Cats by West Valley View & Canal Way

if you have seen any stray cats in this area, please message me. I am in the process of trapping them for spay/neuter/shots......but am having trouble locating a few of them.

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

Hastings - just sent you PM

Neezy Neezy
Apr '14

What are you going to do to them after you trap them, spay them and / neuter them? How do you know that they even need that?

Animal Advocate Animal Advocate
Apr '14

AA - if they don't need it, I'm pretty sure they won't get spayed or neutered a second time.

What in the world could you have against someone who is trapping stray cats to get them healthcare?

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '14

Serious question. I know that when cats are spayed through a TNR program, they tip an ear. But for a cat who may have been owned by someone once (or is still and allowed to wonder) and has already been spayed, how do they know? It's not like you can tell the same way as if a male has been neutered.

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '14

when I adopted a stray and wasn't sure if she was spayed yet - the vet checked if there was a spaying scar first before surgery.

Neezy Neezy
Apr '14

they are released in the same area after their spay or neuter. They are also given shots......I am sure if they see a scar on a female the vet will know she is spayed :) just like Neezy's vet :)
Again........if ANYBODY knows where these cats are hanging out......please message me. It is really really important to try and get them before kittens are born.
And please......if you have an unspayed or un-neutered cat......I will be happy to transport it on my next trip. It only cost $40!! male or female

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

Thanks, Neezy!

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '14

great job hastings

pmnsk pmnsk
Apr '14

Awesome Hastings!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Apr '14

I'm so happy about the tnr-ing ---there are so many in shelters ---waiting forever

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '14

Please post here where to get them spayed so reasonably. I live on the mountain and called everywhere about three I have found. The cheapest is 200 a cat to spay or 200 per cat to surrender. I don't mind them being feral outside and about but cannot afford six hundred. I called everywhere- Common Sense, H town Hospital, Garden State, Chester, etc...Help..Thanks...

Crazy Jane
Apr '14

here's one resource- I used it for one kitty - and there are more - google lowcost spay -neuter, nj http://www.pfaonline.org/ and you can also try this: http://friendsofanimals.org/

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '14

On the search forum, type in spay and neuter Whitehall pa and the thread will come up.( I HOPE) There are a few places listed. Some place on another thread is copies of the pamphlets I put up, but I can not find it yet.
Great job hastings, it is so important that the cats get fixed.
When you TNR a cat you should take a picture of that cat and give it a name and number as to keep a record to check later if needed. That is what the TNR groups do. When I had a ear tipped cat show up here 3 or 4 yrs. ago I contacted a TNR group and they checked with all the other groups to see if she was missing from one of them. She was not one of theirs, so she has been living here ever since then.

4paws 4paws
Apr '14

Peaceable Kingdom of Whitehall, PA will spay or neuter the feral or stray cats for an affordable price. The price for a pet may be different.
The male feral cat trapped in the West Valley View area, was delivered Monday to Peaceable Kingdom, he was neutered, given a rabies, distemper and FIV shot, along with an ear tip for $40.00 -
Please call them for more information 610-248-1844
Peaceable Kingdom, Inc. 1049 MacArthur Road, Whitehall, PA 18052
It's approximately 43 miles from Hackettstown to there

Spay / Neuter Clinics

Peaceable Kingdom has partnered with animal welfare groups, veterinarians and concerned citizens to offer low cost spay/neuter services for cats and dogs. More than 3000 animals per year are spayed or neutered at our clinics. Please be aware that resources are limited and clinic schedules fill up very quickly.

Peaceable Kingdom offers the community low cost spay neuter for their companion pets. We also offer spay/neuter services for people who trap ferals. For information and pricing please call the shelter at 610-248-1844.
No animals with respiratory infections will be accepted.
Peaceable Kingdom offers many other services including: Vaccinations, testing, blood work and more. Call 610-248-1844 for a list of services.
* No animals will be accepted for surgery without an appointment.

Good Luck and God Bless You for helping the cats.

sosadsad sosadsad
Apr '14

sosadsad, the cat had a shot for FIV? He will now test positive for FIV even though he does not have it. Just my opinion,( please don't go jumping all over me for it) I would not get that vaccination for a cat. Of course I could be wrong and have it mixed up with the other disease they can get. I will have to look it up as the ole brain can't find things like it used to.
I second the good luck and God Bless all for helping the cats.

4paws 4paws
Apr '14

Correction, the shot is FVRCP, different than FIV - My mistake - So Sorry - No FIV

sosadsad sosadsad
Apr '14

Crazy Jane~ I will message you.......

Peaceable Kingdom is a great place. I checked many many places over the years.....this is easy to get to.....easy to make an appt......they get spayed/neutered, ear tip, rabies, distemper, ears cleaned, pain med shot. Its heading west so no crazy traffic to deal with in the morning, and pick up is at 3 at the latest. I picked up at 1pm Monday :) I would be happy to transport other cats if I have room when I go, just message me so we can coordinate that. Feral have to be in a trap......pets can be in a carrier.

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

Crazy Jane, I don't see a way to message you on here. Please message me and we can talk about your cats and maybe they can come with me on my next trip to PK

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

Hastings, you are a Gogsend for these cats, thank you. You have saved many kittens from being born and ending up being put down or worse. What are the numbers? 2 cats can turn into 750K if not spayed or neutered in just one year. Maybe Crazy Jane works and will check back later. I hope she does.
Thank you again.

4paws 4paws
Apr '14

AA-they can tell by the scar. My female was spayed 3 years ago and you can still see the scar.

Great job Hastings.

botheredbyuu
Apr '14

Hastings - Great work and Thank you for helping the cats. I have worked with Peaceable Kingdom and they are a wonderful organization, also have been in touch with No Nonsense Neutering in the Allentown area who also does the TNR program for $35.
Feral colony where I work was noticed last year and a coworker and myself started trapping and found these places, also for peoples info, PETCO has a neuter scooter program that gives discount rates for pets and ferals.
People don't realize how quickly these colonies can grow and it is also better for the health of the cats. We TNR'd 7 cats last year and found homes for 16 kittens we caught at young age. Have one Female that haven't been able to catch, and just saw that she may again ready to have kittens so we have to try for her again. We call her Coho, 13 of the kittens last year were hers.
Keep up the great work!

wendola wendola
Apr '14

thanks Wedola! ah......may need your advice on catching kittens ......hopefully that won't be the case. If people only realized what their irresponsibility does to a community by letting unspayed pets loose.......they just don't care and it makes me so angry.

Hastings Hastings
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.