Things that always surprise you

Things that always surprise you

There's some things that certainly surprise me every time-like the fact that there's a payphone at Schooley's Mountain Park here in Long Valley that not only is maintained - but people actually use it. Often.
(Credits for the photo go to @Christography who took the picture for a post a long time ago)

Lngvly22 Lngvly22
Apr '14

you have a hang-up about payphones, pun intended heh

kepa
Apr '14

Lol- I guess I'm more obsessed about them than I really thought. I must really annoy you guys.

Lngvly22 Lngvly22
Apr '14

Not just payphones but malls too! Lol! Glad you have a good sense of humor Lngvly22!

On a more serious note, when I lived at Mountain Lake there was a working payphone on Lakeside Drive West, not sure if it's still there.

positive positive
Apr '14

I just remembered something else that suprised me- when Taco Bell closed. I liked it, but did NOT like White Castle. Kind of ironic that White Castle closed too.

Lngvly22 Lngvly22
Apr '14

Didn't we have a Pizza Hut that closed? It does seem strange that we have so many fast food gold mines that close. Every time I go to White Castle or Taco Bell over by Ledgewood, there's a line.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Apr '14

Yeah, the Pizza Hut was where the Rite Aid is now (formerly Eckhert's). It always surprised me that it closed. It surprised me that Boston Market closed too.

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '14

Boston Market doesn't surprise me at all, that location is horrific to have to try to make a left turn. I'm not surprised at Taco Bell in Ledgewood either - its the only fast food in that direction of a divided highway. If you didn't want that but are traveling that direction, you can spend 25 mins just turning around in traffic. Defeats the whole "fast food" deal.

Not surprised either at the closing of Taco Bell here - they still have the KFC location to sell the pizzas and tacos from. What surprises me more is attempting another go at it.

Payphones initially survived the cell phone era primarily because of drug dealers who didn't want to talk on phones that were registered in their name, from what I've read. The proliferation of "burner" cell phones has even killed off that market, which is why payphones are so few and far between now.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '14

Re: Things that always surprise you

That's why we have so few sightings of Superman anymore.

Apr '14

Mr G - Fewer sightings or sightings of far more of Superman that we wanted...

Short posts by mistergoogle always surprise me. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

Wise guy.

Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.