. Brand new!! WTF...who does that???

Christine Christine
Jul '14

Was looking forward to the long weekend down the shore - now they are talking about a tropical storm - UGH.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Jul '14

Christine- thats despicable.

Maybe the heat is getting to me. Today I need to vent. People on their cell phones, standing in the entrance to the store, talking about their unpaved driveway and when you say excuse me, they take 1 step. HOW FRIGGIN RUDE. People who don't use their turn signals. Are you special?.
At the store and lines are long. Another register opens and instead of taking the next person in line (me) they just yell "6 is open". So everyone behind me runs and there Iam stuck behind

slow-poke magee. 2 people were done in the other line before I was finished. I feel better now. All I can say is COME ON OCTOBER! Lol

Jul '14

I hear you bbu...I hate this weather with a passion, it's unbearable and I get very cranky! I miss the winter. I can tolerate the cold much more than the heat and humidity.

positive positive
Jul '14

Amen positive! Cranky IS the word. Give me 65-70 with NO humidity and all is good. :) Love the 50s from time to time too.

Jul '14

I'm not a fan of this weather either - the central air in the office is set at freezing temps, i have to go and thaw outside of my office and the humidity is not kind to my hair.

My pet peeve abt cell phone people - texting and walking and holding up lines. How rude.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Jul '14

Ridiculousness!

Jul '14

The thunder scares one of our dogs. :-( Found him in our bed with his nose under a pillow.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

Once again, neighbors have to cut their grass at 8am on a Sunday morning. The ignorance just shocks me!

Jul '14

Trying to steer the canoe into boat launch ramp on the D&R canal and having to scream at the fool standing there letting his 5 kids splash around at the edge. At least the kids heard my "mom" voice to get out of the way!

Blackcat Blackcat
Jul '14

Alvin. Theodore. Bambi. And Yogi.

I don't have a problem with wild life. In fact, I like it. But can it be limited to one crisis to deal with per day?? Seriously.

What do drivers think the "road closed ahead" signs mean on Arthur Terrace (or any road for that matter)? The road really is closed by the Greenview Garden Apartments. According to the update on the Hackettstown Police Facebook page, the water main contractor hit a gas line today. While I am shaking my head and laughing now as all these drivers turn around outside my building, I'm not going to find it amusing if this drags on past bed time.

MO Htown MO Htown
Jul '14

My vent is that there are nine long venting threads and so few like the helping hand thread. Talk about messed up.

Justintime Justintime
Jul '14

Adding to my previous vent, why is it easier to assume the worst rather than keep an open mind and assume a rational explanation for things? Too much Jerry Springer I our lives?

Justintime Justintime
Jul '14

To the a*hole on Rt 57 who decided to shoot fireworks off at 3am this morning. Next time I call the cops!

Jul '14

My vent is about pet adoptions, shelters and rescue organizations.... Look I get how important it is to make sure animals are well cared for, are not abused/ neglected and are in a home that are committed to them. For Pete's sake in my line of work, child abuse laws came AFTER animal cruelty laws!!

So I have spent countless hours perusing the adoption websites falling in love over and over again, putting in more applications online than there are trees, given up at least 15 minutes of my time on each and every application answring ALL of those questions& providing novel like explanations of what happened to previous pets( sick, cancer, put down etc) nothing that would send red flags or anything and what happens? Nothing!
I go nowhere with this and when I look at some of these costs " adoption fees" so to speak, I'm thinking.. "What a scam!"
It seriously would be easier to go to a pet store or a breeder or God forbid a puppy mill them jump through these hoops! Of course I don't want too but look, if one of my applications was denied because my last vet that I used 8 years ago no longer has my info on file and cannot provide a reference, what choice do I have??

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jul '14

Customer stops me and says "I have a complaint".

I say, "I'm sorry, what can I do to help"?

Customer says "Last time I was in the store, I couldn't find product X. A manager found it and brought to me".

Me - silent, waiting for issue. Nope, that's the end of the story.

I say "So your complaint is that you could not find something in the store, a manager found it, and brought it directly to you"?

"Yes, that's right."

Okay..."I'm very sorry, I'll let management know so we can address this problem".

What problem are we addressing exactly? I'll admit our store has MANY fails, but I would have considered this situation a win.

Jul '14

@H-town Mama - that is really strange. You would think *they* would be the ones jumping through hoops to find good homes for their rescues. But I've heard other people say it is really a pain, too. Some adoption agencies have particular requirements too, for example: the adopter must have a fenced-in yard, which I think are kind of random. One doesn't have to have a fenced-in yard to provide a good home for a dog.

@Andrew's Mom - that is so ridiculous it's funny! Some people will complain about the sky being blue.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

@ Andrew's Mom - thanks for the laugh! I thought I had all the wacky customers out there, but that one is classic!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '14

A penny? Someone would really send out a bill for a penny? That's a 48 cent loss plus the cost of printing, ink, and paper. Then a call to Customer Service says my book keeper is not allowed to discuss the account for security purposes? And you tell them you've made a note to ask for full ID validation if they call again.

Now if you couldn't make the story any better, I call Customer Service. I am at least privileged enough to be able to discuss the account, yet I have to *come in* to your office to pay my penny?

And people wonder why big business is going out of business.

GC - you have got to let that bill for a penny go. Let it go to collections and watch them spend more $ chasing it down!

Sorry, but that is just too nuts!

Coralie Coralie
Jul '14

I have gotten bills for like .34 cents but never a penny. I sent the check out and they never cashed it then put me into collections! I then went there and paid the dam 34 cents. Granted the check could have been lost but really?

Christine Christine
Jul '14

Why do men (some), yes men ( never saw a woman do it) spit no matter where they are? Walking through an apt complex, 2 guys in front of me and one just spits a hunk, right on the walkway. No regard for who else is walking there. I had to side step it to continue walking. So GROSS! Does that make them feel "macho"? Makes them look stupid to me.

Jul '14

I try to keep my venting to a minimum... but boy, am I pissed that I'm stuck in the office on such an absolutely gorgeous day outside.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

Ianimal-you should have taken a walk on your lunch break. Maybe have some "aftetnoon delight" outside ;)

Jul '14

Certainly the perfect day for it... but not exactly something to undertake by yourself. It transforms a beautiful thing between two people in love to an act of depravity better left to the monkeyhouse, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

lol love it

skippy skippy
Jul '14

I had the choice to kill three Harley riders on Sunday or put my truck on the shoulder. On Rt. 519 they were trying to overtake 5 cars and a semi-truck (I was coming the opposite direction). I actually made the choice to put it on the shoulder as I briefly considered doing the world a favor as they all would have gone under the front bumper. One squeaked in line but not till he was next to my truck the other two couldn't make it and zipped by me in my lane. I am starting to get real sick of all the bikes coming out to the country roads and thinking it's free reign to do what they like.

younggen younggen
Jul '14

Definitely gross, bothered. I was walking into my house from the car this evening and saw a guy do it out the car window driving by. Disgusting.

Tracy Tracy
Jul '14

Iggy stole one of the puppies' new toys, ran upstairs, and has been squeaking it relentlessly for the past 1/2 hour.

There is a very tiny moth-like bug flying around in the kitchen, and Nora the cat is bouncing off the walls (literally) trying to catch it.

The stray cat is outside eating our cats' food on the deck, and we don't want to scare him away because he looks really hungry, so we're like waiting forever for him to finish to be able to go out and grill our dinner.

Animal House...

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

Re: A

Heaven help me they are figuring out the stairs.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

so cute!

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

now that is just adorable - an antivent

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

Trust me, they are breaking out of the puppy room - it's a vent! ;-P

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

A very good friend is leaving for Israel on Monday. I'm a nervous wreck and they are just like, la-la-la... I want to scream "Why are you going there now???"

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '14

Rebecka
how do i get my hands on one of those cutie pies?

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jul '14

PM me!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

This might be TMI but I'm so aggravated that I don't care at this point! My husband is a live-in maintenance guy at an apt complex in Lopatcong..we have only been here for a year. Anyway, the big boss told him that he wants him to move in and take on another maintenance position in Hackettstown within 3 weeks (not offical yet).

That is fine with me since I do miss Hackettstown and most of my friends live in the area, I don't know anyone where I live now.

My vent is that my husband told the big boss in front of another maintenance guy that I'm ready to move now and that I hate it here!!

This particular maintenance guy has a big mouth and loves to gossip, so I know he is going to tell the other guys what my husband said and they will most likely blame me for the move.

They are already pissed about it because my husband is a really good worker and they really like him.

In reality I have no say in the matter, we have to do what the boss wants us to do.

I just wish my husband would think a little before he opens his mouth..Grrrr!

positive positive
Jul '14

Had my second cataract done this morning and it's so scratchy I could scream - but I'd rather vent

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

Positive-we all know husbands dont think before speaking. Lol.
(Sorry guys)
I say dont worry about what those other guys think. Do what will make you guys happy. You will be closer and we can get together. :)

Jul '14

Thanks bbu! You made me feel better already! :)

positive positive
Jul '14

im sorry positive - men tend to think before speaking - I am guilty of this as well. Hope all works out

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

I have a feeling you are not like most men Skippy. You are a good guy and thanks for your support. :)

positive positive
Jul '14

Did your husband lie or have you told him that you hate it there and can't wait to move?

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Jul '14

Oh you are too funny and perceptive ian! Lol!

He knew that I did not like it here, but I made it a point to sit down with him the night before and I told him to not say anything to his boss and coworkers that I did not like it here. Basically not to bring me into the equation, but he did anyway! That is why I'm pretty pissed..loyalty and respect went right out the window or he is just a very poor listener. Lol!

Like I said it's not up to me or him..we have to go where his boss wants him.

I know from some of your previous posts that you are from this area, so I hope you are not offended that I do not care for it much. Most of my friends live in and near Hackettstown and I do not know anyone here.

positive positive
Jul '14

If you had that discussion with him and he made the remarks anyway, then shame on him. My initial feeling was that you may have automatically assumed that he should know that your feelings were secret.

Because I don't think that it's that men don't think before they speak. Most of us are just overly open and honest in every day life (especially with other men) and rarely keep secrets, whereas women are a lot more guarded in general and have a lot more practice at, well, lying. Men usually only lie out of self-preservation (usually to their wives) and, because they have so little practice, 9 times out of 10 they get busted, lol. Women lie so much that they are experts at it and we men never have a clue (-;

And no, I'm not offended that you don't particularly care for Lopatcong and the greater southern Warren County area in general. I understand that people are more comfortable being around those that they know and love; that's why I moved back even though I could have lived just about anywhere I wanted.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

This is not about lying - It's about thinking before you speak - and knowing what you say may cause problems -- I doubt anyone asked how Positive felt about moving to H-town

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

"thinking before you speak" is just a nice way of saying "telling the right lie", no? In a world of honesty, thinking before you speak isn't necessary, is it?

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

Deer has finished eating my sunflowers plants for this year!

