What do you put in your Easter basket?

What do you put in your Easter basket?

I made a basket for my cat Scooby with a bunch of cat toys...the Easter Bunny doesn't discriminate (he likes cats too). Lol!

Since my 23 year old daughter loves spider man, I found a spider man sand bucket and put in chocolate bunnies, hair products, a spider man beach towel and a gift card.

I know... my cat and daughter are very spoiled, but I love doing stuff like this. :)

It would be great to see what other's put in their baskets......

positive positive
Apr '14

Re: What do you put in your Easter basket?

Here's Scooby's basket...

positive positive
Apr '14

Here is a pic of Scooby, pretty big for a little over 8 months old and ferocious looking. Lol

positive positive
Apr '14

Cute! Our boys picked out new food bowls and catnip toys for out kitties, and this year the boys are getting gardening themed toys/ tools. Little one got the Little Tykes gardening bench and the older one got kid size garden tools to help me in the garden. Then the obligatory baskets have a DVD for each of them and some plastic eggs w candy inside and a Reese's Choc. Bunny. And the grandparents added in a fun Radio Flyer wagon for the two of them to help move the plants and what not this year.

ladeevee ladeevee
Apr '14

Fake grass, dyed eggs, Hershey's Kisses, Reese's peanut butter eggs, Whopper's robin eggs, Gertrude Hawk peanut butter Smidgens, maybe some jelly beans. That's about it.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '14

The only thing in mine is a Mrs Smith's Mince pie and a few colored eggs.

Old Gent Old Gent
Apr '14

ian- Just curious..since weeanimal is too little for candy, who is the basket for?

ladeevee- Wow, the Easter Bunny must really like your boys! Very nice!

positive positive
Apr '14

positive I do the exact same thing as you. Very little candy in everyone basket and hair ties (yes even the boys), new brushes and combs, colored egg and always have to give them some kind of gift card. Even if they are over 20! I hide their baskets every year and hey have to find them. Got my daughter good 2 years ago as I disguised it as garbage. It took her over an hour to find it. LOL. They only thing I miss is hiding Easter eggs.

Christine Christine
Apr '14

Easter has always been a big holiday for my family. That and Christmas. My grandfather owned a restaurant and would close it down for Easter and the adults would hide eggs around the 1st floor and the kids would wait upstairs. Then they'd let us down and go hunt for the eggs. The big one to get was the golden egg since it usually had a twenty dollar bill in it. After the hunt we'd have a big dinner together and enjoy the time. I try to capture that fun and family time as best I can for my kiddos now, hence the gardening stuff so they can help me this summer.

ladeevee ladeevee
Apr '14

I love the golden egg idea! I always hide my daughter's basket in really unusual places...every Easter it takes her quite some time to find it. To keep the tradition going we still color eggs together even though she is an adult.

ladeevee, I'm glad that you think tradition is important as well. :)

positive positive
Apr '14

Omg Christine, the garbage can idea is perfect! I think I'm going to do it! Lol! I have to give that kid a challenge...she is getting too smart. Lol

positive positive
Apr '14

Cracking up with the garbage can idea. That will be a good one a few years down the line. You are welcome to hide the eggs for my kiddos tomorrow :)

ladeevee ladeevee
Apr '14

It's just a communal basket that my wife and I share, along with anyone who happens to visit. What's Easter without a basket, irrespective of whether or not you have kids? When Sebastian gets bigger, we'll pay more attention to his personal basket, obviously, but my wife and I have been living together for almost 13 yeas and I don't remember ever NOT dying eggs and making up an Easter basket.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '14

That is very cute and special ian! I'd think..not sure, you might not want to be looked upon that way, but that is very nice. Nice guy....

positive positive
Apr '14

I have some great hiding places! One year I even hid them in their own rooms. Hid them under their beds when they were outside the day before. It took them forever. I have hidden them in the dryer, washer, dishwasher, bathtub and in the dog cages. (they are covered with a throw) You have to be creative these kids are smart! LOL

Christine Christine
Apr '14

Rabbits, eggs, fertility... Easter is a pretty hot holiday, lol.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '14

You had to go and ruin it... that was your chance of redeeming yourself! Lol!!! o;)

positive positive
Apr '14

As an avid watcher of The Following, "redemption" is not something I'm looking for anytime soon (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '14

Basket?

