New Nail Salon... Coco Nails

Saw a sign for a new nail salon by Ruby Tuesdays and Starbucks. Has anyone been there yet? How are the prices? I tried to call about 10 minutes ago but no answer.

happycamper happycamper
May '14

I went the day before Mother's Day. It's beautiful inside. I didn't even realize it was there until I was at Starbucks a few days before. They've been open for about a month now. I got a pedicure. They used the hot stones and paraffin. No complaints. The prices were comparable for the area, I'd say. They had a grand opening 30% discount when I was there but that has ended.

They are open Sundays, which is good since there are so few salons in this area that are.

Tracy Tracy
May '14

I went there for the first time. Place was beautiful. Owners are very friendly. The basic pedicure and manicure pretty much includes everything. I was very impressed. Sent friends there and they loved it too. I will definitely be going back.

htownposter htownposter
May '14

Did the relocate from Chester? I was sorry to see them move but glad to see they may have reopened.

Also totally impressed! Cannot wait to go back

Natalie Natalie
May '14

trying it today - long overdue mani pedi - they may take one look and kick me out

5catmom 5catmom
May '14

What is the cost for a pedi? Do they have a website?

Calico696 Calico696
May '14

Will let you know when I'm done
Brand new nicely decorated and clean so far

5catmom 5catmom
May '14

Calico, $35 for mani/pedi. I was in there for over an hour getting my legs rubbed and my manicure lasted nearly a week without any chips...pretty good if you ask me.

Natalie Natalie
May '14

I'm the only customer right now...come on down

5catmom 5catmom
May '14

they have a manicure "spacial"
I saw the sign...

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
May '14

$35 for mani - pedi -- possibly the best pedi I've had - I highly recommend it -- liked it much better than Pure Spa................

5catmom 5catmom
May '14

How much for just a pedi? I don't get manicures.

Calico696 Calico696
May '14

It's $30 for just a pedicure, but I think they have more expensive ones too.

Tracy Tracy
May '14

Thanks Tracy.

Calico696 Calico696
May '14

BEG - the sign isn't spelled wrong it means "Spa"cial.

I went today, OMG it was so nice. They are going to put all the other nail salons out of business. Super clean. Super nice.

Just Asking Just Asking
May '14

I also went today for mani and pedi. Got there at 11:30am and no wait. By 12:30, started getting busy with 15-30 min wait. I typically go to Pure Spa but live on Mansfield side of town, so more convenient for me. Service is equal to Pure Spa: very pleasant, nice massage and application of polish. I felt much more comfortable and relaxed at Coco, though. At Pure Spa, it's a bit cramped, especially the pedi area. At Coco, more space, more comfortable chairs, an overall more pleasant experience, in my opinion.

Lifeistooshort Lifeistooshort
May '14

"Mansfield side of town"? Side of what town?

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
May '14

The Mansfield side of Hackettstown! My favorite salon is no longer open on Sundays. Thanks for posting this as I'll be paying a visit to Coco Nails.

denise denise
May '14

I'm liking the positive posts about this place. I am going to try this place ASAP. I am in the business and like hearing good reviews on places like this. I will give my review as soon as I go. :)

Wild Angel Wild Angel
May '14

Went yesterday. Ask for Kim . Very good experience.

just coach just coach
May '14

elle did a great pedi

5catmom 5catmom
May '14

@Wildangel could you take note of how they sterilize their instruments? The salon I'm at right now has a unit that is about the size of a toaster oven and the instruments are sterilized in sleeves - not in a liquid solution. What is the best method for a nail salon?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '14

Liquids and individual sealed packets with file and buffer

5catmom 5catmom
May '14

I had a pedicure at Coco today. Better than PureSpa, I thought. More relaxing. I also got a gel manicure. Nice place. Very spacious and clean. Everyone was very nice. I will go back.

3wbdwnj....That's a GREAT method of sterilization. That is an autoclave. Where I use to work, (The Brass Rose) we used an autoclave. Implements are placed in packages and steamed. To me, that is the BEST way. Others use liquid solutions that sterilize. I will definitely take note of that.