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Jul '14

ian - one doesn't have to lie. There's also the option of keeping one's mouth shut and saying nothing. :-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

That's called a "lie of omission" (-;

Vent... I've got a 5-1/2 month old son, a daughter 5 months from being born and three cats at home... yet my wife thinks that this is somehow a good time to adopt a DOG?

Good thing I thought before I responded... if I told her the complete unfiltered truth of what I was thinking, her response may have been to file for divorce, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

maybe the dog will take care of the cat problem :)

Skippy Skippy
Jul '14

Wow ianimal. You waste no time. Lol. Dog around the babies, I would say NO! Think though before you tell her NO. ;)

Jul '14

No not a lie of omission unless he was directly asked how Positive feels about the move...how can you call something a lie if nothing was asked requiring an answer???

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

I go to the PO in Budd Lake to mail a box. I used masking tape to close up the box. PO worker tells me they cant send box with the masking tape on it, UNLESS I pay for priority delivery. Wtf! Why is it OK to deliver it with that tape on it, ONLY if I pay for priority cost? And to boot, she handed me their PO tape gun and told me to put it over the masking tape. Isnt that THEIR job? SMH!

Jul '14

I wasn't speaking about positive's specific situation, 5catmom... just addressing the generality of "men never think before they speak". Her husband was wrong, IMO, because she told him that her feelings were to be kept in confidence and he didn't respect her wishes.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '14

ianimal - your wife sounds like a go-getter! Maybe if you were to rescue an adult dog that would be less work and you wouldn't have to train him, it would be possible? There are so many couch-potato retired racing greyhounds out there. But a puppy would be insane I think at this point! Unless your wife really likes RedBull.

@skippy - ROFL "take care of the cat problem!"

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

probably becasue their tape is marked as Priority...Also No, it is not their job to tape packages.

Jul '14

Doesnt make sense to me. Pay extra and we will ship it. Pay lower cost and sorry, cant ship it with your tape. Oh and what I forgot to post was that I have never had issue at Hackettstown or Port Murray PO.

Jul '14

Well my husband realizes that he screwed up, so I forgive him for now until he screws up again! Lol! I think next time I will just stick a posted note on his forehead. Lol!

positive positive
Jul '14

I agree bbu...I think it should be their job to at least tape the package. I've never experienced that before.

positive positive
Jul '14

It makes a lot of sense. The tape that they have is for Priority mail, You cannot use that tape unless you are using Priority mail. You can buy regular tape at the Post Office, replace the masking tape and ship it at the non-priority rate or pay for Priority and use their tape.

As far as using masking tape the USPS site says:

Sealing
Tape the opening of your box and reinforce all seams with 2-inch-wide tape. Use clear or brown packaging tape, reinforced packing tape, or paper tape. Do not use cord, string, twine, masking or cellophane tape. Place a strip of clear packaging tape over your label to prevent the address from smearing.

Jul '14

Like I said, I never had an issue at other post offices.

positive-Post-it note is a great idea. Too funny.

botheredbyuu botheredbyuu
Jul '14

I will never loan money to family again... I loaned it out several months ago to two different people and haven't received back a cent from either. Now I'm in a position where I need it and they look at me like I have two heads and how dare I ask for it back... Make me just want to disown them... What's wrong with people... If you have no means to pay it back then don't borrow it....

Metsman Metsman
Aug '14

I can associate with your vent, Metsman...some pay back and some don't...I guess when we loan the money...we have to be very sure that there is this possibility that it won't ever get returned and we are not putting ourselves in a hole financially by lending them the money So... if its gone...its gone...What else can you do??

joyful joyful
Aug '14

I accepted a FB friend invite from a HS classmate this morning. I just unfriended her. I cannot believe that she and I graduated from the same school. Her post (that prompted the unfriend) was:

"I DO NOT want any of those darn EBOHLA patients here in my country this is my america and I don't want to get AIDS from them"

That's an exact copy of her status.

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '14

She sounds informed.... LMAO!

good grief - she needs to get a grip

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

emaxxman - I don't know, I think you must be extremely lucky that you know someone who OWNS a whole country. Let alone one as big as where we live. Maybe you should ask her how much it would cost for her to sell it back to us??? I'm, shall we say, "somewhat uncomfortable" with it's current ownership. ;-)

Yikes.

What Greg said!

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

See, GC, that's why you're a playa and I'm just a tag-along. It never occurred to me that she was the owner of a country. I should have ignored the statement and used her ownership status to get some freebies.

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '14

That's terrible, it looks like she may have already caught something that has caused a brain injury or at least affected her mental capabilities. ;)

Lynnada Lynnada
Aug '14

Emaxx you should keep her as a friend just to keep us laughing at her ridiculous posts!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Aug '14

Are you sure it was the Budd Lake PO and not Mt Olive- which is the one on 46. Budd Lake is on 206 and they are the nicest people ever working there:) Heck, the guy at BL will look for a box in the back instead of making a person buy one.

Blackcat Blackcat
Aug '14

JrzyGirl88 - I think you're onto something. She had a total of 4 status updates (1 about ebola and 3 about being hung over on a Monday) within a 5 minute span. I'm thinking I just killed the golden stupidity goose.

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '14

LOL it takes all kinds I guess..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Aug '14

more more...................

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

Blackcat-receipt says Budd Lake and it was the one on Rt 46. Been there before and its always the same "lady". Never seen anyone else there.

Aug '14

It's 2pm by the time I get the puppy room cleaned, the pups fed, the big dogs walked and fed, the chickens taken care of, and all the cat boxes done. And I'm like ready for a nap.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

Ok, here I go again with the PO. Ordered something in the mail, went to PMurray PO and they didnt have it. Said its probably on the truck and will be delivered that day. Nothing came. Should have been put on my front stoop. I go out the next day and see that the postman/woman left the box wedged between my mailbox and the neighbors. Our mailboxes are across the street from our homes, right on Rt 57. Luckily no one stole it. How stupid!! When I asked about it, I was told "go well, deal with it".
Then, went away for 10 days and filled out a "hold the mail" form and handed it to the postal worker. Guess what. They delivered my mail EVERYDAY and it was so stuffed that my neighbor brought it up to the house and left it on my stoop, in a plastic bag.
I don't get why the postal system in this area is so incompetent.

Aug '14

OMG- what a mess. Started using pods for laundry about a month ago. One pod must have split or got a whole in it. Anyone who uses them knows what happened next. I lost about 6, was able to save the rest in plastic baby food containers. What a gooey sloppy slimey mess. Stupid crap. I'm going back to liquid.

auntiel auntiel
Aug '14

auntiel- You will save lots of money going back to liquid too

Nosila Nosila
Aug '14

HHHmmm...perhaps the one on 206 is the "Flanders" one.
What the heck happened to summer? Same thing as last year, end of July it cooled down quite a bit and never really got hot again. My little guy was dying to go to the pool today but even he said it was way too cold out:( Glad we went to Fla last week for some nice sweaty heat:)

blackcat blackcat
Aug '14

Exactly right blackcat. 206 IS Flanders, 46 IS Budd Lake.

Aug '14

Possibly the stupidest vent ever?: I can't think of the name of the other "method" to eating corn on the cob -- there is the "typewriter" method where you eat across, but what is the name of the one where you go around and around? Anyone?

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

hmmm http://blogs.ams.org/mathgradblog/2012/12/23/howdoyoueatyourcorn/#sthash.uHwZXDAX.dpbs
doubt this will help, Rebecka

5catmom 5catmom
Aug '14

"Rotary"

The "Rotator"... Saw it listed on a cartoon.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Aug '14

Thank you for putting an end to that silly question I was racking my brain about! :-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

Wow, I'm 50ish (lol) and never heard of "rotary" way of eating corn. Maybe because I'm not a fan of corn.

Aug '14

Why do people think if they put a pile of sticks in the road they will magically disappear!!

Molly
Aug '14

I never heard of that term either, botheredbyuu2 and I was raised on a farm. But then, I never heard of the typewriter method either. We just ate the corn and never said how we were eating it... We do use cornholders that stick in each end of the ear of corn .however, especially if the corn if piping hot.

joyful joyful
Aug '14

Must be me? Dont think so. Emailed a CC company with a very simple, straightforward question. I get an answer that had absolutely nothing to do with my question. Then I email a realtor about a property. Again, simple question and again I get an answer that did not address my question. SMH! Boing!

Aug '14

I don't like paying for oranges and then cutting one open and is half dried!

Aug '14

Dont trust Dr.'s. They say you have to spend the night in the s
hospital they always find a reason to keep you longer. UGG

Christine Christine
Aug '14

SO true Christine! Hope all is well.

Aug '14

Hope you're feeling better Christine. After reading your post on the family in need thread i was starting to worry about you ;~)

snoopy snoopy
Aug '14

BBY and Snoopy. Doing ok. Another bump in the road.

Christine Christine
Aug '14

This guy is resposible for everything that happened in this country....

Aug '14

OMG browneyesguy, too funny. So true. Thanks for including the other one. Current one seems to get all the blame. He inherited a lot.

Aug '14

Yup! Now add a few more features from a few more Presidents and you've got it down to the last detail!

Aug '14

Wow, that is a scary and amazing compilation of the two faces!

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

It's that kind of day...

OMG ROFL Bonv.

My vent: I wish I were one of those really organized women who had Everything Under Control. Not happening in this lifetime. I seem to live in happy chaos.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

I am so sick of packing! Seriously it never ends. What makes it worse is I know I am going to have unpack the new house!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Aug '14

10:00 in the morning on a Tuesdsy and the traffic is unbelievable! Doesn't anyone work ?

Mariann Mariann
Aug '14

I would think this is a popular week for vacations. Savor the last week of summer with your kids before school starts.

Today a morning show screwed up the town of my birth as East Stryidsburg, and poor Willard Scott had to attempt to pronounce that.

School buses are out and about " practicing and timing" their routes. Not a vent exactly, just a fact...traffic will be a bit more challenging these days.

Aug '14

I'm not so sure people went away at all this summer. I honestly don't feel like the traffic on 80 ever really eased in any significant way all summer.

My vent is the same for the past almost three months. The person next to me at work is the most annoying, inconsiderate person in all the land. She does nothing but eat crunchy snacks and chew ice cubes all.day.long. And listens to loud music blaring out of her headphones. It drives me absolutely crazy, and no, I can't move my seat, drown her out, or ask her to stop.

Aug '14

Sounds like you need a pair of your own headphones, Tracy! Oi. Who crunches ice cubes... at work no less?!

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '14

Tracy, "volunteer her" for the ALS challenge, if you know what I mean (-;

ianimal ianimal
Aug '14

Mommyof3-you are lucky you are moving to a new house. Wish it was me. Im working on it, but will take a while. Good luck to you. Are you leaving Jersey?

Aug '14

Sometimes there is posts you stay far far away from.... the Missouri post is one of them!

Darrin Darrin
Aug '14

This might give you some insight as to why your co~worker chews ice.

A desire to chew ice is a sign that you may have an iron deficiency and that you could be anemic. This type of abnormal craving for non-food items is called pica. “Ice eating is the most common, but eating starch, paper or clay are also common forms of pica and patients will not usually volunteer this type of behavior,” said Dr. Jerry Spivak, a hematologist and Professor of Medicine and Oncology at the Johns Hopkins University.

