Hiking Update

Hi Guys,
I'm really sorry but I have to postpone my participation today. I'm on my way to the Emergency Dept @ Morristown. :( Please go ahead and meet up. I'm very disappointed. I really wanted to see Iggy because I'm a huge fan. Have fun it's beautiful outside today.

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Apr '14

Kit Kat, I think will wait til you are back. My hubby might come with us too. I live 20 minutes out of town. I hope that everything is ok with you and I also hope that the others will hike.

Oh no, I hope everything turns out ok. I am missing book club today because some stuff came up. I'm still not sure if Socks and I will make it. I figure I have to walk him at some point today anyway, so why not bring him hiking.

Lynnada Lynnada
Apr '14

Should we just postpone??? At a day/time when we can all make it?

KitKat I hope you are feeling better soon and I'm a big fan of you.

Love,
Iggy

I am glad I checked this before leaving...I am still willing to hike!!

kayaking kayaking
Apr '14

will never have everyone on one day ---unfortunately I wont make it but it only takes 2 people---enjoy and report back, please - - see you next time--

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '14

This is why Im not into group outings. My suggestion is to go by yourself ( females maybe not) or to go with a friend or 2. I would not let a dog run loose here as I have seen rattlesnakes more than once.

jerseycash5
Apr '14

How many showed up today? Was a beautiful day to be out.

A good day
Apr '14

Unfortunately, the hike didn't happen today. Kit Kat, I hope everything is OK; let's try to meet during the week one day.

kayaking kayaking
Apr '14

There were two of us. I enjoyed hiking with the most beautiful greyhound and her "mom". Sorry there weren't others, but we had a nice time. Didn't see any loose dogs or rattlers. Just some very polite mountain bikers and other walkers. We can try again.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Apr '14

Sorry, Ms Fishy, I didn't think anyone was going to show up so I didn't go, glad you had a nice walk. Will try again.

kayaking kayaking
Apr '14

Yes, it was a lovely day and we had a nice time. I had to be somewhere later, plus some errands, so it was a short hike. Since I have a greyhound, I never let him run loose, at 45 mph, they can get pretty far really fast.

Lynnada Lynnada
Apr '14

Hope everything is ok KitKat! My son and I went earlier in the day to fit the hike into our schedule. The lake was so pretty we decided to walk all the way around it and then back out again. The trail on the far side of the lake with the red trail markers was pretty wet. Total walk was about 7-8 miles.

What kind of fish are people catching in the lake?

Next time we might just walk to the spillway bridge by the lake and then take the same route back out again.

hktownie hktownie
Apr '14

Ive done that loop myself htownie but it doesn't come close to 7.8 miles. Unless you got very lost.

jerseycash5
Apr '14

Not sure if we were lost, we went around the lake and then ended up on barberry trail I think it was, with red markers. Couldn't see the lake any more after that, and that's where the trail got pretty wet.. I got the mileage from my pedometer, maybe it wasn't working right.

We'll try it again this weekend. Doing a hike a day for spring break staycation.

Yesterday we drove over the Dingmans Ferry bridge and went to the PEEC- Pocono Environmental Education Center off of 209. Hiked the Tumbling Waters Trail. It's a beautiful 3 mile hike. Some parts were steep, but it was worth it! There are other things to do there too, we'll go back.

hktownie hktownie
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.