Septic system pumped

Hi all , Didn't see a recent post since 2012 on this subject. Any advice on who to use for a septic system to be pumped out . We have not had ours done in a while and not sure of a reputable company to use for Great Meadows area. Thank you.

just a thought
Apr '14

I use George. http://www.callthepumper.com/

sack
Apr '14

Sac, Thank you for your suggestion. We will check them out.

just a thought
Apr '14

Flow Free Septic services Blairstown NJ. I have been a customer for many years. Great service from a very good company. 908-362-7766.

HtownForum HtownForum
Apr '14

HtownForum, Thank you also for your infor.

just a thought
Apr '14

973-427-1888. Just used them, and very respectful. Can't go wrong here, and their prices are exceptional.

Tourney2
Apr '14

Flow Free Septic services Blairstown NJ

need a drink
Apr '14

Russell Ried been around for years. Honest

fitter fitter
Apr '14

Thank you all for your input. A couple of these suggestions sound familiar. We will be having this done in the near future. It is good to have references from experience to start with.

just a thought
Apr '14

I also recommend Russell Reid!

luvlife
Apr '14

Has anyone ever used A.D.S. Environmental Waste for septic pump out?

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Apr '15

Do you mean Dave Mininni of ADS Environmental, Inc.? Or is this a different company with a similar name?

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Hmmm..... I don't know ianimal. Saw their advertisement in the Treasure Hunt.
Septic pump out $199 and that was the name. No mention of Dave Mininni.

Apr '15

You all sure know your crap......

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

Was the phone number on the ad 908-213-9400?

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

No, a different number.

Apr '15

I need mine pumped out. What would an approximate price be? And is the homeowner expected to have the tank area dug up? I've never done this before and have no idea what to expect.

Tanya Tanya
Apr '15

I have had it done in the past. They told me its cheaper to have the cover exposed before they come. If they do it, it will cost more. I will try A.D.S. Their ad reads septic pump out $199 up to 1000 gallons. 908-777-5100 Good luck!

I have had companies that tried to sell me chemicals that they would put in before closing it up. Said it would help the septic....blah...blah I say don't fall for it.
Get RID-X from Walmart and add it once a month. About $10. Never had a problem.

Apr '15

They don't dig it up;) There should be an access pipe in the area. We had ours done for the first time last year and I think it was $300 -ish? I could be wrong but it's somewhere around that depending on the size of the tank. Surprisingly they said they found a whole bunch of paper towels in it. Probably from the "not recommended" company that installed it before we moved in.

Blackcat Blackcat
Apr '15

They can dig up the cover. It cost more. Uncover it yourself. Save $$. Then they suck it out. I paid $300ish few years ago. I saw this ad for $199. Hey, why not!

Apr '15

I've been using Russel Reid for many years. I have two tanks as one is pumped into another. About 2 years ago I had it done and I think I paid under $200, with exposing the lid ourselves.

You don't need to buy stuff to put into the tank before closing it up. It makes it's own bacteria.

If you have a septic system and hard water you shouldn't use salt for the water. The salt will eat away at the concrete of the septic tank. Much cheaper to replace a hot water tank than a septic tank.

These tanks should be pumped out every 3 years at least. You can also lower your price if you get several neighbors to do theirs at the same time.

Magpie Magpie
Apr '15

Thanks everyone for the advice. It is very much appreciated.

Tanya Tanya
Apr '15

Tanya keep us posted on who you use! I would like to know if it is really $199 or if that is the # to them in the yard the it goes up depending on what the do or size of tank etc

Virginia Virginia
Apr '15

I will, but it probably won't be until sometime next month. The ground is still a little hard digging at this point.

Tanya Tanya
Apr '15

I used callthepumper (see website) this summer and was happy with the guys. Family business out of Califon. Like hiring the locals. Saw their number on the back of a truck in my area and called. Good service.

Bruin Bruin
Apr '15

Virginia - if you read my post above about the $199 from A.D.S, it states up to 1000 gals. So assume anything over that will cost you more. I have them coming next week, so will let you know. Like I said, don't fall for the gimmick they all try, to sell you stuff while they are there, which in turn will drive your cost up.

Apr '15

Trying to descide on Russell Reid or callthepumper for septic pump out. Are they both as good/same prices? Want someone honest.
Thanks.

Called ADS today for a price for 1250 and they said $256.50, still the cheapest around. Earth Care was the most expensive $396.71. Peach Brothers and Accurate Waste were the same at $281.25 but there are $10 off coupons out there.

Dadof1
Apr '15

botheredbyuu2, thank you....

virginia virginia
Apr '15

You're welcome Virginia.

A.D.S just left. Took 15 mins. $199 plus tax. Nice guy. Definitely recommend them.

botherebyuu2 botherebyuu2
May '15

Have used Reid for years, always a pleasure though not sure the cheapest.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
May '15

Had ours done this week by David Schafer Septics. Reasonable and prompt.

Wanda Maltese Wanda Maltese
May '15

Had septic in our old house for 30 years, glad to have sewers now, but I digress, please be careful digging up the covers, once exposed they can be death traps for kids . In our old neighborhood a friend dug his up to save a couple of bucks and a5 year old girl stepped on it and somehow it flipped, she fell in and drowned , wasn't found until the next day. Please be careful

eapos eapos
May '15

Don't most covers have a bolt that locks it down? Maybe thats just on the newer covers.

sack
May '15

So sad. Terrible accident.

We dug ours up. Original to the house, built in 1968. We just uncovered it. Grass and dirt removed. Cover is still on. The guy had to use a crowbar to open it. Not a hazard.

May '15

mine is pretty new, no bolt, but pretty hard to either remove or fall in without the lid or the rim breaking first. You need a bar to get it out, can't really use your fingers.

but I am wrong, apparently this happens quite a bit. Just one story, and a good one, but there's many that are not.

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2014/07/child_falls_into_septic_tank_in_tewksbury_family_warns_of_dangers.html

mistergoogle mistergoogle
May '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.