Why this craving emerges in iron deficient people is not known. If you recognize a desire to eat these items, or any non-traditional foods, be sure to talk with your doctor about your cravings and habits.

tidy
Aug '14

tracy - i feel your pain - we have a guy in our office who likes to trim his fingers nails in the office. Clip, clip clip clip....Clip, clip clip clip......

one day ( i fear) - I'm going to find his feet up on his desk as he decides to clip his toe nails....

yeech.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Aug '14

My vent is I just started posting things for sale on one of those facebook yard sale sites, and people don't read or pay attention to how the sites work or read the listings!! I post pictures, all information on price, location etc and I get people asking me multiple times the same questions that are right in front of their faces!! Then they tell you they are interested but don't get back to you, so you have to wait before you can offer it to the next person in line. Ugh

Sunshine Sunshine
Aug '14

botheredbyuu2 - Yes we are leaving NJ!! We are moving to the burbs of Charleston, SC!!!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Aug '14

Here is another vent - I am sick of dealing with the detours in College View due to paving from water main work. Reason I am sick of it is people cutting through on my street. There is this a-hole (young college girl) who flies down our street. Not even kidding she has to be going 50 plus miles and hour and she flies around the corner of my street like nothing. We have caught her several times and we tell the jerk to slow down. Of course she gives us the finger after that. I am seriously wanting a HTPD to come sit right in front of my house to catch this jerk

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Aug '14

Thats GREAT! Best of luck to you!

Aug '14

Thanks botheredbyuu2! It's kinda of scary but exciting at the same time. I have never lived outside of Northern NJ! I have feeling I am going to up for xmas and my kids will be talking with southern accent saying "Y'all"

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Aug '14

Mommyof3 I love a Southern accent and folks who say "Y'all". Best of luck to you and your family in this new chapter in your life!

Chickadee Chickadee
Aug '14

This is more a lol for me than a vent. Ordered an Ice Coffee from Dunkin Donuts this morning. Was in a hurry to get to work, so I didn't notice until I got to work that there was no ICE in my ICE COFFEE. How can you forget to put ICE in an ICE COFFEE? So I put ice from work in it

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '14

I ordered an iced tea and took a sip as I drove away and it was ice coffee. YUCK! Wanted to throw up. Went right back to drive-up window to get the correct item. Got my iced tea, with NO ice. Warm as hell. Like you Clyde, I put ice in it when I got to work. I was the only one there. No one inside either, so how do you screw it up? Aggrevating!

Aug '14

I like that Clyde sees this incident as an LOL, that is life kind of thing. Bothered must just be a high strung, the world is against me type of person.

seenit
Aug '14

OMG seenit, you are soooooooooo wrong about me. I was just stating what happened to me, like Clyde did.

Aug '14

No ice!? Wow! I have had them forget to put sugar in it, even stopped at the parkway rest stop once to get sugar to put in my iced coffee. Couldn't drink it with out it. Learned my lesson and I test it before I leave now. :) I didn't read botheredbyuu2's vent as him being high strung, in my opinion he was just venting like the rest of us................

Sunshine Sunshine
Aug '14

Thanks Sunshine. I now taste it before I drive away.

Aug '14

“Blaming others is an act of refusing to take responsibility. When a person can’t accept the fact or the reality, they blamed another person or the situation instead of taking accountability.”
― Dee Dee Artner

trekster3- trekster3-
Sep '14

My ADD means I routinely come out of a store and look at the parking lot with a blank stare.

NO clue as to where I parked.

It does help to a sense of humor with this condition. Otherwise I'd probably be walking around really annoyed all the time!

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Ok, this may come off as sounding a bit petty, but it really got to me.

An acquaintance of mine (I do not consider her a friend), called me yesterday and invited me to come over tonight for snacks and a movie. I say to myself "she is going to have snacks, I need to bring something." I went ahead and made homemade brownies to bring over. I go there and not a morsel in sight, but she did offer a bottle of water.

She never unwrapped the brownies to share while I was there and this is not the first time this has happened.

Maybe it's just me, since I grew up with Italians and I'm married to an Italian.. I'm accustomed to being very generous with food. Whenever I invite someone over, I make sure that I have plenty of food to offer them.

I just find it disrespectful and kind of greedy on her part.

positive positive
Sep '14

Positive - the same goes for the Polish too. Whenever we went to visit my Grandmother, food just started appearing no matter what time of the day or night we arrived. It wasn't expected that the guest would be bringing their own food, but that a guest was an honor to the house and that the guest should be honored with whatever the house had available!

Phil D. Phil D.
Sep '14

Positive-hope you at least got to see a movie. Lol

Sep '14

bbu- I did see the movie, but she had the volume so low I could barely hear it! Lol

positive positive
Sep '14

Lol. Next time tell her you are busy. Had an aunt growing up that would do that. Invite us all over and have 3 crackers and 1 can of soda. ( that's more then you got, lol). Got to wonder what they are thinking.

Sep '14

Wow that's crazy! Believe me I tried many times to avoid her, but than she gets even more persistent..almost obsessive about it. What makes it even more complicated is that she is very connected to my DH's boss!

I don't want to get into too much detail, since you never know who is reading this forum.

positive positive
Sep '14

im sorry positive = you need to get new "acquaintances" I would have fed ya!

Skippy Skippy
Sep '14

Thanks Skippy! Lol

positive positive
Sep '14

so mad A&E cancelled Longmire!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '14

Poor dog has kennel cough.

My funny vent for the day....

Grabbed the dogs after work and went up to The Field of Dreams. I'm thinking after a nice long walk, they should be fairly calm so I decide to get a coffee at the drive thru. I have 2 very high strung Terriers that think the only reason people are out is to see them:) therefore this would be a risky move if they haven't released some of that energy.

We pull up to the window and the girl starts saying how cute they are. The problem is she is using this extremely loud, high pitched almost squealing type of voice lol! That was the moment I realized this may not have been a good idea after all :)Seriously it was all I could do to hold them back! They damn near jumped out of the car and into the window to get to the girl!! That would have been interesting....HaHa!

Having to bite my tongue - the strong desire to hold people accountable for their own actions (or lack thereof) is sometimes hard to combat....

trekster3- trekster3-
Sep '14

JRT - that is pretty hysterical! I'm getting a good visual here. Never imagined that going through a drive through with my dogs would be risky... but then, I've never had a JRT! I truly don't know how you do it lol.

Greg - oh no! Hoping your dog is on the mend soon.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

I find it ridiculous that the HHS bus to great meadows leaves at 2:33 when school lets out at 2:29 !!
My son has missed the bus twice already ... His locker is one if the farthest points from the doors. Called the bus company Monday and they still left him today

Missrx Missrx
Sep '14

Don't they have a buddy system (or something else) so they don't forget someone? What happens when a student is asked to stay after class a few minutes?

Christine Christine
Sep '14

Then they have to get picked up. Bus isnt going to wait for 1 kid because they have to stay after. Buddy system? Never heard of that at high schools.

Sep '14

What was the bus companies response when you called them?

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '14

I don't know about a buddy system. But my son isn't staying after he's just trying to get from his locker to the bus and 4 minutes isn't cutting it

Missrx Missrx
Sep '14

The woman on the phone said she would tell the bus driver but like I said she left again today !

Missrx Missrx
Sep '14

Your paying for that ride. Raise hell. The school clocks could be off a minute or the drivers watch. Your paying the bill through your taxes in GM. Call the head of transportation there. Calling the bus co. is a waste of time. They don't care!! Unless the complaint comes from the head of transportation of GM.

auntiel auntiel
Sep '14

All of the kids are being pushed out the front door. They are not allowed to use other exits. Hence there is no way the kids can all get through the "A" hall. I would call the school and complain. The buses have always left at the same time. You could set your watch by watching the buses pull out.

Nancy Nancy
Sep '14

Rebecka, Not sure how I do it some days either.... Trust me they were not "MY" choice lol! but I've grown to love them even if they are a PITA :)

I agree BBY2 they can't hold up the bus for 1 student. How do all of the others manage to get to the bus on time? Certainly he cannot be the only one with a locker in that location, right?

Yeah I think the buddy system went out after oh, let's say.... maybe kindergarten? lol!

Just a thought, but maybe your son could hit his locker before his last period........????

littlelu littlelu
Sep '14

Littleu, the kids are not allowed to carry their backpacks to class - they must remain in their locker until they leave for the day.

Justintime Justintime
Sep '14

Littlelu-great idea.

Sep '14

Exactly justintime

Missrx Missrx
Sep '14

Not being allowed to carry a backpack throughout the school day seems a bit excessive. It's almost like they're telling students to be late to class because they have to go to their locker frequently.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Sep '14

no backpacks in class is another non-senscial rule.

why would they keep making these kinds of rules?

are briefcases allowed? can girls bring purses to class?

holy smokes, what have we become?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

Page 43 of HHS Agenda book clearly states:

All overcoats, such as raincoats, winter parkas, etc., and
backpacks must be removed and placed in lockers upon arrival.

From what I can remember, backpacks were not allowed in the classroom because they were considered to be a "trip hazard".

Nancy Nancy
Sep '14

Then I guess his little butt will have to move a little faster. Stop talking to friends on the way out to the bus. My son missed the bus a few times because he stopped to talk to friends. Luckily he grab a ride with a kid with a car.

Sep '14

BBY - I'm asking the moderators to limit the time you are allowed to type a post - 10 seconds. If your responses don't get through because you're not fast enough then too bad, right?

It seems to me that if the school has changed procedures, and those procedures lengthen the time it takes to get out of the building, then either the procedures change or the bus schedule does. You can't have it both ways.

justintime justintime
Sep '14

What about asking to have his locker relocated to the front of the school......maybe he can switch with a walking student????

littlelu littlelu
Sep '14

He doesn't stop to talk BBY but thanks for the tip. He is actually the only freshman on the bus going home right now due to sports and his bus is the first one that leaves. The vice principal saw him and said they would open the side doors so kids don't all have to go out one door. We will see today

Missrx Missrx
Sep '14

Hope it works out Missrx. Remember, they dont always tell the truth.

Sep '14

So, I wish people would ask themselves this question before posting here and other places. 'What purpose would it serve?' --- it gets me to think a little more before I hit 'submit comment'.......

trekster3- trekster3-
Sep '14

For the clown living on Arthur Terrace who stood on his front steps smoking a cigarette while allowing his dog to roam all over the neighbor's lawns across the street at 530 AM who was then annoyed with me when the dog darted back across the street from in front of a parked car out of my view causing me to stop abruptly.
As I yelled at the top of my lungs then, after YOU yelled for me to "stop you're going to run him over", KEEP YOUR DOG ON YOUR PROPERTY AND ON A LEASH !!!!

Maybe the clown should be put on a leash?

embryodad embryodad
Sep '14

Some of HLers should be.