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

Lol, you and Horatio don't fill a basket with airplane bottles for Easter, calico? You're missing out on what could be a great tradition (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '14

I make a basket every year for my father, it includes the chocolate rabbit's ears (yes just the ears) sick joke and a bunch of other candy including black licorice. This year he told me not to make him one as he is trying to lose a few pounds and doesn't want to be tempted so today I will be on the hunt of the smallest chocolate rabbit ever so I can at least give him something..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '14

That's a great idea ianimal. Believe it or not, I've never thought of it.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

I am 41 yrs. old and my mother will still make a basket for me. I guess it's cute, but completely unnecessary. Anyway, she brought it yesterday and it had peanut butter cups (MY FAVORITE!!) robin eggs (2nd FAVORITE!!) and some personal stuff like shampoo/conditioner, nail polish, and magazines that I like. She also brought some gourmet dog biscuits for the pups (poor mom never got grandkids, so the dogs have to take the place lol!)

I'm folding some money into origami shapes for the 13 year old and placing it in eggs in his basket. Some little lego packs, sippy cups for the tot, just a little candy. Won't put them together till they go to bed tonight So no picture yet.

Njchia Njchia
Apr '14

I try not to put in too much candy. I add books, small lego packs or craft supplies to fill out the basket.

gmr parent
Apr '14

Just filled the kids baskets. It looks like the 2 older ones got gypped but they got more candy than the 2 younger ones. The youngest got no candy at all. Plus the older ones got gift cards while the younger ones got toys.

jrsemom jrsemom
Apr '14

I am done and they are all hidden!

Christine Christine
Apr '14

What? No tuna? How can you have an Easter basket without tuna?

Grandma Tuna gave me lots and I ate it all up!! Now I need a nap, and we're gonna just snooze the rest of the day away....

Daddy got bugs in his basket. I think Mr Baci paid us a visit. ;-)

Sugar Sugar
Apr '14

Since the Easter Bunny has only come for only my husband the last couple years I told the Easter Bunny to skip all together this year.

However, I made my Dad a basket to mail to him. White Chocolate DOVE bunnies, White Chocolate M&Ms, Twix Eggs and Snickers Eggs.

Nosila Nosila
Apr '14

Nosila - The men and women on M&M Way, (High Street) thank you.

Never heard of hiding the basket. We always hunted for the eggs. Now with one kid home from college for Easter, we still hide eggs for her. Lol, no matter what age, they still like it and we all enjoy doing it.

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

Sorry - should have said "M&Ms Chocolate Avenue".

Ohhh, just had some dark chocolate M&Ms with peanut center ----- fantastic. Since bigger, they have less percentage sugary candy coating; loved em.

We stay away from the Easter stuff except for the peeps (gotta have some) and a few jellybeans and go with lindor's truffles, godiva squares, etc. Less is more and better is better but chocolate is always important.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Apr '14

So it appears I totally goofed this year. I figured my kid was getting too old for this stuff... I had her pick out what candy she wanted and then we proceeded to eat it befor Easter, so there was nothing left to put in her basket.

Then I made up a little basket with the items she wanted for Easter - a special bracelet, itunes gift card,etc. But I did not wait till today to give it to her. So we didn't have anything for this morning. Now she is all bummed out and telling me how she is having such a horrible day.

Didn't help that we went out to lunch and it was a disappointment (compared to how it was last year). Well, I will try harder for next year. I don't want to hid eggs, but I like the idea of hiding the basket!

Coralie Coralie
Apr '14

Christine, your garbage can idea worked like a charm! It took her at least an hour to find it! Lol! I told her that I got the idea from you. Thank you! :)

positive positive
Apr '14

That's great positive! I filmed my daughters when I did that and we showed everyone today. Last night when she was busy with her father I hid hers in her bedroom closet. Took her 30 mins. to find it. She was the last one to find it. LOL

Christine Christine
Apr '14

Hey JRT, your Mom is not the only one ~ this year I did a "Mad Men" themed Easter basket for my 30 year old daughter. She too says it is unnecessary. I also make a basket for my "grand-dog" too!

gwtwqueenie gwtwqueenie
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.