Found Dog in Hackettstown

Found Dog in Hackettstown

I saw this on facebook.....the dog was found in Hackettstown and is at Common Sense for Animals. Recently groomed.......MUST belong to somebody
"Found in Hackettstown. Adult neutered male cocker spaniel. Recently groomed. Very sweet. Please share and help get him home. Call 908-859-3060 with any info! "

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

I'm pretty sure I've seen the dog in Riverside gardens before. I was recently there visiting a friend and saw a lady struggling to walk a dog that looked very similar to him. Where was the dog found?

silly Sam silly Sam
Apr '14

It just says found in Hackettstown. Anybody on this site live in that area? He must belong to somebody, possibly a senior that does not go online or know what to do to locate the dog
:(

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

I feel so bad for anyone that loses their dog. If my dog was lost I would lose my mind.

I used to live at Riverside, I moved out in Oct '13, he doesn't look familiar to me, but there's still a chance that's where hes from, it was like 6 months ago.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Apr '14

I spoke with my friend and showed her the pics of the dog. She said it definitely belongs to a larger lady that lives in the front of the complex. Apparently the lady also has a handicapped child who is always running out in front of cars. But she's not sure which appt. # she lives in. Also said she hasn't seen any sign of them in the past couple of days .

silly Sam silly Sam
Apr '14

Silly Sam.. she lives in the first building on the left. She claimed she gave it away.. so sad!! She can barely take care of herself and her child but the least she could have done was actually have given it away instead of letting it loose!

resident resident
Apr '14

If this dog was just "set free" that's a real shame. Where is the dog now? Any idea who the woman says she "gave it away" to?

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

She can be fined for abandonment if she can be proved as the dog's owner. How sad if that is the case of just letting it go and fending for itself.

ladeevee ladeevee
Apr '14

Would love to know the real story. So many places she could have taken it, to be adopted. Hope she didn't just let it go.

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

Ooops, my bad. I see in the top post that he is at Common Sense. I hope they find the owner if there is one. If not, I hope he finds a home.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

If she did give it to someone, wouldn't that person be looking for it? Sounds like maybe she abandoned it. I think this should be reported and have them look into because this is unacceptable.
@resdient, please contact Common sense for animals and let them know who the owner is and have them take it from there.

villani villani
Apr '14

This is so sad! I would take that dog in a heartbeat if I could, but I'm not allowed to have a dog where I live.

positive positive
Apr '14

I was going to go hang some flyers by Riverside.......glad I read this first.....how sad. Unbelievable how people treat their animals......I'm glad the dog was found before it was killed on the road. I bet he will get adopted pretty quickly!

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

I know who she is and I'm pissed- I know who gave her that dog and the least she could've done was call him to see if he could take it back. She didn't give it away- trust me. It's funny how her Facebook page is filled with pictures of how much her and her daughter love that dog -WTF

kitty kat kitty kat
Apr '14

I'm sick reading this. That poor dog. :-(

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

That's inexcusable. She MUST be reported.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '14

@kitty kat, can you let Common Sense know so they can report her and hopefully is she doesn't get a fine or something at least someone can talk to her so she won't think it's ok to do this again and get away with it. This makes me sick

villani villani
Apr '14

Common Sense for Animals needs to be notified in case this nut job decides to go claim the dog.....somebody who knows the story call them and fill them in!

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

I sent them an email with her contact info and what I know about all of this. Hopefully he will be in a new loving home soon. I'm truly disgusted with her! !!

kitty kat kitty kat
Apr '14

Awesome!!

villani villani
Apr '14

Did anyone call Kim, animal control? Common sense cant press any charges for abandonment

Terry Terry
Apr '14

Yeah, animal control should be contacted as well. I'm still floored this happened to that poor dog.

ladeevee ladeevee
Apr '14

Any updates on this dog?

