Are your nuts salty?

I just got my planters salted peanuts home from Target and there is very little salt in there. What gives?

sack
Apr '14

Oh boy....o;)

positive positive
Apr '14

The Government and Mrs. Obama are worried about your health. They need people to pay tax's.

Old Gent Old Gent
Apr '14

it's about the title of this post

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '14

Although I really don't buy jarred nuts to know/notice to comment, but I've heard FDA has (if not already passed down certain levels, then further seek to) reduce salt levels in all our food intake - Otherwise, maybe a wharehouse's "imperfection" production or different/new one (outsourced?) which may be why...ot why it's @ Target? (just compared to Shoprite, etc.?)
However, I'm sure if you give them a call, they'll give you a credit/coupon (as per their ...if you're not 100% satisfied... promise - which most/all firms have)
Is re-salting the jar with a little table-salt (or sea-salt) possible?

A lot of times, the salt will all settle to the bottom. With the cap firmly screwed on, turn the jar upside down and shake to redistribute. If that doesn't work, take a close look at the label... they actually sell a version called "lightly salted" that looks pretty much exactly the same as the good stuff. If you ask me, those containers should have to clearly note somewhere on the packaging that "these peanuts suck... you want the ones right next to them".

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '14

somebody named sack asked if your nuts are salty . . . . .

too many jokes . . . . . .not enough time . . . . . . .

practically speaking, Ian is right, and I have been known to put my nuts in a serving dish and get the popcorn salt and add to them.

what ??? . . . . too soon ??? . . . .

i love salt, it's one of my weaknesses

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '14

LOL, great thread.

I only buy unsalted nuts. I know, boring....

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

NO they aren't but "these pretzels are making me thirsty"

Firefly Firefly
Apr '14

Did you hear about the two nuts walking through the park ........ one was assaulted

coldout coldout
Apr '14

I'm staying away from this one... LOL!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '14

A guy goes into the bar and sits down and orders a drink. Other than the bartender, there's no one else in the place. All of a sudden he hears a voice that says, "Nice suit." He looks around and doesn't see anyone and the bartender looks busy washing some glasses. A little while later the same voice says, "Nice Tie." The guy looks around again and doesn't see anyone. He finally asks the bartender if he just said something.
"No," replied the bartender, "it wasn't me. It was probably the peanuts though. They're complimentary."

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

Re: Are your nuts salty?

Perhaps the Chef can help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w24Xd8fVlTU

(Caution: Not Safe for Work)

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '14

That depends.

HtownForum HtownForum
Apr '14

How do you catch a squirrel? Climb up the tree and act like a nut. o;)

positive positive
Apr '14

Now THAT is MY kind of squirrel positive!

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '14

well, they used to be, but as time has passed, not as much as before,

as we age we learn to surrender the things of youth gracefully

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '14

Peanuts are one thing - not to my liking. Brazilians are okay for some. I like hazelnuts or walnuts. Sometimes an occasional cashew, but he best have to be the filberts.
The other day I heated some Jack Daniels and roasted some pecans in it with a touch of brown sugar- delicious...midnite snack!

Crazy Jane
Apr '14

My favorites are cashews and pistachios...of course they are the nuts that are not too good for you.

positive positive
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.