Wild Angel Wild Angel
May '14

Does anyone know what time they open in the morning or have a phone number. I googled the phone number and it says out of service. I'm not sure if I have the right number.

Tweety Tweety
May '14

908-684-1400

Just Asking Just Asking
May '14

I went there for the first time today and had an incredible experience! Everyone was very friendly and nice, place was beautiful inside. a regular pedi is around $30 but I got the mini spa pedi which is $45 dollars has more massaging, using green tea powder, and removed all my callouses. Good price and definitely worth it, in my opinion. also I would recommend making an appointment beforehand. That's what I did and I was accommodated right away, if you just walk in you may have to wait especially during busy hours. they are also open on Sundays which is very convenient for me. overall I had a very positive experience and will definitely be going back.

xxchocolatlvr
May '14

xxchocolatlvr - What method did they use for callous removal?

Calico696 Calico696
May '14

Are they good with the massage? That is my favorite part :)

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
May '14

Another rave review -- a friend was out for the holiday weekend, and we treated ourselves to their full spa pedicure. Possibly the best pedicure I've ever had! Many 'layers' of product and massages, lots of hot towels, plus something I'd never seen before -- a bag of hot oil put over your heels at the end. Very, very enjoyable -- I'll definitely go back!

We walked in on a Sunday afternoon and were seated within 10 minutes.

The massages were wonderful, and the callus removal was with a cheese grater! Boy, did I need that!

DonnaH DonnaH
May '14

I used to go to Nirvana but this is more convenient for me. I can't wait to try them.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
May '14

Love this place! Everyone is so nice, beautiful room, chairs are not squished together....plenty of space and the best pedicure I've ever had. There was no rushing; I used the gentle back massage on the chair and the massages, scrubs, hot stones and lotions on my legs were awesome!
Pedicure...$30.00 Gel Manicure $30.
I had an appointment and was taken right away.

What are the differences between the $30 pedi and the $45 spa pedi?

Anyone know if they have a website or FB page?

Calico696 Calico696
May '14

I made an appointment for Sunday. getting the mani-pedi. Thank you everyone for the reviews!

happycamper happycamper
May '14

Do they do acrylics? I need a new place since my friend is moving.

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
May '14

I just got back from this salon (I didn't even know it was there until this weekend). Let me tell you -- I felt like I was in a very upscale salon, the place is extremely trendy and super clean. The tools came out of their own package, including nail files. Michelle was my technician for my mani and pedi and she went over and above. I had an extensive massage with my pedi and a nice one with my mani. She was kind and attentive. In addition, Christopher (not sure if he owns the salon but was at the front desk), addressed me by name when I arrived and came over to me to bring me a few magazines during my service since I hadn't thought of that. It's the little touches like that that make all the difference. This salon has one new customer here, that's for sure. I will be spreading the word.

Todaysoptimist Todaysoptimist
Jun '14

NO Ladyjane no acrylics so I did get a full set pink and white. Not good at all they cracked in 4 days where lumpy and all fell off in a week!
The pedi was great and I assume a plain mani but tips no way!

meeee4 meeee4
Jun '14

Does anyone know the hours they're open? Thanks!

I went to here this past Sat and had a gel fill by Kim. She did an amazing job, the prior salon I went to did a horrible job and Kim took the time to fix them.
Very clean, upscale looking salon and sooooooo Nice!

KimS
Jun '14

I went this morning (first one there) and it was incredible. I'll be going back real soon. Definitely worth a try if you haven't been there already. You won't be disappointed.

Spa Lady Spa Lady
Jun '14

I tried the new salon last week. My Sister came to visit me and was in desperate need of a pedicure. I had just gone to pure spa a few days before, so I did not need a pedicure but decided to get a new manicure just to try it out. I was very impressed with the over all cleanliness and atmosphere at coco. Kim did a good job on my manicure but I do not think the service was any better than what I have been getting at pure spa. My sister felt the same way , thought her pedicure was relaxing and luxurious but the actual pedicure seemed to be similar to what we would get at pure spa.