Sep '14

There is an epic animal mess in the kitchen which I cannot even begin to imagine how it was produced or who is responsible. Like, a team of forensic pros would have a hard time kind of mess, involving paper towels, wet cat food, and what was previously a bouquet of flowers.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Darrin-I complain about that all the time. On the weekend, 7am is too early. I have a neighbor who mows his lawn sometimes that early. Ignorant and inconsiderate.

Sep '14

woken up at 7am saturday by Dallas contractors running the excavator and rock truck at bergen tool loading huge pieces of the old foundation, and not trying to be quiet about it at all

I would like to know where these people live so I can mow the law at 7am and see how they like it

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

+1 bothered

We have dealt with it all week at 7am, doesn't bother me because I am usually out the door by 7am, my wife sleeps till 9 or so, but she says she has gotten used to it.

After a week of working 10 hour days, and to be woken up at 7am on a day I usually sleep in a little......yes ridiculous.

I know there is really no noise ordinance law, because MOST of the neighbors are considerate. But maybe one should be made for commercial work?

The worse part is they were done at 9am......they left.......so why was it so important to start working at 7am if there was not a whole days work?

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

What's a good time for you BBY? Even though I don't live near you I want to make sure my actions fall in line with your expectations ;-)

7am IMO is a bit early, but my rule is if it's daylight then the day starts.

justintime justintime
Sep '14

jit...it's fine if your day starts when it is daylight, but it's not up to you to decide when everyone else's day starts.

I would say 9 am on a weekend is acceptable

7am is fine during the week, although i think it should be 8

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

+1000 Darrin. Im sure we are not the only ones that feel this way. Obviously JIT is one of "those" that doesnt care about others. JIT, some people get up for work at 4am and work 12 hr days. So how about a little consideration on the weekends. SMH!

Sep '14

9am?! So much of the day is gone by 9am!

Glad I live in an area where neighbors are far away. ;)

Not saying do nothing till 9AM, I am saying do not make the decision to wake your neighbors at 9am. There is plenty that can be done that doesn't involve mowing your lawn, tuning the carb on your Harley, or running a massive excavator and rock truck......it's called consideration

the equivalent would be if your neighbor mowed his lawn at 7am then went in and watched the tv until 10.....what was the point

Darrin Darrin
Sep '14

Maybe they wanted to get done before the rain starts... just a thought...

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '14

Here is my vent - always going with your gut instinct! This entire process of these people buying my house has been nightmare!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Sep '14

momo3, I've heard that a lot lately from people selling their house. They all say the same thing, it's a miserable experience. Nowadays selling is worse than buying. And buying is no picnic either. Wouldn't it be nice if you could just say ""cut me a check, I'm outta here". To bad it didn't work that way. Good luck.

auntiel auntiel
Sep '14

"9am?! So much of the day is gone by 9am! "

I agree- Some people don't get out of bed until 11 so am I supposed to wait until then. Some cops don't get off work until 6am and sleep until 2-3pm should i wait for then? oh wait isn't that about the time kids take naps....maybe i should wait until like 5....oh wait families are trying to eat dinner....

Nosila Nosila
Sep '14

Well it's a buyers market. Friends down in Virginia (very near DC) sold their 3 bedroom for a 5 bedroom down the road. He works at home and they have 2 kids so they really need 5 bedrooms. Anyway, their former house was a wreck. They had to remove all of the junk (toys, etc.) and paint the entire inside of the house before listing it. Doing this they had no problems.

It's a buyers market...

Either buying or selling, I have experienced that you can't prepare for the speed bumps in the process and just have to roll with the punches. But speed bumps there will be and in selling you need to be sure you know your point-of-no-return to be able to just say no.

Sep '14

Its called "consideration"

Sep '14

I keep saying that it's a buyer's market and my realtor says no it's a seller's market. These people have not held up to their end on anything.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Sep '14

Probably 90% of realtors are just shady salespeople...

iJay, I agree 100%!!

I am so tired of repairing/replacing tires!!! I have run over at least 4 nails in the past couple of months.

I wasn't talking about my realtor when I said these people did not hold up to their end of anything. I was referring the people that are supposed to buy my house. I can't blame my realtor (there's yes but not mine) for the BS the buyer's cause.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Sep '14

Just sayin' ----

trekster3- trekster3-
Sep '14

What does the "seller" realtor do other than list and put a lockbox on the door?
And those open houses are really just for the realtor to drum up new business...

FYI, you can MLS your house on your own and then pay the buyer agent something like 2.5% (just be prepared to have someone home a lot to show)...

Being blessed by an awful Brit supermarket chain makes you a foodie expert with an elevated sense of self-worth? So you think you trash NJ made German food? No clue. You're like a Walmart sommelier, they don't even sell wine let alone have class can comment on the subject. You'd be lucky to be undercooked White Castle food poisoning puke. Lost you at the second word. Complete pretentious self indulgent British bravado trash. Even dogs would throw up your rouladen if you even know what it is. Give it up. And if you ever commented, I'd tell you what you *really* are.

Did someone give BFI a bad review or something? I've never seen GC this worked up, lol. He's not even ranting in coherent sentences, he's in such a lather.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Sep '14

iPhone-imal - The English ka-nigget was so bold as to claim he could review an NJ German grandmother's food because he was "Sainsbury cook of the year" some 20 years or more ago. WTF, trash Rouladen?? There is no more magnificent food on the planet than beef slices cooked in pickle and wrapped around bacon. What complete imbecile doesn't know bacon cures everything? Answer is simple, a Brit piece of crap. The equivalent of a McDonalds "masterchef" with a 2 ton ego. I've got some tater-tot cuisine that would overwhelm that guy. Be careful what you ask me, I might tell you what I really mean. ;-)

OMG GC, you made me spill out my drink. You owe me a vodka and club. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

I hate my ex... she has put me and my kids through so much BS. I hope she gets the ebola virus....

Metsman Metsman
Sep '14

OMG Metsman, now you owe me a drink. ;-)

I really hope this all works out for you. I know you've been having such a hard time with her for quite awhile.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

GC said "WTF"????? What is the world coming to? Lock your doors!

I would never spit out my drink. No matter how funny something is! Well I would spit out tequila, but I wouldn't be drinking that in the first place.

Wow GC, such strong language! I have no idea what you are talking about but man, you're ticked!

My vent, again, is if I've cared enough to send an invitation, please care enough to R.S.V.P.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Sep '14

Calico696, I have custody of my son, but I worry about my daughter being in her custody. She's divorcing her husband and cheated on him like she did on me. She's just a bad person.

Metsman Metsman
Sep '14

Calico696 - I'll get you a vodka and club when you get me Weißwurst, Schweinshaxe und rote Apfelkraut. I'll reward you with Franziskanner Weißbrau on tap if I get authentic Rouladen at Black Forest Inn. Not that I've ever had any of those things before. Or am even the slightest bit Bavarian. ;-)

GC needs a drink! LOL...Love ya man!

Christine Christine
Sep '14

How are you rocking the esszet? Unicode or copy/paste from MS Word?

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Sep '14

Needs one ? He sounds plastered already.

jerseycash5
Sep '14

maja - Rouladen is the second most incredible food ever only beat by Sicilian rolled veal topped with bacon as the world's best recipe ever. Trashing it means you have no brain. But a Brit inflated by a moronic supermarket award is like saying you've won the Jeopardy Tournament of Champions when you just helped your kindergartener with their homework and gotten half the questions correct. Mental midgets aren't exactly challenged by fast food swill.

maja - I spilled it, didn't spit it. ;-)

GC - I'm familiar with all of those foods. My high school sweetheart was 100% German, who had a grandmother named Bertha. Man could she drink, even into her 90s. She was about 5'2" and about 180 but not really fat. Built like a brick sh*t house. Tough as nails. He actually had pieces of the HIndenburg in his attic. His grandfather was basically standing underneath it when it blew up.

Ironically enough, Horatio's grandfather was a NJ State Trooper at that time and was majorly involved in the investigation. Small world.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

iPhone-imal - Neither. ß is in my veins. Prick me and I bleed shoefly pie and German specific characters. ;-)

jerseycash5 - You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Just like I can't understand selling the Rolls as well as the Jag and the Aston Martin. ;-)

Christine - Back at you. Although I'll make you kielbasa or fritatas anytime, I'll pass on the cocktails. Need it? Oh you bet. But I'll still pass on the popcorn for the same reason we both should.

maja - Give me a chance. Your drink will be a projectile on the wall. Seriously. ;-)

Calico, spilled it, spit it, all tragic :)

GC, I never heard of most of that, but it sounds good. And I'm Irish. Understand perfectly about the Brit thing lol!

Calico696 - "I spilled it, didn't spit it. ;-)"

I sincerely apologize. I hoped my humor was better than that. You should have spewed it across three rooms as least. Only "spilling" is a complete failure as far as I'm concerned. A dry eye is one thing, but a dry piece of furniture can't be explained. I just hope I have the opportunity to make up for my complete banality. Smack me, flail me, make me write bad checks. Really, I've let you down. ;-)

maja - Live with the Brits for a couple of years and you have a whole world of *misunderstaning* others don't get. Now there's a vent. ;-)

well everyone knows that some food isn't even interesting until it's wrapped up with bacon.

bacon fixes everything, right? what do the brits know about food anyways? beans and toast, meat pies, i mean really? what's up with that?

thanks for the follow up posts as my GC-to-english dictionary is missing a few pages . . .

i think calico is right, have the drink, sounds like you earned it today

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

I posted about the found hunting dogs over on the nj hunting forum, and decided to take a look around. Well... if you think HL is bad when it comes to arguing and insults, I tell ya that place makes us look like ANGELS -- every last one of us. Holy cow! The back biting! You basically have to post and then DUCK because everything *anyone* says is pulled apart. It's like you're throwing your words to hungry, angry dogs. Apparently that's fine with them, but wow, it makes my head spin! Glad I have a thick skin and am not afraid of big guys in camo. ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Sometimes you have to just shake your head, bite your tongue, wonder WHY and just carry on. Have a GREAT weekend everyone.

Sep '14

My vent is how 8,9& 10 year old little girls act towards one another and the fact that many parents don't have that conversation with their children about making sure their child is not being the bully along with the " what to do if you are being bullied" one. I just found out from my daughter last night that last year for a good portion of the school year she was made to feel like an outcast by the other girls. She told me that when she would go sit down at the lunch table the girls would get up and move away from her or slide down and turn their backs. I always made sure I told my kids to be nice& treat people the way they would want to be treated& check in with them every so often to ask if they were nice to kids at school.
That's my vent.. So far this school year is going well in the friends dept

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Sep '14

It's no wonder little girls are so mean to each other, you only have to look at the examples being set by the adults. Thanks for bringing up a good point, The Golden Rule, if only it were practiced more.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '14

Really upset. One of the puppies who went to his forever home 3 weeks ago (Kenji) started seizing at 3am and is still having on and off seizures tonight. He now has fluid in his lungs and a low oxygen level, and is critical condition. Most likely due to something he got into and ate (possibly gum containing Xylitol). Say a little prayer for a puppy in rough shape tonight, please?

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Poor little pup. I hope he will be okay.

Sending puppy prayers....best wishes to Kenji.