Halfway there Halfway there
Apr '14

I've seen this dog daily until the woman broke up with her boyfriend.
Her name is Susan and lives in the first bldg. She told me she wasn't going to take care of her boyfriend's dog and got rid of it. When i questioned her of the dog's whereabouts she said she did what she had to do and the dog is gone. Wouldn't tell me what she had done with the dog even when i asked her repeatedly. The dog was in poor hands with her and her daughter. I was concerned that he would get hit by a car when the daughter had the dog out. The best thing that could happen to this poor dog is at a shelter and getting a decent home.

morning glory 53 morning glory 53
Apr '14

This is so upsetting! When people discard their pets like trash and they think they can get away with it...tells me that they have serious character flaws and morals!

positive positive
Apr '14

agree 100% positive! the dog is definitely in better hands now.

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

If anyone is looking for a sweet and loving dog, please check this one out. We adopted a female cocker spaniel a year ago(looks like a twin ) and she is the best thing ever,gets along with small kids and cats and other dogs, only sorry we can't take in another one.

eapos eapos
Apr '14

Hasting,
I forgot to tell you. I believe the dog's name is Kip.
Hope you can find him a happy home. He deserves that.

Apr '14

morning glory~ I did not find the dog, I only reposted when I saw the picture on facebook. He is at Common Sense for Animals if anybody wants to adopt or knows someone that does :)
I get CSA's postings on my facebook page and pass anything along that is around this area.

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

Can someone please tell us if this has been reported to the proper authorities? She should have animal control or the police (I'm sure this is not something they would waste there time on) just AT LEAST show up on her door stop. Let her know that they are aware of her pet abandonment and that she could face fines if not now, but in the future if she does it again. People that abandomn there animals can not think it's ok and can get away with it. Why is she being left off the hook? Isn't this illegal? Why is nothing being done, if it there is, please let us know. Thanks!
I agree that the dog is much better off and will find a loving home, I'm sure.

villani villani
Apr '14

I am not in anyway defending her. But technically, she didn't abandon the dog. She lied and said it wasn't hers. If anything, she should have to pay the surrender fee to Common Sense for Animals.

poundstone poundstone
Apr '14

Poundstone, You somehow misunderstood this conversation.
She did in fact abandon the dog. She let him loose and walked away from him.
It wasn't until someone found him and brought him to the shelter or he was picked up
by the shelter. She told me when i questioned her about the dog's whereabouts that she "Took care of it and did what she had to do" her words. Believe me i will have a few words with her when i see her and i plan on contacting Common Sense tomorrow with her information. On the bright side of this. The dog is in good hands now and will hopefully get a decent home which he deserves.

Apr '14

AGAIN PEOPLE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL!!!!! COMMON SENSE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PRESSING CHARGES. she did not let the dog loose as morning glory 53 said. Kim, Animal control is a good friend of mine and picked the dog up from Susan at midnight last week. Kim needs more proof that skip was hers. So anyone with pictures or anything call ANIIMAL CONTROL

Terry Terry
Apr '14

Someone said they were friends with her on FB and there had been posts and pics of the dog and how much they loved it. Can't that be used as proof?

ladeevee ladeevee
Apr '14

It wasn't HER dog, it was her boyfriend's dog as someone pointed out. If any actions will be taken against this lady, they first should be taken against her boyfriend.

@Lena, they broke up and the dog was left in HER care. She was the one responsible for it. Apparently her FB is filled with pics of the dog and how much they love her.

kitty kat should be the person contacting animal control so she can provide pictures of this dog on that lady's FB page to prove that the dog lived with her.

Morning Glory also needs to call animal control too to share what she knows too. Maybe they both did and we are not aware of this. Perhaps since Terry is a good friend of animal control she can call her to find out if Kim is aware of any of this and let us know.

villani villani
Apr '14

If dog was registered under his name - he is responsible, especially if he just took off and abandoned the dog. All pictures with dog might be from the time they were together. Many kids/teens have pictures of their dogs on their FB pages and tell how much they love them but kids parents are registered owners and legally responsible for dogs. Similar to grandkids - people have pictures of their grandkids and tell how much they love them but kids parents are the ones who are legally responsible for kids care. She is not the only one who should be judged.