I have been a long term , 2 to 3 times a month customer of Pure spa . Since it is closer to my house, I will continue to use pure spa, but if I am in town and am in need of a service, I would never hesitate to go back to Coco. I do think they did a great job in decorating coco, it is very modern and comfortable. I also like the fact that they opened up a little kit of a brand-new nail file and nail buffer that were disposable. These are things that Purespa should work on , since they have such great competition.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jun '14

The big difference for me between Pure spa and Coco are the pedicure chairs. They are so close to each other at Pure Spa that it's uncomfortable. I guess it's just personal preference.

This salon is the Best. Felt like I was in Hoboken.
So beautifully decorated. Spacious. It was
Very peaceful and relaxing. No cell phone
Talking. No loud conversations. So serene.
Mani and pedi beautiful. Elle spent so much
Time. Worth even more money than they
Charge. Pampered yes. There was personal
Space between clients. They have my Business

LisaAnn LisaAnn
Jun '14

I took my Mom there today for a pedi and mani. She enjoyed it very much. I did not get one as I just went a couple of weeks ago. They did charge her $5 extra as she had gels on her toes from another place in Pa. It was nice. She was the loudest customer in there today and had everyone laughing. I would recommend it.

Christine Christine
Jun '14

Good point DC10 on the spacing of the pedi chairs. Much better than pure spa. Since I only got a Mani it did not occur to me to comment, but you are absolutely correct. They appeared to be pretty cushy as well.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jun '14

Kim at Coco nails IMO is the best /

just coach just coach
Jun '14

"This salon is the Best. Felt like I was in Hoboken" What does that mean?

CrazyJane
Jun '14

Went to Co Co Nails and was charged $60 for a pedicure that was no different than the woman next to me who said she had a pedicure and was charged $30. Wasn't going to argue but will never return since I can get that cheaper at Pure Spa which although isn't new it's staff is honest and they do a good job. Also Co Co turned away 3 or more clients although they were NOT busy and there were girls to do the pedis. Not sure where their heads are at but their attitudes stink.

Valerie Valerie
Jun '14

I would have questioned the $60.00 Valerie....everyone else with comments said it $30.00....I would like to try them. But will certainly ask cost first....No one would or could I pay $60.00.

Jo Anne Jo Anne
Jun '14

I went to coco nails about two weeks ago to get a pedi and the man told me that I would have to come back to busy right now. So I left and went to studio nails and they did a very nice pedi.

Monica Monica
Jun '14

I went the other day ... never saw Kim that everyone mentions and I found it - so, so. My cuticles were cut too short, now I have hang nails and aside from being clean (cause it's new) there was nothing really special about it. Same ole, same ole ~ the Asian women are not friendly and the Hispanic women always doing the pedis .... hmmm why is that, I wonder?

To the above poster who was charged $60 -- there is a sign that says "mani/pedi $35" and there is a menu with pricing above the register .... did you just get the pedi and that's the cost without the mani?

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Jun '14

I love this place

Didn't get the best mani...pedi thursday...a newbie on the toes and not sure on nails...will give it one more shot

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '14

what are there hours???

emaa
Jul '14

I called for a nail removal with mani. The woman who answered the phone said "uuummmm...." she "thinks" $40. $40? And it could be more, she told me she wouldn't know for sure until she actually saw my nails.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Aug '14

Love this place. Owners take pride in their salon. The staff is wonderful and speak English infrint of you instead of other languages which makes you feel very comfortable. If your a salon goer, you know what I'm talking about. Your greeted by name and attention to detail and services set them apart. Would recommend to anyone looking to get spoiled!

D. Bowlby D. Bowlby
Jan '15

"The staff is wonderful and speak English infrint of you instead of other languages which makes you feel very comfortable"

?????

It makes you feel uncomfortable when people speak other languages in front of you?