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
Sep '14

My thoughts are with the puppy.

happiest girl
Sep '14

Poor puppy, hope he's ok

Bessie Bessie
Sep '14

Oh, poor baby. Hope he is ok!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

best wishes for the pup ---very worrisome - sorry to hear

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Oh my. I hope he will be fine.

Kenji is in my morning prayers that he will soon be OK...

joyful joyful
Sep '14

H town mama ....those little girls become 40 something year old women who act the same way !!! Lol

Missrx Missrx
Sep '14

I'm so sorry to hear about Kenji. . I will be praying for him. I watched online from day one and feel like an auntie twice removed. Please keep us updated.

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Sep '14

Praying

Skippy Skippy
Sep '14

Oh no! Praying for little Kenji. Please keep us updated Rebecka!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Sep '14

Thank you so much for the prayers. Just got a brief text from Kenji's family: "No seizures all night! First good news we've had. He's still on 2 anti seizure meds but we're hopeful."
So he's hanging in there!

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

thanks for the update, Rebecka - sounds good....

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

When will the madness end?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/09/salary_raises_up_to_40g_and_retro_payouts_up_to_68g_for_bayonne_teachers_under_new_contract.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Great news Rebecka, I'm praying for a full recovery. He's a strong boy!

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Sep '14

Kenji's lungs are now clear, and he may be allowed to go home tonight! Let's keep our paws crossed.

On a completely unrelated note....

DH told me on Tuesday that a "huge effin spider" jumped FROM the mailbox into his car. I was like, no, there is no way a "huge effin spider" jumped INTO your car from the mailbox. It fell on the ground or something.

I just went to get in his car to move it. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Burn it with the fire of a thousand suns!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Sep '14

Holy cow Rebecka! Get the vacuum going pronto. LOL

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Sep '14

Both of those solutions would mean I would have to open the car door again! No, no, no I am not going anywhere near that car. It was going to move it so I could mow the lawn nearby but I've decided the lawn looks just fabulous exactly how it is.

The car will not be touched until DH gets home. I am not going to be the one to get eaten by H.F.S.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

OMG @ Rebecka - slap a For Sale sign on that baby and get rid of it now...

Bonv25 Bonv25
Sep '14

Are you sure it's a spider and not a body snatcher? Keep an eye on the DH Rebecka.

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '14

Home Depot trip.

Anyone ever use a fogger in a car?

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Maybe a praying mantis could help you out?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Sep '14

Kill that spider so dead you have to bury it twice! Ewwww!!!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Sep '14

Let Charlotte live. There's enough toxicity in the world already. ;-)

yup I agree GC - it will do more good than harm ----now about the little bees that seem to be nesting under my siding - and those getting in from ???? - fortunately they are either deceased or on the way when I find them in the house --- hope they aren't the pollinators we need to save...... I'm starting to think I need Fluffy the bat to return

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

We have a hero this morning. We had put traps and sticky pads all over the car, but caught nothing except a tiny fly. But our friend and neighbor just came over to see what he could do, and somehow found the spider and removed it. Yay! We don't have to sell the car!

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

yay - another wildlife rescue and release

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Very zen.

happiest girl
Sep '14

Rebecka -

Glad you are rid of the "killer" spider.

How is Kenji doing?

Sep '14

Is that why you had the ad here in the classifieds - your other car had an unfound spider?

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

5cm - the cat's out of the bag! lol On that note, here's a vent: someone please by my darn car! It's really nice. Or just make my day and take it for a test drive.

Kenji's doing much better, Andrew's Mom. He's home, but they are keeping him on two anti-seizure medicines, so we're not really sure what's going to happen when they take him off the meds. We are awaiting toxicology results from all his tests. He may have gotten into something that caused the seizures, that's the thinking.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

did it look like this??

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Chocolates?

Skippy Skippy
Sep '14

@Skippy - probably something like sugar-free gum or candy containing Xylitol.

@5cm - yup, that was the species.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Mansfield police blotter has that "huffing " female (I wont post her name even though its public knowledge) getting picked up 2 times on Sept 26. At 12 noon and 630pm-ish. Clean?, don't think so.

PLEASE GET HER HELP. If she won't go, then lock her up. Im so confused as to why they let her go everytime. She is breaking the law.

Sep '14

my vent for the day:

thread poisoners

i don't like posts that seem to have only one intention, and that is to 'poison' a discussion or a thread,

stop it already, just say no to yourself, show a little restraint.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

Agreed +1

Skippy Skippy
Sep '14

"thread poisoners"

Awesome new term!

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

well said, BrotherDog

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

I think I am now the owner of having the most posts just before the phrase "This topic is unavailable for comments." Most often they are the most innocuous of posts.

It's good to be the best at something :>)

Sep '14

BD-if she hit and injured or killed a family member of yours while on a huffing high, you would want her off the street too. Whether rehab or jail. No "poisoning " going on here. Just concern for her and everyone else.

Sep '14

Why do you assume he was speaking about you and your post in THIS thread, botheredbyu? This is the "venting" thread... it's pretty hard to poison a thread that is designed simply to be a place for everyone to "get the poison out of your system" (-;

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

I thought the same thing ianimal.

bothered - I don't want to speak for BD, but I don't think his comment was directed at you. I think it was just a general statement. Carry on.....

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

bby2 - was speaking more generically, not meaning you specifically, and certainly not the thread you mentioned. in that thread i haven't seen any "thread poisoners" , even though the back and forth is rather blunt, but from this dog's perspective nothing there is intended to be ruinious of the valid discussion regarding public interest and personal privacy. believe me, if i'm stumbling down the middle of main street falling down drunk, i should have no expectation of keeping my privacy, correct?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

Wait, it wasn't about me?????

But Mom told me that the universe was centered on my belly button :>)

Sep '14

yeah I like you both BBU2 and BD - I wouldn't take it personally.

Skippy Skippy
Sep '14

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this post is about you
Don't you? Don't You?

darwin darwin
Sep '14

Lol ianimal .....intentional howard stern reference ?? :)

Missrx Missrx
Sep '14

Every chance I get (-;

ianimal ianimal
Sep '14

bababoey

Skippy Skippy
Sep '14

Perfect darwin!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

@BrotherDog, I think I know what prompted your post. You saved me a vent on the same thing!

OK, I just scored another "This topic is unavailable for comments." It was a terrible post, oh the humanity of it all.

Now I think I just scored a new one-day record.

Maybe they are just so perfect no comment would do them justice? "Yeah, that's the ticket."

Sep '14

winning MG lol

Skippy Skippy
Sep '14

i still think those 2 should just start their own thread and go at it.

darwin darwin
Sep '14

Sorry, I just assumed you were referring to my post because #1 the thread about the girl was deleted, so I went here with it (thought some would frown on that) and #2 my post was the last one before BD posted. You know what they say about ASSUMING. Lol!

Sep '14

Wow...reading comprehension is definitely not a strength for some people. I just got my first "hate" mail from someone who apparently can't read:

"I hope that God judges you for your heartless ways...there will be a
special place in Hell for all liars and the un just thank God for
that...this is for calling someone a vigilantly for seeking justice...you
s**k c**k scumbag"

You can figure out what the censored words are. Here's my post (from 2013!) that apparently got them so angry.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/530034#t530149

Reading is obviously not fundamental. Sad.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '14

Man, that beats my end-of-thread achievement. I believe you deserve the gold medal.

Oct '14

Oh emaxx, you and your heartless ways. :-P

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Wow! Wouldnt want to be you. Some people just need to chill. Psycho!

Oct '14

What is TBT? I'm not on twitter but people are posting old photos on FB with #TBT and I don't know why?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

TBT = Throw back Thursday. You're supposed to post retro picks on Thursdays.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Oh God. I think I burned all my old photos. I mean, we all know what every girl's hair looked like in the 80's right?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

I am giving up on cleaning my floors. Did them yesterday and now i cant walk. Sciatica pain is horrible. if its not one thing its another. UGG!

Christine Christine
Oct '14

Not to worry Christine; I find that my loss of vision complements my lack of cleaning :>)

Oct '14

People who think they're the "Forum Police"
LOL

happiest girl
Oct '14

It took almost 3 months of dealing with our buyers to finally close on our house today! Holy crap that was a painful process!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Oct '14

@emaxxman..someone is actually sending you hate mail over a post from over a year ago. Who sends hate mail anyway??? Sometimes you really have to wonder about people. On another note, I don't think God is going to think that person is a very good Christian with that potty mouth.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '14

Earlier I took out several packages of cream cheese and put them on the counter. I'm making a cheesecake later and wanted to bring them to room temperature. And about 30 seconds ago, out of the corner of my eye, I see the puppy run past with something kind of silvery metallic in her mouth...

A little counter surfer we have here, apparently.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Bessie - what kind of person sends hate mail to a feline??

Oh...wow..it was entertaining to say the least reading that old thread..Hate mail just cracks me up. For those that send it I would caution you as it can be a simple matter to finding out where it came from.

I do know who autumnwind is ( maybe she thinks I don't ?) the email that emaxxman got, her comments and my previous contact in person with her makes me think they are one in the same. Who knows, who cares?

Firefly Firefly
Oct '14

I keep watching these #X commercials, and I am torn. On one hand, I am glad to see that there is an effort to stop idiots from looking at their phone while driving. On the other hand, I ABSOLUTELY HATE the fact that the onus is being placed on the friends of the driver. If you are old enough to drive a killing machine, you are old enough to not look at your GD phone while operating it.

I lost my cell phone on Saturday. Retraced all my steps and asked all the stores I was in. Gone forever! Not due for an upgrade either.....UGG!

On the other hand I love the not having a phone ringing!!

Christine Christine
Oct '14

So tired of hearing about the NJ Housewife star ( really ) Theresa Gudice going to jail.Her and others saying "oh she has kids", "oh she didn't understand her plea deal", blah, blah. She should have thought about her kids before doing the crime.
And the Sayreville HS football teams season getting canceled because players were hazing others. "Oh, some are seniors looking to get recruited for college", blah, blah. Again, should have thought about that before doing the crime. If some boys werent involved, its sad they will be punished, but as they say, "guilty by association".

Oct '14

Tired of hearing about it, but not tired of talking about how tired you are of hearing about it? (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Drug dealers do not get as much time as the Guidices! Sad that they only ones that are going to suffer are the girls. They were held accountable but putting them in jail really does nothing. I say hit them where it hurts...in the pocketbook. Make them pay for years to come and make them live within their means. Just my lil old opinion....

Christine Christine
Oct '14

Sad part is that they well prb get a reality show - after prison - and that people will watch...

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Oct '14

Got a point Christine.

Its called VENTING ianimal.

Oct '14

If you're telling the truth about being tired of hearing about it, it's called COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE.

I mean just look... you posted about it and then there were two more posts related to them in response, (one of which you responded to further... despite your sickness of hearing about it, lol).

How will the story ever die if you keep perpetuating it (even though you claim to be sick of hearing about it)?