Isn't "She" the one who let the dog loose? She is the responsable one!

Just to let everyone know I am NOT Kitty Kat.

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Apr '14

I contacted animal control this afternoon and gave her a written statement.
I apologize. Susan gave many people conflicting storys of the dog's whereabouts.
I'm a huge animal lover and want to see this dog taken care of. Glad he is in better hands now even if it's the shelter.

Apr '14

Lena, sounds like you might be friends with this lady Susan who let the dog loose. The investigation has to start somewhere and right now it's her. Sure, the boyfriend can be questioned but the dog was living with Susan and that's where we have to start. She did not have to let the dog loose. If she did not want responsibility of the dog and it was not hers, why didn't SHE call animal control or the police? Why did she let it go?

villani villani
Apr '14

Villani - I have no connection to the lady at all, I just try to point that she is not the only one who should be questioned.

"Why did she let it go?" - looks like she was desperate because she was unable to take care of a dog who wasn't hers. Not many people know that animal control or police can help with handling unwanted dog. I personally assume that police has something more important to take care of, even in our area. And she might assumed that if she will contact animal control, they will kill the dog. And if she will drop it off at shelter, she has to pay and she has no money for this. Of course letting the dog loose is not humane and very poor decision but she probably didn't know what to do and had noone to help her. People are fast to judge but very slow to help, unfortunately.

'people are fast to judge and slow to help'????? that is assuming she asked for help.......abandoning an animal is against the law .......period! I hope she is fined at least. The original description said the dog was 'recently groomed' who paid for that?? The pathetic excuses as to 'why' she might have resorted to kicking the dog out on the street are not holding up......

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

Lena I understand your point and hopefully you will come to understand everyone else's point, which I think is much more valid. When you really think about it...there is no excuse for what she did, she put that poor dog out on the street. To me it's like throwing a child out in the street. I'm a very open minded, forgiving person.. but there is no excuse for what she did.

positive positive
Apr '14

Like I said before I know her and this was her dog . My brother gave it to SUSAN over a year ago. She can say it was her boyfriends all she wants but he was never home (he was always at work) she has been the one walking and taking care of him. He left and it was not his dog to take with him. And yes her Facebook has pictures of not only her daughter but herself with the dog and how much she loves him. There's no pictures of her ex boyfriend and the dog together. SKIP WAS HER DOG! I was in contact with the shelter and that's when they officially put the dog up for adoption , once they realized she didn't want him . She's irresponsible and I'm absolutely disgusted with her.

kitty kat kitty kat
Apr '14

Please please do not compare humans ( adults or children) with animals. SMH

It is wrong, there is no questions about that. My point is - people should have information how they can give away pets they can no longer able to care about without being judged and punished. Sometimes I see adds of people trying to give away their pets and other people saying bad things about them and that they can't give them away by putting ads on media. It a very tough decision to give away a dog and many people do it out of really bad situation and they need such information to avoid the situation like this. Providing information is the help for these people or at least they will know someone is always ready to help them.

Yea, ok..whatever!! Throwing a dog away like it's a piece of trash…that's what was done and you can make excuse all you want. Lets move on!
Please keep us updated with any information on this case, to whomever has any inside knowledge. I would really like to hear that this woman was approached and questioned and warned!

villani villani
Apr '14

Anyone know if this dog has found a home? The last FB update on Common Sense's page was from 4/30.

Calico696 Calico696
May '14

He is still available for adoption. He is 12 years old

Terry Terry
May '14

I hope he still finds a home even though he is 12, from his photo he looks much younger and did look like he had been cared for having been recently groomed. Fingers crossed for him.

May '14

Lena-Really? Everyone knows there are places to take unwanted animals. The shelter will take them, at no cost. Been there, done that. Cant believe your thinking.

botheredbyuu botheredbyuu
May '14

Everyone does not know everything regarding everything and anything like some folks on various threads including this one seem to know or claim to know. I don't know the woman who is mentioned in this thread nor I have ever seen the pup. I wonder who on this thread is stepping up to give this pup a new home? I do hope it gets a new home. Who is stepping up? HL: Judge and Jury.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
May '14

Mrs Pipes- I dont see you stepping up and giving this dog a home, so why are you jumping on others? I have a dog and cat, so I cant take it. HOW ABOUT YOU?

