Newark Airport Short Term Parking

It has been a long time since I've parked my car for Newark Airport but I have a 2 day trip on Monday.

Can anyone suggest a favorite parking place, affordable, secure? I'm be arriving at 11:30 pm Tuesday evening.

It looks like prices have really gone through the roof.

Thanks.

I just use the daily and take the monorail. Always has been safe, especially returning when you get off the rail usually in a group. I have a personal preference to P1 and P2 because more convenient to Terminal A/B, familiarity of getting in and out on the roads, but I would gather most like P4, the new parking garage convenient to Terminal C. Key to P1 and P2 is not which is closest, but how close I can get to the monorail terminal. P4 is almost always more full.

website for parking availability before you head in: http://www.panynj.gov/airports/airport-parking.cfm

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Apr '14

The difference now between daily and parking right at the high rise garage now is no longer worth it. For just two days, I'd park there and bight the bullet. The off sites now all raised prices to cover their bus transport back and forth. That simple ride back and forth is now more costly than the parking itself.

Since my company pays for my parking, I choose short-term. It is $33 a day (tax included) and it is just convenient for me. I return home a lot at night and I just prefer to walk right to my car and not have to worry about a bus taking me off site or taking the monorail. Safe travels to you.

CGinHtown CGinHtown
Apr '14

Same as CGinHtown. Have not had problems parking on any level in short term.

NJMom3 NJMom3
Apr '14

Air Park $9.99 per day
http://www.newarklongtermparking.com/

The Great One The Great One
Apr '14

Be careful to include all the charges - that $10 turns into $18 by the time you add the fuel surcharge, the airport concession fees, the sales tax, the parking tax, etc. and only park two days.

We always use the offsite parking lot Newark Liberty Parking. It's a quick 5 minute shuttle ride to and from the terminal. We booked there for next week. Parking from Sunday morning to Saturday evening is $54.95.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

AirTrain service will be suspended May 1 through July 15th for repairs. Shuttle buses will be available during this time period. EWR officials have informed passengers to plan for delays.

If you have a connection out of Newark, I STRONGLY suggest you change it to an earlier flight prior to 1pm. Due to one runway operating, alot of flights have been delayed which are causing passengers to misconnect.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Apr '14

I ALWAYS use EZ-Way Parking at The Crowne Plaza Hotel.
If you poke around online, you should be able to line things up for about $7 a day.
Super safe. Close. And shuttles run regularly.

Jeremy Jeremy
Apr '14

recommen abcparking.net or the long term parking.

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Apr '14

Same as Jeremy. We've used them many times. Most recently two weeks ago. You do have to leave your keys, but they get your car ready when you call to be picked up.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '14

A followup.

I followed Jeremy's advice and used EZ-Way Parking at The Crowne Plaza Hotel.
It was close, cheap and shuttles did run regularly.

I would highly recommend!

Thanks for all your help!

Baci's mom, if people misconnect, do they wind up at the wrong destination?

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '14

For pickups, has anyone found anywhere convenient you can "hover" in the case that you get to the airport early?

Phili and other airports have "cell phone" lots where you can park while waiting for flights. Anything at Newark?

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Apr '14

Best place is under the overpass as you get off 78 for the access road. You'll see several cars there most times, and it's sheltered in case it rains. Quick 3 mins when they call you to say they have their bags.

I have used all of the parking that everyone noted already. However, I have found Newark Liberty Parking (yes, that's their generic name) to easily be the best. The service is outstanding, quick, and reliable. And with the printable coupon from their website, the rate is $6.52 per day. The only hard part is you may take a wrong turn trying to get to their lot the first time.

parknewark.com

GC, that's NOT recommended. Number one, I pass by there daily and there have been instances of cars being sideswiped. Number two, NJ State Police WILL give tickets when they catch you; never a warning. There is a new cellphone lot just south of the terminal area, drive into the airport and follow the blue signs. Much safer that way, esp after dark.

Or, if you are familiar with the area, get onto Rts 1&9 just south of the Rt 22 ramp, and turn onto International Way. Set your GPS for the Best Western Plus Newark, and it will take you there. Parking on both sides of the street and less than one quarter mile from the airport entrance.

JerryG JerryG
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.