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

LOL it is funny that BBYU's post about beign sick of hearing about it only made others talk about it

darwin darwin
Oct '14

I was surprised that the Gudices are going to jail at different times. She will go in first and then when she is out Joe goes in. I didn't think they actually did that! Good for the kids.

Sunshine Sunshine
Oct '14

They did it for the kids. Also financially they would have to be on some type of government help otherwise no? I still think they got railroaded by going to jail. I feel sorry for the kids. I could care less about the show.

Christine Christine
Oct '14

Lol Darwin

Hey ianimal- my post meant I was sick of people feeling sorry for these people who break the law.

Christine - I never watched the show either.

Oct '14

They committed bank fraud and tax evasion for the kids? It's called "living beyond your means" and I have no sympathy for those who do. God forbid the guy should have to give up his $2,000 mobster suits in order to feed his kids. It's much better that he commit 41 counts of fraud instead, no?

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

The other day there was a discussion on radio about this topic. One caller mentioned that both parents can be called for active duty at the same time. Also if both husband and wife should serve their sentences, they don't have "delayed start". So why these family is treated differently? I understand that it's not kids fault but why kids with both parents on active duty don't deserve the same break?

+1 ianimal. LMAO

Oct '14

The Guidice's were ordered to pay $400,000 dollars in restitution. According to TMZ Bravo just paid them $325,000 for their only interview. Pretty sweet deal..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '14

guys stop talking about it them you are driving BBYU crazy!! lol.

darwin darwin
Oct '14

Oh Darwin, Darwin Darwin. You have to read my post from 1 hr ago.

Oct '14

What they have no clue about is that $325k is only $163k after taxes. Uh oh.

I didn't think it was possible... But the Venting thread has been HIJACKED.

Just to get back on topic, I HATE when that happens to the Venting thread (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Oct '14

My vent is that we actually have Housewife shows to begin with.

Can people stop crashing their cars, please!?!?

There is nothing worse than wanting to leave work to get home and seeing the traffic maps lit up like a Christmas tree. So sick of this!!

Oct '14

I was rear ended yesterday on my way to work :( I stopped in a school zone to let two kids cross the street and a car whaled into the back of me. I then spent 14 hours in the hospital!

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Oct '14

@Kit Kat, I hope you're ok!

@Tracy Yeah Rte 80 was a mess this afternoon because of a tractor trailer accident by exit 28. It took me over 30 min to go West 9 miles from Exit 37 to Exit 28. The commute home in total was over an hour. I listen to books on CD in the car, so at least I'm getting some enjoyment and it's not a total bummer.

Chickadee Chickadee
Oct '14

Not a vent. Just wondering, I don't see any pics posted. So I posted this to see if pics are still being accepted.

auntiel auntiel
Oct '14

I'm fine thank you Chickadee. :) As for pics being posted not sure. I posted a cartoon pig on the pig thread and when I checked back it was gone.

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Oct '14

Note to self: When someone on line from who knows where emails you asking to "see" your item that already has a clear picture, follow your first instinct and ask them if they are blind instead of being the nice guy trying to take a picture only to have the 75 year old glass Christmas bulb roll over on its own and shatter into 2 million pieces on the floor.

In the classifieds section titled bouncybaby boy, dog being traded for Vegas chips???? I'm terrified for the poor dog. Who does that?

molly
Oct '14

I saw that too, Molly, on today's HL Classified Ads...And although I usually don't "vent" that is my feelings as well. Who would trade a sweet little puppy like that for Vegas chips???? or for that matter......even think of doling such a thing.

joyful joyful
Oct '14

If it makes you feel any better, those are generally scams. There really is no dog, they're just trying to get something they can launder money. When those appear in the classifieds, just like the quick money loans that are illegal, they're removed as soon as possible.

Thanks, GC...for clarifying that. Lots of "sickos" out there!!

joyful joyful
Oct '14

This morning:

The puppy ate my last roll of paper towels, and THEN peed on the floor.

I brushed my teeth (or got a good start trying to) with SHAVING CREAM from China Eastern Airlines. You know, you keep those little travel things they give out on airlines for when you travel next or run out of something? Well, it would have been nice if they had written what was IN the little tube in ENGLISH.

Pretty much thinking of going back to bed and hiding under the covers at this point.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Rebecka-funny, but really not funny. If I were you, I'd go back to bed. At least the dog can wipe up the pee with the paper towels he ate. :) Cheer up. It will get better.

Oct '14

So mad at this lady from Human Resources at my job. Taking over 2 wks to sign my Disability papers. And i need to get paid. Ughhhh.

Bella76 Bella76
Oct '14

Sometimes friends are so much better than family...enough said. ):

positive positive
Oct '14

I accidentally made enough dark chocolate ganache cake to serve **forty-eight** (!!!) people. Not even kidding. No idea what I am going to do with all this CAKE. Neighbors are going to find surprises on their doorsteps I think. This is ridiculous. (This incident is directly attributable to a bad case of ADD btw! lol)

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

^^Aaaand that's a problem becauuuuuse...^^ LOL!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '14

Rebecka feel free to leave on my doorstep! LOL

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Oct '14

Look at this! I wasn't kidding. No one in their right mind makes this much cake!

(Waiting for them to cool to put the ganache on them. They should be pretty when finished. Then I'm going to pawn them off on unsuspecting neighbors.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Yummy and a lovely surprise for sure! Enjoy :)

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Oct '14

Wow wish I lived by you rebecka !!

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

Freeze them.

Blackcat Blackcat
Oct '14

Feel free to surprise me with one.

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '14

One down! (I told him this would be posted on HL, and make his best face for our forum friends. This is what he came up with!)

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Black cat - thank you for the idea to freeze them! I don't know why but I wouldn't have thought of that. Just popped 2 in the freezer... I only have so many neighbors, after all.

Ok DONE enough venting about cake sorry for commandeering the thread! Especially because I wish I could bring you each one....

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

A cake like that will freeze really well:)

blackcat blackcat
Oct '14

Clipping cats' nails on their back feet: you are only one small wrong move away from having your eyes scratched out.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

So I'm coming out of Staples tonight in Chester and a guy comes up to me and asks if I want a gift bag full of make up and hands it to me. He doesn't walk away though, he starts pitching. He pulls the pallets out and is explaining that they are MAC and another exclusive brand I can't remember. Then he tells me I just have to give him the $20 sales tax. It was clear he didn't realize I was aware he showed me the BACK of all the boxes, there was NO brand logo on the bag, you pay sales tax on a free coupon, not a free promo in a parking lot and that I wasn't born yesterday! LOL!! I wonder how many people he got with that today?

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Oct '14

Gave out 10 invitations to the kids in my daughter's preschool class to her 5th bday party. 3 of them RSVP'd back that they were coming and the rest I never heard back from. 2 of them actually showed up.

I seriously hate people

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Oct '14

that's crappy - I am sorry - that's so mean to do to a kid.

skippy skippy
Oct '14

when I taught prek and kindergarten, parents regularly told me about that happening - I don't get it - maybe snail or email would help??? beats me

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

Grrrrr! Almost two hours to get to work again today. Accident with the left lane closed on 78. Miles of bumper to bumper traffic. Every time it *&^%$#@ rains!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

H-town - Just plain rude. I feel bad for your little girl. :-(

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

I just came home from the grocery store and there was a chicken running around loose in the house. I had put her in the laundry room in a cat carrier for special care because she isn't feeling well. Somehow she escaped from the cat carrier and went through the cat door into the house and I can't even imagine what happened next. Between the house full of cats and German Shepherds, I truly don't know how she is still alive. But there she was, sitting in the family room on the top of the sofa...

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Rebecka..I have a great visual of the scene, especially the chicken sitting on the sofa, lol

Bessie Bessie
Oct '14

omg that is hilarious - I think you need more kitty/puppy/chicken cams around the house - just hilarious - does the couch have down cushions??

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

I would have loved to seen that on live cam!

Christine Christine
Oct '14

Sitting in a parking lot waiting to pickup the kids and the exceedingly dimwitted person across from you leaves their headlights shining in your face. Do people really not think, or are they really that self absorbed? Wish I knew...

Justintime Justintime
Oct '14

Probably, just hoping that their band member will hurry up and come out quick enough, left their car running because it was cold. Then showed true dimwittedness forgetting they have automatic lights on their car and are too lazy to shut off the lights. That is my self absorbed excuse. There seemed to be quite a few of us dimwitted parents there for pick up. The season is just about over. Hang in there.

marchon
Oct '14

What happened to mothers and fathers teaching their children manners when growing up? 30ish man, walking into store in front of me. He turned and looked at me (must have heard me behind him) and as he opened the door and walked in, he just let the door go, almost taking me out. I was right behind him. Unbelievable!

Oct '14

that makes me livid - it is beyond rude

skippy skippy
Oct '14

Still on hold to make an appointment with new Doctor.... think 40 minutes is long enough!

I don't want to hang up and and call back ~ get dropped to last in queue.

tidy
Oct '14

Tidy-just imagine the wait you'll have when you get there. Ugh! Good luck!

Oct '14

well tidy I do believe they've forgotten you ...that's ridiculous

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

Had to have a MRI of the brain. Without contrast and with. 6 tries later trying to get a vein they tell me they can't do it. Why can Morristown find a vein in my arms with a special ultrasound machine but these people can't? UGH!!

Christine Christine
Oct '14

I think there's a moral there, Christine

5catmom 5catmom
Oct '14

Htown Christine? Not surprised.

Oct '14

sorry Christine - just went through the same deal with my MIL down here in NC. it's pervasive unfortunately

skippy skippy
Oct '14

Christine: Sorry to hear you had the problem with finding a good vein at Hackettstown Hospital and that this never happens when you are a patient at Morristown. I just experienced the opposite. My veins in my left arm were almost completely unusable because of having to use that arm exclusively for bloodwork after breast cancer surgery on the right side for years. Yet Hackettstown Hospital always managed to find a vein even if it meant going through the hand with a baby needle. At Morristown Hospital for the first time ever this past Monday they had a hard time getting the IV into that left hand too (had to use that arm because of procedure being done with other arm) and finally after three tries and much pain got the IV in... Might just be a case for both of us of having a more experienced person knowing what to do in our individual situations than what hospital we were in at the time. Maybe not...Hope you are able to have the test done now and will soon be feeling much better...

joyful joyful
Oct '14

Went to Shop Rite yesterday, cashier said they have stopped the 5 cent refund per canvas grocery bag. Will still use them but every penny counts, especially at the grocery store.

Molly
Oct '14

went to wal-mart yesterday to pick up prescriptions...customer at counter and 2 people behind also waiting..when i walked behind the other 2 waiting to pick up their drugs the lady was calling over to me saying i couldn't pick mine up because they were going to lunch..i have no co-pay all they had to do is scan and hand them to me..i never ever went to a pharmacy that closed for lunch..i'm to go home and drive back again for 2 minutes off work.i told the lady very loudly to pound salt and left..

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Oct '14

10:15 pm, went to walk dogs, and puppy Lucie chases our indoor-only cat Fuzzy right out the door.

Thanks for the evening excitement, puppy. DH, me and our friends next door all needed to be crawling around in the bushes after a cat in the dark of night...