May '14

What about the folks who want whoever this lady is to suffer for her 'supposed' bad actions regarding this pup? Are any of Those folks stepping up to the plate? bby, are you? I contribute in various ways to children/families in need of help. I have no interest in owning or caring for a pet at this time in my life although I provided a wonderful home to pets in the past. I won't look for future responses to this thread. After all is said and done, this is HHL, and I know what to expect. For me, good bye to this thread.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
May '14

If you had read my post, I said I cant take the dog. Im not the one jumping on everyone who posts on this topic. You are.

Lol, adios!

May '14

I unfortunately i have to many pets in my home right now to care for anymore.
I hope he get's a nice home. He deserves that.

May '14

I too have a dog and three cats. The inn is full here. I hope he gets a nice home.

Calico696 Calico696
May '14

Thought some of you would like an update. I overheard the woman who dumped the dog yelling at a neighbor that she was fined for dumping the dog. She claims she isn't paying it because it wasn't her dog. I think the town disagrees with her on that! Finally some justice was served, now I hope he finds a great home to live out his days :)

resident resident
May '14

I think he is still at Commonsense, I don't see any updates on their Facebook page about him. Thank goodness he is out of that situation with the person who had him, hopefully he will find a loving home.

May '14

thanks for the update resident! wonder what happens if she doesn't pay the fine? anything? or is it just a formality? I hope there are some consequences

Hastings Hastings
May '14

I hope she get's fined. She's a disgrace!!!

May '14

Can those of you with Facebook share this pup's story with his photo - maybe he will get a home.

May '14

I found out that there are indeed consequences for not paying a fine. She will get numerous notices and finally a warrant for her arrest and her driver's license is suspended - if she gets caught without the bail money, she could easily go to jail.

Hastings Hastings
May '14

I just spoke with Sassy at Common Sense as I know these people very well and donate to their shelter. The cocker is still there. They are having a hard time placing him because he exhibits typical cocker behavior. He will randomly "go after" a person and he's not young which exasterbates the situation. He would best be placed with a person who understands cocker behavior. I sincerely believe that "things happen for a reason". It was certainly unfortunate what happened but "in the end" im sure that justice will prevail and hopefully he'll find a loving person who he indeed can call "his own". Peace to the sweet "puppy"...

just the facts maam just the facts maam
May '14

Had to stop by dr. Blease's to pick up some meds. Mosied on over to CSA to introduce myself to Kip and check him out. He seems to be a very friendly sort. Had a waggy tail and was very attentive and receptive towards me. I gave him some good scritches behind his ears and we chatted for awhile. He has a nice red collar on and a stuffed porcupine ball that he was playing with and showing off. They also have a shih tsu with one eye that seems very friendly. I know no particulars. Just stopped over to say hi.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
May '14

Well she doesn't have a license. She's never drove a car. So they won't get her that way.

kitty kat kitty kat
May '14

hopefully they will put her butt in jail then if she refuses to pay

Hastings Hastings
May '14

This dog is still with Commonsense and has not found a home as yet.

Nature Lover
Jul '14

What a crying shame all around. The poor animal.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '14

In his bio on Commonsense webpage it says that he does not like to be startled, but apart from that he is a sweet dog. Can any of you with Facebook "share" him?

Nature Lover
Jul '14

Can anyone cross post this dog on their FB pages at all?

Nature Lover
Jul '14

You just have to save the picture and then you can post it to facebook with the info of where he is etc.

Hastings Hastings
Jul '14

Just wanted to let everyone know that Kip has found a new home. I had contacted Commonsense to ask them. So happy for him!

Nature Lover
Aug '14

Glad to hear it! Thanks for updating us.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.