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

Calico.....actually for me yes. First of all it's rude, second many of the Asian workers talk about you in their native tongue right in front of you and you don't even know it. Town Nails is nortorius for this. And third, if you can't speak English while in America.....GET OUT!

America America
Jan '15

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzNwduqNVpM

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Jan '15

Hey America,
If you don't understand the language, then how do you know that they are talking badly about you? Or about you at all? Thats pretty presumptuous. How do you know they aren't talking about something totally benign or business related? My motto is: don't ever give anyone a reason to say something bad about you. Just be kind. Not too hard.

Natalie Natalie
Jan '15

It is very peaceful at Coco Nails - soothing music plays - nail techs may talk with you if you like - the chatter in other salons is distracting - the feeling is one of respect to the client - an a peaceful experience -

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

Where is the best place in town to go for gel fills (not just gel polish...I have tips)? I went to Coco but feel they are way overpriced. $50 for a gel fill...that is INSANE. You can get a new full set for about that price at other salons. There is nothing wrong with the salon I was going to except for that it is not in town and sometimes it feels like work to get over there. Thanks!

Buffy Buffy
Mar '15

Try Wonder Nails

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Mar '15

Fills at Town Nails is $35 BUT they do specials for $25.

America your statement just rubs me the wrong way! I have been going to TOWN NAILS for about 15 years. Never had a problem there at all and when they were talking in their "language" as you say I politely asked, "OK what's the joke?" She then explained she was telling the other girl, who did not speak good English, what I was telling her. They actually taught me a few words!

It never hurts to embrace other nationalities instead of telling them to get out!

Christine Christine
Mar '15

Thanks for the info...I think I'll check out Town Nails next week. :-)

Buffy Buffy
Mar '15

Are people still happy with Coco Nails? I'm relatively new to the area and need a nail salon that also does waxing. One person recommended Coco Nails to me but I'd be interested to see if others are still going there. If not, which nail salons do you like in town? I've been to Elite over by Panera and it was just ok.

SquirrelGirl SquirrelGirl
Sep '16

Coco is nice, but I really enjoy Luxury Nails. They do wonderful pedicures, and waxing is always great (had 2 not so good experiences at Coco). Luxury also does facials, and they are awesome!

rmmjs rmmjs
Sep '16

I still love Coco Nails.

Happycamper Happycamper
Sep '16

I also love Coco Nails, never a bad experience.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '16

Thanks for the feedback. I heard good things about Luxury Nails from one person but read a Yelp review that was a bit of a turnoff. It could have been posted by some crackpot who just wanted to spread some nastiness about them. Could have even been a former employee. It's so hard to tell when you read online reviews. Thanks again.

Sep '16

I also love luxury nails. Spa like atmosphere .
And excellent customer service.

Htown newbie Htown newbie
Sep '16

Also hard to go by reviews here at times. Rave reviews have been posted by those that work at competitors, as well as negative reviews written by competitors, who really knows. Best way is probably to try one and if you're not happy, try somewhere else. Good luck!

Bessie Bessie
Sep '16

I still love Coco Nails. Make an appointment though, because everyone else loves them too and they are always busy.

Tracy Tracy
Sep '16

I still rank Coco Nails #1

Susan C Susan C
Sep '16

I still love coco it's the only place I goto anymore.

Kay85 Kay85
Sep '16

Thanks for the feedback. I've made an appointment at Coco Nails and will be going next week.

Sep '16

I'm extremely happy with Coco nails! They are all very friendly and the service is great! It is a very clean nail solon. I get my gel manis every few weeks. I do not go anywhere else. Been going there for over a year. I highly recommend them.

Maddie Maddie
Sep '16

Is Coco Nails a chain? My niece lives in Riverdale NJ and goes to a Coco Nails around there.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Sep '16

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the prices at Coco Nails? Thanks :)

Stephanie
May '18

Although the salon is very nice they are high priced for a gel fill. I believe they said $50.00 I cannot afford the $35.00 I do pay let alone 50! I was disappointed.

Nails Nails
May '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.