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '14

Hellllooooo Comcast! Bottom of the 8th, game 7 World Series and WTF? "One moment please, this channel should be available shortly". Grrrrrrr!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Tunnelrat-they are the worst pharmacy going. I left them years ago. You should switch to Walgreens. Great pharmacy!

Oct '14

I'm going to have to stick up for pharmacists. I never got to take a lunch when I worked in a retail pharmacy. However I know some pharmacies do. I'm sure there's a sign stating when they close so as a "regular customer" you should take note and not go during those times. The pharmacy can't stay open without a pharmacist so no they can't just hand it to you. I'm sure your doctor has lunch and doesn't see patients during that time. God forbid the pharmacist eats once in 12 hours.

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

Why I am buying all these candies, handing them out and not allowed to eat any?!

most pharmacies have more than one person to work the counter.and there were 3 people working the counter.in any other drug store.some workers go to lunch and the counter is still open when they come back then the other ones take there lunch..if i go somewhere else ill have to pay up to 30.00 co-pay a month..i'll call my drug plan to see if i can go somewhere else with no co-pay..I GUESS WAL-MART THINKS YOU'LL STAY IN THE STORE AND BUY MORE STUFF WHILE YOU'RE WAITING FOR THEM TO COME BACK FROM LUNCH..OH YEAH ABOUT AN HOUR LATER I GOT A TEXT MY DRUGS WERE READY...i doubt they even work a 12 hour shift..if a person can't go 12 hours without eating there's something wrong with people..

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Oct '14

When the pharmacist leaves no medication can go out. And YES most pharmacists work at least 12 hour shifts. Get your facts straight. This is one of the many reasons I'm glad im out of retail pharmacy

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

If your shift is 9 am to 9 pm that's ok to not be able to have 30 minutes to sit and eat in peace ????? Lets add in travel time and basically you aren't eating all day. Why don't you try it

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

"if a person can't go 12 hours without eating there's something wrong with people.." -

Practically all pharmacies in grocery and department stores have scheduled 30-minutes lunch. If someone is unable to wait 30 minutes to get their prescription, they are better to go to emergency room immediately.

im only saying they should eat at different times and keep the pharmacy open.there are many older people that don't drive and have a hard time getting rides ..god forbid the money wal-mart rakes in they can't pay an employee extra hours to stay working in shifts..and when i was working i didn't eat all day.i would rather keep working and go home rather than waste an hour when it only takes 15 minutes to eat..if they ate in shifts your telling me someone couldn't wait an extra half hour and eat at 12.30 instead of 12.00.

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Oct '14

Again if there's only ONE PHARMACIST they cant keep it open ......

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

Breathe, tunnel rat. In the grand scheme of things, is this really that big of a deal?

It is to us older people. I would just find a different Pharmacy.

Old Gent Old Gent
Oct '14

you're right mb it isn't.. it's a venting thread i didn't think anyone would chime in about it..there's alot more problems in this world to deal with..sorry if i offended you..

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Oct '14

You didn't offend me in the slightest. Just seems like you're getting worked up over a very minor inconvenience.

i wasn't worked up.just stating my opinion.sometimes i read things in here and also think people are angry but i can't tell since i don't know them..

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Oct '14

Speaking for one, yes, going to, parking at, risking the "running with the bulls" to get to the building, and walking the 10 miles through Walmart is a big deal that I never want to repeat if I don't have to.

I can't imagine Skylands pharmacy takes lunch, does anyone know?

I would be really miffed if I had hit the website to pull the hours:

Mon - Fri: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sat: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sun: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

It don't say "we take lunch and bathroom breaks."

Oct '14

Ahh, well your caps are definitely misleading ;)

There's probably a sign near the counter saying that they close for lunch. I would imagine mom and pop pharmacists don't take a lunch because they have to compete with the chain stores just to stay in business ...so they need to cater to the "entitled " public

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

Im with you tunnel rat 100%.

Missrx- not saying you are wrong, but I know for certain there are some pharmacies that DO stay open, shift lunches, and DO give you meds when the pharmacist is NOT there.

Oct '14

missrx-- i'm the last person who thinks he's entitled..what about all the people your president put on the entitled list that's dragging this country into the ground..i didn't think one little comment about a pharmacy would cause so much trouble..

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Oct '14

botheredbyuu-thanks for your support i appreciate it very much..i think i'll change my name from tunnel rat to recently deceased that way if missrx sends me another message i wont have to respond..i'll just type no comment recently deceased...

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Oct '14

Sorry when you comment about pharmacy I will always respond. Nobody made you respond to me !!! I've dealt with people like you in the pharmacy for many years ...

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

Lol tunnel rat. Good idea! Her facts are not correct.

Oct '14

Actually my facts are correct. Nobody can work in a pharmacy without a pharmacist present

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

Missrx - I'm sure you are correct legally. Who says that the stores are operating to the letter of the law though? Corners tend to be cut. Who knows what these chains stores abide by?

As far as breaking for lunch, all employees are entitled to a lunch break. However this type of information, such as "closed daily from 12:30-1:00", should be clearly posted.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Missrx- I have been at a pharmacy, more then once, where the pharmacist was not there and the tech gave me my prescription. So , NO , they dont need to be there. Maybe some have those rules but not all.

Oct '14

Tunnel rat, You stated that you didn't think anyone would chime in? Why not? It is a public forum and I'm sure you've seen how it works around here.

Saying that a person should work 12 hrs. without a lunch break is just a ridiculous statement to make. People that work 8 hrs. are entitled to a lunch break and some will also get an a.m./p.m. break as well. It is also not out of the ordinary for a business to close during lunch. Off the top of my head I know of two places that I use that do this. My vet closes from 12-1pm every day and my dentist closes from 12-2:30pm. Of course I do agree that this should be clearly posted for the customers to see.

I think since Missrx IS a pharmacist she is probably more up to date than any of us on the laws in that field. Well except for bby, she seems to know better.

bby, so which is it? do you think Missrx is right or wrong? It seems you changed your position rather quickly and I can't keep up lol!
First you said "not saying your wrong" then you said "her facts are not correct"
all within a couple of posts?

Thank you JRT ! I think I have a "little " knowledge on the subject lol !

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

Yes, I would trust Missrx's opinion on anything pharmacy related more than anyone else here.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

I said maybe pharmacies have different rules. Therefore Im not saying she is wrong, just saying all her facts arent 100% correct. Hmmmm.....makes sense to me. She is a pharmacist, that's great. Doesnt make her words gospel. NOT all pharmacies do it the way hers does. I have seen it! Elderly lady asks to speak to pharmacist. She is told he is NOT in yet. Should be in shortly. She says she will wait. Im right behind her and I tell the tech Im there to pick up my prescription. She hands it to me, I pay and off I go. So....?

Oct '14

Ordered a sweater for a party tonite and it still isn't here and they have no tracking information!!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '14

"My pharmacy"' doesn't do it any way since I got out of retail away from crazy people. And if that pharmacy is open and the pharmacist isn't in yet they should be reported to the board of pharmacy !!!

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

As far as Pharmacy closing for lunch, yes if a pharmacist is NOT present they can not give your meds. My husband works in management for one of the largest retail pharmacies and I asked him. Smaller pharmacies will close down for lunch at a set time every day. Larger ones (think bigger stores like Walgreens, Cvs, and Rite Aid) will have the pharmacist shift overlap so there always one present. That isn't to that some pharmacies do not follow the regulations on this.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Oct '14

And only the pharmacist has keys to the pharmacy section of the store ...

Missrx Missrx
Oct '14

I hear ya Missrx about getting out of retail, away from crazy people. That was my next vent. I work retail and to some shoppers out there, do me a favor. DONT throw your CC at me, across the counter. DONT be talking on your phone while checking out. DONT be "facebooking" while checking out. In other words, DONT BE RUDE AND IGNORANT!

Oct '14

my friend did that when we were in a store (talking on his phone) when we got outside i told him that was very rude..this person is helping you she's not a robot..he said he does it all the time..

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Oct '14

it is Halloween and they are hanging Christmas decorations in my office building. They couldn't wait literally 1 more day?

darwin darwin
Oct '14

I'm surprised they waited this long. There's been Christmas stuff in the stores since August.

My mother always said that Thanksgiving was a poor forgotten holiday. That after Halloween everyone moved on to Christmas.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

That's crazy Darwin. When I worked in an office, we did that right after Thanksgiving.

I see Budd Lake fire house is having a Holiday shopping bazaar tomorrow. JMO, thats soooo early.

Oct '14

BBU - some of my friends exchange Christmas / Hanukkah gifts with their extended families during Thanksgiving gathering. In such a case they don't need to stress out another family re-union or ship anything.

Family reunion is stress? Thats so sad. Im sorry.

Oct '14

It's 5 o'clock somewhere....

(Been one of those days.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

Also, can someone please explain to me what happened to Joe Biden's head? He looks like an aged, talking Ken doll. Fake orange spray tan + bad face lift + grey hair dyed yellow = not a great look for our VP.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

please let the political ads, signs, calls end yesterday................noise and visual polution - and new we get the next round - holiday sales almost two months early--- good grief

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Feeling the disappointment of having to clean up the mess left by someone you thought was at least competent :(

trekster3- trekster3-
Nov '14

Ahhh Trekster that is my world every day.. I can sympathize..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '14

Rebecca,

At first I thought Biden stood too close to John Boehner, and then figured results of a recent vacation, but no, I think we got hair piece, hair transplant, Botox, etc.

Ah, vanity.........

Perhaps he should have gone full tilt and gotten the Ryan............

Nov '14

What a coincidence that the day after an Election where the Republican/ Conservatives win many seats; The LIBERAL Star-Ledger newspaper has "Production Problems" and the paper is not delivered. 365 days in the year and this is the day there is no paper. :(

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Nov '14

I would expect the Ledger is witting a column like Yahoo did.
http://news.yahoo.com/how-hillary-clinton-won-the-2014-midterms-075943434.html

Old Gent Old Gent
Nov '14

I dunno - my Star Ledger was at my door bright and early as usual

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

I saw the guy delivering it at 6:45 AM where I am.

Grrrrr......it's Vet-er-an's (3 syllables) Day NOT Vet-tran's (2 syllables) Day! Listening to people this time of year can drive me batty!!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Haha...they say it the way they spell it. WRONG! When my son was in 3rd grade, the teacher taught him to spell the word the way it sounds. WRONG! That screwed up a lot of kids as they got older. Early 20 somethings now cant spell correctly.

Nov '14

They compensate it with "often".

Folks that have to get home before sundown... everyone wants this... so you are more special than everyone else...

Someone stole my husband's Kohl's coupons (a 30% off and a $5 off) out of his cart while he walked away for a moment with the baby this afternoon. Obviously you needed the discounts more than us. Hope you got something good.

Tracy Tracy
Nov '14

botheredbyuu2 They did that to me in the late 30's and I still can't spell well. I guess they never learn. I know a word is wrong seeing it.

Old Gent Old Gent
Nov '14

Some things never change Old Gent. Lol

Tracey-Where were the coupons he had? No place to lay them down. Maybe they fell on the floor and someone picked them up. Terrible if someone stole them.

Nov '14

Uggh! I can't stand it when someone says, "This is one of the first times I've been here."

WTF does that mean? There can only be one "first" time for anything. After that it's the second time, third time etc. Sheesh!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

That doesnt even make sense. Lol

I hate when someone contacts you about something you are selling, or a service you are offering and asks questions. You tell them what they want to know and then you dont hear back. So you contact them to ask if they are still interested and still they dont answer. Have the decency to at least answer and say you are not interested.

Nov '14

In that context (this is), it doesn't make any sense.

But, if you've been to a place hundreds of times and you were relating a story about something that happened on say either the third, fourth or fifth visit, (but you aren't really sure which) then generically saying that it happened "one of the first times" or "one of the first few times" you were there, I think it's ok.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

So then why not say, "I was either the second or third time I was here" instead of that utter nonsense? ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Because saying it was "either the third, fourth, fifth.... ninth, tenth or eleventh time I was there" takes quite a long time and no one wants to hear your story by the time you finish going through all the possible iterations of exactly which time it was that you were there? So, by simply saying "one of the first", you can avoid boring everyone else to tears even at the expense of annoying Calico? (-;

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

Because no matter how annoying you find the phrase "one of the first", I ASSURE you that people who start telling a story and then insist on working through exactly WHICH time it was that they were there before they go on with their story are far MORE annoying, LOL.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

Hate emails from stores that say FREE SHIPPING, but when you open it, it has stipulations, like on orders of 50.00 or more. ERG!

Nov '14

how about coupons...a dollar off when you buy three or more of a product..i'm not going to buy three things when i only need to buy one to save a dollar..what happened to the old days when you got money off for just buying one thing..

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Nov '14

tunnelrat-I agree. I throw those coupons out

Nov '14

For me, it depends what the product is. If it's for items I usually buy more than one at a time of, it's worth it. Like soup, who buys only one can at a time? I certainly don't. So the 50 cents or a dollar off of 3 is no big deal. But a dollar off 3 loaves of bread, no way. I'd have to freeze it, and yuck.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Right with ya on the coupon thing.

Blackcat Blackcat
Nov '14

Not a vent really. Just disappointed to see that the Billy the Cat thread was closed. How will I ever know if he lives happily ever after?

It'll just be a new thread maja, not to worry.

Thanks GC :) Kind of like a series spin off, eh?

maja,
We can thank the caustic instigator for that.
She's baaaaaaaaaaacckkk !!

hapiest girl
Nov '14

My best friend's mother was diagnosed with pancreatic and liver cancer today. Sad day. :'(

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

@Calico, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the doctors can do great things for her. Cancer sucks.

Thanks maja and yes it does.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

So sorry Calico! Its a terrible disease. Grandfather passed from it. Only advice is do not do any treatment let them live life to the fullest.

Christine Christine
Nov '14

Calico, I'm sorry. It really does suck. My mom survived a little over a year after being diagnosed with the same thing.

jrsemom jrsemom
Nov '14

Thanks ladies.

Yes, I remember jrse. I remember you mom too, she was a lovely woman.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Sorry to hear your sad news Calico.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '14

Thank you Calico.

jrsemom jrsemom
Nov '14

very tired of hearing many people use the word "so" after their sentence... example: i went to the gym today so. I'll be on vacation next week so.... sooo annoying

Poppy Girl
Nov '14

I think people just develop bad habits and find it easier to express what they have to say a certain way that may be annoying to us because we do not speak that way ourselves.. Poppy Girl......I find annoying people that start every other sentence with "Ya know?"....or when you ask them for something it is always "No problem!"....

joyful joyful
Nov '14

Use common sense, especially on a windy day, and put your shopping cart back where it belongs, in the cart stalls. Came out of Walmart and had 2 carts up against my car. Not a fancy car, but its the principal. People need to stop being SO ignorant.

Nov '14

Poppy girl,
I know EXACTLY what you mean. Right up there with "you know" a thousand times in every conversation. :-)

a parent
Nov '14

It really bothers me that there is a dog at that new "pop up" farm on Rockport road that is outside 24/7 on a short chain....and there is nothing I can do about it. He/she just lays on the gravel or in his little dog house.

I hate it.....

Nosila Nosila
Nov '14

call animal control or spca?? worth a try - I don't think that's really allowed

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

5catmom- The dog does have everything it needs so they wont come out. They only need shelter, food and water and cant be on a chain shorter than 6 feet :(

Nosila Nosila
Nov '14

How do you know he is out 24/7?

Nov '14

Botheredbyuu2- You are right....I'm not 100% sure he is out 24/7

However, I pass several times a day and he is always outside. He was outside the other day when it was snowing and also every other single time I have passed by regardless of the time.

I also know for some, dogs are dogs and that if they provide water, food and shelter they think that's perfectly fine. I'm just saying I hate seeing it. They aren't committing a crime if they are providing the essentials but I don't like seeing it.

My pups are spoiled rotten....and I do need to remember not every dog is treated the same. I just think of mine curled up by the fire on their memory foam dog bed.

Nosila Nosila
Nov '14

Nosila, I agree and hopefully someone at least takes him in at night. You're right though some people view dogs as animals and nothing more, unfortunately.

Now as mine sit here and whine at me because I'm not sharing my dinner.... I won't feel so bad:) They are also very spoiled and know what makes me cave lol!

I agree Nosila that he should be taken in and loved and snuggled a few times a day.
Hopefully he is, we just dont see it. ; )

Nov '14

I would make the call - they have to come out and they may at least advise the owners that the dog has to be indoors part of the time.............

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

If you google "unchain your dog", they provide a lot of resources and information. Many states and communities have laws about the length of time a dog can be chained. If you contact the organization I'm sure they could help point you in the right direction.

Why someone would have a dog to leave chained up is beyond my comprehension. How do they sleep at night?!

honey badger honey badger
Nov '14

"Why someone would have a dog to leave chained up is beyond my comprehension." Perfectly stated, honey badger. I'm so sad thinking about this animal.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '14

I will look into it in the morning. If you travel Rockport you will see the black pup

Nosila2 Nosila2
Nov '14

Is there a "law" that a dog has to be indoors part of the day?

Nov '14

honey badger- Thank you...Maybe I will drop off a print out from the site. Maybe they don't know any better.

http://www.unchainyourdog.org/Facts.htm

Nosila Nosila
Nov '14

Here's the link to "Unchain your dog", by the way:

http://www.unchainyourdog.org/

Of course one of my favorite cartoonists, whose work is on the NJ "I am animal friendly" license plate has a link to another group, "dogs deserve better" on his "how you can help webpage:

http://muttscomics.com/how-you-can-help

He also addresses the subject in a number of his cartoons.

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '14

They may be keeping him chained too long (no one knows for sure) but sounds like they are NOT breaking the law. IF the dog is chained out too long, its very sad, but there is nothing you can do about it.

Nov '14

It is sad if he is being left outside. I'm not sure if there is a law against it, but it isn't a new concept. My grandparents were very "old school" when it came to dogs. The dogs that they used for breeding NEVER stepped foot in the house. They had food, shelter, and water as Nosila stated, and were outside their entire life. I also know of a couple of families that do the same with hunting dogs.

Why have a dog if you are going to leave it outside all the time? My neighbors behind me have 3 dogs (pitt bull, boxer, and pug) and they leave the pitt bull and boxer outside all day and night. They bark NON stop. Pit bull is a fence jumper too! I feel so bad for the dogs because it actually got down to pretty cold temp in SC recently and they were out in it.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Nov '14

Long ago I had a neighbor who left a dog out all the time and it barked all night - I called in a complaint, someone went out to speak with them and they brought the dog indoors...........moral ...........it doesn't hurt to make a call and let someone with clout decide whether there something wrong ............and it might help an animal

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

5catmom - doesn't help tried! Apparently the people who lived here before called and complained. Basically were told unless the dogs attack someone there is nothing that can be done. HOA has even sent letters and nothing happens. My bedroom and two of my kids bedrooms face the back of the house and all you hear is the dog. It's worse in my room because I am on the first floor.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Nov '14

is HOA fining them? they certainly have the power to do that - how about a noise complaint in the middle of the night to the police?

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Didn't catch this while at the house looking it over?

If this house where the dog is "supposedly " left out 24/7 (again, no one knows for sure) is on Rockport Rd, it would be Mansfield Twsp and unfortunately Mansfield doesnt have a noise ordinance, if the dog is barking non-stop. He has food, water and room to move, there is nothing you can do. Obviously he must look healthy, or someone would have called already.

Dec '14

i just looked up noise ordanence on google.it says for barking dogs music etc.call police or your county health agency..if in warren county .

warren county health agency
700 oxford road
oxford nj 07863
908-475-7960.

look it up yourself..the first thing it says is barking dogs music etc.

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Dec '14

5catmom- the HOA can't fine them because apparently when they do inspection of the area the dogs are in the house for once.

IJay - The dogs were never outside when we looked at the house the 3 times. We actually didn't even know they had dogs until the 2nd night here.

tunnel rat- I moved out of Htown area and no live in SC

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Dec '14

look it up in your state .google noise ordanance state of sc.

tunnel rat tunnel rat
Dec '14

I called Mansfield years ago about "noise" and was told there isnt a noise ordinance in town.

Dec '14

slo mo lines in Shop-rite --- on a Monday -- in the middle of the day----------geeze

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

How about people who let their dogs take a poop on someone else's driveway clean it up!?

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Dec '14

Snow and ice coming tomo night.

Dec '14

Apparently "Iggles J. Snoots" signed up for daily emails from KeyIngredient.com. "Thank you for registering! Did you know about our online store!? We'll be sending you plenty of emails!" Seems like the poodle is interested in cooking. Interested to see what he'll be whipping up with his new found knowledge.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Holy crap I think I caught pink eye ***from my dog!*** I am not kidding. Is that even possible?? (Someone should probably bring me to the vet.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

I'm getting worried about you and your critters, Rebecka.

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

There is cause, 5cm! I may be turning into one!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

I can't stand people who aren't your boss who try to act like they are....

Metsman Metsman
Dec '14

You are your own boss. No one else.

Dec '14

NOT when you have a job BBY

Christine Christine
Dec '14

Or if you have a wife, either. Then you are not your own boss. ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

This person is only a coworker.

Metsman Metsman
Dec '14

Christine-I have 2 jobs and although Iam my own "boss" at my 1st job, I have a manager at my 2nd job. Like I said, you are your own boss, no one else.

Dec '14

BBY only if you want to keep your job. Realistically you have a boss at your job. If you told them you were your own boss you would not have a job. ;)

My hubby thinks he is the boss at home! My kids know otherwise ;0.............

Christine Christine
Dec '14

I'm somewhat annoyed that the high school band concert is the same night as Hometown Holiday. This isn't the first time the high school had something that coincides with a town event.

I mixed up two gifts to mail to two different addresses and sent them to the wrong house. Wonderful.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.